Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:34:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Who should be the listed owner of the Wall Observer thread? Choose all acceptable options. Your vote will be published.  (Voting closed: July 08, 2017, 01:48:25 PM)
lightfoot - 20 (12%)
arklan - 16 (9.6%)
Erkallys - 15 (9%)
infofront - 58 (34.7%)
Lauda - 35 (21%)
empowering - 23 (13.8%)
Total Voters: 110

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer new ownership  (Read 6873 times)
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 08:58:05 PM

My vote goes to infofront.

Seems to me the blatantly racist shit ought to be out of bounds. Maybe I'm a Jew. Maybe the monkey is. Who's to say?

Absolutely.  

r0ach seems to think this is fun:

(Blah blah conspiracy paranoia from r0ach's sick library) Holocaust 2.0 coming soon.

I do not.  When he was a Mod, I asked Lauda why posts I had written were deletd and r0ach's anti-semitic hate posts were untouched on the same page.  

He did not answer.

For me intolerance to the point of advocating genocide and the killing of millions of people is NOT really ok.  It's kind a red line issue.

So in the interests of an open debate, what is your position Lauda? Do you just crave the power? Can you tell us if you're a light touch, laissez-faire type, or a totalitarian?  Why were you a mod and then suddenly not?

Do tell, we would like to know.  Your past is not without clouds - but your audience is listening and prepared to listen, as am I - and if I get no answer, you will have proved my worst fears about your ambition to take over the WO.

You are not Adam - OK, who could be?  Fair enough.  But what are you, Lauda?

The fact that he presents the other side of the coin is exactly the reason why we should keep people like R0ach! ... Because you can show them, point them with a finger and given as an anti-example!!! ... The world needs fucking bad guys to be in a perpetuum state of equilibrium! Balance is needed! Smiley

*edit(1):  So... don't ignore the other side of the coin!!! If danger and bad sh!t exists... you don't need to ignore it and suppress it!!! Deal with it!!! Smiley

*edit(2): People need to be aware so they can draw up their own conclusions!!! Smiley

The only trouble is, when genocide happens, it's sort of a bit late to form an opinion.  It tends to need a war to sort it out if you let it go.

See:  History.

我想要火箭和火车

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 09:02:46 PM

The only trouble is, when genocide happens, it's sort of a bit late to form an opinion.  It tends to need a war to sort it out if you let it go.

See:  History.

That's why you can educate people from far far ahead if the damn thing wasn't ignored and suppressed in the first place!!! Because when it will be heard by some, it will be like the first time! Something sounding very beautiful and a likely plausible scenario!!! ... And jews will probably not be a next genocide 2.0 ... but maybe them arabs invading Yurope! So people need to come with solutions far far far ahead, so they can establish concepts!!!  Roll Eyes
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 09:04:26 PM

Can we post train pictures and stuff when our candidates go in the lead?

In a few days we will have WO again, maybe it is good to start recovering old habits in the meantime (or to do it for the last time in case Lauda wins the poll)

19VBmRQVqrtNTGiwngZutwREagcKxJgVZM
kurious
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 09:10:30 PM

In a few days we will have WO again, maybe it is good to start recovering old habits in the meantime.

Maybe - but, my freind - my preferred candidates aren't winning Wink

And I ain't standing - so I want to see some mettle from those who are.   With the right mod, goodness and joy will reign.  With the wrong one, I lose my favourite thead. 

Sorry. It matters.

我想要火箭和火车
kurious
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 09:20:45 PM

Occasional promotion of fascism is kind of OK?

Ok, laissez-faire will win out, which is a plus point - but when I totally kick off, will I also not be deleted when I tell this psychopath who lives in his mother's basement dreaming of the death of the jews to go fuck himself?

Wink

That actually sounds fair...

Maybe you two will bond with the passing of time! Heal, mend wounds together!!!  Cheesy  Cheesy

*edit:   And then peace was restored to the kingdom! They became friends and then they had a plenty bunch of children and the world was a better place! The End!!!  Cheesy  Cheesy

Not that likely, I am afraid. The world will only be a better place when the promotion of racism, hate, murder and genocide is not 'OK'

我想要火箭和火车
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 09:22:20 PM

In a few days we will have WO again, maybe it is good to start recovering old habits in the meantime.

And I ain't standing - so I want to see some mettle from those who are.   With the right mod, goodness and joy will reign.  With the wrong one, I lose my favourite thead. 

Sorry. It matters.

Yep, it matters. We all have some preferred candidates, that's ok. The best owner of WO would be someone that most of the time we wouldn't even notice he is doing his "job" while he is doing it perfectly.

Anyway,  I have finallly voted for: lightfoot (my initial choice), arklan, Erkalis, infofront (he is doing a great job on his forked WO) and empowering (this guy sounds like a great Adam's sucessor)... So I have some serious chances that my "preferred" candidate wins Smiley

savetherainforest

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 09:33:27 PM

Ok, laissez-faire will win out, which is a plus point - but when I totally kick off, will I also not be deleted when I tell this psychopath who lives in his mother's basement dreaming of the death of the jews to go fuck himself?

Wink

Maybe you two will bond with the passing of time! Heal, mend wounds together!!!  Cheesy  Cheesy

*edit:   And then peace was restored to the kingdom! They became friends and then they had a plenty bunch of children and the world was a better place! The End!!!  Cheesy  Cheesy

Not that likely, I am afraid. The world will only be a better place when the promotion of racism, hate, murder and genocide is not 'OK'

I do this for a living... and I need to make you think! ... So... in opinion of some... the concept of "peace & prosperity" are ideal and will probably happen. BUT!!!! ... The thing is that imagine a world after 300-400 years of no violence or any kind of rebellion... Do you consider that a healthy society?? Because if a breakaway civilization from the past or an encounter with another alien race (just a small rogue colony might be enough)... How do you think the reaction of those 'vegetable minded' people will be?? Smiley

So the actual problem that many don't understand is that you need to integrate "the promotion of racism, hate, murder and genocide is not 'OK' " ... into any future system that we have!   Wink

*edit:  The concept of "Peace" alone, by itself.. cannot stand the trial & error of time! Because its flawed! And you need constant balance! Smiley
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 09:33:56 PM

I'm not voting for anyone, not because I think the users in question aren't capable of handling the thread, but because I think it would be better to simply have someone from the Staff handling the thread (mainly because Staff members are more used to patrolling the forums and supposedly spend more time doing so than any other members, thus being from the Staff). Since Nekrobios is the section's Moderator, I assume he'd be even more fit and/or capable to the task at hand than said users (otherwise why would he moderate the section in question and not one of the users in the poll?).

Although administration states that it's not really relevant who gets the job, the Wall Observer thread seems important enough to warrant it's own ownership vote thread, which is a bit odd/contradictory, as maybe it is important to choose the right person (from a seemingly random list of users). This kind of seems to throw off or de-characterize the "Staff" user position. If it's not all that important, why not just delete all Wall Observer threads except the first one created with self-moderation?

That being said, maybe I'm seeing things in a wrong way. And in the end of the day, whoever wins this poll is fine with me because, as I've said, all the users in it are probably suited to take the job.
kurious
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 09:36:19 PM

Sorry. It matters.

Yep, it matters. We all have some preferred candidates, that's ok. The best owner of WO would be someone that most of the time we wouldn't even notice he is doing his "job" while he is doing it perfectly.

Anyway,  I have finallly voted for: lightfoot (my initial choice), arklan, Erkalis, infofront (he is doing a great job on his forked WO) and empowering (this guy sounds like a great Adam's sucessor)... So I have some serious chances that my "preferred" candidate wins Smiley

I voted similarly, but I am warming to Empowering, too - he is sounding like an advocate of tolerance. He even might be fun, too.

Lauda is the dark horse - but he has not spoken of his ethos, only indicated he wants the role.

In my experience those who really seek power are often the ones who should never be granted it.

我想要火箭和火车
kurious
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 09:56:08 PM

Wink

I do this for a living... and I need to make you think! ... So... in opinion of some... the concept of "peace & prosperity" are ideal and will probably happen. BUT!!!! ... The thing is that imagine a world after 300-400 years of no violence or any kind of rebellion... Do you consider that a healthy society?? Because if a breakaway civilization from the past or an encounter with another alien race (just a small rogue colony might be enough)... How do you think the reaction of those 'vegetable minded' people will be?? Smiley

So the actual problem that many don't understand is that you need to integrate "the promotion of racism, hate, murder and genocide is not 'OK' " ... into any future system that we have!   Wink

*edit:  The concept of "Peace" alone, by itself.. cannot stand the trial & error of time! Because its flawed! And you need constant balance! Smiley

You don't need to worry, I can think without help.  And I am not thinking about 300 years ahead, or thinking there will be 'peace' either.  There won't. Not in our lifetimes.

I am thinking a little more short term: who will keep the WO going as I want to hope it can?

Meanwhile, I might take on a few neo-nazis that crawl out from under the stinking sludge as I pass along - but that is just because I have a teeny-weeny problem with the advocation of mass murder of men, women and children upon racial grounds.

Maybe that makes me weird.  But I am unable to respond differently.  I happen to stupidly believe all human life is valuable and everyone has a right to live unchained.  It is part of why I am into Bitcoin and the personal freedom it offers - whatever religion, or skin colour.

我想要火箭和火车
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10155

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:13:51 PM

............ if I get no answer, you will have proved my worst fears about your ambition to take over the WO...............

I had to LOL for this part.... .....  I mean really, the power of the WO and more especially the power of whoever becomes the emperor of such.   hahahahah  LOL   hahahaha  LOL   haahahahahaha  lol   

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:15:37 PM

I thought the new owner was supposed to be someone who is a "regular" in the WO thread?

Are any of the candidates disqualified if that were one of the criteria?

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:32:14 PM

How do I change my vote? ... all this last minute politicking has changed my mind on suitability of the candidates.

Does empowering really have a connection with the monkey?

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:45:47 PM

How do I change my vote? ... all this last minute politicking has changed my mind on suitability of the candidates.

Actually, I believe that this time around you are unable to change your vote, once you have voted.

In the last vote, there was a button that gave an option to change the vote, but this time, I don't see any such button that allows changing. 

I think that Theymos must have set up the vote NOT to allow changing of your vote once it is cast - and it seems as if the only way to change that ability is to rerun the whole poll, which seems to be a very highly unlikely proposition, at this point.

xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7968

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:58:10 PM

I thought the new owner was supposed to be someone who is a "regular" in the WO thread?

In option 1, Theymos used the word "active" which I believe was used to contrast the status of the current moderator, adamstgBit, which is "inactive".

Option 3 stated: Move the current thread to a new Chat section which will be mostly ignored by bitcointalk.org mods, but will have its own set of mods pulled from the Wall Observer regulars in order to enforce some amount of order.

Are any of the candidates disqualified if that were one of the criteria?

"Regular" was one of the criteria but only for option 3.  As we know, option 1 took the most votes.

bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 11:50:26 PM

Actually, I believe that this time around you are unable to change your vote, once you have voted.

In the last vote, there was a button that gave an option to change the vote, but this time, I don't see any such button that allows changing. 

I think that Theymos must have set up the vote NOT to allow changing of your vote once it is cast - and it seems as if the only way to change that ability is to rerun the whole poll, which seems to be a very highly unlikely proposition, at this point.

I haven't seen the code, but most probably a single field change directly in the database could enable the "reset vote" button without losing current votes. Anyway, even if it is something Theymos could easily do, if he has chosen to structure the poll like this, then that's how it is.

savetherainforest

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 12:02:14 AM

You don't need to worry, I can think without help.  And I am not thinking about 300 years ahead, or thinking there will be 'peace' either.  There won't. Not in our lifetimes.

I am thinking a little more short term: who will keep the WO going as I want to hope it can?

Meanwhile, I might take on a few neo-nazis that crawl out from under the stinking sludge as I pass along - but that is just because I have a teeny-weeny problem with the advocation of mass murder of men, women and children upon racial grounds.

Maybe that makes me weird.  But I am unable to respond differently.  I happen to stupidly believe all human life is valuable and everyone has a right to live unchained.  It is part of why I am into Bitcoin and the personal freedom it offers - whatever religion, or skin colour.

Exactly that will bring you to ruin and everyone else from the human race that prefers to think like that! We just don't need the likes of you!.. I'm not a racist, but I just don't like people that are weak in their ideals. Smiley

The brutal refusal of even thinking, suggests that you refuse even 1% effort to implement something that can impact 50% of your own or others future! Smiley ... That's just lazy and unworthy!  Roll Eyes
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 12:45:22 AM

Will you publish who voted for who again? I am not really familiar with some of these names to vote for them. I had hoped Jimbo would be a part of it.

I will declare a poll winner by considering who voted what, not just by counting votes.
How would you handle a situation with a large number of new accounts voting? The decision to consider 'who' voted is a step in the right direction, but I'm wondering how you would execute it if someone were to be leading by a large margin with e.g. such votes.

Lauda...

Beat it you tyrant... you kept deleting R0aches natzi posts... and that guy is pure gold entertainment!!! Smiley ... Do you think people come to these posts for speculation?? You are dead wrong!!! They come for entertainment!!! Smiley ... No one care who said what, when or maybe. Because 90% of the people with money from these posts don't listen to each other anyway! So its just simple chit chat between millionaires and billionaires that like to mock each other!!! Smiley

No matter who the moderator ends up being, I hope posts like R0ach's are allowed to stand. The thread will not be the same without the occasional Hitler/anti-jew meme pictures scattered about.

I think I just realized this thing is going to be a showdown between a crooked officer and an alt of cockroach. This is why democracy only works on really smart people.  Embarrassed

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
theymos (OP)
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12900

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 12:55:13 AM

It's possible to change your vote now.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 01:08:18 AM

as regards roach, i personally find his posts distateful, so for ages i just scrolled right past until eventually blocking him. seems to do the job, for him specifically, fine.

course i was always very much a fan of the hands off nature of the thread anyway. i mean, there have been way, way worse than roach, in my opinion. he at least sticks to a single account, as far as i am aware.

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: