Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:09:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obsidian ODN - CryptoCurrency & Secure Anonymous Messaging  (Read 92743 times)
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 08:20:48 AM

Not sure if the question makes sense, but is both the cryptocurrency transactions and the messages anonymous or only messaging?

Interesting question and it makes perfect sense. Meta data is still data which can be potentially problematic and with a blockchain structure as it is, there is no difficulty to associate who (or, more precisely, which address) contacted who.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iseoyar

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:05:19 PM

I have coins on HitBtc and I can not understand when I will receive the ODIN and where do I get new coins?
Developers generally can say something about the new coin?
1. When the fork?
2. Where will the new coins be credited?
3. What will happen with a coin?

Give accurate answers to simple questions!
andro hac

Activity: 574
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:12:21 AM

The dude had a chance to get an incredibly sweet deal. Be handed the ODN project with paid development team to assist him. And ALL as a sub contractor developer who never even completed his job of making a working messenger. In the history of lopsided sweet deals this one ranks very high. But instead he threw a fit and proceeded to be a dick. And also hamper the project and in turn harm all of the community CLAUS can get bent.
iseoyar

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:23:00 AM

Where does the creator of the coin look?
What's happening? In the world of thousands of developers, let them search for freelance websites. It is not difficult to find a development team if there is money.
The coin maker is that idiot?
iseoyar

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 06:41:14 PM

I have coins on HitBtc and I can not understand when I will receive the ODIN and where do I get new coins?
1. When the fork?

iseoyar

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:23:19 AM

Why does not the team answer questions?
When will the fork and be charged ODIN?
Che for fucking attitude to the holders of the tokens?
Anatolich

Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:01:33 PM

Why does not the team answer questions?
When will the fork and be charged ODIN?
Che for fucking attitude to the holders of the tokens?

It seems that they threw us.
But this is not so, rather a careless attitude. Either internal problems, often with all, I hope this band will pass, and then no one will even remember it.
Pelsjager

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:39:29 PM

Hey guys! A sincere apology for the lack of updates on this channel from our side, and an equally sincere thank you to andro hac for keeping you guys updated!

At the moment there's still a lot of work being done on the split between ODIN and ODN. However, after a long time of silence and lacking concreteness, we are -finally- extremely excited to share some of ODIN's core features with you in a tech sneak peek! Please have a look at our Medium post.

Also, here's the direct links to our social media channels:
Discord
Telegram
Reddit
Twitter
andro hac

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:59:27 AM

1. When the fork?

quote from the last announcement @everyone  "As we are getting close to finishing the work on ODIN and its long-awaited launch, we want to share some updates and a sneak peek.

Following setting up the masternode scheme and testing ongoing operation of multiple masternodes in parallel, we are doing final testing on the privacy features and block generation/reward.
On top of it we are tweaking the look and feel of the ODIN QT, providing you here with the first glimpse at the actual cold wallet, hopefully, we managed to blur out all the features we want to keep a secret until the big reveal at the launch. We are also adding some terminal screenshots for those of you who want to go down the rabbit hole and argue fearlessly about outlandish conjectures.."
indah001

Activity: 123

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:18:08 PM

yess man Time Back 5000 sats  Smiley
andro hac

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 04:12:40 AM
Merited by superquaid (1)

ODIN QT look very good Grin I like a lot of the innovations PIVX has for PoS, one of the reasons I’m stoked for ODIN
Seesaw is actually pretty smart.
andro hac

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:18:05 PM

Reasons for the split off from ODN, and  presents  Odin blockchain vision . Read the full announcement here:
https://medium.com/@odinblockchain/odin-onward-d8ca0878c8f1
superquaid

Activity: 103

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:29:32 PM

Thanks for posting that Andro! Here's the info.

In the following we’ll provide a brief overview for the reasons for the upcoming split, as well the vision of ODIN.

During the process of working on Obsidian, the team realised they were utilizing only a small fraction of the potential that was possible from our project. In addition, many new technologies emerged as this whole field continues to mature.

The former development team's strategy was to adapt a centralized, non-crypto/blockchain based messenger into a decentralized, crypto supporting and blockchain based secure messenger. However, it became crystal clear that the original Obsidian project could be expanded far, far beyond this limited objective.

We could become a complete open source, mobile based development platform ecosystem with a privacy mandate. One that was ideally placed to target decentralized blockchain projects in a unique, compelling human-centered way; an ecosystem which encapsulates all our core values.

These realizations coming to light, coupled with the several deficiencies encountered during audits on ODN, led us on this new path. One where we could fix all the mistakes from the past, and which would allow us to create a stronger, much more future-proof foundation.

Thus, Odin was born.

To work on this much larger scope, we have brought in a new Odin core development team that had a much greater understanding of our key issues and who are much more capable in accomplishing this expanded vision than Obsidian's original core team.

They have completely revised and redesigned the old system, and are implementing a much more robust, cohesive and agile blockchain which enables us to meet our expanded vision both in terms of quality as well as rate of progression.

They have put decentralization, the coin, the blockchain platform first, as to have a solid foundation for further applications and other software to be built upon.

We will therefore soon release ODIN which is a uniquely human-centered blockchain development platform, that will hold community at its core much more than what we originally could have envisioned.
However, the release of ODIN does not mean we will pull all support from ODN. As a chain started by OPL, we consider it our responsibility to keep it viable and alive. Therefore, as part of our commitment to the ODN community we will continue to provide support and improve on this chain as well.

-Pete
ttookk

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 09:25:40 PM

(…)

However, the release of ODIN does not mean we will pull all support from ODN. As a chain started by OPL, we consider it our responsibility to keep it viable and alive. Therefore, as part of our commitment to the ODN community we will continue to provide support and improve on this chain as well.

-Pete

...wait, that sounds like Obsidian is left aside to rot...? Or what am I missing here? Will there be an active team on Obisidian, or is it going to be a side project for the devs?
superquaid

Activity: 103

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 10:32:16 AM

Obsidian Platform is an organisation that created and continues to support both ODN and ODIN. Currently we are gearing up to launch the ODIN chain to the community and this is why the focus is more on ODIN right now. They are both projects with different merits and technologies that we have created, supported and will continue to support.
aenin2764

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 02:32:19 PM

Im curious about What are the specs of this coin? Couldn't find it. What is the POS?
ttookk

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:06:57 PM

Obsidian Platform is an organisation that created and continues to support both ODN and ODIN. Currently we are gearing up to launch the ODIN chain to the community and this is why the focus is more on ODIN right now. They are both projects with different merits and technologies that we have created, supported and will continue to support.

Ok, got it. But I thought, there were internal quarrels and you team somewhat split in two? Did that change? If you are now working on both projects as one team, does that mean you made up?
andro hac

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 03:10:59 AM

After long hours of designing and interfacing, team are thrilled to finally present you with barebones version of the official ODIN website! The website will be quickly evolving to its fuller form, but this beginning gives you further insight into the style and vision of the ODIN endeavor. Have a look at http://odin.ly/

Over time, relevant new pages will be added, such as:
-A team member page
-An idea show case page
-A developers section
-Wallet downloads
and so forth

To help you keep track, here are ODIN's social media links:
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/OdinBlockchain/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/odinblockchain
Telegram: https://t.me/ODINchain
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OdinBlockchain/
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/odinblockchain/

In celebration of the new ODIN website launch, and as a gesture of good will to the Obsidian and ODIN communities, the foundation wallets will not stake for the next 72 hours.
andro hac

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 04:58:46 AM

Odin Blockchain’s official website
https://medium.com/@odinblockchain/odin-blockchains-official-website-ed432a8ce528
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:39:26 AM

Thanks for posting that Andro! Here's the info.

In the following we’ll provide a brief overview for the reasons for the upcoming split, as well the vision of ODIN.

During the process of working on Obsidian, the team realised they were utilizing only a small fraction of the potential that was possible from our project. In addition, many new technologies emerged as this whole field continues to mature.

The former development team's strategy was to adapt a centralized, non-crypto/blockchain based messenger into a decentralized, crypto supporting and blockchain based secure messenger. However, it became crystal clear that the original Obsidian project could be expanded far, far beyond this limited objective.

We could become a complete open source, mobile based development platform ecosystem with a privacy mandate. One that was ideally placed to target decentralized blockchain projects in a unique, compelling human-centered way; an ecosystem which encapsulates all our core values.

These realizations coming to light, coupled with the several deficiencies encountered during audits on ODN, led us on this new path. One where we could fix all the mistakes from the past, and which would allow us to create a stronger, much more future-proof foundation.

Thus, Odin was born.

To work on this much larger scope, we have brought in a new Odin core development team that had a much greater understanding of our key issues and who are much more capable in accomplishing this expanded vision than Obsidian's original core team.

They have completely revised and redesigned the old system, and are implementing a much more robust, cohesive and agile blockchain which enables us to meet our expanded vision both in terms of quality as well as rate of progression.

They have put decentralization, the coin, the blockchain platform first, as to have a solid foundation for further applications and other software to be built upon.

We will therefore soon release ODIN which is a uniquely human-centered blockchain development platform, that will hold community at its core much more than what we originally could have envisioned.

-Pete

Thanks for the major update. I am curious to see  how all this turns out. I am following the discord channel and I really like the steady updates and the ongoing discussion with the community. Also the contests are a great way in my eyes to be in direct contact.

Is there any comparisons of major targets in regards of other competing projects? Since the split did in fact cost some time and it would be great to see how it is planned find the necessary and fitting niche
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 »
  Print  

Jump to: