Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:44:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you tech me please, What is ICO?  (Read 2577 times)
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:44:10 PM

Hello, everyone. I have some knowledge about ICO. But I want to know everything about ICO. Will you please teach me What is ICO? I don't want to know the Full meaning of ICO. I want to know details of ICO.

Advanced Thanks a lot, all of you who will comment here Cool
Quiet odd for a Senior Member to ask about on what is ICO but well I would answer you.. ICO (Initial Coin Offering) is one of the ways of the devs on scamming people  Grin This sounds funny but this is the reality because having ICO would really make them money and some of them end up on scamming people. This ICO works as a crowdfunding on a certain project.

That is really sad of you for diluting the idea like ICO in the pool of scam! For me ICO is one of the best form of crowdfunding. No doubt company is always the one that makes most profit from ICO but still investors can get huge returns if they choose right project.
Unlike IPOs where investors get stake in company's capital, ICOs enable investors with cryptocurrency which become separate entity from company once ICO ends and gets its value from market demand/supply. However, company indirectly affects the coin value even after ICO and if company's project integrates coin, it may raise future value as well as demand of coin.

Too much negativity was spread because of those ICO based tokens that end up being a scamcoin. We cant stop those but still they are good companies that uses it for a better crypto currency.
We have to remember not all of us here can start a business because it takes a lot of capital and they somehow find a way here using the ICO style which is good. The investor will be the one taking the risk so it is up to them on how they will understand the tokens that will be starting using the ICO way. No scam here, just idiot investors who didn't go deeper into having knowledge about the coin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
garmerys

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 08:08:00 AM

ICO stands for Initial Coin Offering. An unregulated means by which funds are raised for a new cryptocurrency venture. An Initial Coin Offering (ICO) is used by startups to bypass the rigorous and regulated capital-raising process required by venture capitalists or banks
BitcoinExpart

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 09:18:55 AM

ICO or Initial Coin Offering is involved with high risk. A system which through developers or group of people collect fund among the interested investors. You should research that specific project before involved.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄▄
▄████▀▀            ▀▀████▄
▄███▀                    ▀███▄
███▀       █████            ▀███
███         █████              ███
███        ▄▄█████    ▄█████▀    ███
██        ▄███████  ▄█████▀       ██
███       ▄████████▄█████▀         ███
███       ▀▀▀▀██████████           ███
███      ▄▄▄▄▄███████████          ███
███     ▄███████████▀█████         ███
██    ▄███████████▀  █████        ██
███   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████    █████      ███
███         █████     █████    ███
███▄                        ▄███
▀███▄                    ▄███▀
▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
KRYLL
                ███
                ███
                ███
        ███  ███
        ███  ███
        ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
AUTOMATED CRYPTO TRADING STRATEGIES MADE SIMPLE
▁▁         Whitepaper   █   Token sale will start on Feb 7, 2018   █   Announcement         ▁▁

███
███
███  ███
███  ███
███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
phr0stbyt3

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 10:06:45 AM

ICO is same as issuing shares but it is not regulated. What i mean is a company first has to take the permission from atock market regulation and they set a number of how many shares a company can issue in the case of ico as it isn't regulated companies can issue unlimited amount of coins and raise endless amount of funds if peoplenare willing to invest
Supreemo

Activity: 443
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 10:36:28 AM

Hello, everyone. I have some knowledge about ICO. But I want to know everything about ICO. Will you please teach me What is ICO? I don't want to know the Full meaning of ICO. I want to know details of ICO.

Quiet odd for a Senior Member to ask about on what is ICO but well I would answer you.. ICO (Initial Coin Offering) is one of the ways of the devs on scamming people  Grin This sounds funny but this is the reality because having ICO would really make them money and some of them end up on scamming people. This ICO works as a crowdfunding on a certain project.

That is really sad of you for diluting the idea like ICO in the pool of scam! For me ICO is one of the best form of crowdfunding. No doubt company is always the one that makes most profit from ICO but still investors can get huge returns if they choose right project.
Unlike IPOs where investors get stake in company's capital, ICOs enable investors with cryptocurrency which become separate entity from company once ICO ends and gets its value from market demand/supply. However, company indirectly affects the coin value even after ICO and if company's project integrates coin, it may raise future value as well as demand of coin.

Too much negativity was spread because of those ICO based tokens that end up being a scamcoin. We cant stop those but still they are good companies that uses it for a better crypto currency.
We have to remember not all of us here can start a business because it takes a lot of capital and they somehow find a way here using the ICO style which is good. The investor will be the one taking the risk so it is up to them on how they will understand the tokens that will be starting using the ICO way. No scam here, just idiot investors who didn't go deeper into having knowledge about the coin.
,it is sad to say that it is reality, when an investor risk their money to something like ICO and doesn't have any idea what is he joining or it would ended up being scam then the ones who will suffer is the investor. you need to be wiser if you are going to gamble or risk your money to invest into ICO, always check what are you going to enter or join.
Choyor

Activity: 672
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 11:17:33 AM

which I know ICO (Initial Coin Offering) is a fundraising effort to build Blockchain-related applications and implementations such as cryptocurrency, bitcoin, smart contract and smart ledger.ICO offers a number of tokens to investors commonly appreciated by Cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin. ICO can also be interpreted in its entirety to mean the earliest coin offerings prior to launch into the free market.
Nevis

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 11:30:25 AM

Ico simply means Initial coin offering,where a local group of people or company is making an new cryptocurrecy and finding investors and pay investors with the coin itself
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 05:25:47 PM

Based on my knowledge and idea about ICO, it is a crowdsale where a groups or organizations are raising a fund or offering a new cryptocurrency basically known as altcoin sometimes a token for a lower value which is often expected that the value will increase after the crowdsale .
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 06:25:42 PM

ICO-Initial Coin Offering is one of the best way to raise the funds for the new projects; this concept has been inspired by the stock markets IPO.

Check this for more information  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1451023.0
Apes

Activity: 1316
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 06:39:28 PM

it seems ico is a real project we already know ico collect the usual ETH we call to fund his project Before the target is implemented ico remain incentive to seek investors roughly like planting a stake in a field but there are also many project forgery in the ICO results in bad stamp by all circles
Jacko234

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 01:40:09 AM

ICO is a fundraising effort to build applications related to Blockchain and its implementations such as cryptocurrency, bitcoin, smart contract and smart ledger. ICO offers a number of tokens to investors that are usually valued by Cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin
thunderbitz2717

Activity: 594

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 08:37:01 AM

ICO is a strategy to scam people like when they ask you to send them your coins to double them, all are possible because of ETH and blockchains like it. there I just taught you in details but will you have enough or just going to get scammed or scam people after learning?

Not all ICO is not like what you think , In the  tune of your voice, sounds your very disappointed  in it. Most ICO are promoting their coins to this industry  and  socials media is one of the factor form them to  promote and gathered the community investors to their coins.
Armstand

Activity: 626

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 09:20:44 AM

ICO is a strategy to scam people like when they ask you to send them your coins to double them, all are possible because of ETH and blockchains like it. there I just taught you in details but will you have enough or just going to get scammed or scam people after learning?

Not all ICO is not like what you think , In the  tune of your voice, sounds your very disappointed  in it. Most ICO are promoting their coins to this industry  and  socials media is one of the factor form them to  promote and gathered the community investors to their coins.
ICO gives us chance to earn by promoting it. Simply by wearing there signature and follows them and social media helps us to earn, maybe they are some ICO that turns out to be a scammed but it's not all we should choose best scam in investing,take full research and investigations on how it can be successful.
mel1978

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 04:41:08 AM

For me, Initial Coin Offering or  ICO is an unregulated means by which funds are raised for a new cryptocurrency venture.  In an ICO campaign, a percentage of the cryptocurrency is sold to early backers of the project in exchange for legal tender or other cryptocurrencies, but usually for Bitcoin. Many people wants to have this Pre-launched coins because they save it with discount or for free.
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:42:40 AM

ICO stands for Initial Cash Offering, which is almost the same as IPO which means Initial Public Offering. Initial Cash Offering is a way in which new crypto currencies offer themselves to the public for a sale, during ICO’s the price is usually low
Tegin92

Activity: 51

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 07:22:05 AM

ICO itself is fundraising for building applications related to Blockchain and its implementation such as bitcoin, smart contract, and smart ledger. To note, Bitcoin and other currencies are built on technology called Blockchain. However, not many people know that Blockchain technology can be used for other uses, such as building a decentralized database. Many developers are using this method to raise funds to develop their projects.

●  ALAX (https://alax.io/?utm_source=Bitcointalk&utm_medium=Forum&utm_campaign=WEB)     |  The Blockchain App Store Designed for Gamers (https://alax.io/?utm_source=Bitcointalk&utm_medium=Forum&utm_campaign=WEB)
█ ██████████████ (https://alax.io/?utm_source=Bitcointalk&utm_medium=Forum&utm_campaign=WEB) █    [ WHITEPAPER ] (https://alax.io/ALAX-whitepaper.pdf)          TGE    17th April (https://alax.io/?utm_source=Bitcointalk&utm_medium=Forum&utm_campaign=WEB)       [  ONE PAGER  ] (https://alax.io/ALAX_one-pager.pdf)    █ ██████████████ (https://alax.io/?utm_source=Bitcointalk&utm_medium=Forum&utm_campaign=WEB) █
TWITTER (https://twitter.com/ALAX_io)      REDDIT (https://www.reddit.com/r/Alaxplatform/)      FACEBOOK (https://www.facebook.com/ALAX.io/)      LINKEDIN (https://www.linkedin.com/company/18456306/admin/updates/)      DISCORD (https://discord.gg/hfNGwkP)      SLACK (http://alaxio.herokuapp.com/)      TELEGRAM (https://t.me/ALAX_io)      ANN THREAD (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2816146.0)
nguli

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 07:45:20 AM

I think ICO is the initial coin offering, meaning there are companies that need funds and they offer coin that work together and make smart contract agreement with ETH, from ICO we can get profit because they give bonus when you buy ICO,
000JC88

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 07:58:43 AM

ICO is the revolution of our time, is the new way to do business.
Before some time in order to start a new business and make an idea real you had to find investors, this was't an easy task and most ideas where stay for ever in minds. Now with crypto technology you can find easy investors to support you to make your ideas.

An ICO sells Tokens, which can represent shares of your project or Tokens that can buy services from your project when its done.

This is what actually an ICO is.
Some people get benefit from this and they scam other people, but this is what is happening to new things, need sometime to grow and stabilized.
We have already many good projects from ICOs, the whole idea works from the benefit of all of us.
Those who hate ICOs probably want you to buy some bitcoin or the coin they hold.
Fulmand

Activity: 568

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:13:50 AM

Before some time in order to start a new business and make an idea real you had to find investors, this was't an easy task and most ideas where stay for ever in minds. Now with crypto technology you can find easy investors to support you to make your ideas.

An ICO sells Tokens, which can represent shares of your project or Tokens that can buy services from your project when its done.

Some people get benefit from this and they scam other people, but this is what is happening to new things, need sometime to grow and stabilized.
We have already many good projects from ICOs, the whole idea works from the benefit of all of us.
Those who hate ICOs probably want you to buy some bitcoin or the coin they hold.

Well, for to know ICO means Initial coin offering this is basically a token offering by most of investors projects. They release a tokens that represents to there names. This commonly used by airdrops to initially coins release to the market to be able to increase there popularity being developed.
MiningBattalion

Activity: 333
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:43:48 AM
Last edit: November 28, 2017, 02:40:33 AM by MiningBattalion

Well, for to know ICO means Initial coin offering this is basically a token offering by most of investors projects. They release a tokens that represents to there names. This commonly used by airdrops to initially coins release to the market to be able to increase there popularity being developed.

Ico called as initial coin offering it's a token offered to the investors projects and the token that can by services from your projects when it's completed  and this commonly used in airdrops to initial coin release.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: