Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:23:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you tech me please, What is ICO?  (Read 2579 times)
Elai101

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 05:53:36 AM

Hello, everyone. I have some knowledge about ICO. But I want to know everything about ICO. Will you please teach me What is ICO? I don't want to know the Full meaning of ICO. I want to know details of ICO.

Advanced Thanks a lot, all of you who will comment here Cool
Ico means initial coin offering which some campaigns selling their token and they have a private and pibluc sale or crowdsale but some of icos are scam so be careful you should need to pick wisely and learn more about in their website roadmap and also on telegram so you will know what happned in that icos .
Yes, it is an Initial Coin Offering like a fund raising in a public for their new crypto currency venture and usually during sale their tokens can be bought in a low price and after the ICO they will  enlist their new coins in a selected exchanges at where you can sale your token in exchange of bitcoin or any other crypto currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tuikindu

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:11:11 AM

ICO represents the initial coin products, a group or organization is to raise money or provide a new encryption currency, however some ICO is a scam, if you want to join the ICO, be careful when you invest your money.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 08:10:19 AM

Hello, everyone. I have some knowledge about ICO. But I want to know everything about ICO. Will you please teach me What is ICO? I don't want to know the Full meaning of ICO. I want to know details of ICO.

Ico means initial coin offering which some campaigns selling their token and they have a private and pibluc sale or crowdsale but some of icos are scam so be careful you should need to pick wisely and learn more about in their website roadmap and also on telegram so you will know what happned in that icos .
Yup the investors should be careful and they should have done a lot of research first about the project before they invest or put their money into the ICOs because the ICOs are mostly scam since the scammers are using it to take advantage the desire of the other people to invest in ICOs since a lot of ICOs last year are really pumped up very high.
Even how hard you make a research this days,its really hard to distinguish whos legit and scams,those f*cking scammers are good,they can even pretend to be realistic and truthful,maybe lets trust our instincts and faith to God helping us find the right ico to invest with.and lets accept the reality that part of investing is failure,and being a victim means you're wea,things happens for a reason
yaghoniyu

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 08:22:49 AM

In my opinion, ICO" is a ripoff term inspired by "IPO" from the stock market.   And just like the stock market,  most suckers don't make money investing in them.  It's even worse on crypto because of the lack of regulation and the general scamminess of those involved in them. thats I know.
marites

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:39:53 PM

Well i think there is two kind of ico
1. ico for scammer or
2. for legit ico.
So the best way to do before joining in any ico campaign is to research about the icos and its platforms.
Because some icos promises are really aromatic that's why there are many people who are scammed and we need to prevent or stop it. Be wisely.
jorgelugra

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:56:47 PM

By issuing their own tokens and exchanging them for popular crypto-currencies (for example, bitcoin or Ethereum) or for fiat currencies (dollars or euros), the project attracts the funding needed to launch or develop.
YED

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 10:29:41 PM

An ICO (Initial Coin Offering) is the most effective & efficient way of attracting investments for startups today. To solve your dilemma
Digital currencies have had a spectacular year, reaching a combined market capitalization of over $115 Billion. Along with this, a new trend of fundraising has emerged – the initial coin offering. Like digital currencies in 2013-2014, initial coin offerings (ICOs) are becoming popular lately as more crypto start-ups are using it as an alternative to the traditional fundraising methods. According to Forbes, ICOs have raised over $380M funding as of May 2017, compared to $225M in 2016, $10M in 2015, and $25M in 2014 (historical figures are from the research firm Smith + Crown).
One of the advantages is that ICOs create liquidity and growth equity without giving up equity in most cases. This means that the venture founders do not give up or dilute existing ownership in their start-up by raising funding. However, as an investor, this can turn into a risk because investors have no voting rights, as opposed to traditional equity ownership in a company.
Muwatti

Activity: 176

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 11:25:58 PM

ICO stands for Initial Coin Offering this is one if the strategies of several companies to collect funds and investors for the project that they want to launch. ICO's are consist of project developers They are making tokens as an offering to all investors that wants to be part of a particular projects. A token of a Ico has no value at all until the token didn't listed on the exchange but in the ICo token has have its own value. They sell all token in both private sale and public sale to reach their soft cap and at same time hard cap. This is for my own knowledge s you can do you own research about  ICO.
dodgrad

Activity: 1067
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:00:08 PM

ICO means "Initial Coin Offering", which is a type of strategy to scam people, so we need to be careful.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
jorgelugra

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:05:13 PM

ICO, or Initial Coin Offering (the primary location of the tokens) is the issuance of any project coupons or tokens designed to pay for site services in the future - in the form of a crypto currency.
maloibtc

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:45:23 PM

By issuing their own "money" and exchanging them for one of the common crypto-currencies (such as Bitcoin or Ethereum) or even for real currencies (dollars, euros), the project can secure the financing necessary for launching or development. In addition, issuing currency for the project, you can accelerate its development (as the introduction of money in ancient times increased trade turnover) and automatically solve the problem of future monetization.
Xclusive5

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:36:10 PM

Initial coin offering ( ICO)  unregulated means by which funds are raised for a new cryptocurrency venture. An Initial Coin Offering (ICO) is used by startups to bypass the rigorous and regulated capital-raising process required by venture capitalists or banks.

Source: Wikipedia.

korong ajem

Activity: 109

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 04:18:33 AM

ICO - Initial Coins Offering is a token sale of a new altcoin in crypto currency, ico gives us bonus tokens for everyone who joins the ico; this is very profitable than buying in the market
supto005

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 04:28:25 AM

Basically ICO means Initial Coin Offering. It means that someone offers investors some units of a new cryptocurrency or crypto-token in exchange against cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin or Ethereum. You can also Check out this video https://youtu.be/kmgaNEK10ok which can be helpful for you.
TonyFat

Activity: 448
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2018, 06:03:02 PM

these are lies, not all of them are fraud, there are good projects that realize their ideas and help people

..WOWSECRET..
Innovative Content Platform
..WOWCOINTWITTERTELEGRAM..
Opnsrc

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:18:56 PM

ICO is the term used when the new coin is going to launch , many companies use this strategy to introduce thier coin  on what potential it have. And also to become more popular and to have a big value in the market.
But just be aware, it is also used by the scammers they can say if you contribute in thier ICO you will have a big chance to have more of thier coin but in the end that coin is a shit.

And this coin is supposed to be used in a certain new project. The best ICOs give the investors really great profit, better than in trading. Here is the video about ICOs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZwMt42CzH0
youdacapt

Activity: 1806
Merit: 295

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 09:57:50 PM

if you are a trader, then ICO is just a replacement term for an IPO, the sales system is generally valid and almost no difference, except the binding official regulations, due to the absence of regulations and still limited to the use of KYC

so many projects are untested in quality and stability a potential underwriter for investors, the same sales system in the world of commerce and seen to have different ecosystems as an alternative investment.
Fluffinfinity

Activity: 158

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:16:32 PM

An ICO is a Company offer which talks about cyprtocurrencies wherein you are going to join their force and work for them in different ways.

▰▰▰▰▰▰      IMPRESSIO     ▰▰     THE FUTURE OF INVESTING      ▰▰▰▰▰▰
Lightpaper   ▰   ✔ Instant Withdrawals  ✔ Team with a huge experience in the field   ▰   Facebook
Telegram   ███  ✔ 5% Partner Commission  ✔ Automated system for investors   ███   Twitter
Coinlovertoo

Activity: 58

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:24:48 PM

Ico is a project or by means of campaign thats advertise their own tokens.
Some ico's are not legit and the rest are either success or fails .
So if you planning to join in an ico make sure you made a deep.research about the.project to avoid scam.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1655

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:44:54 AM

I think everyone has really given a good answer to the OP, but it he/she still doesn't understand what an ICO means then we can't do anything about it. However, let me point out that you are lucky that there are alot of people willing to help you out, don't take that for granted because most of us started with no information on what an ICO is, ( well in my case). But I strive hard and I don't want to be spoon feed my members so I did my own research.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████