Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:11:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer: BTC/USD Price Tracking and Discussion 2.0 (Unmoderated)  (Read 12064 times)
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 07:46:22 PM

Hey r0ach, are you a listener of Stefan Molyneux?

He's alright, but like most youtube people, they all seem to try and turn themselves into some type of cult figure or celebrity.  Usually people who just do print, people like "FSK", are better.  Here's an article he did in 2007 that sounds exactly like something a "Satoshi" would write right before creating bitcoin.  About midway through he describes bitcoin exactly in detail and this is in the year 2007:

http://fskrealityguide.blogspot.com/2007/09/agorist-philosophy-overview.html

He's even capable of being Satoshi since he's a programmer specializing in finance, but he later on claimed he hates bitcoin and it's just like fiat paper scams.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 08:09:13 PM

He's alright, but like most youtube people, they all seem to try and turn themselves into some type of cult figure or celebrity.  Usually people who just do print, people like "FSK", are better.  Here's an article he did in 2007 that sounds exactly like something a "Satoshi" would write right before creating bitcoin.  About midway through he describes bitcoin exactly in detail and this is in the year 2007:

http://fskrealityguide.blogspot.com/2007/09/agorist-philosophy-overview.html

He's even capable of being Satoshi since he's a programmer specializing in finance, but he later on claimed he hates bitcoin and it's just like fiat paper scams.

I don't think of Stefan as a cult figure, he's pretty humble in my opinion. You should watch that video.

As for the article you posted, yeah I've already read that years ago. Very much foreshadowing the future global economic state as well as the rise of Bitcoin. Also, I have no doubt that if the U.S. ever has a collapse of the dollar and/or hyperinflation, you will definitely see an agorist revolution if not all out French Revolution -style war.  The vast majority of Americans will not just roll over to a tyrannical government, and they are armed to the fkn teeth. They will not go down without a fight. Would make Venezuela look like paradise.
TeeBone

Activity: 502
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 08:29:07 PM

^^^Damn straight. Get as many firearms in the hands of private citizens is #1 priority. If you live in a gun-friendly state and dont own an arsenal, what ya waiting for ?

A bloody civil war or peaceful secession are the only 2 options at this point.

Gun control is why i hold little hope for Europe, castrated and weak with no hope of fighting back tyrant commies like Merkel.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 08:30:18 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2017, 08:23:54 AM by r0ach

To clarify, I think it's probably unlikely bitcoin was made by a single person.  There's a few different clues like the early mining being done likely in an .edu or govt computer lab (MIT?)

#InPhysicalSilverWeTrust

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
chopstick
Legendary

Activity: 992

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 08:36:17 PM

A bloody civil war or peaceful secession are the only 2 options at this point.

Yeah, it's either that or we let the Psychopaths in charge start a fucking nuclear war.

We can't let them do that.
TeeBone

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 09:03:14 PM

Stamp gathering steam..

close the week above 2500, good sign.
Torque
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 09:22:26 PM

To clarify, I think it's probably unlikely bitcoin was made by a single person.  There's a few different clues like the early mining being done likely in an .edu or govt computer lab.  

#InPhysicalSilverWeTrust

You'll probably snicker, but a while back I took some profits in bitcoin to buy some silver bars, and recently some gold coins. First gold and silver that I've owned that wasn't jewelry based. Somewhat pained me to do it though.

While I still hold most of my wealth in Bitcoin and still believe that it's the future of decentralized, deflationary currency/hedge against the debt-based fiat monetary system, I think it's prudent for everyone to own a little bit of PMs on the side as well for future insurance purposes. I see Bitcoin and PMs as complementary assets and not competing.
eiskalt

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 09:39:34 PM

Hash Rate is picking up pace...

May the force be with you .

and every rose has its Thorne.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10233

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 09:52:01 PM

I like the idea of free speech! Thats more in keeping with Adams original thread.

Agreed, but it won't be unmoderated - the old one was and this will be.

Still, Meuh is far too heavy handed for me.  May the best fork win.

I will follow this for now...

Agreed. I believe we need a bare minimum of moderation. Adam was pretty much the perfect mod.
After having two posts deleted within the first 4 pages (one relevant to speculation, one not so much), I felt compelled to start a new thread.

This thread seems to be the closest to the spirit of the WO thread, so far, and so would likely be the closest to the WO thread in any kind of ongoing competition that might occur, or in the event that something negative happens to the 17k plus pages of WO thread.

Of course the original WO thread would be the best to preserve because it has th more than 4 year post history - except for that period of time when so many fucks were trying to be funny by deleting their posts in order to delay the inevitable surpassing of 10k pages... Remember?    We would post on page 9975 or something like that, and then come back the next day, and the page count would be 9942.  Silly fucks!!!

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 10:04:08 PM

I am surprised that no one is discussing the stupid-ass Craig Wright speech in terms of effect on price or potential effect on price.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/6kvb78/ver_doesnt_care_if_wright_is_a_fraud_or_not_as/

More or less, he seems to be suggesting that he is teaming up with various BU and anti-segwit proponents in order to hardfork bitcoin because he thinks that segwit is an inferior solution in terms of scaling and even security.

I am not trying to give him too much credit, and it is possible that his chiming in could have an inverse affect on price, because maybe in the end, the sooner and more ridiculous the proposed hardfork, the less likely it will be successful and the more likely that the seg wit version of bitcoin can move on with whatever remaining hashpower remains with such seg wit fork?

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Torque
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 10:05:59 PM

I am surprised that no one is discussing the stupid-ass Craig Wright speech in terms of effect on price or potential effect on price.

No one is discussing it because no one in the Bitcoin scene cares what that complete fraud has to say. Even if he wasn't going around claiming that he was Satoshi, he'd still be considered just another uninformed idiot.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 10:26:40 PM

No one is discussing it because no one in the Bitcoin scene cares what that complete fraud has to say. Even if he wasn't going around claiming that he was Satoshi, he'd still be considered just another uninformed idiot.

Maybe you are correct, but if you hear the surprise speech that he gave, he was surely talking as if his views of bitcoin were the absolute truth and suggesting in very strong terms that he had hashing power to potentially get 20% or more of the hashing power to fork off with him.

He does talk a lot of crazy talk, in his speech, yet I do understand that maybe the content of his assertions are just way too incredible for any serious market players to take seriously.

Torque
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 11:33:44 PM

He does talk a lot of crazy talk, in his speech, yet I do understand that maybe the content of his assertions are just way too incredible for any serious market players to take seriously.

I fully believe that Craig Wright is one of those shills being paid by people who want impede Bitcoin's progress in the areas of SegWit, sidechains, maintained decentralization, experiential growth/adoption etc.. If not him, then there are certainly other shills who are likely being paid. Jihan Wu comes to mind.

Sure you can write that thought off as another conspiracy theory. But I have no doubt that the powers that be that would like to slow the adoption of Bitcoin in the public eye are getting desperate, now waging a 'social engineering' war that will continue ad infinitum. In lieu of hacks, exploits, media FUD, it's the easiest kind of war to wage against Bitcoin. It costs them next to nothing to do it, and if they can skew enough hearts and minds of the public away from Bitcoin and away from crypto in general then they ultimately win.
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 11:48:53 PM

Here's a little write up regarding the plans of Craig Wright, Roger Ver, etc.:
https://hackernoon.com/nchain-in-the-brain-return-of-the-fake-satoshi-1415a8b07f04
x2666

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 11:57:44 PM

Wall Observer forked into several chains. Disgusting, Bitcoin to follow.

BitcoinTalk is a highly censored cesspool primarily serving as a vehicle to operate scams.
Pointing out truth or straying from the promoted narrative will be met with shills spouting non sequiturs.
Trust ratings are meaningless as those who control them are not worthy of trust.
deepcolderwallet

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 12:02:47 AM

I like the idea of free speech! Thats more in keeping with Adams original thread.

For Adam!

Any thread where a post like this survives definitely has (so far) a light touch moderation.

So now I have to follow Marcus' thread and this one Sad

Marcus is an asshole who wants the locked WO to be a closed elite club where only Hero Member and Legendary are able to post. His personality is no different from the cockroach's one.

If you'd like to help me saving for my babie's future, bitcoin:1QCD4EYjeuEGjVCxkD7PAD2feEVEMYvpGU
Icygreen
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1135

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 12:43:16 AM

Until a time when the old WO thread is sorted out, I'll second  this thread as the one I'd prefer to follow. I have a feeling that how we handle the thread fork will likely be similar in bitcoin.   
TeeBone

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 12:53:57 AM

^^^Yes, sir....this WO is by far the most decentralized fork  Cool
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 01:02:48 AM

I fully believe that Craig Wright is one of those shills being paid by people who want impede Bitcoin's progress in the areas of SegWit, sidechains, maintained decentralization, experiential growth/adoption etc.. If not him, then there are certainly other shills who are likely being paid. Jihan Wu comes to mind.

Sure you can write that thought off as another conspiracy theory. But I have no doubt that the powers that be that would like to slow the adoption of Bitcoin in the public eye are getting desperate, now waging a 'social engineering' war that will continue ad infinitum. In lieu of hacks, exploits, media FUD, it's the easiest kind of war to wage against Bitcoin. It costs them next to nothing to do it, and if they can skew enough hearts and minds of the public away from Bitcoin and away from crypto in general then they ultimately win.

Actually, I agree with nearly the totality of this post.

I don't agree with you when you seem to be getting into numerology discussion and when you seem to be over simplifying the number of players in the bitcoin market and the affect of those players on price.

However, when you talk about certain folks either serving directly or indirectly as paid shills, that remains perfectly reasonable to me and in my thinking.

Actually, sometimes, there are kinds of relationships with mainstream financial players and governments that may not pay some of these goofballs, but they enable them in certain kinds of ways because their existence and their actions are serving the mainstream status quo institutions....   So, yeah, there can be a combination of paid and unpaid operative that are engaged in various attempts to disrupt the disruptors (namely disrupting and hoping to undermine or destroy one of their main decentralized, immutable and powerful threats - aka bitcoin).

Bitcoinaire

Activity: 696
Merit: 439

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 01:04:12 AM

Hopefully we can break out and continue to climb higher. Once Aug 1st passes we should be ready.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: