Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:31:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the best way to mine bitcoin?  (Read 8736 times)
ss_33 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 10:31:59 PM

There are many ways to mine bitcoin these days, however, lots of them are spam (or not worth of your time). For example, bitcoinplus charges a big transaction fee just to withdraw the earnings. There are some websites where you can claim daily winning but it is very small amount. How do you guys mine your bitcoins? Is there really no way to mine bitcoin without purchasing hardware dedicated for mining?

Please share what you think. If you had some bad experience, please post it as well so other people can avoid it. Thank you for your contribution!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Marduk

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 10:59:29 PM

There are many ways to mine bitcoin these days, however, lots of them are spam (or not worth of your time). For example, bitcoinplus charges a big transaction fee just to withdraw the earnings. There are some websites where you can claim daily winning but it is very small amount. How do you guys mine your bitcoins? Is there really no way to mine bitcoin without purchasing hardware dedicated for mining?

Please share what you think. If you had some bad experience, please post it as well so other people can avoid it. Thank you for your contribution!

"Mining" bitcoins involving crunching numbers with GPUs (video cards) and that is now slowly evolving into dedicated ASIC machines to do the same task, but more efficiently and with much more number crunching power.  This is how new coins are "minted" and come into circulation.

Any other method of acquiring bitcoins is just free trade (or scams), not mining.
Theraty

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 11:09:09 PM

You can invest in shares with different mining companys on this site and others which can help increase the bitcoins you have manyfold by mining for you but my advice is to do your research and make sure its a sound investment.

Checkout these sites which have mining companys on them providing this service;
https://bitfunder.com/
https://btct.co/
http://www.pyramining.com/referral/nts8pbdka

This could be a better alternative to mining but do your research and find out whats you belief is best for you.
mapaedae

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 11:17:00 PM

What about sites like bitvisitor, freedigitalmoney and freebitcoins.appspot are those fake? or do you aqually recive Bitcoins?
ss_33 (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 11:19:23 PM

What about sites like bitvisitor, freedigitalmoney and freebitcoins.appspot are those fake? or do you aqually recive Bitcoins?

personally i havent tried those websites but I have been trying these:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=90718.0
ss_33 (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 11:22:29 PM

"Mining" bitcoins involving crunching numbers with GPUs (video cards) and that is now slowly evolving into dedicated ASIC machines to do the same task, but more efficiently and with much more number crunching power.  This is how new coins are "minted" and come into circulation.

Any other method of acquiring bitcoins is just free trade (or scams), not mining.

Thanks! I am debating whether I want to invest in buying these hardware or not. I know that you can only "mine" bitcoins in a bulk of 50. Therefore, it is better to join a pool. But even to join a pool, it seems like I need a better laptop/computer system to do so. I just want to try it for now (without putting to much money into it). I would be more willing to invest my money into mining once I have more experience with the logic behind bitcoin system.
raze

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 11:54:36 PM

Personally, I made my first few fractions of a BTC through BitVisitor, Cointube.tv, and a few other sites. They have pretty decent initial payments, then slowly decline.

BTC --16FPbgyUZdTm1voAfi26VZ3RH7apTFGaPm
LTC -- Lhd3gmj84BWqx7kQgqUA7gyoogsLeJbCXb
PPC -- PRpKGjgjNLFv8eR7VVv7jBaP8aexDFqk4C
Theraty

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 12:01:33 AM

Thanks! I am debating whether I want to invest in buying these hardware or not. I know that you can only "mine" bitcoins in a bulk of 50. Therefore, it is better to join a pool. But even to join a pool, it seems like I need a better laptop/computer system to do so. I just want to try it for now (without putting to much money into it). I would be more willing to invest my money into mining once I have more experience with the logic behind bitcoin system.

You should also checkout bitcoin mining companys to buy shares because it could work out better in terms of ROI when thinking of going the mining direction.
Research both directions may work in your favor in the long run.
tuxfool

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 12:03:35 AM

Personally, I made my first few fractions of a BTC through BitVisitor, Cointube.tv, and a few other sites. They have pretty decent initial payments, then slowly decline.

They pay around  X uBTC roughly every 5 minutes. So if you have time to spare...
cmason

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 12:06:27 AM

I've had a pretty good experience with mining.bitcoin.cz (Slush's pool).  It's been reliable with prompt payouts.  I'm using cgminer on OS X and have had no problems.
NoirSuccubus

Activity: 353
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 01:32:48 AM

Just get GUIMiner and leave it on overnight.
data_teks

Activity: 267
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:39:42 AM

Buy bitcoins on mtgox and resell on ebay for 33% markup
Illimensky

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:04:50 AM

I have tried all of those at one time or another, and they do work.  However, as people have said, the payments tend to taper off.  Thankfully, there are many bots that work for sites of that kind, so you don't have to waste any of your time on them.

One thing you should not use to "mine" Bitcoin is bitcoinplus.com.  It was flagged as a site that downloads malware in the past by Google SafeSearch, and see this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=38283.0 for why it's a massive waste of your time and CPU power.

Having said that, are CPU or GPU miners more efficient in general?
raze

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:06:53 AM

I have tried all of those at one time or another, and they do work.  However, as people have said, the payments tend to taper off.  Thankfully, there are many bots that work for sites of that kind, so you don't have to waste any of your time on them.

One thing you should not use to "mine" Bitcoin is bitcoinplus.com.  It was flagged as a site that downloads malware in the past by Google SafeSearch, and see this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=38283.0 for why it's a massive waste of your time and CPU power.

Having said that, are CPU or GPU miners more efficient in general?

In general, it goes ASIC -> FPGA -> GPU -> CPU

BTC --16FPbgyUZdTm1voAfi26VZ3RH7apTFGaPm
LTC -- Lhd3gmj84BWqx7kQgqUA7gyoogsLeJbCXb
PPC -- PRpKGjgjNLFv8eR7VVv7jBaP8aexDFqk4C
bitcointrader55

Activity: 63
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:07:09 AM

ASIC
Illimensky

Activity: 56