Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:18:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Not Yet Legal But Not Banned  (Read 32001 times)
icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:48:19 AM

Yes this is happening in my country where bitcoin is not yet legal but not banned, my country's government allows using bitcoin but with caution. It is difficult to regulate bitcoin because bitcoin is so independent, it will take time for the government to study bitcoin. But sooner or later bitcoin will most likely be used and the government will legalize bitcoin.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:48:10 AM

To be honest, I don't really care if it is legal or illegal in my country as long as I can have all the access to use and transact it anywhere online. The only issue with declaring it illegal is the incapability of users to access and use it in their country.
No country could ban the entire network, but to purchase bitcoin you need to invest fiat currency and if the government bans using fiat currency to purchase the coins, then it will be difficult and to counter that we need more front end business where we are able to purchase things and make use of the coin either way, hope we will have a healthy market in the future.
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:22:54 PM

Yes, this year more and more countries will consider issues of legalization of the crypto currency, and along with this, along with its taxation. Therefore, the absence of a certain status of bitcoin and other crypto-currencies simultaneously means the absence of taxation. Therefore, in the future, we will be able to recall this golden time, when we could freely perform any actions with the crypto currency, without fear that this action will be taxed.

ahiaba.john@yahoo.com

Activity: 365
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:34:42 PM

So far my home country is not against the uses or transacting with bitcoin and so  it remain legal in my country. Some countries in the world may have said many things against bitcoin but all these is temporary because they would all joint to accept it sooner or later.

cotton ball

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:18:02 AM

So far my home country is not against the uses or transacting with bitcoin and so  it remain legal in my country. Some countries in the world may have said many things against bitcoin but all these is temporary because they would all joint to accept it sooner or later.

the state does not prohibit because it is very aware of the potential of this technology will reduce the level of transactions and reduction systems that can streamline the state budget. I strongly believe that even the countries that have banned the bitcoin frontally in the end are the first countries to finally issue crypto rules

they forbid because they can not block the crypto that goes in very quickly and have not been able to regulate it, they are too scared that they decided to strictly and even seem to close the way first until all the wisdom is ready for use.
Edraket31

Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 02:26:57 PM

the state does not prohibit because it is very aware of the potential of this technology will reduce the level of transactions and reduction systems that can streamline the state budget. I strongly believe that even the countries that have banned the bitcoin frontally in the end are the first countries to finally issue crypto rules

they forbid because they can not block the crypto that goes in very quickly and have not been able to regulate it, they are too scared that they decided to strictly and even seem to close the way first until all the wisdom is ready for use.
Actually here in our country too after all deliberations in the senate and in the central bank they finally found the opportunity in cryptocurrency that is why they insist to teach bitcoin and trading in the market so it would be a great help in our country.

Jon lang

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 07:44:01 PM

As of the moment, I, too, am enjoying the privilege of living in a country where bitcoin is not yet legal but also not banned. It is not also being regulated and no taxes to be paid. It is nice because we have nothing to worry about. Although, the government especially the finance sector of the country such as the banks are getting worried especially that as bitcoin becomes popular, it is also being targeted and is being used and associated with scammers and scamming.
DeadCoin

Activity: 1246
Merit: 261

★ Investor | Trader | Promoter

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 07:48:35 PM

Many countries seem to have a hard time defining and regulating Bitcoin. The current legal framework is not enough to deal with cryptocurrency revolution, thus most countries still have not considered Bitcoin to be an additional legal tender just like the function of their central bank issued fiat money.

However, the Bitcoin revolution is fast reaching the nooks and crannies of many countries all over the world, what with the use of the modern gadgets and the internet. Sooner or later, financial authorities have to come up with the necessary framework with which cryptocurrency can work with.

For now, let us just enjoy the "not yet legal but not banned" status which can anyway fine with me so I can still avoid paying taxes. 

Right. This is time to nourish the journey with crypto currencies ,especially bitcoin. I live where it not yet announced to be legal or illegal. But recently the major authority announced its entities not to deal with cryto which is really annoying. When authority do not really understand what crypto is, it really makes us to see how bad and behind the authority is when their citizens are so far ahead with the current generation's move. Country should be lead by an educated, there were changes would occur.
quality.crypto

Activity: 854
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 08:00:45 AM

As a crypto lover, I won't bother about whether it is legal or not legal. In future bitcoin is going to be legal tender in many countries, so investment is always good to search and find different possibilities about the crypto.
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:00:26 PM

To be honest, I don't really care if it is legal or illegal in my country as long as I can have all the access to use and transact it anywhere online. The only issue with declaring it illegal is the incapability of users to access and use it in their country.
No country could ban the entire network, but to purchase bitcoin you need to invest fiat currency and if the government bans using fiat currency to purchase the coins, then it will be difficult and to counter that we need more front end business where we are able to purchase things and make use of the coin either way, hope we will have a healthy market in the future.

Yeah, I agree with you that government can directly go the route where it prohibits the buying, selling, and conversion of any crypto coins to a fiat. That time, it will be very troublesome as you live each day wondering how you are going to get away with that and how you are going to encash or how you are going to buy for a bitcoin.
King Koy

Activity: 160
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:23:49 PM

For me it is also fine that the situation of bitcoin in our country is not yet legalize but not yet illegal at the Same time, the situation is something that can not consider as bad but something good. Meaning the government sees the importance of cryptocurrency on how it's helping the community and this stands as the big reason to put it into consideration. So now I am rejoicing the present success of bitcoin in our country.
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:25:20 PM

I think the current status of indefinition has been very beneficial for us up to now, but it is evident that this will not remain forever like this and very soon we will see a more intensive regulation.

But everything seems to indicate that despite this regulatory trend, there will still be enough space for anonymity and decentralization in the cryptouniverse, which can mean a more harmonious coexistence between government authorities and crypto-enthusiasts.
Btc_1856

Activity: 1540
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:53:23 AM

I think the current status of indefinition has been very beneficial for us up to now, but it is evident that this will not remain forever like this and very soon we will see a more intensive regulation.

But everything seems to indicate that despite this regulatory trend, there will still be enough space for anonymity and decentralization in the crypto universe, which can mean a more harmonious coexistence between government authorities and crypto-enthusiasts.

Yes, it is possible to regulate but government closely watching what are the measures they are going to. As of now, it is not legalised but still, there are possible chance to make most but they will announce about the Bitcoin what government thinking.

cryptojac17

Activity: 490
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:19:10 PM

But everything seems to indicate that despite this regulatory trend, there will still be enough space for anonymity and decentralization in the crypto universe, which can mean a more harmonious coexistence between government authorities and crypto-enthusiasts.

Yes, it is possible to regulate but government closely watching what are the measures they are going to. As of now, it is not legalised but still, there are possible chance to make most but they will announce about the Bitcoin what government thinking.
Ina democratic country were  there's a free inter price people are free to do business as long it is not being use in criminals activities, but  they will  just put measures to insure the welfare of their citizens.

Argoo

Activity: 2268
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 05:32:36 PM

In countries where the circulation of the crypto currency is not regulated and taxation is not established on it, we sometimes have a lot of freedom of action and lack of taxation, despite the fact that sometimes it is very difficult to protect its rights to the crypto currency due to the lack of its regulation in the country. However, lack of control, including taxation, gives many advantages. Well, if in the future regulation will be very loyal, such as in Germany or Japan, but if such, as now in Poland, then there is a lot of additional problems. Therefore, it is really necessary to enjoy the time while the crypto currency in the country of your residence is not yet settled. In the future, because everything can be.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
KorakPawon

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:40:45 AM

which I know, for some countries that allow bitcoin to enter as a legitimate means of payment in their country, but for a country that does banning it, it usually really prohibits bitcoin as a means of payment, but does not forbid to invest. but I also do not know whether the future is precisely the state that prohibits can allow bitcoin as a means of payment or not.
bitcoindian

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 10:54:10 AM

See government don't have full control over the technology that's why they are in a dilemma whether to legalize or ban them. Until they take the decision we are free to trade the cryptocurrency without any problem, but my government are showing some interest towards cryptocurrency.
Grossmann Jr.

Activity: 40

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 02:39:36 PM

Post was created in July, but situation haven't changed much since. We still have poor regulation and uncertainty, hope things will be better at the end of the year
raiazam

Activity: 8
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 05:58:15 PM

Some countries like Pakistan and India still public is not aware either Bitcoin are legal or illegal.
which I know, for some countries that allow bitcoin to enter as a legitimate means of payment in their country, but for a country that does banning it, it usually really prohibits bitcoin as a means of payment, but does not forbid to invest. but I also do not know whether the future is precisely the state that prohibits can allow bitcoin as a means of payment or not.
PropertyClub
Copper Member

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 05:41:17 AM

Right now everyone's talking about the ICO scams and potential SEC crackdown in the US, but there are also other important questions for example if the SEC considers all tokens to be securities wouldn't it technically be illegal for any token holder to sell their tokens/coins to another person. I'm not too sure of the answer, but I know that investors in startups that are not publicly traded cannot typically resell their stock (or would have to jump through many hoops to do so). This is why regulating crypto and alt coins is going to prove very tricky.

PropertyClub is New York City's premier blockchain based real estate marketplace. Earn cash or crypto rewards while searching for, renting or buying your next home. Visit propertyclub.nyc for more info!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: