Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:20:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ABOUT YAC AND JKC  (Read 2057 times)
e777 (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:14:16 AM

I think the two currency will be on  trading platform soon. Smiley

LTC:LZ65nep6TNv4KQpqqQJ6XFoPaBJeTHhW3K
Nolo

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:16:41 AM

I think the two currency will be on  trading platform soon. Smiley

Any other thoughts you'd like to share?  What are your thoughts on the current Israel-Syria conflict?  What do you think about the Jodie Arias verdict?  WTF is this?   

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 08:16:59 AM

Both have stupid names. But then again I guess BBQCoin did too, and it got on an exchange. Altcoins are a funny business  Cheesy

My vote goes towards RoyalCoin.

e777 (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:26:41 AM

Both have stupid names. But then again I guess BBQCoin did too, and it got on an exchange. Altcoins are a funny business  Cheesy

My vote goes towards RoyalCoin.

BBQCoin no longer suitable for mining,RoyalCoin may be should wait some time.

xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:30:09 AM

YaCoin is different than the other coins because the intial coins were mined by millions of normal people with CPUs.  Thus, there's already a lot of stakeholders.

As soon as YaCoin is able to be mined with GPUs there will be another wave of stake holders.

This is different than any other altcoin so far.

For this reason I think YaCoin will be valued much higher on the exchanges.  Obviously it will go to an exchange.

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
e777 (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:32:55 AM

Agree Smiley

caish5

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 08:33:06 AM

YaCoin is different than the other coins because the intial coins were mined by millions of normal people with CPUs.  Thus, there's already a lot of stakeholders.

As soon as YaCoin is able to be mined with GPUs there will be another wave of stake holders.

For this reason I think YaCoin will be valued much higher on the exchanges.  Obviously it will go to an exchange.
Or few hundred smart enough to rent amazon clusters.
People like me!

Bitvolcano YAC, BBQ and WDC P2Pools at http://bitvolcano.com
pocopoco

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:35:47 AM

I will comment the GPU issue here. Yes, it is possible to develop OpenCl or cuda miner for scrypt(N, 1, 1). But the CPU / GPU hashrate difference will be less than 10 times and will decrease over time. So GPU's contribution into miner's total hashrate (even in case somebody will implement this) will be like one or two additional CPU cores. This is because scrypt will need more and more fast random access memory with N increased.
LOG123

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 11:07:05 AM

xibeijan
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 11:37:50 AM

I will comment the GPU issue here. Yes, it is possible to develop OpenCl or cuda miner for scrypt(N, 1, 1). But the CPU / GPU hashrate difference will be less than 10 times and will decrease over time. So GPU's contribution into miner's total hashrate (even in case somebody will implement this) will be like one or two additional CPU cores. This is because scrypt will need more and more fast random access memory with N increased.

You are obviously a genius.  Based on what you've just said, it sound like YaCoin will be far superior to bitcoin.

I will therefore revise my YaCoin outlook from bullish to mega bullish!  Well done.

A couple more questions:

1) Do you have any plans for an official website and bounties for merchants to start accepting YaCoin?

2) Can comment about the amazingly fast confirmation speeds, especially w.r.t. security and double spend?  I was pleasantly surprised how swiftly YaCoin transactions are processed.  It really makes a huge difference.  In the long-term, I can see YaCoin's fast transactions being a serious advantage for this crypto currency.

3) Finally, there is a very professional looking logo drifting around.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=196196.msg2084974#msg2084974    Have you seen it?  Will you adopt it?

Thanks for all your great work.

e777 (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 11:43:00 AM

A few days later, there will be some different.

zhaojundong

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 11:51:46 AM

i think YAC is cool
CPU mining protect more normal person can join the currency
e777 (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 11:54:11 AM

JAC is aslo cool ,i like special blocks.

bitdwarf

Activity: 406

The cryptocoin watcher

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:00:55 PM

Feels that its about time for people to get tired of new alt coin every day. Its almost like all these garbage coins are having their own mini bubble and about to collapse hard, all it takes it for one new coin to fail completly - almost no miners at all, no thread responses, nothing.

Welp, when a GPU crypto runs out of hype miners point their rigs to one of the other ~12 similar cryptos.

Where are they going to point their CPUs to, tho? Grin

𝖄𝖆𝖈: YF3feU4PNLHrjwa1zV63BcCdWVk5z6DAh5 · 𝕭𝖙𝖈: 12F78M4oaNmyGE5C25ZixarG2Nk6UBEqme
Ɏ: "the altcoin for the everyman, where the sweat on one's brow can be used to cool one's overheating CPU" -- theprofileth
xibeijan
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:01:25 PM

Oh, and one more question.

Does YaCoin also implement long-term power efficiency like ppCoin?  I thought I heard something about it supporting PoS as well as PoW.  If so, can you explain how PoS works and if there's PoS mining, then how do we enable this?

Thanks.

xibeijan
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:02:19 PM

Feels that its about time for people to get tired of new alt coin every day. Its almost like all these garbage coins are having their own mini bubble and about to collapse hard, all it takes it for one new coin to fail completly - almost no miners at all, no thread responses, nothing.

Noone even tries to create something new anymore, just slap the new name/logo and create the new [ann] thread  Cool

YaCoin is quite new and innovative.  It's the only coin to really solve the GPU problem and, thus, level the playing field.

xibeijan
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:03:12 PM

i think YAC is cool
CPU mining protect more normal person can join the currency

+1 for that.  100% agreed.

bushstar

Activity: 617
Merit: 531

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:37:42 PM

Or few hundred smart enough to rent amazon clusters.
People like me!

Attention should be paid to the above comment. It occurred to me when people started complaining about the difficulty to mine coins on their decent CPUs, that there would be a few who would be setting up CPU farms which is easier than ever to do in this modern age.

Personally I think YAC is excellent as it has made an attempt to keep the GPU miners at bay and therefore allows more people to join in coin generation. How this pans out over time is another matter that I am keenly watching.

bitdwarf

Activity: 406

The cryptocoin watcher

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:43:47 PM

Oh, and one more question.

Does YaCoin also implement long-term power efficiency like ppCoin?  I thought I heard something about it supporting PoS as well as PoW.  If so, can you explain how PoS works and if there's PoS mining, then how do we enable this?

Thanks.

Yes, YACoin has NovaCoin's fork of PPCoin's PoS. I'm really tempted to hold all my YACs and trade only the coins from PoS.

𝖄𝖆𝖈: YF3feU4PNLHrjwa1zV63BcCdWVk5z6DAh5 · 𝕭𝖙𝖈: 12F78M4oaNmyGE5C25ZixarG2Nk6UBEqme
Ɏ: "the altcoin for the everyman, where the sweat on one's brow can be used to cool one's overheating CPU" -- theprofileth
e521

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:55:09 PM

1:10 or 1:1.25? Ratios are quire different..

Also considering:

- people already invested big money on GPUs
- you only need 1 miner [mobo+cpu+ram+psu] for 4-6 GPUs

GPU mining will still be more convenient

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: