Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:16:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RE: "Mt. Gox is OBSOLETE. STOP USING IT."  (Read 7769 times)
Synaptic (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 09:51:56 AM

I had created a thread with the title of this post, which garnered over 3000 views and over 60 replies.

It was deleted.

Not locked. Not moderated.  But expunged.

It was actually full of lively debate from a lot of people other than myself.

Expunged.

Why?

We need to really start bringing attention to the censorship here.

I call shenanigans.  This is obviously a move by the admins of this forum for damage control, to keep Mt. Gox from suffering the fate it so rightly deserves.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Synaptic (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 09:56:16 AM

There is definitely collusion with MtGox by the admins of these forums.  You people are being taken for a ride.  Wake up.
Man From The Future

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 10:00:35 AM

Ah, well, time for a mass exodus to some other forum which will then end up having this happen again?

I can see at least getting rid of anything illegal in the country it's hosted in, so you can keep the forums, but getting rid of this = ...

:s

edit: Although, it may have been a bit provocative? I can't really see how that makes it good to get rid of it...

THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /
      ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▀  ███  ▀▀█████
 ████     █████     ████
████     ███████
███▀    ████ ████
███▄   ████   ████
████  ████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████
 ███████████████████████
  █████▄▄       ▄▄█████
   ▀█████████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 10:02:12 AM

You wish your posts were subversive, they were just vulgar.

Synaptic (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 10:05:04 AM

You wish your posts were subversive, they were just vulgar.

You wish. I actually only had made about 10% of the posts in that thread. It was a community discussion, not a rant.

It was just a discussion that the powers that be do not approve of.

Ah, well, time for a mass exodus to some other forum which will then end up having this happen again?

I can see at least getting rid of anything illegal in the country it's hosted in, so you can keep the forums, but getting rid of this = ...

:s

Yeah, it's pretty fucking telling that they'd get rid of that thread...

Get it through your head people.  This is not a free forum.  The debate is being manipulated for the benefit of large interests.

LIKE FUCKING LOBBYISTS, MTGOX IS INFLUENCING THE DEBATE HERE.

You have been put on notice people.
ironwolf

Activity: 76

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 10:05:16 AM

I look forward to seeing a thriving "Synaptic's 'I'm Through With Bitcoin'" forum real soon now!
piuk

Activity: 910
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 10:06:00 AM

I didn't think the post was out of line.

The mods/admins/developer/exchange owners are all mates. It's kind of ridiculous to have a decentralised currency with such a centralised core.

Batouzo

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 10:07:06 AM

I had created a thread with the title of this post, which garnered over 3000 views and over 60 replies.

It was deleted.

Not locked. Not moderated.  But expunged.

It was actually full of lively debate from a lot of people other than myself.

Expunged.

Why?

We need to really start bringing attention to the censorship here.

I call shenanigans.  This is obviously a move by the admins of this forum for damage control, to keep Mt. Gox from suffering the fate it so rightly deserves.

You want 100% uncensorable forum - post your post to Freenet.  Freenet + Frost setup is 5 minutes,  +Freetalk is another 2.
Anyway what was the post about? Did it contains something "bad" like more leaked private information etc?
ironwolf

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 10:08:47 AM

The mods/admins/developer are all mates. It's kind of ridiculous to have a decentralised currency with such a centralised core.

Then by all means help decentralize the Bitcoin world further and start another forum. As an experiment, you can simply start a Bitcoin thread on 4chan and see how well that goes!
Synaptic (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 10:09:44 AM

I didn't think the post was out of line.

The mods/admins/developer are all mates. It's kind of ridiculous to have a decentralised currency with such a centralised core.

Thank you piuk.  It was a rather good discussion about the weaknesses of MtGox and exchanges in general, but there was a large bias against MtGox by most of the posters there, and really put MtGox on the chopping block.

It should be apparent to everyone here now that behind the scenes the major players are connected, and you are mostly a bunch of patsies in their game.
Synaptic (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 10:11:14 AM

ITT:

Blind morons defending their forums in the face of truth and attacking ad hominem and baiting red herrings.
ironwolf

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 10:11:35 AM

It should be apparent to everyone here now that behind the scenes the major players are connected, and you are mostly a bunch of patsies in their game.

Whew. Glad that's so apparent now... you can stop saying it.
Synaptic (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 10:13:38 AM

Whew. Glad that's so apparent now... you can stop saying it.

So are any of you fucking retards going to put forth a single comment about the manipulation of the debate on these forums, or just keep attacking me?
ironwolf

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 10:15:43 AM

So are any of you fucking retards going to put forth a single comment about the manipulation of the debate on these forums, or just keep attacking me?

Sure, I'll engage you in serious conversation. After all I am a "fucking retard."
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 10:17:10 AM

Trolls are awake today
But I can't chose in which side they are

Hint: whoever thinking 'both' win 1 point

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Synaptic (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 10:17:24 AM

Sure, I'll engage you in serious conversation. After all I am a "fucking retard."

And then what happened?
aral

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 10:18:01 AM

I didn't see the thread but removing it was a completely fucking retarded thing to do.  Mtgox is a disaster for bitcoin and needs to be killed off.  The bitcoin-rich above all should realise this is in their interest.  We need a healthy selection of secure, competing exchanges... basically the complete opposite of mtgox.
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 10:19:50 AM

Synaptic, you're rude as hell and generally obnoxious. About par for the course for here.

Mods, start explaining about the deletion. Suppressing discussion like that looks extremely bad, especially at a time like this.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 10:23:11 AM

All caps in the thread title was a bad start Synaptic, IMO.
Also the wording could be more suitable to an honest discussion. Would you consider understanding the fact that "Do you think people should still use MtGox?", is more likely to appear to invite an unbiased discussion?

If you are open to trying out new methods, then perhaps you can learn to be an asset to the community, since your level of passion and intensity is obviously so strong.  Smiley

Synaptic (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 10:25:40 AM

Synaptic, you're rude as hell and generally obnoxious. About par for the course for here.

Mods, start explaining about the deletion. Suppressing discussion like that looks extremely bad, especially at a time like this.

I apologize.  I am going on 36 hours awake as is usual for me and checkin in here to see that thread deleted was just sickening.

Even more sickening is the absolute ignorance of some the users posting in this thread. Like somehow they're justified in turning a blind eye to blatant corruption here on these OFFICIAL bitcoin forums.

It's even further sickening because of what they're supposedly standing up for with bitcoin LOL.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: