Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:35:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I start investing in cryptocurrency?  (Read 12731 times)
pipesurfer

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 03:24:43 PM

I bought bitcoin with my credit card and sent to my poloniex account and started trading it.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinmania

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 07:56:21 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2017, 08:04:12 PM by coinmania

Hello guys. Im pretty new to cryptocurrency. So I have read  for about 1 month news and articles about altcoins and bitcoin, mining vs buying crypto, trading and investing, checking each day price of top 10 coins. I do understand that I can not make billions since I should started few years ago. But I really like the idea of crypto and I would like to support / help it by buying / investing some money into altcoins. I dont have enough money to buy bitcoin. Here come questions :

1) Im interested in benefit / result in long term. So I want to make my portfolio low risk. I have read here on forum different opinions like “litecoin is total ***” and that “all altcoins dont have future” and “bubble of altcoins will be destroyed”. As Im pretty newbie on which factors should I first look at? Capitalisation? Creator of coin? Technologie or protocol?
2) Would you suggest to divide my start capital in 10 parts?
3) Is it OK to buy part of bitcoin and not whole coin?
4) Is it good time to buy now coins since almost every coin is dropping in price? Should I wait now or buy after SegWit?
5) Can you please link other forums or websites with helpful info for exploring and learning?
6) And some reliable websites for buying crypto from Europe and online wallets?
7) If I also want to try mining should I start then with coins like litecoin and ripple?
Cool Which alternative is good to programm Coinigy (trading programm) ?

Thanks for reading and good luck all.

4) Is it good time to buy now coins since almost every coin is dropping in price?

This is the best time always! Buy LOW sell HIGH simple but most fundamental law in trading buy the fear sell the news!

There are plenty but some I use (all European friendly and with €) are:
1. Coin Mama: (http://bit.ly/2vO56DK)
2. CEX (http://bit.ly/2u5j6bL) with Trading option
3. Coinhouse (http://bit.ly/2tBJBJU)
4. Bitcoin de (http://bit.ly/2upHQwi) SEPA only unfortunately
5. Coin Corner (http://bit.ly/2utZv7I)
6. Bitit (http://bit.ly/2whlMnj)
7. Local Bitcoin (http://bit.ly/2tH38st)
8. HitBTC (http://bit.ly/2v4g7or)

Hope that helps!

"Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us get up and go to work" Stephen King

Just sayin: 158xW3o63zdGe6wCQH5edyrjm5RFzTqghn
bluedude

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

y²=x3+ax+b, a=0,b=7

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 02:28:20 PM

Get some bitcoins from localbitcoins using fiat and start trading altcoins in some major exchanges.
Altcoins gives you the best returns, so I would re-invest rather than holding the bitcoins.
coinmania

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 07:17:45 PM

Get some bitcoins from localbitcoins using fiat and start trading altcoins in some major exchanges.
Altcoins gives you the best returns, so I would re-invest rather than holding the bitcoins.

Any suggestion on altcoins you currently holding / trading?

"Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us get up and go to work" Stephen King

mizan2821

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 07:25:26 PM

Investing in crypto currency is a very profitable business. But you always need to read the news and understand the situation on the market. You will get a good feeling about coins that will pump and to studybitcointalk for profitable ICO.
sibisi666

Activity: 269
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 11:32:04 AM

Yup, its very important to inform yourself about coins you want to invest, major thing is POW/POS state, POS state means coins are distribute and inflation is very low, or none, those coins have good potential to invest, one of those coins is netko, a good example, od pos coin, and not too many coins on market, guarantees you good price in future.
planaree

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 08:56:50 PM

I think it's a good time to invest because Bitcoin is scaling up until the end of the year.
So it will remain steady for a few months.
amaral1977

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 09:08:53 PM

Buy BTC and hold it. Can put a portion of it on Bitfinex for margin trading lending. that way you go around the exchange learning about it, looking at the charts and start to feel it. Learn a lot and trade it. Only what you can afford to loose BTW.

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████ 
    ████████████▌▐████████████ 
      ██████████████████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
            ██████████ 

█████████
█████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████████
█████████

EXCHANGES 

CREX24GRAVIEXBITEBTC

█████████
█████████
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
█████████
█████████
chichigirl

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

HELENA

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 01:11:35 AM

It is very important to make a research first before you make an investment in cryptocurrency for you to be able to learn on how to invest and what is the proper or right time to invest. Take time to watch some videos and read some comments to get some ideas and advises about investment.

But for me, I also consider buying bitcoin and keep it as a way of investment because when bitcoin reach the highest price you will earn a profit from it.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y
|    TWITTER    |   TELEGRAM   |    DISCORD    |
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JOIN NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Blackcloud

Activity: 111

GeoPin: Blockchain-based interface to the physical

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 12:38:30 AM

Hello guys. Im pretty new to cryptocurrency. So I have read  for about 1 month news and articles about altcoins and bitcoin, mining vs buying crypto, trading and investing, checking each day price of top 10 coins. I do understand that I can not make billions since I should started few years ago. But I really like the idea of crypto and I would like to support / help it by buying / investing some money into altcoins. I dont have enough money to buy bitcoin. Here come questions :

1) Im interested in benefit / result in long term. So I want to make my portfolio low risk. I have read here on forum different opinions like “litecoin is total ***” and that “all altcoins dont have future” and “bubble of altcoins will be destroyed”. As Im pretty newbie on which factors should I first look at? Capitalisation? Creator of coin? Technologie or protocol?
2) Would you suggest to divide my start capital in 10 parts?
3) Is it OK to buy part of bitcoin and not whole coin?
4) Is it good time to buy now coins since almost every coin is dropping in price? Should I wait now or buy after SegWit?
5) Can you please link other forums or websites with helpful info for exploring and learning?
7) If I also want to try mining should I start then with coins like litecoin and ripple?
Cool Which alternative is good to programm Coinigy (trading programm) ?

Thanks for reading and good luck all.

Investing in cryptocurrency long term is tricky because of the uncertainty and volatility in the market. Since you will be keeping the token for long term, I  would suggest reading the Whitepaper of cryptocurrencies you are interested in several times, and also examine other people feedback on those cryptocurrencies on Bitcointalk, Reddit and social media.

HomeToken

Activity: 126

HomeToken - Tokenized Real Estate Fund

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2017, 04:29:06 AM

Just buy a fraction of a bitcoin to trade and only risk what you can afford to lose

Mindin

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:13:31 AM

I would suggest you study more and more there are enough videos available on youtube & study it then plan to invest in cryptocurreny for cryptocurrency trading you need to register with cryptocurrency broker I would suggest you to register with Bittrex that I found more Genuine & I would suggest you trade top 10 coins. My best wishes with you.

If one is a newbie i'm not sure trading is the best way to start investing in cryptocurrencies. The tradebots and more experienced traders will probably get the better of him/her, resulting in losses.

Just buy what you like and hold that for a few years.
bluedude

Activity: 714

y²=x3+ax+b, a=0,b=7

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:35:45 AM

Everyone is dumping altcoin to get the free bitcoin cash on August.So I think now is a great time to get into alt coins and wait for August 1.
BitcoinExpart

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 12:09:21 PM

Everyone is dumping altcoin to get the free bitcoin cash on August.So I think now is a great time to get into alt coins and wait for August 1.
I can notice people getting so much afraid of segwit events on August 1. In the case, huge dumping most of the legit altcoins. Don't panic, we should use this time properly to store more coins as we can. In short, be cool and hold with tight.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄▄
▄████▀▀            ▀▀████▄
▄███▀                    ▀███▄
███▀       █████            ▀███
███         █████              ███
███        ▄▄█████    ▄█████▀    ███
██        ▄███████  ▄█████▀       ██
███       ▄████████▄█████▀         ███
███       ▀▀▀▀██████████           ███
███      ▄▄▄▄▄███████████          ███
███     ▄███████████▀█████         ███
██    ▄███████████▀  █████        ██
███   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████    █████      ███
███         █████     █████    ███
███▄                        ▄███
▀███▄                    ▄███▀
▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
KRYLL
                ███
                ███
                ███
        ███  ███
        ███  ███
        ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
AUTOMATED CRYPTO TRADING STRATEGIES MADE SIMPLE
▁▁         Whitepaper   █   Token sale will start on Feb 7, 2018   █   Announcement         ▁▁

███
███
███  ███
███  ███
███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
iluvpie60

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 01:07:52 PM

if you are looking to buy BTC and invest in it, start with coinbase(if you don't care that they will know who you are).

If you want privacy, use localbitcoins and buy it with cash from someone locally(it has its own risks too).

or go find a bitcoin ATM machine, you can google their locations.

Lyancy001

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 05:18:01 PM

I'm a beginner, but I have one important tip for you that should always remember. Be patient at all times to reduce losses.
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 07:43:53 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2017, 08:00:17 PM by A L I E N

I prefer to invest in coins that have 400-1000% last 3-6 month. And they have good wallet.
Also some percent of my assets is coins on eth Smiley
coinmania

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 11:50:28 AM

I prefer to invest in coins that have 400-1000% last 3-6 month. And they have good wallet.
Also some percent of my assets is coins on eth Smiley

But this is Risky as well who knows if thy continue to grow like this...

Erica Harris

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 08:19:10 PM

Interesting post. I was about to post a similair thread. It's surprising how much uneducated investors the crypto space has. You still see people invest in this shady and scammy coins.  We do need to look better at the insights of every coin. What team is behind it, is there any management. How strong is the product, is there any product at all? Personally I always use:  https://www.coincheckup.com The site is my go to place for  crypto investment analaysis and indepth coin research.  Go to:  https://www.coincheckup.com/coins/Ethereum#analysis To check  Ethereum Research report.
Mindin

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 06:01:25 PM

Those who did certainly made a nice profit, very good call you made. Hope you made a lot of money.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: