Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:19:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Noobpool.com Ethereum mining, 0% pool fee!  (Read 19919 times)
krallkain

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 03:47:33 PM

Warning! This pool seems to be a scam. More details here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2078147.0.

It's a pretty funny post, everyone should read it.  It's basically a 'I've been trying to cheat the system and they put up a warning saying it won't be allowed'  Then he cries and whines about it. 

You are pretty funny yourself for talking about cheating the system where the only "cheater" at this point is yourself for stealing funds.
noobpool (OP)

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 03:56:28 PM

All anyone has to do is check the transactions and they can see that I haven't cheated anyone.  Since I keep everything 100% transparent anyone can see anything related to the pool.

I guess you won't be pool hopping on our pool again, so everything worked out for the best.

For everyone else, I don't consider people who mine on our pool, then hop to another pool a pool hopper.  I'm only talking about the bot users who jump on the pool the moment we hit a new block with 20+ GH, which is more than twice the combined pool's hash power, they stay for an hour or two and their bot software sends them to another pool that has just hit a block to steal a big % from them.  We like prop, it's the most fair way so that everyone gets paid for the work they did.  But people who cheat the system like you do is not going to be tolerated.

http://www.noobpool.com Ethereum Mining Pool
Chiefsmith

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 09:51:24 PM

How is he cheating the system?   It's a known approach. This is why no normal pool runs a straight up prop system anymore.  At the end of the day your 'tax', if true, is what's really the theft and I hope someone holds you accountable to that.  

This whole thing has been a big joke.  Why you have 100 people putting hash power against your sever is beyond me.   I guess part of it is that you're catering to the newcomers and unfortunately they are still too inexperienced to understand what they're seeing.

I'd recommend to them to take a meager 1% pool fee in exchange for stable payout, no hacks, no shady business and squeeze what they can out of mining eth before it's all over in a few months...  
noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 10:15:32 PM

How is he cheating the system?   It's a known approach. This is why no normal pool runs a straight up prop system anymore.  At the end of the day your 'tax', if true, is what's really the theft and I hope someone holds you accountable to that.  

This whole thing has been a big joke.  Why you have 100 people putting hash power against your sever is beyond me.   I guess part of it is that you're catering to the newcomers and unfortunately they are still too inexperienced to understand what they're seeing.

I'd recommend to them to take a meager 1% pool fee in exchange for stable payout, no hacks, no shady business and squeeze what they can out of mining eth before it's all over in a few months...  

How about I recommend you get a life and stop worrying about my business.  Legit miners get paid, cheaters will not.  Look it up, everyone who isn't a pool hopper sees it as cheating the system.  Prop works best for part time miners, noobs, people who don't run 24/7 mining rigs.  So changing up the system to pplns so that pool hoppers don't profit will hurt those that the pool caters to the most.  So I give a fair warning to pool hoppers.  You will not profit using noobpool, it's for real miners, not people trying to cheat the system.

If you don't like it Chiefsmith, don't mine there, it's pretty simple.  If other people think it's shady practice or don't like it for whatever reason, they don't have to mine there either.  PPLNS isn't the only way to stop pool hoppers. 

If pool hoppers were not a problem, pplns wouldn't be popular, so obviously they are a problem and I'm putting a stop to it on my pool and not going to be forced to change the payout system just because of a few people who want to cheat and make a quick buck off the work of others. 

As for the 100 people mining that you call inexperienced, maybe take a closer look.  There are a lot of miners with multiple rigs, I don't think I'd call them inexperienced. 

I'm really tired of arguing this with you and everyone else.  I'm done with this subject.  Bottom line, pool hoppers are not welcome, everyone gets paid, hackers are no longer an issue, I've never cheated, stole, or scammed from anyone.  So you can STFU now and move on.

noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 03:48:06 AM

The only problems the pool has is the negative comments around different forums.  Everyone is mining, we have been finding a lot of blocks, everyone is being paid, everyone is happy, and the pool hoppers have stayed away.  So life is good at noobpool.com. 

noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 04:21:37 AM

No one has bashed us in like 2 days.  Maybe because everyone is getting paid and the server is secure. 

Chiefsmith

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:28:51 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2017, 11:08:58 AM by Chiefsmith

No one has bashed us in like 2 days.  Maybe because everyone is getting paid and the server is secure.  

No, just pointless arguing with you and your attitude.  People have been warned and they can choose as they wish to mine with.

BTW you might want to look on your own telegram channel.  It sure doesn't sounds like everyone is getting paid and is happy.
noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 03:30:41 PM

I knew I could count on you to bump this post with your negative comments.  Stalking us now too?  Shocker.. 

metacrypto

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 03:43:44 PM

the hacks were unfortunate that's for sure but noobs been a man of his word. pointed my rig at ethermine for a few blocks while my pending balance got paid back and now im 100% squared up and back on noobpool.. payouts are consistently higher here vs ethermine so these guys can bitch and complain all they want, we're still here collecting while theyre paying fees lmao noobpool ftw!
noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 03:47:45 PM

The pool is bigger than ever, we recovered from our hack issues, have made the pool secure and blocks have been flowing in.  Except for the current one which is being stubborn, but we will get that one soon.

eagleye

Activity: 58

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 01:55:37 PM

New block.  A bit over at 250% but the average is still 4% luckier at 96%.  so it was 4 days at 250% which should be 2 days at 100% with 10GH rate.  but we've doubled the hash rate to 20-25 GH.  So with a 100% statistical average, that's a block a day or less.  Luckier, soon, unlucky maybe 2 days.  these statistical averages are right on target and this long round balanced out the recent blocks found much sooner and earlier.

eagleye

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 05:05:32 AM

just solved another block.  That's 2 days at about 10-15GH.  But jump on board now cuz there's a few large miners who joined and we've jumped over 250GH.  That means we should be solving a block every 3  hours.  Things may start happening quickly now.
eagleye

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 05:32:48 AM

ok, now we are rockin'.!!!!   That's the fastest next block ever in under an hour.

correction:   now it's two more blocks  and two of them within 10 minutes.  this is screamin'......
noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 03:01:29 AM

That was fun, a couple guys bought a big bunch of nicehash power for a couple hours last night.  Ended up finding 4 blocks in about 2 hours.  They doubled their money, so it worked out for everyone.  Even hit one block at 10%.  The pool is going great.

Belligerent Fool
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 06:27:47 AM

How about I recommend you get a life and stop worrying about my business.  Legit miners get paid, cheaters will not.  Look it up, everyone who isn't a pool hopper sees it as cheating the system.  Prop works best for part time miners, noobs, people who don't run 24/7 mining rigs.  So changing up the system to pplns so that pool hoppers don't profit will hurt those that the pool caters to the most.  So I give a fair warning to pool hoppers.  You will not profit using noobpool, it's for real miners, not people trying to cheat the system.

If you don't like it Chiefsmith, don't mine there, it's pretty simple.  If other people think it's shady practice or don't like it for whatever reason, they don't have to mine there either.  PPLNS isn't the only way to stop pool hoppers.  

If pool hoppers were not a problem, pplns wouldn't be popular, so obviously they are a problem and I'm putting a stop to it on my pool and not going to be forced to change the payout system just because of a few people who want to cheat and make a quick buck off the work of others.  

As for the 100 people mining that you call inexperienced, maybe take a closer look.  There are a lot of miners with multiple rigs, I don't think I'd call them inexperienced.  

I'm really tired of arguing this with you and everyone else.  I'm done with this subject.  Bottom line, pool hoppers are not welcome, everyone gets paid, hackers are no longer an issue, I've never cheated, stole, or scammed from anyone.  So you can STFU now and move on.

Pool hoppers using bots to jump on new, small pools using a bot the instant they hit a block is cheating, plain and simple.

Not paying users for submitted hash is theft, plain and simple. And your attitude in this thread  says all that needs to be
said about your immaturity and lack of ethics.

Call me what you want, but the pool hoppers have suddenly vanished.  Shocking.  I'm running a prop server and no pool hoppers.

As for the comments about me stealing the hacked reward blocks.  Ugh.  Just go back and track the transactions instead of making stupid accusations.  

No one has bashed us in like 2 days.  Maybe because everyone is getting paid and the server is secure.  

That was fun, a couple guys bought a big bunch of nicehash power for a couple hours last night.  Ended up finding 4 blocks in about 2 hours.  They doubled their money, so it worked out for everyone.  Even hit one block at 10%.  The pool is going great.

You opened your mouth too soon... For a couple of hours you say.... but by your definition of cheaters that you have said that is them right there yet you pay them out + you say everyone is getting paid, so how does that relate to pool hoppers if they are part of the "everyone"

You're something else man Roll Eyes
eagleye

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 12:49:57 PM

you should change your main page.    I don't see a problem with pool hopping with large hash power.  in the end long term miners receive steady income and pool hoppers with large hash power help the pool solve blocks quicker.  rental power is the same as pool hopping but in huge massive numbers.  maybe your main page should be changed to remove that statement and since the major block hits I would think you'd be caught up by now on payments with greater than 0.05. 

If you had large pool hoppers, you may find your pool jump to greater than 100GH and blocks found daily which benefits everyone.  This weekend nicehash episode proves that rental and pool hopping is a good thing and helps all in the pool.

Get some more useful information on the main page.  The main page does lead to a negative vibe.
noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 03:42:13 PM

How about I recommend you get a life and stop worrying about my business.  Legit miners get paid, cheaters will not.  Look it up, everyone who isn't a pool hopper sees it as cheating the system.  Prop works best for part time miners, noobs, people who don't run 24/7 mining rigs.  So changing up the system to pplns so that pool hoppers don't profit will hurt those that the pool caters to the most.  So I give a fair warning to pool hoppers.  You will not profit using noobpool, it's for real miners, not people trying to cheat the system.

If you don't like it Chiefsmith, don't mine there, it's pretty simple.  If other people think it's shady practice or don't like it for whatever reason, they don't have to mine there either.  PPLNS isn't the only way to stop pool hoppers.  

As for the 100 people mining that you call inexperienced, maybe take a closer look.  There are a lot of miners with multiple rigs, I don't think I'd call them inexperienced.  

I'm really tired of arguing this with you and everyone else.  I'm done with this subject.  Bottom line, pool hoppers are not welcome, everyone gets paid, hackers are no longer an issue, I've never cheated, stole, or scammed from anyone.  So you can STFU now and move on.

Pool hoppers using bots to jump on new, small pools using a bot the instant they hit a block is cheating, plain and simple.

Not paying users for submitted hash is theft, plain and simple. And your attitude in this thread  says all that needs to be
said about your immaturity and lack of ethics.

Call me what you want, but the pool hoppers have suddenly vanished.  Shocking.  I'm running a prop server and no pool hoppers.

As for the comments about me stealing the hacked reward blocks.  Ugh.  Just go back and track the transactions instead of making stupid accusations.  

That was fun, a couple guys bought a big bunch of nicehash power for a couple hours last night.  Ended up finding 4 blocks in about 2 hours.  They doubled their money, so it worked out for everyone.  Even hit one block at 10%.  The pool is going great.

You opened your mouth too soon... For a couple of hours you say.... but by your definition of cheaters that you have said that is them right there yet you pay them out + you say everyone is getting paid, so how does that relate to pool hoppers if they are part of the "everyone"

You're something else man Roll Eyes

You sure talk a lot of shit, but then again you can hide behind your computer to do it, so have fun.  I think I remember telling you to fuck off at one point and stay out of my business.  It's good advice.

noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 03:49:59 PM

you should change your main page.    I don't see a problem with pool hopping with large hash power.  in the end long term miners receive steady income and pool hoppers with large hash power help the pool solve blocks quicker.  rental power is the same as pool hopping but in huge massive numbers.  maybe your main page should be changed to remove that statement and since the major block hits I would think you'd be caught up by now on payments with greater than 0.05. 

If you had large pool hoppers, you may find your pool jump to greater than 100GH and blocks found daily which benefits everyone.  This weekend nicehash episode proves that rental and pool hopping is a good thing and helps all in the pool.

Get some more useful information on the main page.  The main page does lead to a negative vibe.

These guys were not pool hoppers, they were regular miners of the pool who wanted to boost it up for a few hours.  Mathematically pool hoppers cheat the system and it's just not going to be allowed.  There is no benefit to everyone if people jump in at the start of a block with 10X the hash power of the entire pool combined, take 90% of the block reward in a short period of time and jump to another pool to let everyone else spend the time to actually solve the block.  There are plenty of articles out that break down the math and show how it is a form of cheating.

I run an honest pool for honest miners.  Once the pool grows big enough, pool hoppers won't make enough of an impact to matter, then I won't bother with them.  But for now it is a problem.

What more information do you want on the main page.  There are links and step by step instructions on how to setup to mine, there is even a video to walk people through it.  It can't get any easier than that.  It's not the prettiest webpage, but it works.

eagleye

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 05:11:49 PM

that's fine.  the updated page just looks better.  even though it's simple.  it's ok.  doesn't look negative like before. 
noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 08:21:39 PM

that's fine.  the updated page just looks better.  even though it's simple.  it's ok.  doesn't look negative like before. 

And we are fully caught up from the loss from hackers.  No one lost anything except me.  Now when we find a block it gets credited to the miners and paid out, no more waiting for the next block.

One of our most loyal miners, Alfred was generous enough to help the pool out so we can continue to grow.  We have found around 20 blocks now since switching from our compromised wallet and adding all the extra security and have had no issues at all.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: