Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 10:56:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with my portfolio  (Read 1041 times)
kinng113 (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 03:09:29 AM

Hi, I have been lurking for a while finally decided to start investing

my portfolio consists of

50% Viacoin
30% antshares
15% waves
5% Gamecredits

I have made slight profit but I am a newbie in investing should I reduce my stakes in viacoin and invest in something else?
Fatunad

Activity: 2254
Merit: 354

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 03:19:12 AM

my portfolio consists of

50% Viacoin
30% antshares
15% waves
5% Gamecredits

I have made slight profit but I am a newbie in investing should I reduce my stakes in viacoin and invest in something else?

Better to put some more on waves and antshares since i do know these coins do have potential. I didnt heard about Viacoin or just been missed by me i cant actually tell since i dont have any idea. You portfolio is good just make a little adjustments on partitioning it on maximizing profits later on.
White sugar
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 03:21:10 AM

Why your choices, sir Huh
ticterine

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 04:24:32 AM

These coins are garbage outside of ANS
MadPanda

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 04:26:06 AM

Its a losing battle between waves and game credits the time to invest was 4 months ago, Antshares is the way to go and please tell me why you think Viacoin is worth donkey dick?

rayk

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 04:58:29 AM

You should also add such info: short term or long term, it may changes our comments entirely. Viacoin is not good for long term
shade_wrath

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 05:15:17 AM

replace Viacoin by Stratis or LBRY Credits ... both are good coins and lot of potential + Growth in future.

________Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency________
█████████ ██ ███ ██      PUNDI X     ██ ███ ██ █████████
Whitepaper      Twitter      Facebook      Telegram      Medium      Youtube
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 05:21:19 AM

I'd sell some of the Viacoin.
XRP is an excellent long-term bet; research it and see what you think. Not many coins solve a current real-world problem, but XRP does.
ETH is another good long-termer. Just look at the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance.
aidanb

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:24:48 AM

You may want to invest a percentage of your portfolio in a cryptocurrency resistant to quantum computing.

User BlockHedge in the Quantum Resistant Ledger (QRL) announcement thread put it best:

Whether other crypto projects are overvalued or not is irrelevant to how I view QRL.  Let's say for example I own $10,000 worth of stocks.  I may very well take a $1,000 (10%) position in gold to offset my market risk.  It doesn't matter if the current PE ratio is 5 or 25, my gold hedge will react the same - with a negative correlation to the stock market assuming a black swan event.  This is how I view QRL - as both a hedge and as insurance.

So, therefore If I own $10,000 of crypto, and I want to diversify and protect against risk, what do I do?  I can't control government regulations or whales manipulating markets.  Those risks will always exist.  But the ultimate risk is quantum computing hacking (and thereby undermining the confidence of) the entire crypto space.  Once confidence is lost, it can take years or longer to be regained (assuming other cryptos adapt and become quantum resistant).  So if/when quantum hacking becomes an imminent risk, and hacks begin, and funds are lost, QRL will act with a negative correlation to all the other non-QP crypto.  So my crypto $10,000 might turn into $1,000 in a week, but my 10% QRL hedge position might go from $1,000 to $9,000 thereby netting me zero, but allowing me not to lose my shorts in the overall quantum hacking panic.  QRL is the hedge that any serious crypto believer ought to take seriously.  I believe investors are both smart and have a desire to protect their crypto investments to the greatest extent possible within their control.  And if others learn about QRL, and learn about the real quantum threats that currently exist and that are on the horizon, why would they not take a position in it?  What is the downside?  Being the first Quantum secure and most secure crypto is worthy of a top 30 coin (or better) from my foxhole.

I see quantum computing as a bigger threat to crypto than people think, and when it happens almost all crypto currencies are at risk. So it might be a good idea to put a percentage in a project like QRL, as a hedge against post quantum age.
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 09:25:59 AM

my portfolio consists of

50% Viacoin
30% antshares
15% waves
5% Gamecredits

I guess you should get your viacoin stash down to 5% and invest it into other altcoins that have potential right now. You can also use 40% of your stash that you will get to add more on waves, I think it got more potential to grow than viacoin. You can use the remaining 5% left of your stash that you will get by selling some viacoin stash into investing on other promising coins such as stratis, ethereum and many others.
PXVX

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 11:46:25 AM

You may want to invest a percentage of your portfolio in a cryptocurrency resistant to quantum computing.

User BlockHedge in the Quantum Resistant Ledger (QRL) announcement thread put it best:

Whether other crypto projects are overvalued or not is irrelevant to how I view QRL.  Let's say for example I own $10,000 worth of stocks.  I may very well take a $1,000 (10%) position in gold to offset my market risk.  It doesn't matter if the current PE ratio is 5 or 25, my gold hedge will react the same - with a negative correlation to the stock market assuming a black swan event.  This is how I view QRL - as both a hedge and as insurance.

So, therefore If I own $10,000 of crypto, and I want to diversify and protect against risk, what do I do?  I can't control government regulations or whales manipulating markets.  Those risks will always exist.  But the ultimate risk is quantum computing hacking (and thereby undermining the confidence of) the entire crypto space.  Once confidence is lost, it can take years or longer to be regained (assuming other cryptos adapt and become quantum resistant).  So if/when quantum hacking becomes an imminent risk, and hacks begin, and funds are lost, QRL will act with a negative correlation to all the other non-QP crypto.  So my crypto $10,000 might turn into $1,000 in a week, but my 10% QRL hedge position might go from $1,000 to $9,000 thereby netting me zero, but allowing me not to lose my shorts in the overall quantum hacking panic.  QRL is the hedge that any serious crypto believer ought to take seriously.  I believe investors are both smart and have a desire to protect their crypto investments to the greatest extent possible within their control.  And if others learn about QRL, and learn about the real quantum threats that currently exist and that are on the horizon, why would they not take a position in it?  What is the downside?  Being the first Quantum secure and most secure crypto is worthy of a top 30 coin (or better) from my foxhole.

I see quantum computing as a bigger threat to crypto than people think, and when it happens almost all crypto currencies are at risk. So it might be a good idea to put a percentage in a project like QRL, as a hedge against post quantum age.
QRL is imo a great Investment idea! It will probably not give you the x100 within the next week but I think it promises a good and steady rise over time, until it gets really big one day  Cheesy
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 12:03:30 PM

my portfolio consists of

50% Viacoin
30% antshares
15% waves
5% Gamecredits

I guess you should get your viacoin stash down to 5% and invest it into other altcoins that have potential right now. You can also use 40% of your stash that you will get to add more on waves, I think it got more potential to grow than viacoin. You can use the remaining 5% left of your stash that you will get by selling some viacoin stash into investing on other promising coins such as stratis, ethereum and many others.

Yes, waves look very promising for the longer term perspective. You also can lease these waves to earn some minor rewards every week. Also, there will be some airdrop now and then so if you keep these coins in your wallets you will make some profit over the time. I also invested in NEM, STRAT, IOTA, Ripple, ETH, LTC and BURST for long term profits.
kinng113 (OP)

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 12:45:51 PM

I am holding VIAcoin short term because it has a good road map for the year, waves and antshare are my long term hold >2 years. Game credits I am holding midterm
Calangaman

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 12:55:47 PM

Any sound portfolio should at least have 50% on BTC and ETH.

For the rest, you may take positions on LTC, MONA and Vertcoin.
jyotianand01

Activity: 980

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 02:42:04 PM

If you want good rising coins with strong future, you can add waves and stratis to your portfolio, as both have strong future.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   
WPPENERGY
.World Power Production.

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   

..INQUIRE..
━━━━━━━━
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 02:56:23 PM

bitbay
blocknet
ltc
cloak
cbx

add some of those and thank me in a year.

HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 04:01:01 PM

No BTC, LTC, XMR, SIA?

Your list have serious issues.

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
jzone23

Activity: 194

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:41:19 PM

If you want good rising coins with strong future, you can add waves and stratis to your portfolio, as both have strong future.
If I were to ask I would follow your advice dude since I also see bright future with waves and stratis together with some eth tokens (ICO) but as of now since I dont have a huge fund I am trading those coins from time to time. Buying them on redbath and sell once price pump.

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram
chutchmcgillicutty

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:42:44 PM

What this guy said^^^

GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ADVERTISING EXCHANGE

Token sale: MAY 21

▄█▄      ▄█▄        
                                 █████    █████       
                        ▄██▄     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▄█▄    ▀██▀                           
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
                ▀█▀                                    
          ▄                      ▄█▄      ▄█▄        
         ▀█▀           ▄██▄    █████    █████       
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▀█▀                                    
           ▄                      ▄█▄     ▄█▄        
          ▀█▀            ▄██▄   █████   █████       
    ██            ▄█▄   ▀██▀    ▀█▀     ▀█▀        
             ▄    ▀█▀                                 
            ▀█▀                         ▄█▄           
       ██              ▄█▄   ▄██▄    █████          
                  ▄    ▀█▀   ▀██▀     ▀█▀           
                 ▀█▀                                   
            ██                   ▄██▄                 
                    ▄     ▄█▄   ▀██▀                 
                   ▀█▀    ▀█▀                          

▄█   ▄█  ▄█        ▄█████▄   ▀█▄     ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▄▄▄▄▄   ██▀   ▀██    ▀█▄  ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▀▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ████   
██   ██  ██   ██  ██▄   ▄█    ▄██▀▀██▄   
▀██████▀  ▀██████▀  ▀███████▀   ▄██▀   ▀██▄
Telegram
Facebook
ANN Thread
Youtube
LinkedIn
Twitter
Medium
Reddit
Github
Calangaman

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 07:58:39 PM

What this guy said^^^

Maybe you forgot that you bought your altcoins with BTC or ETH...
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: