Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:27:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin in Economics class?  (Read 7779 times)
thebanker28

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:25:41 PM

Do you think they are talking about bitcoin in your basic ECON class?
Bitcoin is of itself an abject lesson in economics. I would be pretty surprised if most up to date colleges don't cover it in their curriculum. I think in some way it is still more up to students to discover the deeper elements of cryto for themselves as the landscape is changing pretty quickly.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:46:53 PM

Bitcoin is of itself an abject lesson in economics. I would be pretty surprised if most up to date colleges don't cover it in their curriculum. I think in some way it is still more up to students to discover the deeper elements of cryto for themselves as the landscape is changing pretty quickly.
Bitcoin might be an effective economic lesson in and of itself, but it doesn't mean that there is any reason for universities to teach such a subject that doesn't sit well with whatever agenda or curriculum they want to be teaching to their students. If there is nothing for them to learn about Bitcoin (or so they may think), then they won't push it for any of their classes and people won't learn about it. Sucks that it is like that for most universities. No longer places of thinking but rather $x and x years for a piece of paper.
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:01:01 PM

I don't see the way bitcoin can feature in economic class when everything is under government control from the teachers to the supervisors even to the point of the syllabus the moment government does not approve, it does not find its way to the class. Although, this could prove important to the class but the misconception about bitcoin alone could make the teacher to be accused of teaching the wrong things but in few years, I see all these getting cleared.
Nascor

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 11:17:08 AM

maybe it can used as a good case study.. even though the development of BTC is still ongoing, it offers some intereing insights on how the economy works (supply/demand etc.) What I would like to see, is them teaching about Blockchain itself, the underlying technology. More people need to familiarize with the concept and the possibilities it offers.
marjoree

Activity: 193

Presale is live!

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 06:00:28 AM

I dont think so because even most of the teachers dont know bitcoin yet. But in the future maybe since bitcoin helps one economy

suzukiy

Activity: 222

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 06:09:47 AM

Economics is a field of study that has become increasingly relevant in our globalized, financialized society. The economy is part of our collective conscious and a buzzword that links personal finances to big business and international trade deals. Economics deals with individual choice, but also with money and borrowing, production and consumption, trade and markets, employment and occupations, asset pricing, taxes and much more.
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 06:22:38 AM

I dont think so because even most of the teachers dont know bitcoin yet. But in the future maybe since bitcoin helps one economy

Its possible that not everyone may understand the bitcoin and its advantages etc. So either including in a test-books which will require the govt acceptance firstly to bitcoin in their country. What in the mean time can be done is to hold seminar and just brief up the college students atleast about its existence .
aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:49:17 AM

This is a very good idea if we manage to educate the students of not only economy but students of other departments as well. This is very much possible if the administration of different schools and universities want it to implement it in their respective institute. Moreover, this will give the students of economics a better understanding of bitcoin and they will be able to perform well in their occupation.
cryptoalfs76

Activity: 406

▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰&#9

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 04:41:10 PM

There's no topic about bitcoin in our economic class,but in the lesson they teach us being a entrepreneurs.being an entrepreneurs you must be a trader's ,so from the words "traders " its describe about bitcoin,because in crypto currency you must be an investor or trader's to being
a  economist.so bitcoin is part of economics class.

Kr8os

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 12:50:46 AM

It will definitely be mentioned in passing for current events and the unexpected growth. As for an actual focus in class, only a few universities are doing that currently.
aldrian09

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:58:23 AM

There are news that couple of schools teaches blockchain already I think its bitcoin that they have to be taught its the technology of bitcoin. And if they will implement this with schools then bitcoin popularity will gain more investors and users.
Hamstead

Activity: 805

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:58:26 AM

There's no topic about bitcoin in our economic class,but in the lesson they teach us being a entrepreneurs.being an entrepreneurs you must be a trader's ,so from the words "traders " its describe about bitcoin,because in crypto currency you must be an investor or trader's to being
a  economist.so bitcoin is part of economics class.
Actually, some basic activities teach in economincs subject is enough to start with bitcoin. Basic trading ways could be useful and can be applied in crypto. Because the only thing that crypto currencies differ is the way it works in online transactions but some of their ways are totally the same. You just need only to understand the way it runs.
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:12:26 AM

There are news that couple of schools teaches blockchain already I think its bitcoin that they have to be taught its the technology of bitcoin. And if they will implement this with schools then bitcoin popularity will gain more investors and users.

It's best that way but it shouldn't remain in only the economic class but also the computer science and engineering classes where the more technical aspects of Bitcoin should be taught.
Skyshark

Activity: 505

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:14:35 AM

I don't think bitcoin is being thought in ECON class yet, its not even well known in the world for it to be added in school curriculums. But if bitcoin and cryptocurrencies will continue to grow rapidly, and to be known around the world in its current speed rate, then I think, its just a matter of time before it will be added to school curriculums.

Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:23:41 AM

I don't think bitcoin is being thought in ECON class yet, its not even well known in the world for it to be added in school curriculums. But if bitcoin and cryptocurrencies will continue to grow rapidly, and to be known around the world in its current speed rate, then I think, its just a matter of time before it will be added to school curriculums.
I think that the schools will not add bitcoin to the economic class because the schools know that bitcoin is easy to be learned in the internet and since it is an internet currency then it will not give too much problem to the students for accessing bitcoin because they can access bitcoin easily and they can both try bitcoin and learn it because it is all in the internet.
iyan33

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:32:58 AM

I think if bitcoin has become a legitimate currency and can be used officially in various countries, of course this will be part of the economy class in every school, because every aspect of life-beneficial knowledge is always included in the school curriculum
bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:37:58 AM

We can introduce bitcoin at higher lever for investment purpose but there is no  use to introduce bitcoin at lower level or at school level. i think we can introduce bitcoin at school level as a currency, because we are expecting that in future we will become able to use bitcoin as currency even in our local area, on other side the young generation are also too much interested in online shopping and businesses therefore i think it will be more good if we introduce bitcoin as currency at lower level.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
Dodoymabs

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:47:43 AM

That's a lot to learn and an interesting topic if that's going to happen.There are a lot to explore about how blockchain works and creating a program about it.Millennial kids are all know about basic of computer and i think thats near beyond.
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:35:36 AM

I think if you teach Bitcoin in economics class, you are introducing bitcoin as a new subject, however it is much better if we update first all levels of government regarding Bitcoin, since they will be the one to decide in how we are going to teach bitcoins to students. There might be something good that will come out if we introduce bitcoins to economics class, however, we can not say that the students will all agree with Bitcoin, they might have other thoughts, still it would be nice for them to understand what is going on right now, between Fiat and crypto currency, it will open up their eyes that the papernote that they are holding does not have any value. I think rather than economics class, to get the economy of Bitcoin and computer class, to understand block chain technology, there should be a different subject solely for cryptocurrencies so that the students will not get confused and somehow they can compare crypto currency with fiat.
Sir Cross

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:41:17 PM

Since bitcoin is getting more and more injected into our economies, it might as well should be discussed in economics class. Anyway, its best for students to learn about bitcoin and crypto at an early age. It should be discussed in economics because bitcoin is a part of the community and it affects a country’s market and financial sector. It will continue to expand so knowledge about it should be given especially to the young ones. Classes like economics should keep up to date.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: