Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:27:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can i trust EtherDelta with my Private Keys ?  (Read 11015 times)
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:57:50 AM

Yes they are reliable .But make sure you check the url of the website to be sure you are on their website. There are a lot of scam url. so be careful your private key is not stolen .
This is where most people always make a huge mistake. They go to Google, search for EtherDelta platform and then click on an Ad placed on Google by some scammers.

For those who will be making use of EtherDelta, it is always better to even bookmark the main site of etherdelta or cross check the website you are inputting your private key very well before you end up giving scammers your private key. So many people have fallen for some of this so called cloned website.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Anita1873

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 06:07:21 AM

Hello,

I wanted to try etherdelta to trade my tokens.

Can i trust etherdelta with my Private keys ?
Yes, you can trust but never share your private key otherwise your wallet balance gone. It is a safe site but secure your system and always save your private key in safest place and always logged in private key where no traces saved.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
veraoktav127

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 06:23:57 AM

Hello,

many people have tried ether delta and they say safe, if still hesitate try a limited number of transactions

PHOENEX EXCHANGE                       
                               ● Taking Cryptocurrency Exchange to a New Height ●                               
TELEGRAMREDDITREDDITMEDIUMFACEBOOK   ◣WHITEPAPER   
myworkstrade

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 06:27:58 AM

For me,

YEs, you need to have precautionary measures, after you used your account there click the removed private key or forget private key or erased. Be sure to double check your balance before doing the transactions and be very extra careful with Etherdelta. Best way to protect yourself is keep private keys safes..

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]    [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]    [    ICO  |  May 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER             TWITTER             TELEGRAM             ANN THREAD

V1saya

Activity: 1050
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 06:33:17 AM

Yes, you can trust any such outfit with your privkeys - insofar as your personal 'sorry for your loss' threshold allows

This is perfect. And this does not only apply to Etherdelta. This applies to all trading sites. Every time you use an exchange platform, expect that there are always an integral risks involved. You should know and be aware all the time that the possibility that your coins are going to be hacked and siphoned off your wallet is always knocking at your door. This is so that when it finally comes, you will not be too shocked with what happened because you have known it all along.
jamel08

Activity: 98

"Highest ROI crypto infrastructure"

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 06:36:39 AM

Hello,

Yes it's safe to trade to etherdelta but don't give your private keys to anyone because you may lose your funds. And also be careful when trading in etherdelta familiarize your self first.

patz22

Activity: 1176
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 06:37:55 AM

We can definitely trust etherdelta. As a 1st timer in trading, I find it very user friendly when it comes on deposits and withdrawals. Yes, you have add your private keys since it is needed and I think it is secured - it is the 1st exchange that I have used so far and I don't have any problems using it.
Satish147

Activity: 420

Harmony for One and All

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 06:58:40 AM

Etherdelta is the most trusted decentralised exchange and available as a working product

Which is supported by most experts in Blockchain community like Vitalik Buterin and he is recently cemented as Etherdelta is most secured decentralised exchange.

Satish147

Activity: 420

Harmony for One and All

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 07:00:43 AM

But for every trade please try to use new private key. After completion of trade please remove or erase your account.

So that your accounts can be used only for trade purpose instead of storage

FDC1412

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:08:59 AM

well yes. Ether delta is one of the most reputable and trusted exchange platform. You can be calm when you enter your account to etherdelta.

vendy86

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 07:22:16 AM

i has trading at Etherdelta for a few months and never get trouble...
just keep away your device from malware etc...
always run Antivirus and dont open any suspicious link from email / browser

hasanate

Activity: 60

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:34:28 AM

i trust EtherDelta with my private key because of my coin or token is low and small..
but i see about EtherDelta in internet, youtube, forum, etc. etherdelta is big company and reputable exchange.
my advice, it's best if you have a big balance, please log out and remove your private key from etherdelta.
better to take care than to lost

nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:07:25 AM

I have not yet traded on this platform, but I think that Etherdelta does not store the private key from the wallet. You just need to carefully study the work of the platform in order not to make mistakes when selling or buying coins.

I also haven,t been on ether delta platform but i have heard it to be good. But why you want to use etherdelta when myetherwallet is available and it is more trusted and reliable. I would also like to hear if using etherdelta has some additional beneifits which are not avaiable on myetherwallet ?
EtherDelta is an exchange and it is a decentralized exchange which is why the private key is needed. I have been using Etherdelta for a very long time and I have never had any problem. The reason why most people use them is because you can easily exchange your ERC20 tokens for ETH on this platform once it is listed on it. The most important thing is just to be careful to ensure one is actually inputting private keys directly on EtherDelta and not a cloned phishing website which even with MEW, you can be a victim if you are not careful.
wiik

Activity: 293
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:09:54 AM

Of course you can trust them bro . They are an excellent exchange for the newcomers/newbie but a shitone for the veterans . All in all if your concerned for the security , i assure you that your private keys are safe . Though there has been phishing emails flying around this past few weeks claiming theyre from etherdelta support 2FA . Just dont click anything from your email . Bookmark your favorite/ most visited sites to avoid this kind of attacks .

eaglewhite80

Activity: 406
Merit: 36

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:11:30 AM

i has trading at Etherdelta for a few months and never get trouble...
just keep away your device from malware etc...
always run Antivirus and dont open any suspicious link from email / browser
This is the aspect most people have missed it anyway. I have been trading my tokens on Etherdelta for a while now and being a decentralized exchange is why inputting the private key is necessary. However, one should just be careful so as not to fall victim of some of the phishing websites as their sole aim is to make you believe you are on EtherDelta website while they get your private key. The worst part is that they make use of google ads and once you do a google search, they pop out first. Being careful is just all that matters, EtherDelta itself is not the problem.
hhxcwz1

Activity: 69

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:26:37 AM

yeah,of course you can trust EtherDelta.EtherDelta is a decentralized exchange.You have to import your private keys.Or you can use MEW wallet and parity wallet chrome plug-in.Welcome to the game!

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
lamby

Activity: 223

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 09:10:34 AM

Have been using them with private keys ever since. But one should be wary of hackers trying to find some loopholes in etherdelta to steal traders funds. Never keep more than necessary in an exchange
CryptRoller

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 09:18:34 AM

I have used EtherDelta but have never trusted the exchange fully.  I have a separate Ethereum address which I use only for EtherDelta.  I will transfer the tokens that I will trade on ED on this ETH address.  I do not keep any extra tokens in this address, so I am limiting my risk to only the tokens I am trading on ED. 

I think this is the best advice... It's not about trusting, it's about keeping a fair amount of healthy paranoia.

[   eGOLD  M I N I N G   ]    Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.
                                INVEST NOW                              
❪❪ WP | How it Works ❫❫   ◾ telegram  ◾ facebook  ◾ twitter
stockblock

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 09:20:30 AM

I have used EtherDelta but have never trusted the exchange fully.  I have a separate Ethereum address which I use only for EtherDelta.  I will transfer the tokens that I will trade on ED on this ETH address.  I do not keep any extra tokens in this address, so I am limiting my risk to only the tokens I am trading on ED. 

I think this is the best advice... It's not about trusting, it's about keeping a fair amount of healthy paranoia.

I hope its secure. I am planning to sell my tokens on EtherDelta ....
cryptomema

Activity: 224
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 09:22:08 AM

Dont be so sure with these websites,the best thing to do is to keep it to yourself,better than say sorry.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: