Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:00:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you tech me please, What is ICO?  (Read 2579 times)
SmokerFace

Activity: 958
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:17:22 PM

ICO is what you called "Initial Coin Offering" means that you will buy their coin in very cheap price before it goes to  the market, You can earn a good profit from investing on ico when it becomes successful but most of icos are turning into a scam due to greed of developers that's why other investors are choosing to risk in Trading than to Invest on icos.
Other Icos are become successful and hits more than x10 of their price when it's in Crowdsale.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Orrechorre

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:09:31 PM

The ICO purported both the goods sides and the negative aspects along the line. What I mean by the good sides of this Initial Coin Offering is when the legit or serious minded ones releases significant discounts for those that actually invested during these periods, where the prices may becomes almost double after when the ICO becomes successful. Though this initial coin invested is also used by these Developers in various ways propagating the successful flow of their project. Secondly, the bad or negative aspects of the ICO is to the Scammers that seized this very opportunity to terrorize investors coins by way of deceit with fabulous websites and unimaginable team managers. But at the end, many shall lost their coins invested. And this is of course the more reason why I am very restrictive when it comes to investing in ICO no matter how sweetened or Deceitful their whitepaper might be.
almersyn

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:46:10 PM

ICO is a fundraiser for building applications related to Blockchain and its implementations such as bitcoin, smart contract, and smart ledger.
jakagintiri

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

www.coinxes.io

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:59:23 PM

ICO or Initial Coin Offering recently more and more developers are currently using this method to raise funds for the sake of developing their projects. the use of this system includes a remarkable intelligent, but still benefits all users who have invested, but now a lot of cheating ICO.

Nakedbitcoin

Activity: 226

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 02:07:31 PM

ICO is basically a kickstarter or a crowd fund raising for a new coin project. There are scams, but there's still a lot of legit ICOs out there. Investing in existing coins is really risky already, imagine investing in coins that are not even out yet and only few people knows.

Based on my understanding ICO stands for Initial Coin Offering,  Which offer to all investors a new projects of cryptocurrencies tokens. In exchanges against bitcoin and ethereum.  They have to promote their soft cap and the hard cap so that they will be inform if their project is accepted by many investors. 
fairytale

Activity: 209
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:10:30 PM

ICO or initial coin offering this is where the developers sell their coin. a token offering by the investors. you will be given a token by representing and wearing their names. signature campaign or bounty for some. but you can participate with it when you reach junior member.
romeo23

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 02:10:28 PM

ICO- Initial Coin Offerings:An initial coin offering (ICO) is a means of crowdfunding centered around cryptocurrency, which can be a source of capital for startup companies. In an ICO, some quantity of the crowdfunded cryptocurrency is pre allocated to investors in the form of "tokens," in exchange for legal tender or other cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin or Ethereum. These tokens become functional units of currency if or when the ICO's funding goal is met and the project launches.
kmlhsan

Activity: 106

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 05:11:46 PM

ICO means Initial Coin Offering. Before publish in market, company or project manager offer some coins or tokens with bonus to investor for collect investment for this project.
satecream

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 05:18:48 PM

Ico is intial coin offering that meaning a project development is offering any invetment to invest in their project with their coin as an exchange of it

Stavri

Activity: 980
Merit: 275

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 06:09:31 PM

initial coin offering. some people launch an ico for their existing project or an upcoming project. so they can collect fund in crowdsaling and they can run the project on blockchain basis.
Flayme

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 12:33:35 AM

The ICO or the Initial Coin Offering is one the good way to collect funds and investors to establish or develop a good projects. It is usually the it is performed by the bounty bunter in the bounty campaigns. I made some research for you about What is ICO? and what is main purpose of ICo and also what are the connection of ICO's to blockchain technology and cryptocurrency.

Click here to read more information about ICO. https://blockgeeks.com/guides/initial-coin-offering/

Initial Coin Offering (ICO)'
When a cryptocurrency startup firm wants to raise money through an Initial Coin Offering (ICO), it usually creates a plan on a whitepaper which states what the project is about, what need(s) the project will fulfill upon completion, how much money is needed to undertake the venture, how much of the virtual tokens the pioneers of the project will keep for themselves, what type of money is accepted, and how long the ICO campaign will run for. During the ICO campaign, enthusiasts and supporters of the firm’s initiative buy some of the distributed cryptocoins with fiat or virtual currency. These coins are referred to as tokens and are similar to shares of a company sold to investors in an Initial Public Offering (IPO) transaction. If the money raised does not meet the minimum funds required by the firm, the money is returned to the backers and the ICO is deemed to be unsuccessful. If the funds requirements are met within the specified timeframe, the money raised is used to either initiate the new scheme or to complete it.

Read more: Initial Coin Offering (ICO) Definition | Investopedia https://www.investopedia.com/terms/i/initial-coin-offering-ico.asp#ixzz5E17BkhQ1

Surge_Dev

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 09:33:27 AM

Initial Coin Offering is the initial placement of coins (tokens). During the ICO, the project team sells digital tokens for crypto-currencies or fiat money to investors. Later, these coins can be used on the project platform as an internal currency or it is possible to trade them on exchanges.
Danlopz

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:36:01 AM

ICO is what you called "Initial Coin Offering" means that you will buy their coin in very cheap price before it goes to  the market, You can earn a good profit from investing on ico when it becomes successful but most of icos are turning into a scam due to greed of developers that's why other investors are choosing to risk in Trading than to Invest on icos.
Other Icos are become successful and hits more than x10 of their price when it's in Crowdsale.

ICO or Initial Coin Offering is a fundraising effort to build applications related to Blockchain and its implementations such as cryptocurrency, bitcoin, smart contract and smart ledger. In short, ICO is implemented by beginners to cut the process of tight capital collection but is still adjusted to the requirements set by the VC and the bank.
lixer

Activity: 2506
Merit: 586

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:48:14 AM

Hello, everyone. I have some knowledge about ICO. But I want to know everything about ICO. Will you please teach me What is ICO? I don't want to know the Full meaning of ICO. I want to know details of ICO.

Advanced Thanks a lot, all of you who will comment here Cool
ICO is a great definition for Initial Coins Offering that deals with a project and it's product to have a promotion to conduct a token as distribution when the project is successful in the end.
Well that is right but there are so many problems related with this ICO thing. The first and most important is checking where an ICO is legit or not. There are so many stories and complaints about ICOs being scam at the end. Due to decentralization, we can even check from which source this ICO came but still, there are some legit ICOs presented here on this forum, trust them only.

jgaspar

Activity: 239

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 08:05:14 AM

ICO (Initial Coin Offering) Is actually a Token Sale process, when the project is selling their tokens gathering their investments from investors.
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 10:45:38 AM

Hello, everyone. I have some knowledge about ICO. But I want to know everything about ICO. Will you please teach me What is ICO? I don't want to know the Full meaning of ICO. I want to know details of ICO.

ICO is a great definition for Initial Coins Offering that deals with a project and it's product to have a promotion to conduct a token as distribution when the project is successful in the end.
Well that is right but there are so many problems related with this ICO thing. The first and most important is checking where an ICO is legit or not. There are so many stories and complaints about ICOs being scam at the end. Due to decentralization, we can even check from which source this ICO came but still, there are some legit ICOs presented here on this forum, trust them only.
ICO itself is a fundraiser for building applications related to Blockchain and its implementation such as bitcoin, smart contract, and smart ledger. Many developers use this method to raise funds to develop their projects. The whales will get the coins or tokens they sell. Agreed, so many ICO's are scams and make it shitcoin, here it is very important to choose a legitimate ICO and really use for good or to develop something.
PalindromemordnilaP

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 11:12:28 AM

ICO or Initial Coin Offering is also known as crowdfunding. It is a way of collecting money from investors who wants to invest on the ICO to make the project sustain the required soft or hard capital to make it successful on which in return gives the investors a token/coin which can later be traded in cryptoexchanges.

Fatimah Azzahra

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 11:20:16 AM

ICO = "Initial Coin Offering"

Quite simply, it means when a company/business is launching their altcoin or token to the public for the first time, you can buy it during an "ICO". It is like when a company goes public on the stock market it is called an "IPO", or "Initial Public Offering". Hope this helps. Smiley
it seems that the input you provide can also help inform me.
thank you
Ryanpogi

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 11:24:49 AM

the size of my gratitude that this question came, I also want to learn what the ICO is. sorry before i'm still learning.
Averim

Activity: 515
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 12:32:48 PM

ICO means Initial Coin Offering. This is a stage in the crowdfunding in which the investors are able to buy tokens for a certain amount of cryptocurrency (there is a minimum value trade) and at a specific rate that is mentioned. It is good to document your self regarding the project you want to invest in, there are serious people but there are also scams.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: