Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:33:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer: BTC/USD Price Tracking and Discussion 2.0 (Unmoderated)  (Read 12065 times)
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3434
Merit: 4368

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 02:24:21 AM

Ha! I would love to see how people falling over each other and fighting for those limited supply of 21M coins  Cheesy
deepcolderwallet

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 02:27:24 AM

Ha! I would love to see how people falling over each other and fighting for those limited supply of 21M coins  Cheesy

As I've read recently in this forum, "if each world's millionaire wanted to have at least one full bitcoin, there wouldn't be enough bitcoins".

If you'd like to help me saving for my babie's future, bitcoin:1QCD4EYjeuEGjVCxkD7PAD2feEVEMYvpGU
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2214
Merit: 3208

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 04:56:44 AM

Speaking of governments.

Does anyone know of any software tools that currently exist to record things such as land titles and other governance types of remediation over the blockchain? I know that these things are theoretically possible, just wondering if anyone had an open source implementation or an open project.

Digibyte. https://digusign.com/

*Disclaimer: I have no position in DGB, nor am I planning to open one.

"Powered" by the digibyte blockchain. Right. Can't find at first glance whether it is their own Blockchain or what, a definite no go.

I would go for a more battle hardened blockchain, the blockchain actually:
https://notary.bitcoin.com/
https://proofofexistence.com/

- You can figure out what will happen, not when /Warren Buffett
- Pay any Bitcoin address privately with a little help of Monero.
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 05:10:06 AM

for now nobody will even notice it, there is plenty coins to go around compared to the number of people interested in bitcoin. give it a couple more years, a SegWit activation and all the benefits and additional features coming from it and then the real fights begin.

Buying the dip...
savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 05:40:44 AM

Actually this is now the main fork, after the other two died dry. BitcoinNewsMagazine one was cool but people stopped posting there for no reason, Meuh sabotaged his own thread...

Elwar, good to see you around, have seen news from Latin America? Things are worst everyday, Maduro is playing a theater in Venezuela, possibly setting the right backstage to his so dreamed coupe d'état. Brasilian President Temer is likely to lose his presidential term due to many corruption accusations. His lawyers are using the same strategy last president used before being impeached. Sounds like desperation.

With so many countries on the brink of collapse I would not be surprised by that desperation leading to some sort of world war. That tends to be a nation's way of covering up their financial problems and pulling everyone together under some false sense of threat.

How do you see Bitcoin behaving in this WW scenario?

Millennials will refuse to fight! They are too self centered. Hmmm... maybe North Korea. But other countries would just nuke that one then go back to not fighting. Smiley
harrymmmm

Activity: 576
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 05:41:09 AM

Quantum computing update: https://www.sciencenews.org/article/quantum-computers-are-about-get-real

TL;DR: 50 qubit quantum computer available commercially within a few years.
Small versions (5 qubits) available to public via web access already.
16 qubit version available to beta test now.

These are real quantum computers too - not just quantum annealing thingies like D-Wave sells.

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 05:48:01 AM

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 06:03:57 AM

Ha! I would love to see how people falling over each other and fighting for those limited supply of 21M coins  Cheesy

I believe that 80% have already been mined (BTC) or am I high on this number?

July 2015 I think bitcoin was 267?

July 2016 I think bitcoin was 650?

July 2017 bitcoin is $2,600 even

so the point becomes ...is there enough actual real world use in speculation/store of value/currency etc

do we have enough people with 'skin in the game' to keep this boat afloat?

so the trend seems to be 'yep' on most if not all of crypto..and of course Bitcoin.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
harrymmmm

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 06:13:17 AM

Ahh. But that's just a big classical computer.
Counting to 2^256 is not needed to factor a 256 bit number on a quantum computer, for example.

As an aside, I think I'm right in saying that there are no minimum energy requirements to flip a bit in a reversible fashion, so there might still be hope for that huge classical computer too. Smiley
savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 06:13:28 AM

Bill Gates officially leaves the new world order to join the alt-reich.  Positive effect on cryptocurrency since every coin ever created is endorsed by Bill Gates?

https://www.dailystormer.com/arch-boomer-bill-gates-admits-that-infinite-blacks-wasnt-such-a-good-idea/

You can't blame him for being a noob! He is not a politician to put it in a nice way for the masses, with a pretty name attached to it... like "The Salvation of Africa Project" (that would be intended to stop them from coming to Yurope!)

But I think there is cheaper labor in Africa than in India or some other Asian 3rd world country. So... business people should think about that. But I think they would probably need some military enforcement to do business in those places first. And after wealth and prosperity comes, then the population growth will stop. Smiley
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 09:32:00 AM

Did the honeymoon just get paid for ?

yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 09:43:38 AM

Quantum computing update: https://www.sciencenews.org/article/quantum-computers-are-about-get-real

These are real quantum computers too - not just quantum annealing thingies like D-Wave sells.

Quote from: article
If this computer can be scaled up, though,

Which has proven rather difficult afaik. Not saying it won't happen, but claiming you're going to produce 50 qubits commercially in a few years when you don't have anything close to a working prototype seems optimistic.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 09:49:38 AM

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/businessreview/2017/07/04/seven-signs-of-over-hyped-fintech/ via ben_vulpes

trololol someone doesn't have any/is threatened by the bits-coins

Martin Walker is Banking and Finance Director at the Center for Evidence-Based Management (CEBMa) and produces research for financial consultancy Finadium. He has extensive experience in investment banking IT and operations. His roles included Global Head of Securities Finance IT at Dresdner Kleinwort and Global Head of Prime Brokerage Technology at RBS Markets. He also held roles at Merrill Lynch and HSBC Global Markets, where he was the Blockchain lead in Markets Operation. Additionally, Martin worked for the R3 CEV Blockchain collaborative on product development and has published two papers on the topic: Blockchain And The Nature of Money, and Bridging the Gap Between Investment Banking Architecture and Distributed Ledgers (R3 CEV Research – Mar 2017)

also https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2017-state-pension-funding-ratios/ via pankkake (yes!)

South Dakota alone of the United 'Sates' can manage its pension pot.

Did the honeymoon just get paid for ?

Na Roger Ver just needed a couple more Lambos to keep the scamring happy.

Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 09:59:19 AM

As we know there are not 21 million coins ever available. 2-3 millions are probably lost, locked or forgotten.
This is probably the reason why we see this on going attempts by some bad actors to take control over the protocol. These guys know very well how precious these coins are and what they probably could be worth in the not so far future.
But right now there also many many alts people can choose from. And some guys will try to push one or the other alt one the same level as Bitcoin, which I believe will miserably fail due to built in governance, premine and mutability.
pumpmydump

Activity: 151
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 10:05:16 AM

Or rather until what were thought by men to be "laws of the universe" just weren't so.
Dotto
Legendary

Activity: 981
Merit: 1005

No maps for these territories

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 10:23:31 AM

My 4qubits homebread toaster can crack it on batteries

TROLOLOLOOOOL
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Be a bank

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 10:57:38 AM

pl somebody school me on the bear market from early 2014 to autumn 2015
esp.: was it about the 'scaling debate'
or 'Chinese dumping'
other factors
?

ps i get that i can just 'research it myself' - goddamn lazy newbies
but would be interested to hear from this array of commentators

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 11:37:13 AM

pl somebody school me on the bear market from early 2014 to autumn 2015
esp.: was it about the 'scaling debate'
or 'Chinese dumping'
other factors
?

ps i get that i can just 'research it myself' - goddamn lazy newbies
but would be interested to hear from this array of commentators

It was mainly due to a correction from a jump over $1k that was far too soon. The correction made for a declining price. The longer the price declined, the less people saw it as a good investment which made it decline even more. And the longer that went on, the worse the track record and the less attractive it was to investors to invest in something that kept losing value month by month. Miners were no longer Bitcoin enthusiasts who held their bitcoins but Chinese miners who sold their bitcoins immediately to pay for high electricity and equipment costs. Miners selling with no new investors to meet the demand meant declining prices. The many bitcoin auctions of the Silk Road bitcoins added quick boosts of supply to the market.

Add to that the speculators that could make money by shorting bitcoin or selling their bitcoins in the hopes of buying lower (which was profitable).

The trolls pointed to the "willy bot" saying the jump over $1k was created by MtGox. News reports constantly pointed that Bitcoin died when MtGox crashed "Bitcoin hacked!" or some CEO of a Bitcoin company died which turned into "CEO of Bitcoin died". The longer the price declined, the more people believed that the "Bitcoin experiment failed" selling at the bottom.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Be a bank

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 12:17:17 PM

^aha that's brilliant thank you so much for your insights.

harrymmmm

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 12:47:00 PM

Quote from: article
If this computer can be scaled up, though,

Which has proven rather difficult afaik. Not saying it won't happen, but claiming you're going to produce 50 qubits commercially in a few years when you don't have anything close to a working prototype seems optimistic.

I think that 50 qubits was non-error corrected, so it's not that far out of the question. They have 16 qubits running already and without error correction scaling is much easier. I think the scaling impediment is the connection capability they mention - you can bet they will degrade that to get the 50 qubits running tho.

So it all means the computer wouldn't be as useful as you might expect 50 qubits to be. Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: