Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 07:14:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would bitcoin help teach kids about saving?  (Read 14100 times)
MiF

Activity: 1344
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:45:48 AM

So I have 2 cousins. One of them doesn't save and is a huge spender while the other is a saver and spends only once a year. So would bitcoin be a good way to teach them about saving? Since, mining bitcoin is the only way to make alot of bitcoin, I would use a alt wallet to show them what happens if you spend and don't save. What do you think?

I believe it is a good thing in general to use as savings, but I don't know if it will necessarily teach kids about it.

Here is the thing - Bitcoin isn't easy to cash out yet. Sure, there are ways to do so within 24 hours, but not for children.

With that said, kids can give their parents money they want to save, or better yet parents can save 1 Bitcoin for their kids. Eventually, it will appreciate into a lot of money which can pay for their schooling, and help them start a family by the time they reach that age.
if the children as breeded to be saving they will save even if not bitcoin,and this is a mature thing because here in crypto they could earn more than their parents can if they lucky enough to make good trading or airdrop from then their mind can be full of chances of not going to school because they earning more than being employee.so better let the children play.let us teach them to save by the things they seeing on us parents

Yes bitcoin really helps teaching kids on how to save because bitcoin can really secure there future lives and Im pretty sure of it. It really helps because Bitcoin is there future money, Bitcoin is the source on gaining money. Right now we are in the technology era or should I say digital era that was really popular today and for the coming years. So I guess its not that bad to teach them bitcoin for them to know how to save.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Edrian

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:50:49 AM

So I have 2 cousins. One of them doesn't save and is a huge spender while the other is a saver and spends only once a year. So would bitcoin be a good way to teach them about saving? Since, mining bitcoin is the only way to make alot of bitcoin, I would use a alt wallet to show them what happens if you spend and don't save. What do you think?

Yes, I think its pretty good idea to educate them at a young age. Bitcoin is much complicated than real money but they will understand it if you explained to them very clearly, it will help them to understand not only how to save but also in investing their money to earn a profit. It is better to keep them ahead in terms of saving money and as I see bitcoin will going to be a great foundation to learn about simple economics.
lordquanta

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:38:45 PM

I think it depends on the kid if he/she prepared to learn how to have conserving using this bitcoin. Its helful for that kid and thier future and my boy's future as well. I'll teach them how to use this bitcoin.
In addition to that they will learn a thing about the how new revolutionary technologies have changed things in past. Thus they should look for those opportunities in future as well. Thinking out side the box and appreciating any idea which may be unconventional but has potential.
Indeed children will learn from the example of their father or mother or grandparents that because they purchased bitcoin and hold them long. This saving move helped them to garner a fortune over the period of time. Thus they will also learn and love to save.
In countries where saving is not seen as rather productive way of life, and most of people depend on debt based lifestyle like credit-cards will find it difficult to realize the gravity.
entebah

Activity: 1542
Merit: 153

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:58:41 PM

Too complicated if children should be given knowledge about Bitcoin, and too dangerous.
mistakes can be done by children, and it can not be forgiven.
I am afraid we will lose our Bitcoin by involving children. let them enjoy the world.
mylyn2327

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:00:40 AM

Well I think Bitcoin won't be a big help for a kid to learn to save money. Bitcoin is not a factor. A factor to kid's saving money is his control to the money. He should be wise enough on how to use the money properly. Use it for good purposes not on luxuries or desires.
I think so, we should teach kids using fiat on how they can manage the allowance given to them. It is more accurate if we teach them first with money on their hand not digital currency. On how they should used it wisely and also by teaching them the importance of saving it. By teaching them that money is hard to find and also by telling them that we should work for us to have money. And if kids know it, i know they would give importance in saving it.
landolazaro

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:08:56 AM

I think teaching bitcoin to kids is not a good idea. You will have a hard time teaching that kind of topic to them because they will not pay attention to you. Kids only want to play and have fun with theirselves and the idea of bitcoin is very complicated for them. Maybe some of the kids will listen but most of them will not.
zhea

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:38:09 AM

For me i think it's a good way to teach kids about saving. If it's a good way of saving, as a parent one of the most important thing that kids should know at their very early age is on how to balance their saving and spending ability. 
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:03:39 AM

Bitcoin will surely help kids learn about savings, if they understand the importance and the value of bitcoin surely kids at some point tend to know about bitcoin. What they learn will help them lifelong, because probably the future functioning will entirely have dependence upon bitcoin and blockchain technology.

voztata

Activity: 998
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 06:13:25 AM

There's two dinctive paths in which I will make clear a number of them. When we start researching bitcoin in junior classes att time kids will figure out how to extra money. When we start displaying bitcoin in optional classes then teenager will figure out how to spare cash for long term. As indicated by these two methods we must constrain our understanding framework that they have to show us these things.sti tha
I believe it will be able to teach them how to save money, and not just how to save money but also how to make Investment in future. As of now, I would say there is no need to get them into bitcoin, just give them the normal practice. Bitcoin is what they can decide to do later in life when there matured. As of now, they’re still growing up and have to be more serious with their school. They should be learning how to read, write and speak and not Bitcoin.
jakoylantern

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 07:32:18 AM

For me, yes it would help kids to learn and understand about saving money. As a student and young age, bitcoin teach me about the importance of protecting or saving money and gain wealth. By trying bitcoin, I learn a lot of things, and I also learn to earn money on my own.  Smiley
julzcoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 07:43:29 AM

I think teaching bitcoin to kids is not a good idea. You will have a hard time teaching that kind of topic to them because they will not pay attention to you. Kids only want to play and have fun with theirselves and the idea of bitcoin is very complicated for them. Maybe some of the kids will listen but most of them will not.

I totally agree! Bitcoin is really complicated and teaching bitcoin to kids is not that easy. I myself had a hard time about how bitcoin works and how will I make money out of it, how much more to kids. Even if you educate them, kids won't still pay attention as they'll just find it boring. It is nice to teach kids about saving. Actually, there are a lot of ways on how to teach kids about saving but not with bitcoin. Bitcoin can't help kids teach about saving. Let kids be kids. Let them enjoy their life as a kid.
John777

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 07:46:42 AM

And it seems to me in the course of time they will understand what they need and more important. And to do everything for them, then they never need to think with their own heads and will always wait for clues.

kateryana81

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:29:26 AM

Indeed because they can save for their long term by doing this and i believe it can benefit them a lot in their long term if their life fail but i would not suggest understanding them to spend but simply understanding these to save this way they can not invest their bitcoins on games and things.
Bitcoin is just a form in which someone can save his money but it is not something that can teach others saving.  The habit of saving or thinking about future is something that parents or teachers can develop in kids.  Once they understand its importance, and we can introduce crypto currency to them. It is the duty of elders to help youngsters in making their lives. Saving in Bitcoin is the best thing that parents can do to their children.
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:37:47 AM

Indeed because they can save for their long term by doing this and i believe it can benefit them a lot in their long term if their life fail but i would not suggest understanding them to spend but simply understanding these to save this way they can not invest their bitcoins on games and things.
Bitcoin is just a form in which someone can save his money but it is not something that can teach others saving.  The habit of saving or thinking about future is something that parents or teachers can develop in kids.  Once they understand its importance, and we can introduce crypto currency to them. It is the duty of elders to help youngsters in making their lives. Saving in Bitcoin is the best thing that parents can do to their children.

Yes, you may do so. But you have to remember that saving can ALSO be learnt elsewhere. Otherwise stated, doing Bitcoin is not the only way to help children know the value of saving.

As for me, I think saving and investing should be taught as early as possible by way of example. It does not come overnight; it comes when there is a solid ground to rely onto. Hence, with Bitcoin or not, everything can be taught. You just have to be creative as you are dealing with such fragile minds and innocent personalities.
android17

Activity: 259
Merit: 76

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:47:07 AM

I think it is somehow effective, given the fact that we are now in the digital age. It is much reasonable compared on the other stuffs where they spend their money. It is a good start especially for the kids because they will learn to save and value money as they grow older. We must accept the fact that technology surrounds our lives today .

▬[  dClinic.io  ]▬  
▌ A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain  ▌
▬▬  PRE SALE ENDS 15th OCTOBER▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
Noesly

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:19:41 AM

In my opinion,most of the youth are entertain by various online games, social media and so on,for me its better to teach them to teach kids about savings  to bitcoin to accumulated with bitcoins so they can expect their future,at least for it comes to know and learned to save money with bitcoin.

│  D E C E N T  │      Blockchain Content Distribution Platform.                                                 ( ( (   Join Our TELEGRAM   ) ) )                                                              
            D C o r e              _ Blockchain you can actually build on.
warunacrypto

Activity: 46

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:39:43 AM

i dont think so because children cant teach if younger people can teach this things and they can save bitcoin and other altcoin. if the save e-money when they growth these people can save lot of money and it will help them to future carrier.
KSCTeam

Activity: 23

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:53:17 AM

I do not think bitcoin is a way for kids to learn to save. As the value of it grows and the desires of the kids make bitcoins become toys  Grin Grin Grin Grin
laravuemaster

Activity: 378

When Football meets Crypto

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:09:19 PM

Yes they will. This kids will save their money if they know the value of money and how hard to earn this money's that came from their parents. In my opinion it is right that we should teach our kids about bitcoins as early as today.

Bestpromoter

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:12:31 PM

yes for sure the bitcoin will help not only kids but for all people because the bitcoin price until now is increasing we all know that if we not save some money right now or bitcoin we will just regret in the future. kids will know about it too for sure.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: