Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:19:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DisLedger sale ends at midnight UTC/8:00PM EDT... Join this incredible DLT now!!  (Read 28421 times)
DisLedger (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 07:21:58 PM

Again same over and over again, Fast,Safe,Secure okay, we have already many coins like that why we need another coin like this?

Because DisLedger is unlike any other technology out there.

Every other DLT implementation is just a minor modification of Bitcoin's blockchain. DisLedger is completely different.
If you could only give one simple sentence as to how DisLedger is different, what would you say?

DisLedger creates private, shared ledgers between counterparties, so they are the only ones that ever see that data and can process hundreds of thousands of transactions per second.

DisLedger is a fundamentally different architecture than blockchain and solves the scaling and privacy issues. It's designed for financial institutions, capital markets, and payment systems where scale is required and data privacy is mandated by regulation.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
2l84aa

Activity: 185
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:45:04 PM

Will you be doing anything to prevent traders from buying these tokens only to dump them at the first exchange? The reputation of a lot of ICOs seems to suffer because of this.
How would you propose they do that?
You mean you want them to announce new restrictions that they didn't disclose at the time we made our purchases? You mean you want to restrict people further on what they can do with their own property?

I know this may be a revolutionary concept for some but, regulation isn't always evil!
bananafana

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:51:27 PM

Will you be doing anything to prevent traders from buying these tokens only to dump them at the first exchange? The reputation of a lot of ICOs seems to suffer because of this.
How would you propose they do that?
You mean you want them to announce new restrictions that they didn't disclose at the time we made our purchases? You mean you want to restrict people further on what they can do with their own property?

I know this may be a revolutionary concept for some but, regulation isn't always evil!

Surely you can see why, being in an environment like we are, so many of us are so against it. Too many people in power tend to benefit from doing things their way rather than what's good for most. So the easiest way to prevent conflict of interest with those of authority is to have as little regulation as possible.
okspam

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:04:22 PM

Any talks planned in the near future from the DisLedger team? I'd love to see you at one of the conventions.

Hi DisLedger will be presenting on a panel with R3, Axoni, and Digital Assets Holdings at Fintech Week held by the Institute of International Economic Law on October 18-20. IIEL website with information

Other participants will be regulators, financial institutions, and investors from multiple countries.

Do you know if this is open to the public? I can't find much info on the website.

I think you have to RSVP.

The RSVP could just be to reserve a spot in case the venue is full.
Cryptot86

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:22:06 PM

Can someone please clarify ?

When, DCL tokens are more like license to use the technology and this technology can scale to handle multiple transactions per second, As a investor, how the token price will appreciate ? Is it only, if the technology becomes very hot on the market and everyone wants to use this technology ? or is DCL only for people who wants to use this technology for their applications ?
BuyingFast

Activity: 230
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:50:55 PM

Found about this on Quora. Why the hype, guys?
2l84aa

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:47:59 PM

What users do you wish to target? Give me an example of your stereotypical customer.
DisLedger (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 07:56:59 PM

What users do you wish to target? Give me an example of your stereotypical customer.

DisLedger is designed for permissioned networks that deal with sensitive or financial information. Our customers need high speed processing and complete privacy of their data.

So we deal with large enterprise customers like banks, financial institutions, stock markets, etc. Because we can now offer the DisLedger technology on a per-transaction basis as opposed to a large, upfront license fee, we are expanding support for small and medium sized companies now too.

celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:06:56 PM

DisLedger is designed for permissioned networks that deal with sensitive or financial information. Our customers need high speed processing and complete privacy of their data.

So we deal with large enterprise customers like banks, financial institutions, stock markets, etc. Because we can now offer the DisLedger technology on a per-transaction basis as opposed to a large, upfront license fee, we are expanding support for small and medium sized companies now too.

So would individuals have any use for this technology?

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
DisLedger (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 08:16:15 PM

So would individuals have any use for this technology?

The majority of times individuals would not even realize that DisLedger was 'under the hood' For example in a mobile, peer-to-peer money transfer system DisLedger would connect the banks of the sender and receiver and handle the payment on behalf of their individual account holders (like Zelle).

We have had people ask about building private messaging systems with DisLedger proving that the messages hadn't been altered. It would be a modern version of a notary public and certified-mail system. That would be a situation where individuals would run DisLedger's technology directly.
okspam

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:44:52 PM

We have had people ask about building private messaging systems with DisLedger proving that the messages hadn't been altered. It would be a modern version of a notary public and certified-mail system. That would be a situation where individuals would run DisLedger's technology directly.

Did anything come of people coming to you for this in particular?
BuyingFast

Activity: 230
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:54:10 PM

Been looking at this more for the last few hours. I must say I am impressed.
gerad09

Activity: 192

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:11:19 PM

Again same over and over again, Fast,Safe,Secure okay, we have already many coins like that why we need another coin like this?

Every other DLT implementation is just a minor modification of Bitcoin's blockchain. DisLedger is completely different.

If you could only give one simple sentence as to how DisLedger is different, what would you say?
Yeah not that i'm hating on this Coin but i think that it's better to invest in already established Privacy Coins like Monero,Zcash,Cloak or ONIONS team are very active.

___ dock.io _______Decentralized professional data exchange powered by Ethereum_______
WHITEPAPER          FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM          ANN THREAD
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DisLedger (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 09:16:53 PM

They just have been looking at the idea for a few weeks, so hopefully they will go ahead and build something out.

If anyone has an idea for a system and wants to get some feedback, send a note to info@DisLedger.com
DisLedger (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 09:23:45 PM

Yeah not that i'm hating on this Coin but i think that it's better to invest in already established Privacy Coins like Monero,Zcash,Cloak or ONIONS team are very active.

Thanks, yes there is some interesting technology out there. 

We're focused on the enterprise scale customers that need high speed (hundreds of thousands of transactions per second) which really differentiates us.

No one else come close to our speed.

BlitzandBitz

Activity: 248

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:38:02 PM

Thanks, yes there is some interesting technology out there. 

We're focused on the enterprise scale customers that need high speed (hundreds of thousands of transactions per second) which really differentiates us.

No one else come close to our speed.

I think the last I saw ETH was limited to 20/second? Yours is so much faster because it doesn't have to be confirmed by a bunch of unrelated users right? It's just confirmed by the parties involved manually?
2l84aa

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:22:44 PM

That's to be expected I suppose. As long as the right people know about it, it doesn't really matter if the general public does.
okspam

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:47:35 PM

They just have been looking at the idea for a few weeks, so hopefully they will go ahead and build something out.

Sounds like it has potential, I hope they decide to work on it. Can you disclose the company behind that?
celestio

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:55:46 PM

Do you guys have a slack or only telegram?

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
earthcoin

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 08:00:39 PM

can you ELI5 what exactly this does? I understand that it keeps track of transactions using blockchain, but isn't it offline? How do transactions get confirmed that way?

Am I way off?

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: