Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:45:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the best source of news?  (Read 3627 times)
User365

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

physics, mathematics and engineering

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 10:53:59 PM

I think is very important to have many different sources of news, because

1. Different sources have differnent opinions
2. Different sources have different focuses

I read several rss feeds in my native language, and of course I am informed about important news on bitcointalk.

[could be your ad]
prehisto (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 10:23:02 PM

If you use an iPhone (or iOS device) you can try the BTCnews app that pulls in news throughout the day from a few dozen sources, including all the main ones as well as two Chinese sources (in English). You can filter out any sources you do not want to see, and the app is free.
[full disclosure: I am the developer of the app. the app, as mentioned, is free, and no, in no way does it make me rich  Sad  ]

http://apple.co/1GlPVnz

In this case unfortunately I do not use Apple, I use Android .
Best of luck with the app !

Recently downloaded app "cryptocurrency News" which seems very good , because includes all the mayor sites and can be customised .

But it stops working when i click on article of interest which is a huge bummer.
Will try the app mentioned here before.

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
caeles

Activity: 304
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 10:35:19 PM

News are pretty important.
I think that it is general knowledge that there are events which are affecting or might affect the crypto market situation .
Thus its important to have fast, reliable and objective source of relevant events.

Right now my information sources mainly are: bitcoin.com, this forum and recently vice news

Vice recently had good article : https://news.vice.com/story/bitcoin-and-ether-recovering-from-weekend-crash

Bitcoin.com has pretty unique news feed. But downside is  sponsored articles and i would like more depth ,analysis in market situation and ideally relevant news from China in English.

Which cryto currency related news are the best in your mind ?

The best source of news for me is the one who can be trusted, the one that can really give the right information about that news. The best source of the news is depending on the person who will be given that news, if he will be going to believe or not. There are so many sources of news just read, listen, or watch to know what is the best source of news.

The best crypto currency related news in my mind is bitcoin.com because it has a lot of information about bitcoin. When I open that site I've learn a lot about bitcoin.

Lyancy001

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 10:45:56 PM

News? I preferred, coinmarketcap.com  Grin
lesom

Activity: 756
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:14:27 AM

As for me the best source of news is its own investigation or independent media sources such as medium or stymet, the main thing is always to check information

bilman

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:23:37 AM

bud, you got to reading and do your own research.
I did some reading from Quora.
Achargeturry78

Activity: 630
Merit: 267

Just follow the rules

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:27:40 AM

News are pretty important.
I think that it is general knowledge that there are events which are affecting or might affect the crypto market situation .
Thus its important to have fast, reliable and objective source of relevant events.

Right now my information sources mainly are: bitcoin.com, this forum and recently vice news

Vice recently had good article : https://news.vice.com/story/bitcoin-and-ether-recovering-from-weekend-crash

Bitcoin.com has pretty unique news feed. But downside is  sponsored articles and i would like more depth ,analysis in market situation and ideally relevant news from China in English.

Which cryto currency related news are the best in your mind ?

I have this channel on telegram where they update regularly about the cryptoworld. not just by an update with the coin but all of the happenings on the cryptoworld. you can join this channel by searching altcoins channel.
Tron Foundation

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 06:04:01 AM

This might have been mentioned already in this thread, but even if it was mentioned I think it is an important point that deserves reiteration.

As bitcoin and cryptocurrency look to become more and more mainstream, it is important to keep an eye on the mainstream news. A major, prominent source that comes to mind for me is something like CNBC. While CNBC may not provide the "best" news, it is nonetheless a hugely influential source of news on Wall Street and for mainstream financial news.

So while it might not have the most in-depth technical details (for example I can't recall CNBC ever telling bitcoin holders to make sure that they held their private keys prior to the fork on August 1 - though I could be wrong) it is important to watch to see how the mainstream news responds. There has been some recent technical analyses done on the network where traders are discussing when they think they could buy (based on the Goldman Sachs report) as well as debates on the merits of bitcoin vs. gold for example.

Watching this mainstream news is important for viewing how mainstream media might be more and more accepting of crypto. 
Domenc

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 06:41:32 AM

I believe cointelegraph is ok, but if you want to understand things better you need to find some cryptoguy who will enlight you about all details.
n4poleon

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 07:17:35 AM

Usually slack is quite doing the job. Especially when you're active at it. Take time to lurk on their #development channel. Mainstream news is already late in my opinion. Or sometimes news are being announce on forums.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:37:42 AM

The best source of news for me is here in our forum. If there is a hot news that just came up in the cryptocurrency world then there will be someone of this forum who will post some topic that is related to that and that is how i get the most of the news for cryptocurrency for some fundamentals like news.
mvidetto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:04:20 AM

Bitcoin talk. Honestly it is the only source where I have found useful information for making some important decisions.
helloicon

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 09:08:24 AM

Well,... I usually refer to coindesk for news searching, but there are many other info sources that you can use.
Rimon365

Activity: 623

CLEARSIGHT- THE #1 BLOCKCHAIN JOB PLATFORM

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 09:14:28 AM

I do not know which is the best source of news. But I read coindesk.com and it seems to me the best.

btc78

Activity: 2534
Merit: 215

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:29:53 AM

I do not know which is the best source of news. But I read coindesk.com and it seems to me the best.

The really best source of news for me in this forum. You can't find more people who have been in the industry for so long other than this forum. Those articles are sometimes paid, so don't expect a lot of content in it. I would rather go here and read a lot of comments and discussions than getting from somewhere else.

luxcoin

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

Guard your privacy

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:32:35 AM

You should check many souces. Don't be focus only in one.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
Blockchain File Signatures
deeponion.org
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:39:43 AM

Twitter is definitely my best source of news. The only problem is that is takes some time to find out who to follow. Some people seem sane, but are really completly crazy. And others seems to be insane, but are actually smart and able to see trough the bullshit.
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:47:14 AM

Cointelegraph has been mentioned several times already, and I find it pretty reliable too. It covers pretty much everything. I also like news.btc, livebitcoinnews.com and coinidol.com. Reading the news is one thing, making up your own mind about something is totally different. Rely on the news only partly
SMSCHAIN

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

Decentralized A2P SMS platform

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 09:32:32 AM

I use Google Alers for any news feed I need. It's very handy. You set it up once and get all the news right into your e-mail box. Settings allow you to choose the frequency of e-mails you're getting, the country of news origin, the language, the sourses, etc.
To set up the alert you only need to type the keyword you want to be alerted about. So, in this cse it can be 'bitcoin', 'altcoin', 'cryptocurrency', etc.

Here's a direct link to the tool: https://www.google.com/alerts

justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 10:36:41 AM

Usually slack is quite doing the job. Especially when you're active at it. Take time to lurk on their #development channel. Mainstream news is already late in my opinion. Or sometimes news are being announce on forums.
There are several sources of news, and I will advise you not to rely on only one. You should use several news sites than make use of one. The first site I was using was cryptocoinsnews.com, but I have stopped using it. I’m currently using cointelegraph.com and coindesk, and they’re quite reliable. Bitcointalk.org forum can also be a reliable source.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: