Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:10:26 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scamcoin Quark is back  (Read 780 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Thule (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 276

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 11:11:07 PM

Since the scammers of Quark back from 2013-14 are now trying to revive a new scam and closed the old thread with all the negativ facts and opened a new thread which is self moderated to delete anything which shows Quark in a bad light ,i'm opening this thread to open people  their eyes about Quark so the scam family won't scam thousands of people again.

Will update that thread each day a bit and everyone who has some nice facts about Quark can post it here either way if its positiv or negativ since we don't support censorship at cryptocurrency
Thule (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 11:13:08 PM

Link to old ANN thread of Quark so it won't dissapear with all the valuable facts about Quark

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260031.msg20291085#msg20291085

https://www.reddit.com/r/scamcoin/comments/1stzws/break_down_on_quark_scheme/
Thule (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 11:22:04 PM

OK so here is the Quark scheme for the noobs:

1.Set a very high number of total coins.
2.A few people mined 95% of all quarks in a very short period of time.
3.Agreement among the early miners to hold on their coins except a very few for trading on the market.
4.Give quarks to people with some decent audience (i.e. Bill Still + Max Keiser) so they can promote it.
5.Resulting a high number of buyer on the market + very few coins available for trading = high market prices in a short period of time.
6.High market prices X total mined coins (which 95% held by a small group of people) = super artificially high market capitalization.
7.Newbies look on coinmarketcap.com and say "WOW quark is very promising!"
8.Rinse and repeat 4-7
9.Dump and profit.

Shame on all QuarkCoin promoters!
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 11:46:21 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2017, 12:29:07 AM by cryptohunter

thule - a person with some justified gripes but these have induced him to make up false accusations that are provably incorrect. His words need to be researched as do all other persons before taking them too seriously.

1.Set a very high number of total coins.

250M is rather low by some coins standards.

2.A few people mined 95% of all quarks in a very short period of time.

Proven wrong. Those that mined the most that proved they mined a lot of early coins dumped for months down to 80 sats
these 2 miners were famous for raping all new pow chains of that period. I named him the coin rapist and used to ask him to distribute some of his coins to others

3.Agreement among the early miners to hold on their coins except a very few for trading on the market.

I mined a lot FAIRLY on some few quad core machines I had. NOBODY contacted me and said lets collude and hold the market to ransom.
In fact check the trading history was mostly all dumped for months at 80-300 sats level

4.Give quarks to people with some decent audience (i.e. Bill Still + Max Keiser) so they can promote it.

Seems like paying people to promote coins is not allowed in crypto you say better tell all the other projects about that?

5.Resulting a high number of buyer on the market + very few coins available for trading = high market prices in a short period of time.

Lots of new buyers but still plenty for sale millions changed hands daily

6.High market prices X total mined coins (which 95% held by a small group of people) = super artificially high market capitalization.

95% held by small??? - proof and definition please. At time of pump early FAIRLY mined coins with no premine had been dumped for months.

7.Newbies look on coinmarketcap.com and say "WOW quark is very promising!"

Never trust CMC  for anything most misleading pump tool around

8.Rinse and repeat 4-7

4-6 are nonsense so best not to repeat them

9.Dump and profit.

since the other points are based on a fallacy then this final point is probably null and void but actually i think this accusation can be leveled at anyone that sells any crypto for a profit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can't reply further to your posts until you post something of provable substance that is worth looking into.

Right now I am more interested in seeing quark deliver what it should have delivered and what I suggested doing over 2 years ago.

I would like you to take time to read my last reply to you in the old quark thread before repeating over and over nonsense that I have already proven to be broadly utter rubbish.

There were only 2 ways to get your hands on quark.

1. mine fairly against others that were at launch - of course if you object to short duration pow period coins then you must object to all the others like black, mint etc
2  buy fairly at market rate against other traders.

If quark is a scam 95% of crypto is a scam. I use the 95% freely as you do since it requires no hard evidence or justification to wave numbers around. It may just be 81% or 60%  but the point is clear you can not seriously single quark out as a scam when these points which are mostly nonsense is all you have.

Your issue seems to mostly be with max and a couple of others from quark. Sadly quark is bigger than them now and you are trying to imply that anyone regardless of whether they mined or bought fairly are scammers and enablers for trying to forge forward and improve their project. To my knowledge the new team brought on and improving quark were paid for by some community members.

If you post again make sure you be clear that quark the project as it is now is not the focus of your gripes else bring evidence that demonstrates it should be.

This person needs to provide evidence that quark as it is now and the quark community have no right to fund and improve their project.

Also self bumping a post like this is likely to get your account banned.

I'll await your more sensible and credible evidence with substance to analyse properly and then compare it to other well known huge crypto projects that are in the 20 M 100M or 1B and above category.

I mined lots of quark on a few quad core machines at home then at a later date hired just 3 or 4 quad core servers and mined far more. Anyone had the same chance same as those at the launch of black coin, mintcoin, any of those shorter duration pow coins of that era. Sure longer duration pow is far far better for wide distribution but to single quark out compared to coins with huge premines, HUGE captive instamines, insta icos  is quite insane.

If i was to give quark a rating for fairness of distribution it would be 5/10 in the context of all other crypto projects based on mining phase alone. You then should consider although I agree we should not need to rely on the dumping the distribution of miners dumping for next to nothing for months.

I don't want to make it personal with you but I will freely discuss any real points of concern you have regarding quarks distribution and the project as it is now.

The main and critical point is the initial distribution.... all other manipulations and schemes are a game we see in all crypto if we fall for them we have our selves to blame. BTC whales and developers will always have advantages but if the initial distribution is good then that is all we can ask for.

I want to know rather what you will say if the quark community funds and pulls of their new road map in full? are they just greedy scammy profiteers ? no i think you will find they are like every investor in every community they want to see their project come to fruition and make money. Show me a project that has investors with a different mind set or set of goals. Show me a quark investor that didn't mine or buy their coins in fair competition to others?

Quark is not the cleanest project but no way is it even near the dirtiest. If you need to avoid quark you will find issue in nearly every project and will not invest there either.

Best stick to btc or ltc if you want better initial distribution certainly dont touch any ico or any short phase pow project.

I will agree there... pow with fair release protocol fast scaling dif and long long emission phase is best. Start loading up on those ones and ignore quark if you want to go for fairest of all.

There is no point me arguing further with this person until he brings real evidence to prove the initial distribution was rigged or a scam in the context of all other crypto projects.

If he deletes this post without any rebuttal it demonstrates he only wishes to spread false information.

His other theories and fantasies and even facts about other parts of quarks history are fine and not for me to speculate on but the initial distribution was not at all a scam in the context of crypto now or then.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 04:37:10 AM

You are an idiot and hiding from your main account.
Quark was not a scam.  Roll Eyes

That list earlier is pure lies.
I would know i was here with it at launch was he ?
Noooope.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Thule (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 09:37:27 AM

Here another proof that there is no quark community.
No posts on their board for days.
Once somebody comes and  ask for help to update his walllet he gets no support at all since there is no community
Have a look yourself

https://quarktalk.cc/threads/need-help-transferring-from-mac-wallet-v0-8-3-to-10-4-5.1881/#post-9343
lx001

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 10:02:11 AM

How much coins Bill Still received and bought when he started to promote Quark? I remember it was quite a large amount. Hopefully poor bastard managed to dump in time because he said numerous times that he is penniless.
P.S His donation address has 100000 quarks and looks like he did not sell.
Thule (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 12:22:44 PM

How much coins Bill Still received and bought when he started to promote Quark? I remember it was quite a large amount. Hopefully poor bastard managed to dump in time because he said numerous times that he is penniless.

It was 2 times a 500.000 coins from DI.He dumped already 900k coins back in 2014
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 12:34:47 PM

I had purchased Quark worth BTC0.10 in 2014. Lost almost the entire investment, after the coins became almost worthless. Sold all my coins in Vircurex, at almost 95% loss. These guys should not be allowed to cheat the users again.
silvermetal

Activity: 487
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 09:15:39 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2017, 11:16:36 AM by silvermetal

I had purchased Quark worth BTC0.10 in 2014. Lost almost the entire investment, after the coins became almost worthless. Sold all my coins in Vircurex, at almost 95% loss. These guys should not be allowed to cheat the users again.

Unfortunately these scam guys hop from one coin to another coin.
Last pump and dump from (part of) this same scam team was chaincoin.
If it is quiet now at Quark, then they cheat users with other coins.

I summarized some of the (Quark) scammers work (and therefore potential pump and dump coins) here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1966967.msg19562300#msg19562300
litec0ins

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 09:19:16 PM

That's what they want, you sold your coins at -95%,  they'll buy it up and pump it.
Thule (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 08:42:13 AM

Best of all they got an offical website quarktalk.cc
They call their community so great but if you watch closly nobody is helping users to restore their old wallets so they can sell their coins.
There are only 2 guys who really belive in Quark however the big guys like cryphunter just gives shit about them.What he cares is a raise in a price and nothing more so he can dump his coins with DI and the rest of their crew
valutov

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 05:33:57 PM

I have bought 3000000 quarks in the middle of November 2013 have sold within 3 months. I am a scamer.
valutov

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 05:39:10 PM

You pull an owl on the globe Smiley
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 05:42:29 PM

Ohh boy, I remember Bill Still shilling Quark like it was yesterday. I also remember the australian developer which had a funny looking haircut. I was a newbie back then and I bought 50 bucks worth of Quarkcoin hoping to get rich because it was "then ext Bitcoin" improved with a lot of hashing algorithms. The good ol times, I feel nostalic, even if i lost all of that money, because that I left the coins on Cryptsy. The price crashed and the initial 50 bucks turned into like 5 bucks anyway.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: