Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 04:56:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would bitcoin help teach kids about saving?  (Read 14100 times)
Cloud27

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 03:41:48 AM

It is cool to teach them now about bitcoin savings, You can teach them a different type of savings through piggy bank, traditional bank and emerging bitcoin. It will teach them what savings will earn much through time, why we save and how they are saved. We have now a new player. Our kids now are different from kids of yesterday.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
King Sastro

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 05:16:44 AM

I'm happy with bitcoin, this is the modern era of saving money, I teach to teach for saving money in bitcoin, it's easy, just create a wallet and go to the exchanger to buy and then transfer to the bitcoin wallet then we are saving.

PRIMEXCOIN
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Jako0203

Activity: 252
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 05:28:30 AM

yes ofcourse , specially to those kids who waste their money , they will know how hard it is to get the money they had , or how hard to get atleast a single bitcoin , and if the time comes that they got their first btc they will know how to save it
Schuyler

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 05:45:08 AM

It might be too early to tell kids about bitcoin, especially if they still don’t fully grasp the ideas of money and its workings. And because bitcoin is an speculative instrument, some precaution should be taken with it. I think introducing something to kids should be done slowly and in such a way that they wouldn’t get so confused and abandon the idea altogether.
sofi@

Activity: 238
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 08:15:04 AM

The idea of saving bitcoin is good but only for those grown ups who can actually understand the inflation/deflation of currency, for a kids to learn about it I think that would be hard. Better teach them to spend wisely and save on their piggy banks

hurain

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 02:05:56 PM

The idea of saving bitcoin is good but only for those grown ups who can actually understand the inflation/deflation of currency, for a kids to learn about it I think that would be hard. Better teach them to spend wisely and save on their piggy banks
i think kids do not have any reason to save money or bitcoin. they are supporting by their parents and their parents are responsible about their education and livelihood therefore they should only give preference to their education and not to save money.
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 02:15:04 PM

i think kids do not have any reason to save money or bitcoin. they are supporting by their parents and their parents are responsible about their education and livelihood therefore they should only give preference to their education and not to save money.
Agreed to some extent, because whats been taught to the kids at the early days will make the kid live with good habits for a long time. So in the early stage teaching about the saving habits is good and there is no need of bitcoin or something else to teach them how to start saving. Not only with mone saving is possible with anything.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
deejhay

Activity: 119

for future

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 03:49:12 PM

before that, i think its better if they first learn how hard it is to earn. when they fully understand that earning is lot harder than spending then they can take their first step in saving and thats where you introduce them bitcoin.

DrGuns4Hands

Activity: 910
Merit: 550

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 04:01:35 PM

yep i defenitely recommend bitcoin to teach kids on saving money. you must tell them everything about bitcoin how it works and how they can earn money even they're little putting their money on bitcoin is a huge thing for them because they're already investing with that case because when they grow they will have a lots of money in bitcoin because bitcoin is made to grow not to deplete.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 09:12:41 PM

So I have 2 cousins. One of them doesn't save and is a huge spender while the other is a saver and spends only once a year. So would bitcoin be a good way to teach them about saving? Since, mining bitcoin is the only way to make alot of bitcoin, I would use a alt wallet to show them what happens if you spend and don't save. What do you think?
It is better to teach them about saving with something they do understand than to try to use bitcoin for it, use cash instead, for example you could give them a dollar and tell to them that if they keep it for a week you are going to give them another dollar.
colossus

Activity: 121

Obey me and live or disobey and die.

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 09:12:54 PM

I think, you are teaching your cousins a good thing. They will be able to earn money and understand its worth. Great pedagogical job  Tongue
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 01:01:05 AM

yep i defenitely recommend bitcoin to teach kids on saving money. you must tell them everything about bitcoin how it works and how they can earn money even they're little putting their money on bitcoin is a huge thing for them because they're already investing with that case because when they grow they will have a lots of money in bitcoin because bitcoin is made to grow not to deplete.

Teaching them about Bitcoin is one thing. Showing them how to earn bitcoins is another. I am all for educating kids on Bitcoin, but they shouldn't spend their time on faucets and signature campaigns.

aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 04:47:46 AM

Well ,.. bitcoin is complicated things since they must know about internet and money basic knowledge
Let say make example that bitcoin is a gold that are not in physical form but digital form so it can't be touch but it can be own
But I think it's not good idea to teach kids about saving using bitcoin since bitcoin also risky market
Correct, bitcoin is already complicated as it is and then people want to impart life lessons above it, that is simply a bad idea, use fiat for that, fiat has been used by almost anyone even kids know how to spend a dollar, so that is a better toll to teach people about saving.
ArIMy11

Activity: 519
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 06:43:28 AM

So I have 2 cousins. One of them doesn't save and is a huge spender while the other is a saver and spends only once a year. So would bitcoin be a good way to teach them about saving? Since, mining bitcoin is the only way to make alot of bitcoin, I would use a alt wallet to show them what happens if you spend and don't save. What do you think?
Yes maybe it was a good thing to do for your 2 cousins. At their early stage teach them how to save money and the important of it. It could lead them in the future how to manage their money well. But using bitcoin as the reference I think it will be complicated especially with their early mindset.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC        SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
Yesiknow

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 06:58:11 AM

Hi, CrapZ23!
  I not only think Bitcoin can teach how to save money, to a child, but they
Will also learn how the value of currency can change. Something
Like a global currency like bitcoin SHOULD be learned by children, but
Only when they are old enough to learn about it.

If your child is old enough, they may even understand
how truly enabling this tech. is. And they WILL need
to learn more about tech than we need to.
Bunsomjelican

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 07:56:39 AM

Yes, it is!  Bitcoin actually can be a better way for them to save money for the future.
Educate them in a simple and very basic methods about in bitcoin. And the best things I saw which I think is good
was trading lesson were they're gonna buy altcoin then hold in a long term.
NS-Soul

Activity: 497
Merit: 110

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 09:59:30 AM

You may try that since nothing will be loss .In my experience in my own experience my sister always keep on spending money all the time and i tried to teach her but he doesn't even she have the money bitcoins is not worth for her .My conclusion is if a person really spends all the money and greedy to buy things bitcoins is nonsense for them

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 10:07:15 AM

Yes I think you idea will help your cousins to be a good spender and well versed with financial matters.  Actually since I knew bitcoin I learned that it is best to keep and save money for you to be able to get what you want in the future.  Before I was like always buying things that I want and left me empty.  All my salary just went to things that in the end I really do not need.  Since making and earning bitcoin, I learned to keep them and wait for the right time for it value to grow.  And since I am keeping track of the bitcoin I earned and see how it grows, I do not spend them.  I love seeing it to grow.
Hasbro27

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 04:06:32 PM

Maybe we should teach children to save, and explain to them the benefits of saving for their future, if they are adults can enjoy the benefits of saving.
CryptoGeneral

Activity: 219
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2017, 04:21:07 PM

Yes, you can use bitcoin to teach children saving. But what is the benefit in doing so? You could place a cake in the fridge and tell your children that they only get one slice a day. Or you can show them the advantage to save their allowance. Both would be a lesson about saving, but still it would exclude bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: