Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:36:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA manual claims tracker (UNOFFICIAL)  (Read 33960 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
chilly9876

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 09:20:46 AM

To be honest I have invested in IOTA based on the tech. Had I seen before-hand a petty argument over tokens and senior members of the company swearing, I would have thought twice.

Jincor
Genuinely simple smart contracts and cryptocurrency transactions for any business
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Whitepaper FacebookTwitterTelegramLinkedin
Jincor ICO 15th of November, 2017[/center

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 09:31:56 AM

To be honest I have invested in IOTA based on the tech. Had I seen before-hand a petty argument over tokens and senior members of the company swearing, I would have thought twice.

Just sell your iotas and the problem is solved?
chilly9876

Activity: 246

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 10:11:44 AM

Or here's a better idea. Sort your attitude out, act a bit more professional and everyone's problem is solved.

Jincor
Genuinely simple smart contracts and cryptocurrency transactions for any business
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Whitepaper FacebookTwitterTelegramLinkedin
Jincor ICO 15th of November, 2017[/center
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 10:18:14 AM

Or here's a better idea. Sort your attitude out, act a bit more professional and everyone's problem is solved.

No reason, BitcoinTalk is not representative at all. Your opinion is probably an exception from the rule.
s2

Activity: 198
Merit: 123

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 10:20:45 AM

Looking forward to hearing people sharing their erased IOTA balances get restored by David @iota...  I've only seen one person state they received their money.  

I really want them to show the world they are trustworthy...  seems a great outcome for everyone if they can.

bcsuisse

Activity: 191

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 10:45:38 AM

well said ! 100% agree !

Bitrated user: kentokyo.
iotatoken

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 12:16:55 PM

Not too late to sell. Also IOTA Is a non-profit open source project, not a company. I absolutely love this argument: "If I had seen someone use 'bad words' it would have affected my decision" haha, love SJW snowflakes.

luey

Activity: 121

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 04:06:32 PM

The reclaiming period is over. Unfortunately, Jean-Luc abused the advantage given by his anonymity. Unlike thousands of trolls on this forum his words can harm the reputation of IOTA, he offered to solve the issue of the reclaims via legal mechanisms. To play on the same level IOTA team needs his legal identity. If he doesn't provide the identity voluntary doing a rigorous KYC procedure for the all the claimants is the only way to narrow the search down. I'm preparing a suggestion which will be handed over to David. To complete it I need answers to the following questions:

- Is Jean-Luc willing to disclose his identity (not publicly)?
- Is anyone having problem with doing a videocall with me (an ID and a proof of physical address like utility bills should be prepared in advance)?

Guys, validate your identity with iota, it's not like they are going to share your identities publicly (unless legally have to, might be the case with Jean-Luc). If you chose to sue iota you'll end up having to ID yourselves anyway, so save some troubles, just do it and claim your tokens.

John_Paul

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:21:45 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2017, 06:00:39 PM by John_Paul

To some people:

If you can't stop posting your arguments here you should not ask CfB and David to stop posting their arguements. If you want them not to spend more time here, the best way you can achieve it is to stop arguing with them here.

You can't stop arguing because you need to satisfy your psychological needs while you demand CfB and David not to satisfy their needs.  It is like that you are asking CfB and David to deliver hundreds times of RoI and also to deliver it in the way you want them to deliver. Is that possible? If you really know the right way to deliver, why don't you deliver?
Krypt
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1096

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 08:04:39 PM

Not too late to sell. Also IOTA Is a non-profit open source project, not a company. ...
It's a lie again:
David
I won't even read this, you have made it clear that you are not happy with your purchase from our legally registered company. As CEO of said company I have made the decision to resolve this issue by refunding your iotas and send you your original btc in return.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 08:21:23 PM

It's a lie again:
David
I won't even read this, you have made it clear that you are not happy with your purchase from our legally registered company. As CEO of said company I have made the decision to resolve this issue by refunding your iotas and send you your original btc in return.

You confuse something, or your English is not very good.
iota_supporter

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:18:03 PM

Damn, this communication and attitute of the leaders and devs is very chilling. I still have confidence in the technological aspects but the leadership worries me a lot.
This will harm the project long term and I am concinced it already has. You should hold back your huge egos and calm your temper on public communication.
Those people have reasonable claims and should be treated accordingly. It is understanable that as it takes longer and longer, their patience shrinks which ultimatly results in anger.
Don't respond with anger and arrogance, better find acceptable solutions. Be open to critique, also and especially in this case when it refers to your personalities. Absorb, reflect and grow with it.
It will pay out long term, for your characters and the prosperity of the IOTA project. I'm still supporting and hope it will remain so along the journey Smiley
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:20:56 PM

Damn, this communication and attitute of the leaders and devs is very chilling. I still have confidence in the technological aspects but the leadership worries me a lot.
This will harm the project long term and I am concinced it already has. You should hold back your huge egos and calm your temper on public communication.
Those people have reasonable claims and should be treated accordingly. It is understanable that as it takes longer and longer, their patience shrinks which ultimatly results in anger.
Don't respond with anger and arrogance, better find acceptable solutions. Be open to critique, also and especially in this case when it refers to your personalities. Absorb, reflect and grow with it.
It will pay out long term, for your characters and the prosperity of the IOTA project. I'm still supporting and hope it will remain so along the journey Smiley

Those people will get their iotas in due time after passing KYC procedure, no need to worry. Regarding attitude, most of those who posted here are trolls and they got attitude they deserve.
iotatoken

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:44:22 PM

How did this meme get started?

Here are the dry indisputable facts:

1) Everyone had the opportunity to auto-claim, meaning this would not have been an issue at all.

2) People insult and accuse us of scamming them for simply being too busy to prioritize what is ultimately a result of their own laziness / negligence.

3) Most of the current (15 or so) manual claimants FAILED to follow the manual claims instructions, therefore it takes a lot longer. We are busy 24/7, lazy people who contribute absolutely nothing is not our priority, but they have already been provided assurance they will get their iotas.

4) We have given them a fairytale ROI, yet they show absolutely no respect whatsoever.

Do you think that somehow because we are the leaders and devs we should just shut up and take it? And please don't come with the naive and stupid: "just rise above it", you can't just "rise above" fallicious claims and accusations of scam.

This has nothing to do with egos, just basic common sense and common decency, which these idiots lack

iota_supporter

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:51:35 PM

Does not matter if troll or not. Imagine a random CEO of any well known company stating publicly to an upset costumer / troll "FUCK YOU and all of your kinds". This would be the end of his / her career. You are no drugged rockstars, you are (getting) public figures now which represent a "business" with hundreds of millions at stake. Better act accordingly, just my few cents.
iotatoken

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:55:12 PM

Does not matter if troll or not. Imagine a random CEO of any well known company stating publicly to an upset costumer / troll "FUCK YOU and all of your kinds". This would be the end of his / her career. You are no drugged rockstars, you are (getting) public figures now which represent a "business" with hundreds of millions at stake. Better act accordingly, just my few cents.

This seems to be quite a prevalent but utterly false view of reality. I just can't get past how you feel entitled to be in any position to tell us how to act. I could be a pretentious asshole and simply say "you are all beneath me, you haven't achieved anything in life in comparison", but I don't. I engage you like I would anyone else. Also, IOTA is not a company, it's an open source project like Linux.

Heard of the guy behind Linux, Linus Torvalds?

Our 'controversial statements' pale in comparison, enjoy: https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Linus_Torvalds

iota_supporter

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:58:33 PM

How did this meme get started?

Here are the dry indisputable facts:

1) Everyone had the opportunity to auto-claim, meaning this would not have been an issue at all.

2) People insult and accuse us of scamming them for simply being too busy to prioritize what is ultimately a result of their own laziness / negligence.

3) Most of the current (15 or so) manual claimants FAILED to follow the manual claims instructions, therefore it takes a lot longer. We are busy 24/7, lazy people who contribute absolutely nothing is not our priority, but they have already been provided assurance they will get their iotas.

4) We have given them a fairytale ROI, yet they show absolutely no respect whatsoever.

Do you think that somehow because we are the leaders and devs we should just shut up and take it? And please don't come with the naive and stupid: "just rise above it", you can't just "rise above" fallicious claims and accusations of scam.

This has nothing to do with egos, just basic common sense and common decency, which these idiots lack

I don't doubt you are right what you say, just the way you communicate is a bit over the top. And yes you can "rise above it". Just don't take it too personal. I can understand your feelings as I also run a project. It is hard to deal with trolls and false statements, but it is crucial to stay calm. Otherwise you are not taken as a professional.
iota_supporter

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 06:05:59 PM

This seems to be quite a prevalent but utterly false view of reality. I just can't get past how you feel entitled to be in any position to tell us how to act. I could be a pretentious asshole and simply say "you are all beneath me, you haven't achieved anything in life in comparison", but I don't. I engage you like I would anyone else. Also, IOTA is not a company, it's an open source project like Linux.

Our 'controversial statements' pale in comparison, enjoy: https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Linus_Torvalds

This is what I mean. You always get into a very defensive position when someone critises your public behaviour. As those opinions rise about this communictation problem, independently there has to be something about it, don't you think?

BTW: Linus Torvalds is an asshole and he lost a lot of supporters because of it, be better than Linus..
iotatoken

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 06:12:33 PM

This is what I mean. You always get into a very defensive position when someone critises your public behaviour. As those opinions rise about this communictation problem, independently there has to be something about it, don't you think?

BTW: Linus Torvalds is an asshole and he lost a lot of supporters because of it, be better than Linus..

No, not at all. Would you prefer we treat people like peasants and only communicate with the community through pre-filtered artificial statements? That is a VERY naive understanding of what 'professional' is, nor is it conducive to fostering a open community. The fact that the founders and devs are available to the community is something much more valuable than us speaking through a communications executive.

I realize that you mean no ill, but believe it or not you come off as incredibly arrogant when you presume to know how we should behave. Maybe it would be better to look at the empirical evidence I.E. the results of our work and behaviour, and accept that reality isn't as you have imagined it. Let results speak for themselves.

We often get complimented by people in large organizations for being so upfront and blunt with trolls in fact, it's something we've had laughs about in meetings and conference calls more times than I can even count. The world isnt' as black/white as you seem to believe.

iota_supporter

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 06:58:45 PM

No, not at all. Would you prefer we treat people like peasants and only communicate with the community through pre-filtered artificial statements? That is a VERY naive understanding of what 'professional' is, nor is it conducive to fostering a open community. The fact that the founders and devs are available to the community is something much more valuable than us speaking through a communications executive.

I realize that you mean no ill, but believe it or not you come off as incredibly arrogant when you presume to know how we should behave. Maybe it would be better to look at the empirical evidence I.E. the results of our work and behaviour, and accept that reality isn't as you have imagined it. Let results speak for themselves.

We often get complimented by people in large organizations for being so upfront and blunt with trolls in fact, it's something we've had laughs about in meetings and conference calls more times than I can even count. The world isnt' as black/white as you seem to believe.

No, your community-driven approach is good but there is much potential for improvement. The problem is, you don't see the problems and the need for improvement. And you are right, I mean no harm, quiet the opposite, my intention is to be constructive and a mirror of the public perception. Your arguments indicate you think everything is very fine, you do everything right. This is arrogance. Don't stamp every critique instantly as MEME, troll, FUD. It's easy to do so, it's out of the mind quickly. But this way you lose the ability to absorb real feedback and reflect on it. I know I sound patronizing now, maybe I am. I said what I think and I know I am not alone. Use it or not, it's your decision. I wish you best of luck on your way!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: