Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:10:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Lampix Token Launch - Bringing Blockchain Image Mining to A/R Systems  (Read 16757 times)
Phil_Lampix

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:52:07 PM

Lampix and CEO, George Popescu mentioned in an article, BlockchainMix: How Decentralized Technology and AR will Change the Travel Industry in 2018:

https://coinidol.com/blockchainmix-how-decentralized-technology-and-ar-change-travel-industry/
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
igporoshin

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:02:51 PM

Phil, bounty program works now? Where can I find the expiration date of each respective article on site?
Phil_Lampix

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:37:43 PM

Phil, bounty program works now? Where can I find the expiration date of each respective article on site?

Yes it is currently working.  We are building a page where you will be able to track your unique clicks for each article.  At the same time an expiration date for each article will be added.

Expect the first payments for the bounty to be processed sometime in January.
igporoshin

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:09:59 PM

Yes it is currently working.  We are building a page where you will be able to track your unique clicks for each article.  At the same time an expiration date for each article will be added.

Ok. And what means: "....This way when the link is clicked enough to yield an integral amount, the amount of PIX entered for that particular article will be credited to the user’s corresponding ETH address."?

Which course Clicks/PIX? )
Phil_Lampix

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:17:38 PM

Ok. And what means: "....This way when the link is clicked enough to yield an integral amount, the amount of PIX entered for that particular article will be credited to the user’s corresponding ETH address."?

Which course Clicks/PIX? )

It means you will be paid once you reach enough unique clicks.  I am not sure what that amount is right now.  I will let you know when I find out.
NastyaSilvera

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:43:27 PM

Pix going to the moon.  Wink Grin Grin Grin Grin
Lampix will issue just over 1.1 billion PIX tokens. The company's initial goal was to raise $ 60 million to turn a flat surface into an intelligent one within the next four to five years.
AlexTheGreat

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:31:55 PM

Guys,

Mark my words: Lampix is going to be one of the 10 most successfull Tokenized project within the next  12-24 months;

I don't really think people do understand what they did: they basically shared the value of their database with the public; and their project & techno is a key leverage to this database value.

--> Imagine if Facebook, instead of an IPO, decided to do an ICO and share the value of the database of its users that Advertiser had to pay for commercial - purposes...  It would means that at the exception of shareholders having a major stakes in the company, one token would be more valuable than one share.

And at the opposite of many other crypto & blockchain projects, there is a technology than serves as a "floor" valuation for its token.

In other words, it is , in my view, one of the 5 most undervalued Coin at the moment.
AlexTheGreat

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:40:38 PM

Hey Phil,

Correct me if I'm wrong but  I think people do not understand the value of your token; what you did is decentralizing the value of the database you are willing to build with the community adding information & feeding it; the aim is to use all this decentralized information to open the doors of augmented reality in our economy; which make damn a lot of sense as everybody will be incentivized by adding inputs & the more the community is active, & the more devices such as Lampix or new applications are created & using it, the more the ecosystem is valuable; the more the token is damn valuable

With the lampix device offering the first applications to exploit this database;

In other words, it is a bit like if Facebook was just an application using private information protected in a blockchain-based set of rules & architecture; which is not the case as Facebook value lies directly in its database; they chose the centralized business model to protect their value (and could be destroyed by a decentralized social network as we don't like how Facebook make business thanks to us, and we don't receive any benefit).

I mean, the core value of your business is should be described in this way : "The token represent the value of the database which we have decided to decentralize to make its own contributor its beneficiaries, at the opposite of Facebook, Google & co : the most valuable part of these companies are created by you, but owned by them. We decided to give the value to the contributors and to use our device to leverage its value, in real economy; and other companies that we will exploit it will have to pay to obtain these tokens with increasing value"

Because your techno is amazing but the way you describe the value of the token, make it totally undervalued.

Do we get along with this description? If so, do not hesitate to get in touch with me if you deem it to be useful; my job as an M&A analyst is basically to help entreprenors clarify the way they describe the value creation of their projects.
Pivooooo

Activity: 350
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:46:13 PM

Will Lampix receive a reward for contributing to the data ecosystem? Using a Lampix device or any other device with a camera, miners can photograph objects, write a description and send it for verification. Will they now be driven by smartphones?
Phil_Lampix

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:45:27 AM

Hey Phil,

Correct me if I'm wrong but  I think people do not understand the value of your token; what you did is decentralizing the value of the database you are willing to build with the community adding information & feeding it; the aim is to use all this decentralized information to open the doors of augmented reality in our economy; which make damn a lot of sense as everybody will be incentivized by adding inputs & the more the community is active, & the more devices such as Lampix or new applications are created & using it, the more the ecosystem is valuable; the more the token is damn valuable

With the lampix device offering the first applications to exploit this database;

In other words, it is a bit like if Facebook was just an application using private information protected in a blockchain-based set of rules & architecture; which is not the case as Facebook value lies directly in its database; they chose the centralized business model to protect their value (and could be destroyed by a decentralized social network as we don't like how Facebook make business thanks to us, and we don't receive any benefit).

I mean, the core value of your business is should be described in this way : "The token represent the value of the database which we have decided to decentralize to make its own contributor its beneficiaries, at the opposite of Facebook, Google & co : the most valuable part of these companies are created by you, but owned by them. We decided to give the value to the contributors and to use our device to leverage its value, in real economy; and other companies that we will exploit it will have to pay to obtain these tokens with increasing value"

Because your techno is amazing but the way you describe the value of the token, make it totally undervalued.

Do we get along with this description? If so, do not hesitate to get in touch with me if you deem it to be useful; my job as an M&A analyst is basically to help entreprenors clarify the way they describe the value creation of their projects.

We believe the tokens value will be better realized once the ecosystem is built, continued exposure is gained, and additional exchanges are added.  We are working on all three.  Remember the market value right now is pre-mining and pre-ecosystem.  We are looking at creating real value with real innovative technology which tends to take longer than simple pumps.

You are correct in saying that most people don't understand at first the use of the token and concept of incentivized systems, I believe not just with our token but in general.  This I believe is partially due to the enormous amount of tokens that have been created recently, which has brought skepticism within the community about whether certain tokens are necessary or whether they are just taking advantage of the cryptocurrency craze.  So it is necessary to explain the use case of our token.  This is explained in our whitepaper and FAQ and I have been working on explaining this succinctly within our communities as well (as I know that most people tend to skim through or not read whitepapers at all).

The incentivized concept itself is very simple, like you mentioned the Facebook example became popularized because of Zuckerberg's leaked messages to his friend regarding his ability to get everyone's information because they volunteered it for free (which was stated in a very profane matter gaining notoriety).  While it's not an exact comparison as some can argue that there is some social-value in posting content to Facebook, the idea of receiving payment for contribution to a system that is receiving billions in advertising is appealing in a society that is shifting towards automation and where there is value to finding income through alternative means.  This probably follows closely how BAT (Basic Attention Token) will work as well.  All of this is still new so the more projects that follow this concept and the success of them will help more people understand and adopt.

Another way to look at it is as a decentralized marketplace.  Earn PIX tokens by providing image datasets and by voting on integrity of the datasets (which is a safety against spamming), the demand for the datasets are from companies, projects working on computer vision, machine learning, researchers, developers.  The demand should continue to gain as technologies in computer vision and machine learning grow.  Additional value can be created outside of the ecosystem as well through markets of course.

Thanks for the post as this is an important discussion I think but it's not something that is at the forefront of the crypto community.  I think Lampix is a unique project because it can merge the crypto community, tech enthusiasts and people interested in studying incentivized ecosystems/marketplaces.  All of these things are both new and exciting with great potential.

Phil_Lampix

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:47:02 AM

Will Lampix receive a reward for contributing to the data ecosystem? Using a Lampix device or any other device with a camera, miners can photograph objects, write a description and send it for verification. Will they now be driven by smartphones?

Yes you will be able to earn PIX.  Not just for mining but for "voting" on the quality of images as well.  It will be easiest to mine with the Lampix device but you will be able to mine with smartphones.
12inchMom

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

I am Joe Blow, the lover man! You should pay me.

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:59:22 PM

if they deliver on the product, this might end up been a huge coin. wish i was in new york, would have loved to go to that conference

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
gartmah

Activity: 735
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 05:11:32 PM

Lampix: One of Blockchain’s Buried Treasures

Lampix is a hidden treasure buried deep within the confines of the cryptospace. Usually to be buried you’d have a token with no working product or a token that has no legitimate purpose other than to be a money grab riding off bitcoin’s coattails. An example of such a token is PAC coin, a cryptocurrency whose website boils down to a hastily-modified e-commerce template (note the shopping cart in the top right corner).

https://medium.com/@alx.g2017/lampix-one-of-blockchains-buried-treasures-7071510b9ea0
Phil_Lampix

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:23:09 PM

Hello again everyone.  Here is a summary of announcements and discussions consolidated from all our communities over the past 2-3 weeks that you may have missed.  I’ll try to recap what’s going on every 2-3 weeks:

Official December 2017 Update:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/17UfYsdWhBpT0j1qvNulbfcbZ8gFT5uPW7OlJ7-lKkVY/edit

Upcoming Event:
The Future of Mixed Reality is on the Blockchain Jan 18th NYC:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-future-of-mixed-reality-is-on-the-blockchain-tickets-41521768728

Announcements
PIX added on exchanges BigOne and DEW.

Press/Media Mentions
George Popescu, Lampix CEO, interviews with The Investor (The Korea Herald): http://www.theinvestor.co.kr/view.php?ud=20171222000596

Lampix named best AR Display for 2017 by Next Reality:
https://next.reality.news/news/best-augmented-reality-2017-0181868/

4 Augmented and Virtual Reality Projects That Point to the Future of Education:
https://www.edsurge.com/news/2018-01-03-4-augmented-and-virtual-reality-projects-that-point-to-the-future-of-education

BlockchainMix: How Decentralized Technology and AR will Change the Travel Industry in 2018:
https://coinidol.com/blockchainmix-how-decentralized-technology-and-ar-change-travel-industry/

Five Ways Blockchain Is Bringing Mixed Reality Into Our Lives:
https://coinidol.com/five-ways-blockchain-is-bringing-mixed-reality/

Videos:
Tour of the NYC Office: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYEE_aWcr6M

Interview with CEO, George Popescu on ICOs as a new form of funding for startups: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5PylveaYIU

Discussions/FAQ

Are you considering integrating your product in other devices than a lamp?
(As answered by George Popescu, CEO) Lampix will be just one device that will use the PIX ecosystem. Many more devices will be able to use it.  The vision is for Lampix to be like an Operating System that runs on any hardware.  For now nobody else makes Lampix compatible hardware but we are talking to multiple firms.

More Kickstarter details
The Kickstarter will be launched by March with delivery in the summer.  Expect at least 3 apps, one of which will be a mining app.

Cost of the Lampix Device?

Lampix will be affordable for the home and workplace at around $400.  It will come with a mining app so you will be able to earn back the cost and you will also be able to purchase the device using PIX.  The price in PIX has not yet been determined.
Can we have an in-person demo or be able to test the device?
You can contact us (george@lampix.co) to schedule to test the device in-person for 20-30 minutes on location.

Communities
We try to keep all our communities engaged and active.  Please subscribe and share to help us grow. 
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Lampix/ (still a small group but we’ve grown over 50% in the past few weeks) - this is a good place for reference along with our main site.
Telegram: https://t.me/lampix_project (we’ve reached over 1.1K members!)
BItcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2044884
Slack: https://lampixproject.slack.com/
Social Media:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Lampix-997463780290920/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/lampix_co
Medium: https://medium.com/@lampix
As always you can read about announcements here as well as https://www.lampix.co/#/news, where you can also share articles as part of our bounty program.
Rano

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:49:34 AM

Looks very promising. I'm looking forward to a more transparent bounty program with an overview how much you get for how much views etc...
Please keep us updated. Thanks!
AlexTheGreat

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:13:35 PM

Dear Phil,

Many thanks for your prompt & detailed answer; it is indeed of paramount importance to clarify these points; many Token buyers are thinking the business like impulsive guys acting who could do more to follow proper due dil jobs before putting money in projects, and they will cry in few months because of that; and your project will then be more fairly valued.

I am convinced that when a huge market correction will emerge, with BitCoin & Altcoin crashing to 2016 low levels, (and even if not) Lampix will remain a stabil player as everhthing, as described in my precedent post, is there to bring real eco impact & you have the intrinsiek value of your tech & product to back it up.

Projects like yours are the reason why blockchain & cryto will enter into the real economy of daily life, and changing it.

I am a value investor and your project, in the context of Cryptocurrencies & Tokens, Lampix is a no-brainer at the moment;

I will contribute by following your project & reacting on twitter & co  ;

Best regards,

Alex
TimeTeller

Activity: 2716
Merit: 588

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:25:49 PM

It's been awhile that I had visited their thread and at that time I was already impressed by their Lampix device.
And the people behind this are real and seems that they are really developing this product.
Also, this kind of project doesn't need airdrop unlike other tokens out there.
From my perspective, once their product is out in the market, this will really be a good one to watch for.
AlexTheGreat

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:51:11 PM

- 28% today; I would have loved to have discovered PIX only today damn it is becoming a real bargain ;

Let the Management do his job; Phil, do not hesitate to get in touch with us to share some tangible news like you did!

Have a good day guys,

And remember: Buy when people sale, Sale when people buy; today is more interesting than 1 week ago. But never catch a failing boat; so assess the innefficiencies of the business wisely ;

Today nothing but its price has fundamentaly changed with Lampix, let's not forget (when it reach 1 cent , ok it will be bad.)
xyj790204

Activity: 334
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:20:50 PM

- 28% today; I would have loved to have discovered PIX only today damn it is becoming a real bargain ;

Let the Management do his job; Phil, do not hesitate to get in touch with us to share some tangible news like you did!

Have a good day guys,

And remember: Buy when people sale, Sale when people buy; today is more interesting than 1 week ago. But never catch a failing boat; so assess the innefficiencies of the business wisely ;

Today nothing but its price has fundamentaly changed with Lampix, let's not forget (when it reach 1 cent , ok it will be bad.)

it's normal bro ,take it easy .most of altcoins crash because btc .
crevbi

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:55:46 AM

Lampix platform explained with details, video focused on developers and R&D firms.

What is Lampix and how does it work ? What can you do with it ? We believe Lampix will impact humans as much as computers or smart phones have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=4r8lxnx2wXM

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: