Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:43:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EOS ICO – Maybe I was Wrong  (Read 1782 times)
Urban Crypto (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 09:04:48 AM

I am trying to figure out what my thoughts about the EOS ICO are. Initially, I truly did not understand why people would invest in the project when there were so many disclaimers to the ICO and no product yet in existence.

I wrote two controversial posts on the subject which I will include below. After my initial posts I did more research and watched some of the interviews and presentations of the management team of EOS and it was clear to me that they have a lot more knowledge about the blockchain than I do and have a good track record.

The EOS ICO raised $185 million dollars in the first 5 days and is on track for numbers nobody could imagine. I would have to say that the marketplace is saying that I am an idiot :-).

I guess only time will tell who gains the most from the EOS ICO.

https://urbancrypto.com/eos-ico-maybe-i-am-just-an-idiot/

https://urbancrypto.com/eos-ico-im-not-idiot-sure-morons/

What are your thoughts?

Urban Crypto has the latest information related to Cryptocurrencies, Tokens, and ICOs. www.UrbanCrypto.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ayertosco

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 09:07:31 AM

EOS developers. Simple as that.
CrowdFunder

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 09:47:20 AM

Well they stand to potentially gain whether they make a good product or not but if they make a good product they will gain much more than they raised. Its in their interest to develop the ETH killer they have promised.
Ayertosco

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 10:14:41 AM

Well, too much money pouring in this project and this dollar rain is not stopping for a year. Even with the greatest ideas, i think that too much money can only damage a project. We'll see if i'm wrong when and IF they deliver...but i'm not investing.
BenR

Activity: 134

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 10:35:24 AM

Raising money is a good thing, allows you to build a strong product and company. But without any caps it seems like it's just a money grab. At some point, the founders have so much money that the ability to make more money is not sufficient motivation.
andrew24p

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 12:40:06 PM

Just because you raised that much money doesnt mean the idea isnt stupid. Plus its run by Dan Larimar who has a fantastic history of creating projects and handing them over to the community after he cashes out. Bitshares, Steemit, now EOS. Lets see if hes still running it in 2 years. I would guess not.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                                                                                                                         █
█                                                                                                                         █
█          ██     ██       ▄█▄        ██        ██     ▄██████▄    ██████████    ████████    ██████▄                      █
█          ██     ██       ███        ██        ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██      ██ ██       ███      ███     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██     ▄██ ██▄      ████    ████     ██              ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          █████████     ██   ██      ██ ██  ██ ██      ▀█████▄        ██        ███████     ██   ▄█▀                     █
█          ██     ██     ██   ██      ██  █▄▄█  ██            ██       ██        ██          █████                        █
█          ██     ██    ▄███████▄     ██  ████  ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██   ██                      █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ▀██████▀        ██        ████████    ██     ██                    █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
M   A   R   K   E   T   P   L  A   C   E  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

The first token offering total buyback
─────❯❯❯ICO Starts : 28th of November 2017❮❮❮─────

❖TWITTER
❖TELEGRAM
❖WHITEPAPER
❖FACEBOOK
❖ANN THREAD
SLACK
Urban Crypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2017, 01:11:21 PM

I have reached out to the EOS team, good luck to me trying to get a response :-)

Urban Crypto has the latest information related to Cryptocurrencies, Tokens, and ICOs. www.UrbanCrypto.com
juetj4079

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 02:31:17 PM

Well, too much money pouring in this project and this dollar rain is not stopping for a year. Even with the greatest ideas, i think that too much money can only damage a project. We'll see if i'm wrong when and IF they deliver...but i'm not investing.
I agree with your point of view, I will not invest it, eos in such a short period of time, to raise so much money is very amazing, many of the market funds flock to it, the other altcoin down may be related to it.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 02:40:26 PM

seems like another self enrichment scheme from the people that enriched themselves nicely with bitshares and steem

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 02:52:25 PM

I agree with your point of view, I will not invest it, eos in such a short period of time, to raise so much money is very amazing, many of the market funds flock to it, the other altcoin down may be related to it.
considering whether they really gather that support but the facts remain that they don't have concrete finish product yet and who knows what will happen
after it reach the exchange, maybe I will check this out if dev will do some magic tricks to enriched the value and allow investors to gain from it.
coin_coin

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 03:02:05 PM

Definitely , time will tell, nothing has developed, how it could have a no 11 market cap.
Most of the investors are just threw their money.

CINDICATOR.COM12 September 2017 Token Sale
WP
nakata90

Activity: 381
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2017, 03:34:33 PM

A good ICO project not need to pour too much capital. Because need more time build and develop, if you are a investor in few years ago, you will know ICO need 6 months - one year to successfully and growth to prove this project is best!

▄███▄
▄███████▄
▀███████▀
  ▀███▀
           ▄███▄
         ▄███████▄
         ▀███████▀
           ▀███▀
  ▄███▄
▄███████▄
▀███████▀
  ▀███▀
K O I N P R O.
TRADE CRYPTO AND STOCK CFD WITH BITCOIN
[

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
     ▄█████░░█░░█████▄
  ▄██████░░░░░░░██████▄
 ███████░░░░░░░░░███████
▐███████████████████████▌
████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▐███████░░░███░░░███████▌
 ███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀████████████████▀
      ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

.NO KYC

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
       ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ████████░░░██░░░███████
  ▐████████░░░█░░░████████▌
  █████████░░░░░░██████████
  █████████░░░█░░░█████████
  ▐████████░░░██░░░███████▌
   ████████░░░███░░░██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

.EARN KOI

███
                  ▄▄█▄▄        ███████
                  █          ███████████
                  █████        ███████
                      █        ███████
                  ▀▀█▀▀        ███████
                               ███████
                █████████      ███████
                               ███████
               █████████       ▂▂▂▂
                               ▂▂▂▂
                █████████      ▂▂▂▂

. 100x LEVERAGE

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
             ▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
           ▄███░░█████████░░███▄
          ████░█████████████░████
         ▐███░██████▀▀▀██████░███▌
         ███░█████▀░░░░░░▀▀███░███
         ███░█████▄░░░░░░▄▄███░███
         ▐███░██████▄▄▄██████░███▌
          ████░█████████████░████
           ▀███░░██░░░░░██░░███▀
            ▀█▀▄███████████▄▀█▀
               ░▀▀████████▀▀░

.SUPER FAST
].
UNIQUE DOUBLE-UP
CONTRACT

Urban Crypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2017, 04:03:33 PM

A good ICO project not need to pour too much capital. Because need more time build and develop, if you are a investor in few years ago, you will know ICO need 6 months - one year to successfully and growth to prove this project is best!
I agree, why do you need 400 million potentially, when you haven't even started the project.  Raise 100 million (which is crazy anyway) and start development and do a second ICO.  I don't know, that makes more sense to me.

TheDeepestCoin

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 04:16:02 PM

Just because you raised that much money doesnt mean the idea isnt stupid. Plus its run by Dan Larimar who has a fantastic history of creating projects and handing them over to the community after he cashes out. Bitshares, Steemit, now EOS. Lets see if hes still running it in 2 years. I would guess not.

My guess: you are right.
DevelopOn

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 04:35:51 PM

I am trying to figure out what my thoughts about the EOS ICO are. Initially, I truly did not understand why people would invest in the project when there were so many disclaimers to the ICO and no product yet in existence.

I wrote two controversial posts on the subject which I will include below. After my initial posts I did more research and watched some of the interviews and presentations of the management team of EOS and it was clear to me that they have a lot more knowledge about the blockchain than I do and have a good track record.

The EOS ICO raised $185 million dollars in the first 5 days and is on track for numbers nobody could imagine. I would have to say that the marketplace is saying that I am an idiot :-).

https://urbancrypto.com/eos-ico-maybe-i-am-just-an-idiot/

https://urbancrypto.com/eos-ico-im-not-idiot-sure-morons/

What are your thoughts?
EOS I think it's a good project. Signed up for presentation of their project.
Urban Crypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2017, 04:58:23 AM

When you say I am right, do you mean that it makes no sense or that I was wrong :-)?

BenR

Activity: 134

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 07:25:01 AM

When you say I am right, do you mean that it makes no sense or that I was wrong :-)?

Or that he's not running it in 2 years
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 07:41:47 AM

Does the mass of users that invest in these ICO's deem that to be a bad thing though ?
I don't think they do.
I think they have this mentality about it all that as long as they get a small slice of the pie they are happy.

I also have to laugh and formally claim my dispute with them dev's having a reputable track record.
I call bullshit on that  Cheesy

FUD first & ask questions later™
Urban Crypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2017, 09:39:21 AM

Or that he's not running it in 2 years
That seems to be his MO

Morphling

Activity: 308
Merit: 134

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 09:50:47 AM

i also think eos gain too much, but it doesn't prevent me from investing, more and more projects are based on eos, maybe it will kill eth someday as it promised

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: