Bitcoin Forum
August 24, 2017, 05:24:28 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.14.2  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ♬ Opus - Beta-Ready Decentralized Music Sharing; Running on IPFS and ETH ♬  (Read 38897 times)
julerz12

Activity: 126

Filipino Translator | See My Website for INFO

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 02:48:00 PM

NOTE: I am posting this thread on behalf of the opus team and I would  like to say that I do believe the product they have created and it has true potential to completely disrupt the music industry; Unlike 95% of projects on Bitcointalk, they have a working beta, a great team, and a physical office.

_______________________________________________________________________________ __________
    Introducing Opus  
    _______________________________________________________________________________ __________________________________

Fully decentralized music streaming built using IPFS and Ethereum

_______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________

Website   |   Whitepaper   |   Beta   |   Team   |   Github  
    |   Slack   |   Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Telegram   |   Reddit  
    _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________

Opus is a decentralized music-sharing platform that tackles the issue of music ownership and sharing at an infrastructure and protocol level. Leveraging the speed and redundancy of a novel Interplanetary FileSystem, IPFS, Opus can scale and deliver thousands of tracks per second in a fully decentralized manner.

This throughput is achieved by encrypting music tracks on the fly and storing the encrypted music files permanently on the IPFS swarm. Only the decryption keys, and file hashes, are saved immutably on the Opus smart contract. By only storing the decryption keys and reference hashes, we can facilitate a number of novel features such as file ownership, trade, and full decentralization. With Opus, artists can monetize their content by selling permanent access to their IPFS music files and decryption keys directly to a fan’s Ethereum contract, without any middleman. With additional application layers, Opus music players introduce a novel way for users to maintain ownership of music tracks they played across different players and different continents.

As everything is transparently stored in the Opus smart contract, we will also facilitate additional governance mechanisms such as a Opus DAO (Decentralized Autonomous Organization) treasury funded from a small percentage of each sale, and an artist bounty system that allows artists to pay a small amount for people to share their tracks. The possibilities are endless

The music industry is a rapidly growing industry. In fact, the music industry generated $42.9Bn in revenue in 2016. At the same time, we have observed a decrease in artist's revenue.  Something is wrong.

1. Fees. Streaming platforms such as Spotify, Deezer , and Apple Music take up to 80% of artist’s revenue, and while larger artists can accept it, small artists are often unable to make a living from music streaming

2. Fragmentation. With streaming services competing for exclusive deals and fragmenting the music industry, fans often have to struggle between numerous different platforms just to listen to their favorite artists

3. Playlist makers are also not compensated at all for the hard work they put into creating well-crafted playlists that, experts say, drives most of the growth in the online streaming industry.

4. Censorship and legislation that restricts a global audience. In fact Spotify and apple are not available in over 120 countries due to mass bureaucracy.

We do not deny that in an ideal world a central server could potentially overcome challenges such as not taking exorbitant commissions from artists. In fact, this would be an easy route. However it's impossible in practice because of greed and shareholder pressure. If only there was a way to ensure prices are permanent from inception that is efficient and yet user friendly...

Made up of researchers, computer scientists and engineers, our team's main focus is on the technological side of the platform.

Opus technology overview

Opus runs on a novel 4 layer stack that ensures fully decentralization and anti-censorship with minimum latency.

▶ Application layer. This is the top layer where the Opus API interacts with various 3rd party players to decode and deliver music tracks.

▶ Logic layer. This layer, is a system of smart contracts running on the Ethereum blockchain. On this layer, resides the user contract which stores each user’s decryption keys, reference file hashes to the IPFS storage, and the business logic that handles transactions.

▶ Directory layer. While each track has it's permanent IPFS hash, the directory layer is a JSON database that stores all the Hashes of tracks available on the Opus network.

▶ Storage layer. Due to gas constraints, we store all the tracks on the IPFS network. This ensures that songs are available permanently, decentrally and with low latency.

For more in-depth information about the technology behind Opus, please check out our white paper below.
    All of our code is open-sourced. If you're a developer please check out our Github here:

Blockchain startups are only as good as the team behind them. The Opus team, backed by VC funding, and situated on Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi, has a strong sense of community. We are all geeks and programmers at heart and we love to explore different avenues of development. Our Philisophy is simple "Work Hard, Play hard", and with that in mind, I would like to introduce you to the team driving the development behind Opus.

Read more about the team on the website

Why use Opus compared to other streaming services?

Enough talk! You can check out our working Demo below. It's running on the Rinkeby testnet. Note: There are two demos, Basic and Advanced. The basic demo simulates the feel of the advanced demo without requiring Metamask or Mist.

If you wish to test the advanced demo, you need to install Mist or Metamask and switch to the Rinkeby testnet. Purchasing songs on the blockchain takes approximately 15 seconds but playing back songs from your contract is instant. If you run out of test OPT, you can request more from our contract.

Why crowdfunding?
    Our ultimate goal is to build a scalable and fully decentralized music player that will revolutionize the mainstream music industry.

While the Opus team did receive a seed round of funding in December 2016, the Opus foundation will reject additional VC and series A funding because our core philosophy is to decentralize and bring power back to the artists and fans. Having shareholders not only alters the incentives of the Opus foundation but also causes unnecessary centralization of our platform. We would like to dictate the direction of Opus.

We want to make the crowd sale process as fair to all participants as possible. However, we also don’t wish to collect unnecessary amounts of money and so we will be implementing a hard cap at around $20MM. To ensure decentralization, we will also be limiting the amount of donation received from each address to 1000 ETH + 1% of the total supply.

What makes OPT have value?

▶ The supply of tokens. The OPT supply is inherently deflationary with a burning treasury fund. This means that as time passes, each individual OPT token will become more and more valuable.

▶ The underlying music sold on the platform. Opus token are effectively linked by the value of the songs sold on the Opus platform. The more songs that are sold, the greater the value of the network and with a deflationary supply, will mean increased OPT valuations.

▶ The ability to vote on the OpusDAO. Important marketing and development decisions are made by the Opus DAO which is voted on every month. Each vote is weighted by the number of OPT the voter holds, having more OPT will enable you to have a greater say on the direction of the Opus project

▶Pre-Crowdsale release July 14th
    ▶Ends on July 21st
    ▶"Angel Funders" phase1 July 22nd (Planned)
    ▶"Early bird" phase2 July 29nd (Planned)
    ▶"Standard phase" phase3 August 5th (Planned)
    ▶Ends August 19th (Planned)

Translated Whitepapers
    Translated Localized Threads

Disclaimer: I am only the community manager for this project. I will not be held responsible should the developers fail to reach stated goals/obligations. I have been asked to post the thread so the images would show up. Please message OpusFoundation if you have any questions.[/list]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
    Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
    julerz12

View Profile WWW
    July 09, 2017, 02:49:59 PM

Interview with Opus COO Mateusz Mach by African Crypto News

Review on Opus by African Crypto News

How to get Opus tokens from the Crowdsale by Bitconnect Bandit

julerz12

View Profile WWW
    July 09, 2017, 02:51:04 PM

We are listed on ICO Tracker
    https://icotracker.net/project/opus

RustyShackleford1950

Activity: 210

View Profile
    July 09, 2017, 02:51:22 PM

Interesting project, has caught my eye. I'll have a look through the whitepaper.

On Keyboard, The Big D...Rusty Shackleford!

BTC: 1DuvjK81o6XS5MtrsxDrVUSZjZk4pe88P1 LTC: LLwG992WA7LvjV3nqfDDRjC5dDCbp7z1bU
    vipercps

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
    July 09, 2017, 02:53:07 PM

reserved translation portuguese

Opusfoundation

Activity: 56

Opus; Music decentralized. Crowdsale LIVE!

View Profile WWW
    July 09, 2017, 02:53:15 PM

Confirming that this is the official thread.
    acpr23

Activity: 182

View Profile
    July 09, 2017, 02:56:26 PM

Voise VSM recently had their ICO and it is quite a success they are also a decentralized music streaming/sharing platform,

What could be the difference/advantages of Opus to them and other music related crypto?

Indorse | Decentralized Professional Network on Ethereum Blockchain
    ▬     Token Sale  [ August 8th, 2017 ]     
    ANN | Twitter | Slack | Telegram | Whitepaper | Facebook
    poiseulle

Activity: 98

Provide high-quality Chinese translation

View Profile
    July 09, 2017, 02:59:28 PM

Decent project
    It seems team has some Chinese, but in case you need Chinese translation. PM me.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
    ████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯      Get Your FREE Coins NOW!       ✯
    ████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
    OnTheMoon

Activity: 276

View Profile
    July 09, 2017, 03:08:43 PM

Another streaming music platform, Opus, and why not. The more competition there is in this area, the better for both the musicians themselves and listeners.

icoico
    icoico
    icoico

icoico
    icoico
    icoico

icoico
    icoico
    icoico
    Opusfoundation

View Profile WWW
    July 09, 2017, 03:11:21 PM

Voise VSM recently had their ICO and it is quite a success they are also a decentralized music streaming/sharing platform,

What could be the difference/advantages of Opus to them and other music related crypto?

Sorry to say this, but to call Voise VSM a decentralized music sharing platform is completely incorrect; They they store everything on their central server.

1.Voise raised their money with no product.
    Opus is 3 steps ahead. We raised a round of VC funding this January, and now we have a working beta and a demonstrable product.

2. Voise, Is simply a coin that can only be used on their website. That's it
    Opus is an entire music sharing infrastructure. We use IPFS and Ethereum such that all songs and metadata data are stored decentrally and rapidly on the IPFS swarm and Ethereum.
    We are also going to release APIs for third party player developers to create their own Opus players, ensuring decentralize in every aspect of the stack.

If you have more questions regarding the technical development, check our Github or ask us on our slack: http://slack.opus-foundation.org/
    speakoo

Activity: 140

View Profile
    July 09, 2017, 04:18:37 PM

1.Voise raise their money with no product.
    Opus is 3 steps ahead. We raised a round of VC funding this January, and now we have a working beta and a demonstrable product.

2. Voise, as far as I am aware, Is simply a coin that can only be used on their website.
    Opus is an entire music sharing infrastructure. We use IPFS and Ethereum such that all songs and metadata data are stored decentrally and rapidly on the IPFS swarm and Ethereum.
    We are also going to release APIs for third party player developers to decentralize every aspect of the platform.

If you have more questions regarding the techical development, check our Github or ask us on our slack: http://slack.opus-foundation.org/

Like you said , OPUS is better than Voise,you have a beta product. I am ready to involve in the ico.

CINDICATOR.COM12 September 2017 Token Sale
    WP
    systemv

Activity: 70

StuffGoGo Developer

View Profile WWW
    July 09, 2017, 04:27:16 PM

Very interesting and a good application for a blockchain, best of luck!

Vaniaayu

Activity: 74

http://imgur.com/8mfRsH4

View Profile
    July 09, 2017, 04:36:42 PM

that was a great project, I will wait for this coin ICO . this project planing looks so promising to me, it deserve to be waiting

pamsugas

COSS: CRYPTO-ONE-STOP-SOLUTION ICO 8/8/2017

View Profile
    July 09, 2017, 04:38:37 PM

I see this is a very good project, and have a future I've been following all the bounty

Whitepaper  ⚫  ⚫   ⧯ Multi-Wallet   ⧯ Exchange   ⧯ Merchant Platform   ⚫  ⚫      ⧉ ICO Details
            ⚫  ⚫     ⚫  ⚫    ░░▒▒▒▓▓ ⧫ COSS.IO - Crypto One Stop Solution ⧫ ▓▓▒▒▒░░     ⚫  ⚫    ⚫  ⚫
        ░░▒▒▓ COSS Token - An ERC20 based Token - revenue generating cryptocurrency ▓▒▒░░
    Opusfoundation

View Profile WWW
    July 09, 2017, 04:56:32 PM

I see this is a very good project, and have a future I've been following all the bounty

that was a great project, I will wait for this coin ICO . this project planing looks so promising to me, it deserve to be waiting

Very interesting and a good application for a blockchain, best of luck!

Thank you for the kind words. Our team has been working on this for a long time now and we intend to flesh out our working beta and scale. We are dreamers and we want to take on the giants of Spotify and Apple music, just like how they have taken over the $40Billion traditional music recording industry.

Exciting times!
    Coinologist

Activity: 84

View Profile
    July 09, 2017, 04:57:45 PM

Looks very promising.  I'm researching further and subscribing.
    tippytoes

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
    July 09, 2017, 05:08:30 PM

Let's see if this one will survive the crypto world as they already have the working beta unlike other similar projects. And by the way, I like how the translation bounty is being handled here - only professional translators are allowed.  Grin Normally, it's first come first served basis and a lot of times they are poorly translated because of utilizing the google translate. With that being said, my impression is that, this project is pretty serious as they want their work to be translated in a professional manner and not just a second-rate piece of work.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  STORM TOKEN A decentralized micro-job marketplace  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    >>  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Blog  <<
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  >>  TOKEN GENERATION EVENT | August 15th, 2017  <<  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    rendiuno

Activity: 160

View Profile
    July 09, 2017, 05:22:12 PM

Music again, I'm also a bit interested in music-based coins,
    At least i will buy some

Indorse | Decentralized Professional Network on Ethereum Blockchain
    ▬     Token Sale  [ August 8th, 2017 ]     
    ANN | Twitter | Slack | Telegram | Whitepaper | Facebook
    koko UK

Activity: 327

View Profile
    July 09, 2017, 05:34:46 PM

This planning is very waiting on waiting by the small singers who do not have the capital to end the music they create ... I hope this plan can run as much as possible and can help the little musical like us

▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                        ▓▓▌         ░
                      ▄▓▓▓▓▓         ░
                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄        ░
                    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░        ░
                    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░
                      ▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░
               ▐▓▓    ▐▓▓▀░░░░▐▓▓▄        ░
              ▄▓▓▓▓▄    ▀ ░░ ▒▓▓▓▓▌         ░
             ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄         ▀▓▓▓▓▓         ░
            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▐▓▓▓▓▓▄        ░
            ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░▐▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░
              ▓▓▓▓▓▀░░░░░░░░ ░▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░
        ▓▓    ▐▓▓▓░░░░░▓▓▄          ░░░░░░░░      ░
      ▄▓▓▓▓▄    ▀░░░░▐▓▓▓▓▓          ░▄▄▄▄░        ░
     ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄         ▐▓▓▓▓▓▄         ▀▓▓▓▓▄         ░
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▐▓▓▓▓▓▄         ▐▓▓▓▓▓         ░
    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░▒▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░▐▓▓▓▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░ ▓▓▓▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░
       ▀▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░ ▐▓▓▓░ ░░░░░░░░  ▀▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░
        ▀▀░░░░░░░░░░    ▀▀░░░░░░░░░    ▀▀░░░░░░░░░

▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                        ▓▓▌         ░
                      ▄▓▓▓▓▓         ░
                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄        ░
                    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░        ░
                    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░
                      ▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░
               ▐▓▓    ▐▓▓▀░░░░▐▓▓▄        ░
              ▄▓▓▓▓▄    ▀ ░░ ▒▓▓▓▓▌         ░
             ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄         ▀▓▓▓▓▓         ░
            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▐▓▓▓▓▓▄        ░
            ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░▐▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░
              ▓▓▓▓▓▀░░░░░░░░ ░▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░
        ▓▓    ▐▓▓▓░░░░░▓▓▄          ░░░░░░░░      ░
      ▄▓▓▓▓▄    ▀░░░░▐▓▓▓▓▓          ░▄▄▄▄░        ░
     ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄         ▐▓▓▓▓▓▄         ▀▓▓▓▓▄         ░
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▐▓▓▓▓▓▄         ▐▓▓▓▓▓         ░
    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░▒▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░▐▓▓▓▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░ ▓▓▓▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░
       ▀▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░ ▐▓▓▓░ ░░░░░░░░  ▀▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░
        ▀▀░░░░░░░░░░    ▀▀░░░░░░░░░    ▀▀░░░░░░░░░

reserter

Activity: 98

View Profile
    July 09, 2017, 05:42:02 PM

I think this project is very good, and I follow twitter campaign. Cool

[url = https: //atlant.io/] ATLANT [/ url] - [url = https: //bitcointalk.org/index.php? Topic = 2053239.0] Pra-penjualan 1 Agustus, ICO : 7 September [/ url] [/ u]
    [url = https: //bitcointalk.org/index.php? Topic = 2053239.0] REAL ESTATE PLATFORM [/ url] [[url = https: //atlant.io/assets /documents/en/Atlant_WP_publish.pdf]Whitepaper[/url]]
    [url = https: //bitcointalk.org/index.php? Topic = 2053239.0] BitcoinTalk [/ url] | [Url = https: //www.reddit.com/user/Atlantio/] Reddit [/ url] | [Url = https: //github.com/AtlantPlatform] GitHub [/ url] | [Url = https: //join.slack.com/t/atlantio/shared_invite/MjA5ODQxODY5OTIyLTE0OTk1MTU1ODctNjg1YzI2NzIwYQ] Slack [/ url] | [Url = https: //twitter.com/atlantio] Twitter [/ url] | [Url = https: //www.facebook Com / Atlant-Real-Estate-Platform-455717934793081 /] Facebook [/ url] | [Url = https: //www.medium.com/@atlantio] Sedang [/ url] | [Url = https: //t.me/atlant_eng] Telegram [/ url]
    Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
      Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.