Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:53:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you tech me please, What is ICO?  (Read 2579 times)
waqasniaz007

Activity: 406
Merit: 121

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 12:37:32 PM

Hello, everyone. I have some knowledge about ICO. But I want to know everything about ICO. Will you please teach me What is ICO? I don't want to know the Full meaning of ICO. I want to know details of ICO.

Advanced Thanks a lot, all of you who will comment here Cool
Well on stock exchange there are IPOs and on blockchain now thier are ICOs, ICO is intial coin offering or tokensale is the crowdfunding of any blockchain project for the purpose of getting funds to start the project.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vaughn125

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 12:48:29 PM

Hello, everyone. I have some knowledge about ICO. But I want to know everything about ICO. Will you please teach me What is ICO? I don't want to know the Full meaning of ICO. I want to know details of ICO.

ICO is a great definition for Initial Coins Offering that deals with a project and it's product to have a promotion to conduct a token as distribution when the project is successful in the end.
Well that is right but there are so many problems related with this ICO thing. The first and most important is checking where an ICO is legit or not. There are so many stories and complaints about ICOs being scam at the end. Due to decentralization, we can even check from which source this ICO came but still, there are some legit ICOs presented here on this forum, trust them only.
ICO itself is a fundraiser for building applications related to Blockchain and its implementation such as bitcoin, smart contract, and smart ledger. Many developers use this method to raise funds to develop their projects. The whales will get the coins or tokens they sell. Agreed, so many ICO's are scams and make it shitcoin, here it is very important to choose a legitimate ICO and really use for good or to develop something.

Good explanation. I agree with what you have said, people must really be patient enough to do a lot of research about the project and the developers behind the project that they are thinking of investing into because scams are all over the place and without due knowledge, anyone can be easily scammed. This is what every investor must pin into their minds if they do not want to be like the thousands of investors that have lost a lot of capital because of carelessness or being too lazy to do their own research.
Wong Gendheng

Activity: 1428
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 01:19:11 PM

ICO (Initial Coin Offering) is the way devs. for collect money, a project would need money and capital so devs. will sell the coins or tokens they make and certainly keep the project going.
Bitcoinjheta

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 01:35:08 PM

Well, ICO is a very known to its meaning an Initial Coin Offering. This is where a project is being developed in a blockchain in which they offered into the crowd to be funded. This is the time they open a presale where the investors buy the coin of the project as they believe in capabilities of that project once it was succesfully launch in a market.
kipo

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:07:41 PM

ICO is a relatively new form of investment, the emergence of which is associated with the development of crypto currency. The term itself is an abbreviation for Initial Coin Offering
BitcoinMarketer39

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:33:07 PM

Ico means initial coin offering , they are companies who are managing cryptocurrency that they are created and they need consumers so in order to get those buyers then they need to advertise their platform using bounty campaigns in order to earn more investors.

AnisahSiti

Activity: 261
Merit: 15

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:58:13 PM

This is a new way for a startup to get capital from the public, to finance the development of a project. Commonly called crowdfunding. This is easier to do, and has less risk, than proposing to the bank, or looking for large investors manually, with presentations directly.
Actually this is a good way, because many people can be investors with little funds, and as a guarantee, usually startup offers tokens or coins with a certain value, and gives bonuses, also offers other benefits. Each startup offers different offerings, and within a certain period the company will provide a market as a tool to measure the value of coins and exchange.

But sadly, many projects are not qualified, products that do not match the promise, or the split of a team, so that affect the project. and worst of all, some people take advantage of this for their own profit, cheating the ICO participants, robbing investors' money when the ICO is running. there are still many more ways, and many fraudulent stories in the ICO world. So be careful in choosing an ICO as an investment tool. and if you choose this path, do not expect big profit in one night.

▀██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄██████████▀          T O N U P          ▀██████████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀██▀
THE ULTIMATE LAUNCHPAD ON TON CHAIN
▀████▄     [      Twitter      ]    [    Telegram    ]    [     Medium     ]     ▄████▀
rudito

Activity: 275
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 04:25:45 PM

Ico is an initial offer from a company for their project, they are looking for investors to invest in their project, and it is also a way of introducing their project to the community.
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:29:08 PM

Ico is an initial offer from a company for their project, they are looking for investors to invest in their project, and it is also a way of introducing their project to the community.

Furthermore, it is a way to raised money or funds for the said project to be realized or materialized. Investors are needed to fund the project depending on its viability,profitability and its potential. why whitepaper  and roadmap is important in order for the investors to decide. Aside from that people behind the project is also important as a matter of trust.

Open for Campaigns
lili song

Activity: 980
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:57:10 PM

Initial Coin Offering or we also call it ICO is an unregulated means by which funds are raised for a new cryptocurrency venture. An Initial Coin Offering (ICO) is used by startups to bypass the rigorous and regulated capital-raising process required by venture capitalists or banks. In an ICO campaign, a percentage of the cryptocurrency is sold to early backers of the project in exchange for legal tender or other cryptocurrencies, but usually for Bitcoin.
btc78

Activity: 2492
Merit: 212

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:16:23 AM

ICO is a strategy to scam people like when they ask you to send them your coins to double them, all are possible because of ETH and blockchains like it. there I just taught you in details but will you have enough or just going to get scammed or scam people after learning?
Well said, my brother.  " ICO" is a ripoff term inspired by "IPO" from the stock market.   And just like the stock market,  most suckers don't make money investing in them.  It's even worse on crypto because of the lack of regulation and the general scamminess of those involved in them.  I wouldn't bother sinking a penny into any ICOs.
why so rude about ico?have you been a victim once thats why youre too bitter about them?😂

Well ico is a team(of scammers ofcourse)that pretend to be a profiteering but the main objective is to attract people with their promises and after that will run away with you money..

But not all of them,there are few whos giving us good income if only we are good to find them

cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:32:20 AM

In my perspective, ICOs is like crowdfunding for project that developer plan to start. Its like IPO on stocks exchange but its for start up but some ICOs have real bussiness and have real product and customer
jaocoincrypto18

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:53:03 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2018, 02:03:52 AM by jaocoincrypto18

If some business tycoon want to join crypto currencies investments and want to follow the path of Bitcoin by creating a new coin of their own then they should facilitate an ICO in which a project on how their new coin will going to be develop and will be supported by most of the investors thru their investments.
patarfweefwee

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:05:13 AM

I guess people has already answered this but I'm just going to supplement it. ICO or Initial Coin Offering is a way to introduce a coin and at the same time finance it. This is a chance for investors to buy their coins at a very low price with extra coins as bonus. Recently, ICOs has a bad rep because most of them turn out to be scams, so I'd say be careful with the ICOs you'll purchase in the future.

onyok

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

BLUPASS.CO | ICO LIVE! | 15/5 - 15/7 | JOIN NOW!

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:59:01 AM

ICO is the term used when the new coin is going to launch , many companies use this strategy to introduce thier coin  on what potential it have. And also to become more popular and to have a big value in the market.
But just be aware, it is also used by the scammers they can say if you contribute in thier ICO you will have a big chance to have more of thier coin but in the end that coin is a shit.

poundy29

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:05:01 AM

ICO is an unregulated means by which funds are raised for a new cryptocurrency venture. An Initial Coin Offering (ICO) is used by startups to bypass the rigorous and regulated capital-raising process required by venture capitalists or banks. In an ICO campaign, a percentage of the cryptocurrency is sold to early backers of the project in exchange for legal tender or other cryptocurrencies.
josephpogi

Activity: 434
Merit: 168

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:31:14 AM

Ico means initial coin offering which some campaigns selling their token and they have a private and pibluc sale or crowdsale but some of icos are scam so be careful you should need to pick wisely and learn more about in their website roadmap and also on telegram so you will know what happned in that icos .
Gyugita

Activity: 110
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:57:40 AM

ICO (Initial Coin Offering) is a very affordable price for payments to the free market.

The purpose of ICO

ICO is usually offered by developers to COLLECT THE FUNDS to improve the performance they do in this case is digital coins. They need substantial funds to develop and can adjust because of the limited funding available to the development team.

Advantages of ICO

For developers they will get funding from people to speed up the projects they develop that can be accessible to many people. For investors will get a coin that can be used freely in the exchanger market.

The advantage for investors that ICO before coins that can be sold freely will be cheaper. And usually the coin at the launch price will jump high. This is what makes investors enjoy the presence of this ICO.

Disadvantages of ICO

Behind the profits there must be disadvantages that come. Because ICO nature of the investment then we will give money and money for things that can be done when the ICO is brought his / her web hit HACK or various events without any clear or more information in the know with SCAM.

Some of the things that cause SCAM when the ICO is unclear project, the purpose of funds made by developers and teams that are not clear or not plastered. Usually this will be explained in whitepaper and roadmap. Then only limited to making important coins and can be paired with BTC only.

We must know who the people behind this ICO project is also the background.
Keyboard PC

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:31:51 AM

I think ICO is the initial coin offering, the coin offered to the investors is used for development by the developer of profit to fund the project or a product that will be created so that it can be useful and very useful for the world and the future. but you should not just participate in ICO you should see the ICO who has a team that can be trusted and platform that really really useful.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:34:36 AM

Ico means initial coin offering which some campaigns selling their token and they have a private and pibluc sale or crowdsale but some of icos are scam so be careful you should need to pick wisely and learn more about in their website roadmap and also on telegram so you will know what happned in that icos .
Yup the investors should be careful and they should have done a lot of research first about the project before they invest or put their money into the ICOs because the ICOs are mostly scam since the scammers are using it to take advantage the desire of the other people to invest in ICOs since a lot of ICOs last year are really pumped up very high.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: