Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:15:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 145 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TIMEREUM (TME) VERSION 2.0: "ELIXIR" (ELIX) RELEASED (NEW THREAD)  (Read 126640 times)
minereum_investor1

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 03:34:16 PM

I repost my previous question so perhaps more members will be able to see it.

Hope the dev will answer to this too.

Once the 10 possible coin batches are done, is the remaining supply (generated at a 25% rate of the maximum amount in an address pair (50000 coins, so 12500 in this case)) still available (which still has to be generated) for trading in the future ?

I mean, If I use my ten coin batches the very first day, will the remaining supply that is still not generated be available for me to trade as time goes by ?

Or does the remaining part of the supply stop to be generated so the address pair becomes pretty useless if all of its coins are transferred to an exchange ?

I feel confused.

Thank you dev.

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 03:43:18 PM

Once the 10 possible coin batches are done, is the remaining supply (generated at a 25% rate of the maximum amount in an address pair (50000 coins, so 12500 in this case)) still available (which still has to be generated) for trading in the future ?

I mean, If I use my ten coin batches the very first day, will the remaining supply that is still not generated be available for me to trade as time goes by ?

Or does the remaining part of the supply stop to be generated so the address pair becomes pretty useless if all of its coins are transferred to an exchange ?

I feel confused.

Thank you dev.

actually i don't how to make it work ..
Cloudpost

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 03:44:50 PM

I feel confused.

Thank you dev.

I think the total supply is based on "manual" mining - sending a transaction. If you decide to "mine" early, you get less coins. Tokens are result of "mining", you can wait and mine more later, it's your decision.

After 10 "mining" operations both addresses (parent and child) will become useless.

Lets wait for the dev to confirm if I'm right or wrong.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
TimereumDev (OP)

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2017, 03:53:04 PM

@JustMissed Exactly. We're working on reducing bytecode.

I realized I can cut bytecode in half by pairing one of every person's addresses with one of another person's addresses, so I have a new contract I've written up that does that. You'd only have to transfer 10^-17 timereum to the other person who is your parent address to get all your batches, and you'll get it back when the person you're paired with deploys their coins. The whole manual generation works in the same way, it's just a way to cut bytecode. We wouldn't need one set of addresses anymore, but we could keep the remaining unused list for a future installment of this project, or alternatively get rid of it. This is still experimental. Obviously if we choose this route, we'll update the pairings and keep everyone up to speed.

We're also looking into some other useful workarounds, and testing as well.

To the people asking about total supply: that is determined by when people choose to deploy batches.

Elixir (ELIX)
nagatraju

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 03:59:12 PM

I realized I can cut bytecode in half by pairing one of every person's addresses with one of another person's addresses, so I have a new contract I've written up that does that. You'd only have to transfer 10^-17 timereum out from the 1 timereum you get on launch to the other person who is your parent address to get all your batches, and you'll get it back when the person you're paired with deploys their coins. The whole manual generation works in the same way, it's just a way to cut bytecode. We wouldn't need one set of addresses anymore, but we could keep the remaining unused list for a future installment of this project, or alternatively get rid of it. This is still experimental. Obviously if we choose this route, we'll update the pairings and keep everyone up to speed.

To the people asking about total supply: that is determined by when people choose to deploy batches.

"pairing one of every person's addresses with one of another person's addresses"  is very awful.

You must check for the solution with coding part.

Edit:

Simplify the contract. This might be impossible, depending on what exactly you're doing.

Split it into multiple contracts.

Refactor it to use libraries. If you're using lots of structs and mappings, this may make your code remarkably more readable.

minereum_investor1

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 04:02:12 PM

I realized I can cut bytecode in half by pairing one of every person's addresses with one of another person's addresses, so I have a new contract I've written up that does that. You'd only have to transfer 10^-17 timereum out from the 1 timereum you get on launch to the other person who is your parent address to get all your batches, and you'll get it back when the person you're paired with deploys their coins. The whole manual generation works in the same way, it's just a way to cut bytecode. We wouldn't need one set of addresses anymore, but we could keep the remaining unused list for a future installment of this project, or alternatively get rid of it. This is still experimental. Obviously if we choose this route, we'll update the pairings and keep everyone up to speed.

"pairing one of every person's addresses with one of another person's addresses"  is very awful.

Totally agree with Nagatraju. It makes 50% of the total genesis addresses useless right ?  Shocked
nagatraju

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 04:04:07 PM

"pairing one of every person's addresses with one of another person's addresses"  is very awful.

Totally agree with Nagatraju. It makes 50% of the total genesis addresses useless right ?  Shocked

Not only useless, Each one depend on other person. Which is horrible  Huh
TimereumDev (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2017, 04:04:51 PM

It does not make 50% of the genesis addresses "useless." You're paired with someone else, and someone else is paired with you.

Since you'd have to keep track of who the parent address of your child is anyway, it isn't really very different from the first model. You don't "depend" on another person to get your coins.

It also works from a coding standpoint.

Another benefit is the unused address set could be used as a base for another token later on related to timereum.

I am definitely open to feedback, and I appreciate your opinions. Again, it's only experimental and splitting it up into multiple contracts is easily doable.

Elixir (ELIX)
nagatraju

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 04:12:56 PM

"You're paired with someone else, and someone else is paired with you."  That means I send my batch of coins to another person's (paired) address.  And I need to get those coins from him, if I want to sell.  Am I right?
TimereumDev (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2017, 04:15:50 PM

@nagatraju You send 10^-18 timereum to them, and a batch of your coins spawn in your address. In the future this might be a more efficient way.

Elixir (ELIX)
AlexSimion

Activity: 1078
Merit: 210

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 04:21:21 PM

@nagatraju You send 10^-18 timereum to them, and a batch of your coins spawn in your address. In the future this might be a more efficient way.
what is 10^-18 timereum ?!

nagatraju

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 04:22:49 PM

Why don't you try these with your existing code:

• Continue to refactor into libraries. This is the #1 way to reduce the bytecode size of the main contract.
  • Use shorter types for struct elements and sort them such that short types are grouped together. Started doing this and it makes a massive difference even if the code is not as readable or clean looking.
  • Move duplicate functionality into generic functions or function modifiers (even if it means more function parameters).
  • Instead of creating multiple getters (or multiple public members), create bundled getters that return multiple values at once.
  • Use local variables to reference storage array elements.
  • Remove some constant functions that are not critical to the contract.
minereum_investor1

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 04:23:23 PM

Thanks for replying quickly dev Smiley

The idea of being paired with another person seems scary as it implies to give our coin batch to the one who owns the parent address right ? I am possibly wrong and I would like to get an enlightenment on this please.

Also, you dev should take a look at this advice from Nagatraju regarding the coding issues :

"Simplify the contract. This might be impossible, depending on what exactly you're doing.

Split it into multiple contracts.

Refactor it to use libraries. If you're using lots of structs and mappings, this may make your code remarkably more readable."

Thank you dev.
TimereumDev (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2017, 04:26:05 PM

@minereum_investor1 You wouldn't give your batches to anyone. They still spawn in your address.

Elixir (ELIX)
thang long

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 04:26:43 PM

It does not make 50% of the genesis addresses "useless." You're paired with someone else, and someone else is paired with you.

Since you'd have to keep track of who the parent address of your child is anyway, it isn't really very different from the first model. You don't "depend" on another person to get your coins.

It also works from a coding standpoint.

Another benefit is the unused address set could be used as a base for another token later on related to timereum.

I am definitely open to feedback, and I appreciate your opinions. Again, it's only experimental and splitting it up into multiple contracts is easily doable.
What if the person you are paired with loses his key, or gets hit by an Abrahamic hammer while vacationing in Syria and becomes hardcore muslim or just a friendly terrorist helping the good old fight against Assad and sees computers are the devil's playground and stops everything?

What then?
nagatraju

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 04:30:18 PM

@minereum_investor1 You wouldn't give your batches to anyone. They still spawn in your address.

Can you explain it clearly?

So no need to depend on another person/pairing address!!?
minereum_investor1

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 04:32:27 PM

Ok nice to read it  Grin.

This detail put aside, does that mean if all of the child-address holders don't want to create a batch until next year, the mining process will not start as long as they hold their coins ?

Thanks dev  Wink
thang long

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 04:35:45 PM

"Another benefit is the unused address set could be used as a base for another token later on related to timereum."

I would do this the other way around.

After some time when miners are known in the community, they can pair themselves when they feel like it.
Instead of, in this early stage,  getting paired with someone you dont know.
Its like asking me to agree to see just the next guy (or worse; an Australian) jerk off while I ram my keyboard
TimereumDev (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2017, 04:37:39 PM

@nagatraju No need to depend on anybody. The person you'd be paired with could die today and you'd be able to generate your coins anytime.

minereum_investor1 It might be in everyone's interest to get a few coins circulating. By increasing circulation the value of the non-circulated coins will actually go up.

Elixir (ELIX)
nagatraju

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 04:40:47 PM

@nagatraju No need to depend on anybody. And the other half of the list can be used as a set of genesis addresses for a future installment of this project.

In this case go with the Deployment of the Smart Contract.

All the best to You, Me and all Airdrop Participants.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 145 »
  Print  

Jump to: