Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 07:04:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Do You Buy BTC?  (Read 8912 times)
JerryCurlzzz

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:03:23 AM

i usually wire some money to bitfinex to buy.
HarryT1923

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:11:24 AM

Localbitcoins
/thread

pretty much. although i have used coinbase before.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 09:20:04 AM

I do face to face trades, meeting people in real life.

Be careful when you do face to face trades. It is very dangerous. Try to it in most crowded area.

i wouldn't lay it on too thick -- people are buying/selling on localbitcoins legitimately all the time, every day. but yes, just meet in a Starbucks or something. i mean -- why would you meet anywhere NOT in public?

Even if you do in public with less crowded area, there is a chance of robbery. There was a post earlier telling that some people tried to get BTC by force, luckily he escaped from there. That  is why I told "most crowded area". Smiley Keep a distance from the person you buy or sell.
Kindly,
          Muhammed Zakir

Stery

Activity: 118
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:25:30 AM

You can try Coinbase and Localbitcoins
shogdite

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

LIR Dev. www.letitride.io

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:43:24 PM

Localbitcoins without doubt, easiest and most hassle-free way of buying BTC in my opinion. Heard decent reviews of coinbase but haven't tried them yet. I only trade with sellers with a lots of positive feedback, there are a few scammers on there but as long as you're careful you should be fine.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:53:50 PM

Localbitcoin is the way, but using the forum marketplace buying only from trusted users can be better sometimes in terms of price.
leex1528

Activity: 784

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:55:08 PM

Doesn't it depend where you live as well?  I think some countries are going to be a lot more easy to buy Bitcoins than other. 

I personally use Coinbase, it is fast, easy and seems pretty secure so far.  Sometimes the price is even different there so who knows what is the easiest
arcanum

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:09:20 PM

I used Localbitcoin, just try to not get scammed by low rep dudes.
PangPang

Activity: 499

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 03:17:15 PM

Be careful when you do face to face trades. It is very dangerous. Try to it in most crowded area.

i wouldn't lay it on too thick -- people are buying/selling on localbitcoins legitimately all the time, every day. but yes, just meet in a Starbucks or something. i mean -- why would you meet anywhere NOT in public?

Even if you do in public with less crowded area, there is a chance of robbery. There was a post earlier telling that some people tried to get BTC by force, luckily he escaped from there. That  is why I told "most crowded area". Smiley Keep a distance from the person you buy or sell.
Kindly,
          Muhammed Zakir

I believe you are talking about the thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=641160.0, and that person almost lost his phone.

Be careful out there if trading in person. Somebody just attempted to rob me of my phone after setting up a local trade.

I'm in a French city (not Paris) and somebody contacted me over localbitcoins for an in person trade.
He wanted to buy 500 euros worth of BTC.
We agreed to meet at a big open public square where there is a bar and lots of people milling around.
When we met up two people arrived and we started to talk about how the site works and how he can verify the transaction BTC.
I then whip out my phone and log in to my account stressing the whole time that I need extra passwords to release the funds. Then when I ask him for the moeny, one guy grabbed the phone while the other pulled out a tear gas canister and sprayed me. Luckily I had managed to grab back my phone and started to shout and swing a few punches and they ran off. I was glad that the place was quite full and people quickly helped me. I will be filing a police report but I'm not sure that it will do any good.

TLDR- Be careful when trading in person, criminals are starting to realise what bitcoin is about.

williamj2543

Activity: 588

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 03:21:20 PM

quickbt.com is great because you can buy it directly from your bank account, instantly. As long as you have an interac bank card, it will work. Usually takes less than an hour for the bitcoins to be in your wallet.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 04:02:57 PM

Even if you do in public with less crowded area, there is a chance of robbery. There was a post earlier telling that some people tried to get BTC by force, luckily he escaped from there. That  is why I told "most crowded area". Smiley Keep a distance from the person you buy or sell.
Kindly,
          Muhammed Zakir

I believe you are talking about the thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=641160.0, and that person almost lost his phone.

Be careful out there if trading in person. Somebody just attempted to rob me of my phone after setting up a local trade.

I'm in a French city (not Paris) and somebody contacted me over localbitcoins for an in person trade.
We agreed to meet at a big open public square where there is a bar and lots of people milling around.
When we met up two people arrived and we started to talk about how the site works and how he can verify the transaction BTC.
I then whip out my phone and log in to my account stressing the whole time that I need extra passwords to release the funds. Then when I ask him for the moeny, one guy grabbed the phone while the other pulled out a tear gas canister and sprayed me. Luckily I had managed to grab back my phone and started to shout and swing a few punches and they ran off. I was glad that the place was quite full and people quickly helped me. I will be filing a police report but I'm not sure that it will do any good.

TLDR- Be careful when trading in person, criminals are starting to realise what bitcoin is about.

To be honest, I forgot about the thread you gave, I was talking about another. Then it happened to 2 people. Check the rating of the Seller in Localbitcoins before you buy. You may thing it is pretty easy but it isn't. Sometimes it may cost you your life.
Kindly,
     MZ

redHeadBlunder

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:13:53 PM

I use localbitcoins because there is no verification process, and I can buy bitcoin fast and easy with cash. Smiley
the only bad thing about LBC is that a lot of the time the other person doesn't show up
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 04:18:31 PM

I use localbitcoins because there is no verification process, and I can buy bitcoin fast and easy with cash. Smiley
the only bad thing about LBC is that a lot of the time the other person doesn't show up

There active persons on localbitcoins. I think you didn't check correctly. Smiley
Kindly,
      MZ

Minnlo

Activity: 868

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:22:15 PM

Even if you do in public with less crowded area, there is a chance of robbery. There was a post earlier telling that some people tried to get BTC by force, luckily he escaped from there. That  is why I told "most crowded area". Smiley Keep a distance from the person you buy or sell.
Kindly,
          Muhammed Zakir

To be honest, I forgot about the thread you gave, I was talking about another. Then it happened to 2 people. Check the rating of the Seller in Localbitcoins before you buy. You may thing it is pretty easy but it isn't. Sometimes it may cost you your life.
Kindly,
     MZ

Wow, that is pretty scary to be honest...I should get a friend to go with me next time when I do a face-to-face trade.

Galio

Activity: 55

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:25:01 PM

I got my btc from a friend who just happens to be a miner.
Fakhoury
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Permabull Bitcoin Investor

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:14:58 PM

Use trusted exchange websites like wm-center and 24pay.me

or localbitcoins

Quote from:  Satoshi Nakamoto
Feb. 14, 2010: I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume.
feryjhie

Activity: 882
Merit: 595

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:13:02 PM

because i'm from indonesia i'm usually use vip.bitcoin.co.id to buy or sell BTC
sintax

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:29:26 AM

Btc-e is a decent exchange for buying bitcoin and other alt currencies, failing that localbitcoins is a sure bet.
srt1234

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:48:02 AM

Two ways:

1. I mine altcoins (mostly ltc), then transfer it to btc-e and convert it to btc.
2. Coinbase
shogdite

Activity: 798

LIR Dev. www.letitride.io

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:42:01 AM

One easy way I've used is debit card >> becharge >> UKash >> Btc-e >> BTC

Probably not the cheapest method (when you add in fees) but still fairly straight forward.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄