Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:37:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Komodo coin?  (Read 1891 times)
exsousia (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 09:32:54 AM

I just went through the Komodo white paper on its delayed Proof of Work consensus mechanism (https://komodoplatform.com/whitepaper/). Has anyone else?

What do you think of this mechanism that notarizes transactions on to the bitcoin blockchain - providing stronger security (an attacker will have to bring both networks to succeed), but whose success also depends on the continous success of Bitcoin? What happens in the case of a the "split" bitcoin blockchain (Segwit, bitcoin Unlimited, etc)? Supanet (Komodo developers) appear to be staking a lot on this mechanism.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
kjadB

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 01:20:59 PM

I just went through the Komodo white paper on its delayed Proof of Work consensus mechanism (https://komodoplatform.com/whitepaper/). Has anyone else?

What do you think of this mechanism that notarizes transactions on to the bitcoin blockchain - providing stronger security (an attacker will have to bring both networks to succeed), but whose success also depends on the continous success of Bitcoin? What happens in the case of a the "split" bitcoin blockchain (Segwit, bitcoin Unlimited, etc)? Supanet (Komodo developers) appear to be staking a lot on this mechanism.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

The great thing about delayed PoW is Komodo could swap to LTC, (or any other PoW coin) in a matter of hours if they chose to.
dbc23

Activity: 1036
Merit: 311

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 02:28:03 PM

Thoughts?

Thanks!

The great thing about delayed PoW is Komodo could swap to LTC, (or any other PoW coin) in a matter of hours if they chose to.

I'm trying to envision ANY scenario where you'd want to do that which would be good for the dPOW coin holder but can't think of any, is there something I'm missing?
John Titor

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 02:40:36 PM

Thoughts?

Thanks!

I'm trying to envision ANY scenario where you'd want to do that which would be good for the dPOW coin holder but can't think of any, is there something I'm missing?

If another PoW coin became more secure than Bitcoin, then it would make sense.
agus_purno

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:34:43 PM

coin komodo on this day increased of 2.23% and the price becomes 0.00053510 BTC , it becomes a sign that the coin Komodo will be a successful coin and will compete with other coins. and we all expect that the Komodo dragon will remain stable,
or better is the price will continue to rise

███  ████     BAANX  |  The Cryptobank Revolution     ████  ███
▬▬▬  ►  ▬▬▬  ANN  Whitepaper  Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  Medium  ▬▬▬  ◄  ▬▬▬
PRE-SALE IS OPEN!  ▬▬  Register for 100BXX!  ▬▬  Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER
Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:47:03 PM

coin komodo on this day increased of 2.23% and the price becomes 0.00053510 BTC , it becomes a sign that the coin Komodo will be a successful coin and will compete with other coins. and we all expect that the Komodo dragon will remain stable,
yes i think this one is good to hold even in long term and i expect more increase in the price that will happen next week  after they announce the new update next week.
konco_kenthel

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 02:48:48 PM

hopefully Komodo dragons can continue to have a stable value so that more people are still loyal to keep stockpiling it and become one of the coins with high quality.

Michael2t

Activity: 39

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 03:03:27 PM

Through Komodo , other blockchains can connect to Bitcoin , saving on transaction costs
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 03:38:45 PM

Thoughts?

Thanks!

I think without Bitcoin, there is no Komodo. I don't know if they can split appart Komodo of Bitcoin blockchain and how hard it is to do that. If there is a split like Bitcoin Cash, it doesn't touch Komodo i think as they still will use Bitcoin blockchain. But i don't know how it really works. I am not a Bitcoin blockchain developer.
But as Komodo depends on Bitcoin blockchain, i don't know about the transaction fees. Does the Bitcoin miners work on the Komodo transaction too? As they are notarized into Bitcoin blockchain? And i don't know what does 'notarized' means here. Maybe it is about the 'nodes' who needs to read/write transactions into Bitcoin blockchain.
But it is a really interesting idea.
kaspabha

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 03:40:56 PM

good to hold. Wink
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 03:55:48 PM

And do not forget you get 5% annual interest for just leaving the coins in your wallet. You do not have to mine, forge or harvest. You just got them for free. This is one of the main advantages for investors Komodo offer, besides the fact that the team is doing a great job and a lot of features are on the road to be released.
lamnq92

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 04:36:58 PM

There is something which would be reveal in the next 4 days https://komodoplatform.com. lets w8 guys  Grin
fromholland

Activity: 280
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:45:42 PM

A price increase of 2.23% a day doesn't mean anything in crypto.
It's now at 0.00029725 BTC.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:53:40 PM

A price increase of 2.23% a day doesn't mean anything in crypto.
It's now at 0.00029725 BTC.

true but everything will be heading down in the face of 10k btc

komodo is solid dont worry about that one - one of a handful of proven developers here and I mean a handful.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: