Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:03:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What exchange and wallet to use?  (Read 2060 times)
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 11:16:45 AM

Hi, newbie here and I'd really appreciate any answers.

I've been reading like mad and just have some fundamental questions:
1) What exchange do you use? On that exchange, do you buy with market or limit orders?
2) What wallet do you use? I am interested in a paper wallet that can hold multiple kinds of coins, not just bitcoin.

And I think that's about it. Thanks!
For me I use poloniex exchange and bittrex exchange for trading crypto currency because there are good and I like there features. On both of the exchange you can set your take profit and stop lose orders especially the margin trading feature. I don't use paper wallet account so I can't recommend anyone for you op.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 08:04:52 PM

1) What exchange do you use? On that exchange, do you buy with market or limit orders?
2) What wallet do you use? I am interested in a paper wallet that can hold multiple kinds of coins, not just bitcoin.

1 if bitcoin pair fiat money iam use local exchanger my country
   if altcoin, iam use bittrex, liqui, poloniex,c-cex and more
2 bitcoin wallet iam use electrum, altcoin wallet ussualy iam use official wallet , if use support much coin and safe you can use trezor
I will also agree with your recommendations. Bittrex and poloneix are two famous exchanges and a large portion of the traders are using these exchanges for the trading. As far as the wallet is concerned, electrum is the only choice. Electrum is not easy to use but also not easy to be hacked.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 08:21:29 PM

2 bitcoin wallet iam use electrum, altcoin wallet ussualy iam use official wallet , if use support much coin and safe you can use trezor
I will also agree with your recommendations. Bittrex and poloneix are two famous exchanges and a large portion of the traders are using these exchanges for the trading. As far as the wallet is concerned, electrum is the only choice. Electrum is not easy to use but also not easy to be hacked.

Electrum is not hard use buddy. Simply you need to have your wallet seed safely and password. I use personally blockchain.info as a wallet and to exchange it for Fiat. I use localbitcoins. Blockchain seems turns down the fees to 0.00022 btc as a fees and in LBC I could more trusted traders easily.
MANIKDS

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 10:58:43 AM

I use bittrex,poloniex exchange for tradding and blockchain wallet.
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:10:55 PM

Electrum is really easy to use from my experience. I don't know why I was using blockchain for so long, but I was using it for a pretty long time and still use it for small exchanges online, but after I swapped to electrum, I didn't find any issues and it was pretty simple. I agree with the difficulty of it being hacked, which is a part of the reason why I personallly switched. OP, use electrum right off the bat. I realize I made a mistake with blockchain down the road.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:18:46 PM

Yes , as someone on this thread said, if you wanna trade only bitcoin and main cryptos, then you should use Bitstamp or kraken for this purpose. If you wanna do altcoin trading then poloniex or bittrex are the best options.
By the way, holding bitcoins depends on you, if you are plaining to hold it for long time, then buy an offline wallet... if you wanna have it for buying purposes or exchanges then use blockchain, xapo, uphold, jaxx, etc.
homesidekick

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:52:53 PM

There is no one paper wallet. For every cryptocurrency, you'll require a different software from which you can then produce private keys that you can print along with the public address that you should store in vaults. Then you should bury these vaults in the ground and pour concrete over them.

Just kidding:)

But the good news is that since many tokens are based on the Ethereum ERC20 token specs, you can print paper wallets for these tokens from one wallet app, e.g. myetherwallet.
rhomzkie26

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:53:41 PM

- I most often used Bittrex exchange, hbtc and Livecoin and sometimes Etherdelta if I don't a choice to sell my coins.
    Then, yes I also bought a coins in the exchange that I used too and limiting myself also on buying it of course.

- If I am holding a bitcoin I used Electrum as a light wallet and Multibit.hd, then in terms of storing altcoins I used myetherwallet which is
    called MEW or exodus wallet then for the mobile coinomi apps.
hari9981

Activity: 546
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:01:58 PM

1. I use the exchange based on my many coins. because I will calculate the amount of profit I will get. I do not really understand about trading. I just sell and buy at a certain price. buy when the price is cheap and resell it when the price goes back up.
2. I use my wallet online because for me it is easy to use anywhere. so it can do transactions anywhere
bitterguy28

Activity: 2002
Merit: 175

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 11:20:50 PM

i used poliniex and bittrex wallet for my exchange for me this a trusted online exchange wllet,
i used local wallet legit here in my country i use it for my cashout withdrawal bitcoin converting into fiat cash money.

Shuvrofpro

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 10:33:03 AM

I mostly use bittrex exchange for trade and use coinbase wallet. I think bittrex is the best exchange for trade because bitrtrex is much secured and their support is response faster then others exchanges. Also their account verification system is very reliable.  It has a many coin and most of them stable coin.
Nowadays myether wallet is becoming popular I but mostly use coinbase.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 10:49:15 AM

I mostly use bittrex exchange for trade and use coinbase wallet. I think bittrex is the best exchange for trade because bitrtrex is much secured and their support is response faster then others exchanges. Also their account verification system is very reliable.  It has a many coin and most of them stable coin.
Nowadays myether wallet is becoming popular I but mostly use coinbase.
What are you smoking? Bittrex has thousands and thousands of complaints to dig through regarding their pending account verification, and their support is amongst the slowest of all the major exchanges.

And then I haven't even mentioned the thousands of blocked accounts of long term accounts, often referred to as legacy accounts. Browse through this forum to understand how severe the problems actually are.

I very much doubt that you are actually using Bittrex, or you managed to register your account with fake details to walk yourself through the first account verification level. That works as long as they don't ask for your ID and such.

They at some point will change their policies and force everyone to go through ID and selfie verification combined with a scan of your utility bill.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
cryptobull3

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:14:01 AM

for exchanges :

i use Binance , kucoin , would rather binance though! i used its mobile app
for wallet i use myetherwallet and blockchain.info but better option would be nano ledger i heard and would buy one as soon as i get some profit in my portfolio!

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: