Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:20:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer: BTC/USD Price Tracking and Discussion 2.0 (Unmoderated)  (Read 12065 times)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 10307

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 08:56:24 PM

hahahaha...

You are much better, more humorous, more likeable as a regular poster, rather than having   editorial power..   Cheesy Cheesy

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Biro Bob

Activity: 308
Merit: 146

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 08:57:13 PM

Anyone notice the Poloniex bloodbath?
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 09:01:23 PM

All look normal ... for now.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 09:01:42 PM

Any specific crypto?  And can it somehow be related to bitcoin USD prices?

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Biro Bob

Activity: 308
Merit: 146

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 09:05:04 PM

Any specific crypto?  And can it somehow be related to bitcoin USD prices?

Pretty much every single one.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 09:53:36 PM

can we agree not to talk about shitty altcoins?

the euro is a nothing coin, soon to be defunct, and most certainly off topic

WhatsBitcoin

Activity: 560
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 10:01:58 PM

I guess it's about time to start hucking money at Polo. Roll Eyes

Get sick. Get well.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 10:14:21 PM

Don't do it. It's probably a tarp.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 10:17:21 PM

Don't do it. It's probably a tarp.

talking to yourself is the first sign of sanity

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 10:18:15 PM

Smiley

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2017, 11:41:24 PM

Is there a way to lend USD on Poloniex or can that only be done on Bitfinex?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 11:44:44 PM

Is there a way to lend USD on Poloniex or can that only be done on Bitfinex?

No USD lending available on Polo, unfortunately.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3570
Merit: 5043

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 12:05:17 AM

Well well, inch by inch, Bitcoin's dominance rising while total crypto market cap is flat or falling.

Which means either alt trades coming back into btc, or alts just going straight to fiat. Weak hands.
deepcolderwallet

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 01:15:41 AM

Well well, inch by inch, Bitcoin's dominance rising while total crypto market cap is flat or falling.

Which means either alt trades coming back into btc, or alts just going straight to fiat. Weak hands.

If you'd like to help me saving for my babie's future, bitcoin:1QCD4EYjeuEGjVCxkD7PAD2feEVEMYvpGU
deepcolderwallet

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 01:34:47 AM

I have a question for you, Meuh.
Why in your thread you had that rule about no more than 300 pixels images and here you don't respect it?

If you'd like to help me saving for my babie's future, bitcoin:1QCD4EYjeuEGjVCxkD7PAD2feEVEMYvpGU
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 01:56:22 AM

I was actually a little worried about "the flippening", which seemed imminent. Now it just seems silly.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 02:36:42 AM

I was actually a little worried about "the flippening", which seemed imminent. Now it just seems silly.

The flippening did seem kind of inevitable for a while there, but I believe that it got way more press than it deserved.. because, even if the flippening did happen, ETH was still a shit coin.. ...

I still think that ETH is a shitcoin but it is way too early to write ETH and the various ICO scams off, and the flippening could still occur in a variety of ways.. the pumping of ETH or the dumping of BTC... .. but such flippening does not have as much significance as the alt coin pumpers and the bitcoin bashers like to attribute to it... and some of those ETH folks were becoming excessively arrogant and self-confident in their BTC bashing (and even saying that they had taken everything out of BTC and put it into ETH) as ETH prices crossed into the $400s.

Hard to measure, no?  Are the dragging down bitcoin too, or is some of that money coming back to BTC or is some of that money going to fiat?  I am sure that there are theories and even some evidence to make arguments, no?

bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 02:45:21 AM

The risk of (temporal) "flippenning" was real for some time for a main reason: ETH was having an almost constant pump without ever having experienced a real bear market (in fact it haven't yet) so that almost noone was selling. Contrary what Bitcoin has already experienced in the past, I don't think many homes/lambos have been bought from ETH profits yet. People were just holding and holding in the hope of "the flippening".

Now they are experiencing, for the first time, that locking profits is sometimes better than just holding an iliquid coin. This will probably bring some sense to crypto markets.

Just wait until all those ICO's try to get "their" money back out of ETH. It will be a fucking bloodbath.

19VBmRQVqrtNTGiwngZutwREagcKxJgVZM
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 02:57:58 AM

The risk of (temporal) "flippenning" was real for some time for a main reason: ETH was having an almost constant pump without ever having experienced a real bear market (in fact it haven't yet) so that almost noone was selling. Contrary what Bitcoin has already experienced in the past, I don't think many homes/lambos have been bought from ETH profits yet. People were just holding and holding in the hope of "the flippening".

Now they are experiencing, for the first time, that locking profits is sometimes better than just holding an iliquid coin. This will probably bring some sense to crypto markets.

Just wait until all those ICO's try to get "their" money back out of ETH. It will be a fucking bloodbath.

Yeah... decent quantity of bleeding - that has not yet reached the bloodbath levels yet.

Should we put buy orders in at below $50? 

If it drags down bitcoin, maybe below $2k?  on the other hand, bitcoin could stay stable or even if the opposite price performance were to happen, then panic might become more extreme..?

Aren't some of those delirious fucks locked into their ICOs depending on the terms of the ICO, I suppose.  The founders will be cashing out while the investors will be locked in.. and the truism about alts being good to get more bitcoin will play out for some, but not for all... oh my, oh my...

bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 03:43:15 AM

I don't know if it will drag down Bitcoin somewhat or if it will have the opposite effect. Any way I hope and expect for Bitcoin "dominance" to keep recovering though.

About the ICO's, more importantly if the holders are term locked into the ICO is if the ICO itself has some restriction on selling the ETH obtained in the ICO. Most do not and even if the plan is to hold some part of it they will need to keep selling to deliver.

19VBmRQVqrtNTGiwngZutwREagcKxJgVZM
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: