Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:38:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 107 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ♬ Opus - Beta-Ready Decentralized Music Sharing; Running on IPFS and ETH ♬  (Read 108559 times)
julerz12 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1105

Telegram: @julerz12

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 01:35:51 AM

UPDATES:
To all participants of the Opus Signature Campaign,
Kindly Update your signature codes based on your ranks.
(Fixed some few missing links)
Also, Please wear the correct Personal Text
(Check on the Bounty OP)

In addition, we have announced Community manager information on the Bounty thread HERE.
Please do check it out and apply!
We will be reviewing applications end of
July 11 - morning of July 12

Keep tuned for the Presale as well on July 14!

Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rabeh boukhnona

Activity: 383
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 01:45:20 AM

i like the idea! to be honest i like every think about music Grin, and i will support this awesome project with social media and signature campaign.

good luck   Smiley
Opusfoundation

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

Opus; Music decentralized. Crowdsale LIVE!

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 02:14:43 AM

i like the idea! to be honest i like every think about music Grin, and i will support this awesome project with social media and signature campaign.

good luck   Smiley

Haha we hope you will keep supporting us as we try to tackle the mainstream audience.
This is where, we believe, blockchain applications are the most interesting!
EastBirth

Activity: 75

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 02:39:13 AM

When we stream music how does the payment work ? Would I pay for the songs ? Do I have access to a certain amount each month/week ?

Like steem for music ?

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Opusfoundation

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 03:42:17 AM

When we stream music how does the payment work ? Would I pay for the songs ? Do I have access to a certain amount each month/week ?

Like steem for music ?

Opus is not your traditional streaming service. On opus artists can list their tracks for sale. Once you purchase the decryption key to your smart contract, you can read it from the contract forever.

So this is up to the artist. If the artist wishes to allow more people to listen to their songs they could for example list the price as 0.003 OPT. We have designed with playlists in mind with the Directory layer on IPFS, and so "streaming" playlists with cheaper songs will appear if the artist wishes the adopt the streaming model. Although that is usually worse for the music community.

And ofcourse if the artists wishes he can list a price of 0 and allow people to listen to the tracks for free. ( And to gain publicity)

xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 04:20:44 AM

Joined the bounty campaign. Question: how does this project compare with other music related projects such as Voise, MUSE, etc?

ardentvolcanoes

Activity: 1036

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 04:22:24 AM

I'm done changing my signature codes and add the avatar and personal text hope that I can be qualified for this weeks stake, glad to support
your project and wishing all the best for a great success.
zaisha

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 05:01:16 AM

I was very excited to see this item because I was a Chinese, and the cto of my project was also a Chinese, which made me very happy. Smiley
YIz

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 05:07:52 AM

Joined the signature campaign. Let's go Opus! bring the power back to the artists.
tanmao

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 09:08:13 AM

I have joining bounty campaign, Keep up the good work, im looking forward for the success of this project!  ;)Refueling.
Opusfoundation

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 10:24:02 AM

Joined the bounty campaign. Question: how does this project compare with other music related projects such as Voise, MUSE, etc?

To answer the Voise question I will quote my previous answer

Voise VSM recently had their ICO and it is quite a success they are also a decentralized music streaming/sharing platform,

What could be the difference/advantages of Opus to them and other music related crypto?

Sorry to say this, but to call Voise VSM a decentralized music sharing platform is completely incorrect; They they store everything on their central server.

1.Voise raised their money with no product.
Opus is 3 steps ahead. We raised a round of VC funding this January, and now we have a working beta and a demonstrable product.

2. Voise, Is simply a coin that can only be used on their website. That's it
Opus is an entire music sharing infrastructure. We use IPFS and Ethereum such that all songs and metadata data are stored decentrally and rapidly on the IPFS swarm and Ethereum.
We are also going to release APIs for third party player developers to create their own Opus players, ensuring decentralize in every aspect of the stack.

If you have more questions regarding the technical development, check our Github or ask us on our slack: http://slack.opus-foundation.org/

As for Muse, I'm not too familiar with the technical details but it appears what they are doing is kind of a registry (Think ISNB) where artists can register their music. We are a music service platform including storage of music tracks and value stransfer.
Actually we are already planning a system similar to Muse's (UMRN) where artists can register their music.  You can read more about this in our whitepaper. http://opus-foundation.org/whitepaper.pdf

I was very excited to see this item because I was a Chinese, and the cto of my project was also a Chinese, which made me very happy. Smiley

Haha, so you were chinese? What happened. Anyways we plan to use this to our advantage and expand into the fresh chinese market (Which doesn't have a streaming service like Spotify right now)
Opusfoundation

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 10:48:04 AM

Also I would like to point out that we have community manager positions current open and we have only recieved 2-3 request. Do check it out on the bounty thread (In miscellaneous)
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 11:45:21 AM
Last edit: July 11, 2017, 11:59:32 AM by hase0278

Haha, so you were chinese? What happened. Anyways we plan to use this to our advantage and expand into the fresh chinese market (Which doesn't have a streaming service like Spotify right now)
I also like the idea because it is unique and it already has a working product already at it's disposal before even having token presale. It is rare for an ICO to already have a working product even before ICO. So what actually made OPUS different than other streaming services like Spotify besides it being uncensored, decentralized and free?
georgehuang

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 11:48:36 AM

Fully decentralized music streaming built using IPFS and Ethereum
that is very interesting idea
xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 12:42:56 PM

To answer the Voise question I will quote my previous answer

Voise VSM recently had their ICO and it is quite a success they are also a decentralized music streaming/sharing platform,

What could be the difference/advantages of Opus to them and other music related crypto?

Sorry to say this, but to call Voise VSM a decentralized music sharing platform is completely incorrect; They they store everything on their central server.

1.Voise raised their money with no product.
Opus is 3 steps ahead. We raised a round of VC funding this January, and now we have a working beta and a demonstrable product.

2. Voise, Is simply a coin that can only be used on their website. That's it
Opus is an entire music sharing infrastructure. We use IPFS and Ethereum such that all songs and metadata data are stored decentrally and rapidly on the IPFS swarm and Ethereum.
We are also going to release APIs for third party player developers to create their own Opus players, ensuring decentralize in every aspect of the stack.

If you have more questions regarding the technical development, check our Github or ask us on our slack: http://slack.opus-foundation.org/

As for Muse, I'm not too familiar with the technical details but it appears what they are doing is kind of a registry (Think ISNB) where artists can register their music. We are a music service platform including storage of music tracks and value stransfer.
Actually we are already planning a system similar to Muse's (UMRN) where artists can register their music.  You can read more about this in our whitepaper. http://opus-foundation.org/whitepaper.pdf

Thank you for the detailed answer. After browsing the whitepaper, I find that this is definitely a project with huge potential.

sergiorus

Activity: 840
Merit: 262

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 01:18:02 PM

Hello guys, joined Twitter and FB campaigns, wish you good luck
julerz12 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1105

Telegram: @julerz12

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 01:22:26 PM

I see large sites like coinmarketcap or ethscan appear to have this currency. You are very focused on advertising and marketing. I hope in the future the project will develop and attract large investors. I will monitor this market more

From the words of Mateusz Mach [COO of Opus Foundation] (Slack Discussion):
On July 13th you will see our baners on conmarketcap
Because of the fact that the pre-exclusive and it last only one week we want to announce the info quite late.

Also regarding the inquiries about listing on exchanges
speaking about exchanges
Poloniex and Shapeshift
Trading will be available after the crowdsale

As you guys can see, the team behind Opus is very much prepared in terms of marketing and development.
Which would really tell us that Opus projects is geared towards nothing but success! Cheesy

Join the Discussion on Slack: HERE

sossygirl

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 01:42:40 PM

awesome project dev Smiley i have joined in signature and Slack Smiley im also thinking in participating in upcoming crowdsale Smiley this project will have great success!
pooh95

Activity: 588
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 02:07:58 PM

Not the first with music, but an interesting topic

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 02:09:58 PM

Not the first with music, but an interesting topic
totally agree with you . very interesting project . i think that is a good project worth to invest
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 107 »
  Print  

Jump to: