Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:06:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins are all down, so how do traders make their earnings?  (Read 5041 times)
avilsd

Activity: 111
Merit: 21

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 11:19:59 AM

When everyone is panic selling, the sharks are buying. It's feeding time on blood red days! Time to munch the minnows up Wink
ilovefeetsmell

Activity: 686
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 11:20:18 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2017, 12:52:51 PM by ilovefeetsmell

Hi still a newbie trader here. Just want to know. If All altcoins are down since last few weeks. How do traders maker their earnings during this bitcoin correction / retracement. All my polo coins are bought while Bitcoin is 2900usd in the past few months. Now I am HODLing like forever Sad All my coins are in bloody red, I have negative -20%  to -30% profit. Please suggest something.

The rule still the same, buy low and sell at higher peak. If you can't make profit through altcoin-bitcoin, then just convert altcoin into another altcoins, but make sure it's a good coin to buy. If you are not sure to sell/buy altcoins, then just wait for bitcoin's price recover.
Normally, if bitcoin price decline, altcoins will follow to drop as well and vice versa, pay attention before buy and sell your coins.
Altcoins depend on the price of bitcoin. If the price was going low then the altcoim goes down at the same time. If you are worried about your altcoins then convert it into Bitcoin or another altcoin to avoid loss of profit. We aim for the profit or higher profit. It is actually works and choice for us to benefit of what we had. I know altcoins have the big role in our cryptocurrency.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████▀▀      ▀▀▀██████████████████
█████████▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄▄▄▄  ▄██▀▀     ▀▀████████
███████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄████████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀█████
██████   ▄█████████▄████████▀  ▄▄█████████▄   ████
█████   ▄█████████████████▀  ▄██████████████▄▄▄███
██            ██████████▀  ▄██████████████████████
█████   ▀█████████████▀  ▄██████████████████▀▀▀███
██████   ▀█████████▀▀  ▄████████▀█████████▀   ████
███████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄████████▀    ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▄█████
█████████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀  ▀▀▀▀   ▄▄▄      ▄▄████████
████████████████████▄▄▄     ▄▄████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
.Ethernity CLOUD.

...DECENTRALIZED CONFIDENTIAL COMPUTING...PUBLIC SALE Q3 2021.....REGISTER HERE..
MiXxe

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 11:53:14 AM

Hi still a newbie trader here. Just want to know. If All altcoins are down since last few weeks. How do traders maker their earnings during this bitcoin correction / retracement. All my polo coins are bought while Bitcoin is 2900usd in the past few months. Now I am HODLing like forever Sad All my coins are in bloody red, I have negative -20%  to -30% profit. Please suggest something.

They eventually earnin some coins i would say i earn from draco and other shitcoins that were suddenly pump then play with the market but in your case you need to wait until the price become normal after august 1 .just keep holding now and save your bitcoins in a hardwallet.

Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 01:29:30 PM

Hi still a newbie trader here. Just want to know. If All altcoins are down since last few weeks. How do traders maker their earnings during this bitcoin correction / retracement. All my polo coins are bought while Bitcoin is 2900usd in the past few months. Now I am HODLing like forever Sad All my coins are in bloody red, I have negative -20%  to -30% profit. Please suggest something.

When altcoins prices decline, that's the right time to buy obviously, because we know some coins really has potential and will grow up again within months such as monero, zcash, ethereum and gigabyte. What matter is your patience to wait, current dump caused by bitcoin news that will split on August 1st. But we should be sure it will rise again in the next month, so people cash out their funds from altcoins to buy bitcoin right before segwit activated, consider there is testnet of segwit2x on July 21th to see how it get support.
" Then, mining pools, companies and users are expected to begin running the code on the main bitcoin network as soon as July 21."
http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-segwit2x-testnet-fork-scaling-proposal/
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 09:36:50 AM

Hi still a newbie trader here. Just want to know. If All altcoins are down since last few weeks. How do traders maker their earnings during this bitcoin correction / retracement. All my polo coins are bought while Bitcoin is 2900usd in the past few months. Now I am HODLing like forever Sad All my coins are in bloody red, I have negative -20%  to -30% profit. Please suggest something.

They eventually earnin some coins i would say i earn from draco and other shitcoins that were suddenly pump then play with the market but in your case you need to wait until the price become normal after august 1 .just keep holding now and save your bitcoins in a hardwallet.

Yeah just try to have patience and look at the bigger picture. Though your entry point is at a quite expensive price, the future is still before ua and i'm pretty confident that btc will bounce back. As per traders, i think the most experienced ones still are able to earn from altcoins even though they're down most of the time. These people can observe fluctuations pretty well and can take advantage of any changes in the altcoin market

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 05:35:23 PM

Yeah just try to have patience and look at the bigger picture. Though your entry point is at a quite expensive price, the future is still before ua and i'm pretty confident that btc will bounce back. As per traders, i think the most experienced ones still are able to earn from altcoins even though they're down most of the time. These people can observe fluctuations pretty well and can take advantage of any changes in the altcoin market

Yup who is having more experience in trading they are still doing trading and making a profit. But the normal traders and newbies are stopped to do trading. And they are holding coins for next month pump. I think most of the people are stopped buy and sell business all are waiting for August 1st effect.
Preclus

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 05:58:32 PM

When you bought your virtual coins, you likely bought them from someone who paid $100 for all of them. You paid them $1000s for something they paid $100. They are very happy and probably used the money they got selling you their virtual coins to buy a nice car, some dinners out with family and vacations.

Now you are holding some virtual coins. You hope to find someone else who will pay you more for the virtual coins than you paid so you can buy a nice car, some dinners out with family and vacations.

Why would they want to buy your virtual coins for more than you paid? Because they, in turn, might think they can find someone else who wants to buy those virtual coins at an even higher price in the future.

Now... when will that person come along who wants to buy your virtual coins for more than you paid?

That is what you are waiting for. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Invester

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

PNNV.COM Live bitcoin price monitor

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 06:04:49 PM

There is no need to worry my friend. Earnings in trade is not on a daily basis. If you are new, let me tell you that you are on a rollercoaster ride. It will not be all upward, there has to be downward. Fluctuation is real. The price is volatile. If everything is on a flat line then there would be no need for a trader, no need for some skills and analysis, no need for the "buy high sell low" strategy. All these are temporary and will not last long.

In general, in trading, take advantage of anything that happens and that is currently happening in the market.

████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PNNV.com..>..Live BTCitcoin Monitor.
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 08:27:14 PM

Not so sure about quick profits. Might also be a lot of people searching for the next Ethereum.
holtzmann

Activity: 179
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 08:54:19 AM

Sure, nobody can give you 100% accurate forecasts. But I tend to agree with the most and say that it's better to hold. The market needs to warm up a bit.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 09:44:41 AM

It has been a rough month for traders, not all the time the coin going down there are few times the coin going up a little, even though it is only a while, but it is not a good time to trade, it is better to hold your coin, and it seems like it's getting worse hopefully after the August the price can be bounce back and stable

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 10:04:10 AM

It has been a rough month for traders, not all the time the coin going down there are few times the coin going up a little, even though it is only a while, but it is not a good time to trade, it is better to hold your coin, and it seems like it's getting worse hopefully after the August the price can be bounce back and stable
it could be a boomerang too , it might gives you a lot of benefit. the price recently keep dropping but for those people who knows already and have played long time enough in crypto trading would know the right time to cutloss and buyback later to get a lot of profit more than when the market in stable situation.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
zidanw

Activity: 1162
Merit: 258

1xbit.com

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 10:48:31 AM

For a while it's better not to trade because of the downtrend and return to trade in the real world, at now I also suffered a loss and was forced to hold a coin and see in august how segwit and hardfork later.

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Hatuferu
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

https://trueflip.io/

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 11:49:42 AM

For a while it's better not to trade because of the downtrend and return to trade in the real world, at now I also suffered a loss and was forced to hold a coin and see in august how segwit and hardfork later.
What I did now is I still trade but I only do one thing which is buying, I would only trade after the segwit this August 1 because I
am confident that the price will be normal again and I can easily make money from the cheap price of altcoins now.

▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃                                      ▃▃▃▂▂▂▃▃▃                         
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
          ████                                               ████                                   
          ████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
Truly one of a kind games:
MAGIC DICE   CHAIN'S CODE   PIRATE BAY
MINING FACTORY      RAPID TO THE MOON
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1137

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 11:58:22 AM

What I did now is I still trade but I only do one thing which is buying, I would only trade after the segwit this August 1 because I
am confident that the price will be normal again and I can easily make money from the cheap price of altcoins now.
Buying cheap coins would be suggested as of now. We should not limit our selves on not making a move since we can still able to make money buying from the dips and if you did bought on the price on yesterdays then for sure you are earning some profits as of now on doing short trades specially on bitcoin.It already starts to climb up again but we cant still be sure. August 1 is still approaching.

ubercool

Activity: 1078
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 12:25:03 PM

Traders dont earn like you think. They dont make profits and take home every day, its based on the average of profit and loss. My altcoin portfolio is 40% down right now and I am in loss right now. But I know that it is just because of the correction and It will be back to positive soon. This is the buying season, choose wisely and buy what you can.
Potato Chips

Activity: 2800
Merit: 907

yesssir! 🫡

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 02:31:44 PM

Buying cheap coins would be suggested as of now. We should not limit our selves on not making a move since we can still able to make money buying from the dips and if you did bought on the price on yesterdays then for sure you are earning some profits as of now on doing short trades specially on bitcoin.It already starts to climb up again but we cant still be sure. August 1 is still approaching.

if they did not bought yesterday i'm sure there are many opportunities to come considering that people are panicking and switching to alts maybe over the potential split. but

yeah sure opportunity loss for those who did not. i think no it'll not start climbing up to break its personal best not until we're in this situation or worse than this, It is just the

usual situation where the price keeps going back and forth.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Apollo777

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 09:59:50 PM

In a bear market, the traders that make money are the ones who are "shorting" the market.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▌▌  PROPY  ▐▐▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
▬▬▬▬  Global Property Store with Decentralized Title Registry  ▬▬▬▬
  Slack      Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      Bitcointalk      Medium      Reddit 
joromz1226

Activity: 798
Merit: 258

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 07:35:54 AM

The rule still the same, buy low and sell at higher peak. If you can't make profit through altcoin-bitcoin, then just convert altcoin into another altcoins, but make sure it's a good coin to buy. If you are not sure to sell/buy altcoins, then just wait for bitcoin's price recover.
Normally, if bitcoin price decline, altcoins will follow to drop as well and vice versa, pay attention before buy and sell your coins.

That's right! but in my experienced for what I did is I trade altcoin to altcoin and sometimes altcoin to Bitcoin.
Just always check the coin first before investing into it. Then apply holding or short term trading.
umbara ardian

Activity: 1344
Merit: 259

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 09:14:28 AM

This is the best time for altcoin down, this is where I always take the role to buy altcoin that is going down drastically. I always take this opportunity from year to year. Keep in the long run the result is always maximal. And I always profit to take advantage of this moment.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████