Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:30:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would bitcoin help teach kids about saving?  (Read 14100 times)
rocketbits

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:07:15 PM

With regards to savings, i don't believe bitcoin can help parents to teach children about cost savings.  The reason for this is that, Bitcoin or money does not make a difference if parents implement savings teachings for their kids.  It can be the environment that kids had when it is expanding.  Keep in mind, Bitcoin will and can by no means speak.  It can be those who apply it to how they will use it.
You are pretty okay regarding this. It is really not easy to teach kids about the importance of money and how to save it. They are totally dependent on their parents for expenditures etc. kids are really not in state of understanding the importance of money unless and unless they go through some great financial problems with their parents. Bitcoin will be good to teach teenagers the value of money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1327

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:45:50 PM

So I have 2 cousins. One of them doesn't save and is a huge spender while the other is a saver and spends only once a year. So would bitcoin be a good way to teach them about saving? Since, mining bitcoin is the only way to make alot of bitcoin, I would use a alt wallet to show them what happens if you spend and don't save. What do you think?

yeah maybe we can give understanding to the children about the benefits and advantages of saving with bitcoin as an example

But it's still complicated for them to learn how to use internet + money.
They should learn from how to use fiat wisely and then step by step , they will figure it out how to use bitcoin in proper way
Before trying to teach I think it is important that we understand the concept better ourselves, how many people in the forum took the time to read satoshi's whitepaper? How many people have taken the time to read some books about economics? So before trying to teach we need to learn the subject better ourselves so we can explain to other people why bitcoin is better than fiat.
Klestar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:15:56 AM

So I have 2 cousins. One of them doesn't save and is a huge spender while the other is a saver and spends only once a year. So would bitcoin be a good way to teach them about saving? Since, mining bitcoin is the only way to make alot of bitcoin, I would use a alt wallet to show them what happens if you spend and don't save. What do you think?
Orcourse because of bitcoin many kids will teached to save their money because of you save your money in bitcoin for your futuure there is no doubt that it will doubled or triple or maybe you'll become rich even your'e too young. Smiley
charmaine08

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:20:28 AM

Yes it is , and also it can help on children to learn about investment ..
hritevanz

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:34:16 AM

I would say yes for that as long as they are not minor you can teach them about bitcoins because we all know the advantage of saving it. Showing them what will happen when you save bitcoins based on your experience for sure will encourage them to do the same thing like yours because it's like a gold value that increase day by day.
rainmaximo

Activity: 175

E-Commerce For Blockchain Era

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:31:40 AM

Actually is a yes to your question. Its a big help for the kids at their young age to teach them how to save money for the future needs. At the young age teaching them how the bitcoins work thats why there spare time will be more productive and they will also teach them how to be hardworking and that the young age they will know the importance of saving money at the young age.

▬▬▬[Storweey ]▬▬▬
  █████  E-Commerce For Blockchain Era ███████
▬▬▬● Telegram   ★★   whitepaper  ★FacebookTwitter  ●▬▬▬
MiF

Activity: 1344
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:58:19 AM

Orcourse because of bitcoin many kids will teached to save their money because of you save your money in bitcoin for your futuure there is no doubt that it will doubled or triple or maybe you'll become rich even your'e too young. Smiley

I really do agree that bitcoin really do help kids teach on saving money. Because like us bitcoin help us teach saving too so I guess it was really good if kids also know this. But make sure if you really want thwm to know then teach them step by step for them to not experience difficulties just like me when my first time work in here. it really need to gather any information first before you teach kids for them to understand it.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

vibingpositively

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:08:06 PM

It is an innovative way of teaching young kids about finance but honestly I really really like it. Not only are you teaching them the gift of saving but at the same time you are introducing them to something that I think will still be here 10 years from now and when they are ready they can invest for themselves. Needless to say the experience when younger will be worth all the time spent.

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
magmar

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:35:13 PM

I think no especially kids? It depends on how they been treated by their parents or guardians. Maybe those kids which are your cousins are born rich and always been spoiled by their parents and because of that they will be used to it and it will come to a point that they will never save anymore because their mindset us their parents are rich so nothing to save about. Bitcoins is q complicated thing for kids maybe they will never pay attention in this thus because they are kids not unless they are a teenager that will do, but not all.
cheann20

Activity: 344
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:19:36 AM

Bitcoin can teach children to save. I was wondering if it was not too early to introduce bitcoin to a child. But I feel bitcoin can train patience for children because following bitcoin is a long process. And the results will be very satisfying when we focus on bitcoin

Bitcoin can be a way of saving but not intended for kids. Maybe if they already reach the right age it can be explained to them but not now, there have a right time. If they know the value of money and how hard to earn this money's that came from their parents. In my opinion it is right that we should teach our kids about bitcoins as early.
MOTHIT

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:32:30 AM

Teaching kids about saving is a great thing it is very difficult to make them understand what is savings. About bitcoin I don't think that kids can understand how to handle / use the cryptocurrency, practically and logically saying it is not possible for kids to teach saving in bitcoin is my opinion.

Faxmate

Activity: 1071
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:28:32 PM

yeah,that's correct.bitcoin will help and teach them how to save especially if you have a extramoney,and bitcoin is the best way to teach them how to save money.while they are stil kids we  teach them how to save money and it is not bad to know them about bitcoin.
it’s a very good idea because in some schools bitcoin is going to tech and they are going to take advantage from it and I’m sure that other schools will also start to tech bitcoin in school and japan was the first country who start teaching in school because if these kids start saving so I’m sure bitcoin will help them in future because in coming time education is also going very expansive so it can support them and it will be easy for them to enjoy their life.
chromosomes

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:20:07 PM

I think you don't really need to use bitcoin to teach them about saving. Use practical things that can be observed in their surroundings so they can easily adapt it in their living. If they will be introduced to bitcoin at a young age, there is a possi ility that they won't take it seriously; besides, not all people are using it now so they may be confused at what is bitcoin all about.

center]DRIFE      Pre-sale: December 2018
████ BNEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ████
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●●  [/center]
setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:43:30 AM

There's two dinctive paths in which I will make clear a number of them. When we start researching bitcoin in junior classes att time kids will figure out how to extra money. When we start displaying bitcoin in optional classes then teenager will figure out how to spare cash for long term. As indicated by these two methods we must constrain our understanding framework that they have to show us these things.sti tha
Yes, It is not easy for kids to understand how these digital currencies work, though kids now are very much into digital apps and gadgets but still they don’t have sense of importance of money. They don’t understand how hard it is to earn money in a world full of competition.

Bitcoin is indeed the future of the world but it is wise to teach kids the importance of bitcoin or money step by step. Overflow of information is not good.
zaenulvaro

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:49:59 AM

Yes and about Investment to, for their future
iconicavs

Activity: 182

Business Driven CryptoCurrency based on Assest

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:00:42 AM

I guess so. Not only the other cousin would learn how to save but also learn how to work hard. Being engaged in bitcoin means they must have a good time management and enough knowledge.

acener

Activity: 1274
Merit: 115

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:10:06 PM

I think bitcoin teaches kids to keep holding on what they have such as money, until one day it would becomes really or more valuable to them. The same with bitcoin being volatile, so there's a chance for it's value to grow. The same with kids' toys, whereby they need to take care of it, so that one day they can either sell it for being vintage.

lol1yatme

Activity: 200

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:58:28 PM

yes if they can take good estimate aboout bitcoin ,then can change her lige and support her family.So donot waste time try  to improve their knowledge and saving bitcoin or other alcoin
That is right I do not think that bitcoin teaching can be helpful for children for saving bitcoin, In fact they do not have such an easy access to bitcoin, as they can get only fiat from their parents but they will never give bitcoin to them for shopping for buying something. Or as pocket money, because there is no such common use of bitcoin in our local area and I think that it will take a lot of time when all the people of the world will start using bitcoin.
sheryl26

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 02:29:17 AM

I think no, they are just a kid and maybe they cannot understand yet the bitcoins and some kids need a proper discipline and not an inpiration and besides even those elders cannot even understand bitcoins they always think that this is a threat in their country in their people but its not bitcoins are just an independent currency government has nothing to do with. But for me this is the right time to open up bitcoins to the children to become their inspiration and maybe some of them will save and some of them will not at least they will learn from it.
nagatraju

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:27:02 AM

I don't think that it is necessary for children...it is probably necessary to teach them the basics of cryptocurrency and the treatment with it at school age, but no more than
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: