Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:10:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 4 BTC Loan With Collateral?  (Read 570 times)
SAllred017 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 09:09:37 PM

Hi guys,

I created a new account but I can assure you it was not for the purpose of scamming.
I am new to btc loans but I thought I'd ask... as I need a quick solution...
I need a 4 btc loan to handle an urgent movement to Leeds Uk and for continuing business.
I need the loan for 90-100 days until I can get back on track with everything and collect some $ on some open contracts.
% interest rate I need a decent rate that I can pay, as I can't claim that I have a system to multiply money at % per day... so please if you can help with reasonable offers

With Collateral? The reason why I use the ? is because I do not know if there is a way to do this and consider this a collateral.
All I have to offer virtually:
1. Convertible note, I invested into a startup which is building an interesting technology for b2b (financial management) and I have a convertible note of $120k which is to convert at 30% equity or cash + interest at term (July2018) of course being a start-up it needs to be successful
2. I have built technology for another startup and I can show you cost from devs of around $30K and I put the assets/IP = code into a escrow as collateral
I think this is what I have to offer and couple brand-able domain names (but not with traffic value only from a brand perspective maybe)

Can this work? Anyone interested to help?
I am out of cash and no way to collect outstanding invoices at this time and I urgently need to move to Leeds, UK.
Out of the 4btc, 1.90btc will go towards some biz expenses I have to cover asap and  2.1btc will cover deposit for apt rent in Leeds + 2 months rent before I sort things, receive cash on invoices for work done and get income from my new job and my wife's job. (I can also offer design + dev work).

Please let me know if this can be considered collateral and if someone is willing to help. Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 01:32:43 AM

IMO this is not valid collateral.

What is considered collateral?

Collateral is something that can easily be resold to cover the loan value plus interest should the loaner default on the loan.

- The best collateral is another crypto-currency, such as Litecoin (also written as LTC).  Coins must be moderately traded on multiple exchanges.
- Some digital wares such as domain names can be considered as long as the user cannot recover it.
- Small valuable items that can be shipped though the mail - i.e. gold, silver, iphones, etc.
- Large items, such as a motorcycle or guitar can be used if you live close to the person giving you the loan.  Try localbitcoins.com

COnvertible notes as you said are only really worth anything if the start up is successful. And plus, you'd have to wait quite a while actually to get the cash into your hands. A collateral must be readily liquidated in the event of a default.

Domain names that aren't 4-5 letters .com domains aren't really accepted as collateral either, of course it'll depend on your domains but i highly doubt it is anything valuable.

I recommend you just getting a personal loan from your bank, or an overdraft. You'll find much better interest rates and much higher rates of acceptance.
SAllred017 (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 07:00:32 AM

Hmm I understand... I was thinking maybe because the note is of high value 120% the amount asked, it would show that I am highly interested to recover it as I made a big investment in that with serious intentions and I would not let it go for not repaying 4 BTC but I do understand the liquidity issue with it, so I guess the bet will also be on me which doesn't really apply ...
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 08:55:36 AM

Let me get this straith. You create a new account here for asking, again, a loan without providing anything valid here.
You didn't read, again, any of the stickies on this section and the only thing that you have to say is that you won't  default.

Enjoy the reds, again, i have nothing more to say about you and your way of thinking and acting.

SAllred017 (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 10:07:41 AM

I have read the stickies but I was not sure if a convertible note/debt (which is a serious legal document that has value) could be considered as collateral, so I asked...
I do not understand why some are so offended if I asked a honest question explaining what I can offer...
I did not intend to violate any rules, and I see that if I am new to this forum that is hold against me...
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 02:40:11 AM

What company issued the convertible note?

Any potential lender will need to assess the creditworthiness of the issuer, and will need to be sufficiently experienced (or have sufficient knowledge) in handling the assigning of this kind of debt instrument.
kimmy724

Activity: 143
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 03:16:47 AM

What types of collaterals are valid for Loans ? Just asking for an inquiry . I might be interested on loaning some BTC,

Jemzx00

Activity: 1470
Merit: 546

Be nice!

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2017, 04:23:06 AM

What types of collaterals are valid for Loans ? Just asking for an inquiry . I might be interested on loaning some BTC,
The best collateral that you can use are altcoin which has a 130% or more value on the amount you're loaning. Other collateral are Bitcointalk account, which is rarely acceptable by now, domains that has value, and some things that can easily be sold once the person who loaned defaulted it. 
You can read more about it on the sticky on this Board.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
SAllred017 (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 07:17:17 AM

I can provide more info about the company and everything else on PM as if I list the name it will be indexed in google and I want to avoid that.
Yes of course due diligence is required, but it is a startup building software for small businesses so no big company.
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 08:14:17 AM

What company issued the convertible note?

Any potential lender will need to assess the creditworthiness of the issuer, and will need to be sufficiently experienced (or have sufficient knowledge) in handling the assigning of this kind of debt instrument.

Besides that, it depends and from the counrty that the lender is located/based.
Even if the convertible note is from a big "well-knowned" company, that doesn't mean that it have any "legitimacy" at all the countries/regions.
I guess we need a lawyer to share with us his knowledge...But from where?! US, EU, Asia... Roll Eyes Undecided

SAllred017 (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 10:55:53 AM

US company
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: