Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:59:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Always Bitcoin?  (Read 2066 times)
Ucy (OP)

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 04:17:32 PM

I still do not understand the current obsession with regulating Bitcoin. They claim it's to help put an end to online money laundering and other cyber crimes but why aren't they equally obsessed about Fiat?

What if there are hidden agendas, like phasing out paper currencies, forcefully uniting all countries and handover control to more evil entity?
I have some paper money on me that I can EASILY use to buy some harmful drugs and weapons yet no Northkorea-like government is monitoring how I spend this money. A responsible government would rather be where the stuff are purchased and help solving crimes. Trying hard to Police everything (without caring a bit about the word "privacy") is a sign of desperation & tyranny.
 I learned they are working hard to phase out cash for their cashless agenda. I bet over 70% of World governments will adopt the cashless thing too.

I have never used a Debit card online not that I don't understand it .. it instead doesn't feel safe to me.  My adoption of online currency started when I discovered Bitcoin. Bitcoin/Blockchain is the only thing that makes sense & feels natural to me.  Wonder why they are now trying hard to rewrite Bitcoin with some rogue codes.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 04:28:55 PM

I still do not understand the current obsession with regulating Bitcoin. They claim it's to help put an end to online money laundering and other cyber crimes but why aren't they equally obsessed about Fiat?

What if there are hidden agendas, like phasing out paper currencies, forcefully uniting all countries and handover control to more evil entity?
I have some paper money on me that I can EASILY use to buy some harmful drugs and weapons yet no Northkorea-like government is monitoring how I spend this money. A responsible government would rather be where the stuff are purchased and help solving crimes. Trying hard to Police everything (without caring a bit about the word "privacy") is a sign of desperation & tyranny.
 I learned they are working hard to phase out cash for their cashless agenda. I bet over 70% of World governments will adopt the cashless thing too.

I have never used a Debit card online not that I understand it .. it's b/c it doesn't feel safe to me.  My adoption of online currency started when I discovered Bitcoin. Bitcoin/Blockchain is the only thing that makes sense & feels natural to me.  Wonder why they are now trying hard to rewrite Bitcoin with some rogue codes.  
You have to realize that if you don't live in the states or in some country that doesn't really matter for geopolitics, you are 100% experiencing some form of government overreach and an attack on any freedoms that you have left for yourself in your own country. All over Europe, governments are expanding their control over the daily citizen's lives. Canada too, many other Angle countries have similar policies in place.

You have to realize that at this point, countries exist for money, and money alone. There is nothing that is done to secure nation-states anymore and as long as you are a taxpaying cog in society you mean nothing to the government. That is the world in a nutshell now; separated only (in name) by borders, with international trade being commonplace and something no-one wants to disrupt. That is why they seek to control and regulate Bitcoin, so that they bring in the money and still force you to play the game.

<<This twisted game needs to be reset!>>
thoper

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 04:33:02 PM

Investasi yang paling menjajikan untuk saat ini dan ke depan ya bitcoin
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 04:38:51 PM

I have never used a Debit card online not that I don't understand it .. it instead doesn't feel safe to me.  My adoption of online currency started when I discovered Bitcoin. Bitcoin/Blockchain is the only thing that makes sense & feels natural to me.  Wonder why they are now trying hard to rewrite Bitcoin with some rogue codes.  

I clearly understand your position but the way it is there is hardly anything anyone can do about it simply because of the fact the government have control over everything and the best way out is just to either conform and find a way to do your thing below the radar or just don't do it at all. If you have cash to buy things, what if you get sick and need to go to the hospital, will you also avoid that? Government all over the world has been trying endlessly to turn people to dummies all in the name of protecting us from ourselves and that's where I see bitcoin coming as a threat which they wont give up easily on.
elisabetheva

Activity: 1708
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 06:16:22 PM

Because it is the development of the times requires everything to change like this, the problem is safe or not, all the same, good paper money there is a weakness.
Which surely every change there are advantages and disadvantages, but it is definitely more practical.
cipotok

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 06:36:18 PM

Bitcoin is a very advanced era of digital transactions, because in the world of advanced and increasingly sophisticated technology required applications such as bitcoin karna can for transactions can also to supplement income ... so let's join in a more advanced era
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 06:38:59 PM

They are. Do you know how many billions are spent on making sure people spend their money legally? It's disgusting. Obviously I don't want to be funding a terrorist, but I'm not funding anyone here. This is bitcoin. You fund yourself and no bank can tell you otherwise.
smsohag

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 06:47:29 PM

Always bitcoin becouse bitcoin can make you happy with his values. I think at the time every kind of product can buy by the btc. Air ticket, cinema ticket bus ticket and many more thinks will buy by the btc at the time.
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 06:50:45 PM

They are. Do you know how many billions are spent on making sure people spend their money legally? It's disgusting. Obviously I don't want to be funding a terrorist, but I'm not funding anyone here. This is bitcoin. You fund yourself and no bank can tell you otherwise.

Yeah This is disgusting thought from op. He should understand more about bitcoin instead of speaking critics about bitcoin. I and many people believe in bitcoin that's why they are just be in a bitcoin related projects and investments else they won't do it.
Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 10:19:44 PM

They already know that physical cash is used for crime.

The point is that the banks' non-existent "digital money" is something that can be easily tracked and regulated, because all transactions go through a middleman.  With large money transfers people have to fill out suspicious activity reports to detail exactly what they were doing and why.

So it's about the gap between "online crime" and "crime".  I'd say that some governments were aiming for a cashless society so that they could regulate all transactions intensively - cryptocurrencies make this quite difficult.

It's important to note that most of governments' opposition to cryptocurrencies does not exist, and that Western governments have been surprisingly lenient to them.  This is just an explanation of why they would oppose BTC.
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 10:24:40 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2017, 05:59:22 PM by wxa7115

You pretty much answered yourself in your own post, there is an agenda and bitcoin was without a doubt not a part of the agenda and now the governments are trying to desperately try to regulate it but they do not have an idea how to enforce their laws and rules in bitcoin.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Kelvinid

Activity: 2800
Merit: 344

when lambo...

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 10:51:05 PM

Always bitcoin becouse bitcoin can make you happy with his values. I think at the time every kind of product can buy by the btc. Air ticket, cinema ticket bus ticket and many more thinks will buy by the btc at the time.
I agree.Bitcoin will be just like our fiat money able to pay all our transactions not just online but in the real world too.I guess this will happen few years from now because other countries are already accepting bitcoin as their mode of payment particularly japan.And it is very possible in my country too.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
Zenithar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 10:52:32 PM

that is a fact that people have spent a lot of money in bitcoin, may be more than billions of billions therefore i do not think that a sing issue can effect the price of bitcoin too much. a little bit effect will be there, but i think it will not be more than for some days and hope that after 1st August everything will come to normal very soon and hope that after that the price will become sky rocket, and no one will even get chance to buy bitcoin at such a low price.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 12:03:10 AM

There is no rewriting the code, Bitcoin is the current coin/code anything violating the current setup is not called BTC, it'll be bugcoin or other stupid names could be selected. if they are constantly trying to regulate Bitcoin could mean one thing, they truly have no control over the network, unlike it they own mostly all the other coins.

🖤😏
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 06:25:40 AM

I agree.Bitcoin will be just like our fiat money able to pay all our transactions not just online but in the real world too.I guess this will happen few years from now because other countries are already accepting bitcoin as their mode of payment particularly japan.And it is very possible in my country too.

Exactly, I even read somewhere that India has joined Japan in this regard and so by and large we are gaining global acceptance and this is the way to go especially now that we are approaching August 1.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 06:44:24 AM

The main point of this regulation is to control Bitcoin, the governments don't like anything that they can't control, the usage of Bitcoin and fiat is almost the same, Bitcoin also can be tracked, but it is harder to tracked, and to be honest it is easier to do transactions with fiat because you can do it using cash without any internet record

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2017, 06:56:02 AM

It's because of the public perception, the silk road made bitcoin drug money, it just got rid of that perception but people still want it to be unable for drug buying. Thing is the USD is the true king of drug money.

The number of people purchasing drugs from the street is many times more than the ones who purchase it from online dark markets such as Alphabay. But then why no one is calling to ban the fiat currencies such as the United States Dollar, which are used for these purchases?
LouVandetta

Activity: 602
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 07:05:21 AM

It might be because goverment hates anything that's out of their hands [they can't control]
Moreover with this drug purchases that used bitcoin as a payment method.
And of course to them cashes is more conventional in real world.
Kemarit
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 07:24:28 AM

The main point of this regulation is to control Bitcoin, the governments don't like anything that they can't control, the usage of Bitcoin and fiat is almost the same, Bitcoin also can be tracked, but it is harder to tracked, and to be honest it is easier to do transactions with fiat because you can do it using cash without any internet record

Exactly. Every government around the world want's to control everything. Fiat/Gold and anything that they can tax will get a hand on it. Bitcoin is de-centralized, which they don't like that's why the are putting a regulations around it. Look at China, PBoC recently put a tighter regulations because initially Chinese are taking advantage of it by creating fake trading volumes. So what happens? A lot of cash flow of the bitcoin market in China unregulated making a lot of individual profit huge without paying taxes to the Chinese government.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
wallstone

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 07:25:31 AM

I think why always bitcoin because of its price. Every second, every minute and every hour the price of bitcoin is always change and sometimes the price of bitcoin is rapidly goes up. As of now there are lot of people use the bitcoin because they know that it is the key to become millionaire in the future.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: