Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:35:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Yacoin Price about to Jump  (Read 10273 times)
Hydroponica

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

fml

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 11:20:01 PM

LOL he said BFL.  Roll Eyes

BFL has started shipping, and those who got their units, seemed pleased with them...

Yeah, just like these have https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=203342.0

K.

What? Are you banned from BFL forums or something? Jalapeno's have started shipping...

Desten

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 11:58:18 PM

they added CNC when CNC was .002 or close

No, they added CNC when it was ~0.00365 BTC (. I've seen this moment half hour after that. And there are one man who i suppose missed a key and plase buy order with 1:1 price than cancelled it. Then 24hours after that graph is fixed and showed a current situation right. From moment of adding CNC this coin falls fast, then two or three pumps and now we see current price..
Kruncha

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 12:07:11 AM

LOL he said BFL.  Roll Eyes

BFL has started shipping, and those who got their units, seemed pleased with them...

Yeah, just like these have https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=203342.0

K.

What? Are you banned from BFL forums or something? Jalapeno's have started shipping...

lol, you took me seriously (did you not read the post) Grin

K.
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 02:33:14 AM

You'd be better keeping it to yourself, because if these fanboys, find out that it's being GPU mined, they'll have nothing left to hold on too.

One thing to consider is that, one doesn't just GPU mine YaCoins. GPU mining YACs has to be more profitable than CPU mining YACs + GPU mining something else, otherwise it's a waste. Anyone doing it would have to believe YAC value would skyrocket.

At it's current prices, YAC isn't profitable to mine, with anything

Lol.  at .00001 YAC is profitable to mine for a lot of people.  Remove electric and server costs (and thief's and botnets) and there is likely a population with access to cputime with $0 cost.  I know a lot of call centers with hundreds of low power seldom used PC's.  If each gets 10Khash and the electric is included in rent, a system admin could easily work out a profit sharing deal to use the PC's on off hours.  Even at $1 a month once automated it's profitable.

Yeah, because that makes much more sense then setting up 4x 7970's, and mining LTC....Or ordering a rig or 2 from BFL, and mining BTC, @ 40w / 5GH/s   Roll Eyes
Are people really this stupid?

Ah.  It makes more sense to use the spare 99% cpu power on those LTC mining rigs to do something, anything at all.  Unless your concerned about power and hardware costs.

It makes 0 sense to have a bunch of 7xxx cards mining LTC with Idle cpus which could generate even $.10 per month.

Tell you what all mighty, give me and everyone else using our spare cpu cycles $1 a month and we'll stop?  No? not a good deal?

Hydroponica

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

fml

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 02:35:47 AM

You'd be better keeping it to yourself, because if these fanboys, find out that it's being GPU mined, they'll have nothing left to hold on too.

One thing to consider is that, one doesn't just GPU mine YaCoins. GPU mining YACs has to be more profitable than CPU mining YACs + GPU mining something else, otherwise it's a waste. Anyone doing it would have to believe YAC value would skyrocket.

At it's current prices, YAC isn't profitable to mine, with anything

Lol.  at .00001 YAC is profitable to mine for a lot of people.  Remove electric and server costs (and thief's and botnets) and there is likely a population with access to cputime with $0 cost.  I know a lot of call centers with hundreds of low power seldom used PC's.  If each gets 10Khash and the electric is included in rent, a system admin could easily work out a profit sharing deal to use the PC's on off hours.  Even at $1 a month once automated it's profitable.

Yeah, because that makes much more sense then setting up 4x 7970's, and mining LTC....Or ordering a rig or 2 from BFL, and mining BTC, @ 40w / 5GH/s   Roll Eyes
Are people really this stupid?

Ah.  It makes more sense to use the spare 99% cpu power on those LTC mining rigs to do something, anything at all.  Unless your concerned about power and hardware costs.

It makes 0 sense to have a bunch of 7xxx cards mining LTC with Idle cpus which could generate even $.10 per month.

Tell you what all mighty, give me and everyone else using our spare cpu cycles $1 a month and we'll stop?  No? not a good deal?

What? I am concerned about power costs...I don't live with my parents, I have a power bill to pay. The hashrate of my CPU's, and the value of YAC, does not cover the cost of running my CPU's at %100 load, 24/7. And I'm not going to use my profits from my GPU's, to cover the loss. This is business. Are you slow?

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 02:38:27 AM

Tell you what all mighty, give me and everyone else using our spare cpu cycles $1 a month and we'll stop?  No? not a good deal?

If the added load on the CPUs cost more than they rake in, they are losing you money not gaining money, so unless you are just making sure you get the max electricity your rent includes, or are stealing the use of other people's CPUs, it is not always economical to run the CPUs mining something compared to letting them idle.

It was economical CPU mining BBQcoin for a year or so, and possibly might turn out to to have been CPU mining Tenebrix and Fairbrix, but most coins using CPUs on them is a net loss.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
WindMaster

Activity: 347

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 02:38:49 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2013, 12:19:23 AM by WindMaster

I think Yacoin might stay, You have Bitcoin being ASIC friendly, Litecoin being GPU friendly and then Yacoin being CPU friendly. When Netcoin is released maybe it will be FPGA friendly, and we will be full circle, lol. Who knows, right? Tongue

Actually, I think Yacoin is the FPGA-friendly choice, at least while it continues using scrypt+chacha/keccak(32,1,1) for a couple more days.

I can't be the only one who looked at this variant of scrypt and decided that fast external RAM was not necessarily needed at N=32..
antimattercrusader

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 03:05:22 AM

Damn son... you're making pretty good bank there.

BTC: 13WYhobWLHRMvBwXGq5ckEuUyuDPgMmHuK
vlaoou321

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 03:10:54 AM

COME ON

Reputation https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=198808.new#new
Tip: 1CtNCGTyhVkp6AzRwhTsqjkWgwCqk1vSjA
WindMaster

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 03:12:03 AM

Damn son... you're making pretty good bank there.

There's only so much time between now and when N changes to 64 though.  That will spoil the fun, at least for a while.

Someone hurry up and launch a new alt-coin (with advance notice this time), forked from Yacoin, and just use N=32 permanently.  Smiley
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 04:14:58 AM

I think Yacoin might stay, You have Bitcoin being ASIC friendly, Litecoin being GPU friendly and then Yacoin being CPU friendly. When Netcoin is released maybe it will be FPGA friendly, and we will be full circle, lol. Who knows, right? Tongue

Actually, I think Yacoin is the FPGA-friendly choice, at least while it continues using scrypt+chacha/kekkac(32,1,1) for a couple more days.

[Omitting pictures to shorten post.]

I can't be the only one who looked at this variant of scrypt and decided that fast external RAM was not necessarily needed at N=32..

It's so refreshing seeing those with an understanding of what the (N,1,1) could do.  Hehe.  And as N increases, the renewed hype surrounding this coin will allow you to make an awesome amount in the short term.   Cheesy
limitless

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 04:18:17 AM

what is FPGA?

My yacoin giveaway: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=199716.0 - Need more people to donate in order to keep it going.
My yacoin bounty thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200252.0 - If you want to add bounties, just post here.
YAC address: YKmZSWKiqc9MPzmZ89SAwyXM4wSQqoQE3J
ymer

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 04:20:32 AM

Actually, I think Yacoin is the FPGA-friendly choice, at least while it continues using scrypt+chacha/kekkac(32,1,1) for a couple more days.

[sadimg]https://i.imgur.com/iHkY6sK.jpg[/img]

[sadimg]https://i.imgur.com/wdVV6xc.jpg[/img]

You should really solo mine..
WindMaster

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 04:29:02 AM

Indeed.  That's what I'll be up to shortly, as I just got pushpool going for YAC.
limitless

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 04:30:08 AM

So what is fpga and how do you mine with it?
Are they expensive?

My yacoin giveaway: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=199716.0 - Need more people to donate in order to keep it going.
My yacoin bounty thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200252.0 - If you want to add bounties, just post here.
YAC address: YKmZSWKiqc9MPzmZ89SAwyXM4wSQqoQE3J
ymer

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 04:30:29 AM

Indeed.  That's what I'll be up to shortly, as I just got pushpool going for YAC.

GL brah, I just jumped off the ship, got 4 CPUs for a total of 600kHash and my estimate reward per day is 14 coins or 0.012 BTC lol

if you feel generous pm when you are about to pump or dump to make my move Tongue
vlaoou321

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:00:42 AM

down

Reputation https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=198808.new#new
Tip: 1CtNCGTyhVkp6AzRwhTsqjkWgwCqk1vSjA
WindMaster

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:42:16 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2013, 07:07:57 AM by WindMaster

So what is fpga and how do you mine with it?
Are they expensive?

They're not expensive at all!  In fact, you can make your own.  All you need to do is add "testnet=1" to your yacoin.conf file.  This will immediately jack up your hash rates and block acquisition rate immensely!

Edit - That was just for limitless, our favorite scammer.  No one really add "testnet=1" to your yacoin.conf file.
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 01:38:18 PM

If the added load on the CPUs cost more than they rake in, they are losing you money not gaining money, so unless you are just making sure you get the max electricity your rent includes, or are stealing the use of other people's CPUs, it is not always economical to run the CPUs mining something compared to letting them idle.

Mining BTC with CPU early was not profitable but it turned out Satoshi and early adopters made amazing deal out of it later. There is no reason why YAC could not end same way.

Yeah, people are starting to care that BTC is slow... YAC be fast.

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
tclo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 01:42:47 PM

I've never heard of this one...there must be two new alt.coins coming out every day lately.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: