Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:09:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Lampix Token Launch - Bringing Blockchain Image Mining to A/R Systems  (Read 16761 times)
guystyles

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:50:09 PM

the images are decentralized on a public blockchain, and since you intend on charging pix to access the data sets, how do you intend to stop people from forking/pirating it?

Should the above question even concern the lampix company since the dataset blockchain would be owned by the pix holders? How does lampix benefit from pix having a high valuation?

Working 316,800 seconds a month for 2 months in order to pay for a $500 device is the equivalent of working for $2.84 an hour, which you state is 4x more profitable than voting. The thought that someone could find a new quality object to image every 10 seconds is not very realistic. Hence, the value of pix will increase rapidly to working image miners. Why has the future value of pix not been addresssed?
Phil_Lampix

Activity: 59

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:41:15 PM

the images are decentralized on a public blockchain, and since you intend on charging pix to access the data sets, how do you intend to stop people from forking/pirating it?

Should the above question even concern the lampix company since the dataset blockchain would be owned by the pix holders? How does lampix benefit from pix having a high valuation?

Working 316,800 seconds a month for 2 months in order to pay for a $500 device is the equivalent of working for $2.84 an hour, which you state is 4x more profitable than voting. The thought that someone could find a new quality object to image every 10 seconds is not very realistic. Hence, the value of pix will increase rapidly to working image miners. Why has the future value of pix not been addresssed?

The actual image datasets are not stored on the blockchain due to size limitations, rather it will be a hash address for the image and the images will be in a separate cloud storage.

Can you expand on what you mean by "Hence, the value of pix will increase rapidly to working image miners."?

At the beginning as we build the ecosystem there will be an incredible need for mining images to build up the datasets.  You can view this as a marketplace as well.  Companies that need specific image datasets for computer vision and other projects may also have the capability of putting up bounties (Increased rewards) for the specific image datasets they need.

So as there is demand on the buyer side (people needing specific images) the demand must be met on the seller (uploader side).
Vladi90

Activity: 112
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:28:37 PM

When can I find out the results for the bounty? Is there a date?

guystyles

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 12:33:58 PM

The actual image datasets are not stored on the blockchain due to size limitations, rather it will be a hash address for the image and the images will be in a separate cloud storage.

Thank you, so you'll prevent piracy by storing data in the cloud. Doesn't sound like a very solid plan. Let's hope you'll be making so much money it won't matter. What could you do? This sounds crazy, but embrace piracy and learn to use it to your advantage or get plundered by pirates.

Can you expand on what you mean by "Hence, the value of pix will increase rapidly to working image miners."?

Sure, anyone who buys a lampix thinking they can pay it off by mining for 2 months will realize at $2.85/hr, that's a lot more work than how it initially sounds. Historically in crypto, a higher mining difficulty = higher price. If I were image mining, you wouldn't be able to separate a pix from me for less than $1 because I place a lot of value on my time....

So, higher pix value = better talent mining images. Why is this not discussed, and actually avoided as a topic?
Phil_Lampix

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:38:35 PM

Thank you, so you'll prevent piracy by storing data in the cloud. Doesn't sound like a very solid plan. Let's hope you'll be making so much money it won't matter. What could you do? This sounds crazy, but embrace piracy and learn to use it to your advantage or get plundered by pirates.

Sure, anyone who buys a lampix thinking they can pay it off by mining for 2 months will realize at $2.85/hr, that's a lot more work than how it initially sounds. Historically in crypto, a higher mining difficulty = higher price. If I were image mining, you wouldn't be able to separate a pix from me for less than $1 because I place a lot of value on my time....

So, higher pix value = better talent mining images. Why is this not discussed, and actually avoided as a topic?

I think its a myth and exaggerated (dramatized by headline events in the media) that cloud storage is less secure than the older traditional methods.  Many enterprise level businesses use cloud storage, there is a high priority for companies who provide these services to be as secure as possible.  As long as it's properly secured, which is the key it will be at no more of a risk than traditional methods.

This is more of a philosophical discussion but I don't think just because there always will be small groups or individuals in society attempting illicit activities that they should be pandered too and everything should be made "free" based off the idea that they will always exist.  I know that's not your exact argument but you have to remember there are always indirect consequences to everything so with any extreme or drastic ideas it becomes complicated in measuring the real effect.  These are just my opinions though not the company so I won't discuss it too much here.

Simply put, the system we are building is a marketplace of image datasets incentivized by the PIX token and driven by demand in the computer vision and machine learning fields.  We expect computer vision and machine learning to strongly increase in growth which in turn will grow the demand.

With regards to the higher PIX value making it more lucrative and desirable to image mine I don't think it's a topic that is being avoided but just the opposite, I think that's what we want.  So as you explained, yes you are right, it would be better for the mining and building the ecosystem if the PIX price increased.  Similar to what happened last year with ethereum which rose in price dramatically and you saw a lot more people mining as a result as well as graphics cards being sold out for a period of time.

igporoshin

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:52:43 PM

I think its a myth and exaggerated (dramatized by headline events in the media) that cloud storage is less secure than the older traditional methods.  Many enterprise level businesses use cloud storage, there is a high priority for companies who provide these services to be as secure as possible.  As long as it's properly secured, which is the key it will be at no more of a risk than traditional methods.

This is more of a philosophical discussion but I don't think just because there always will be small groups or individuals in society attempting illicit activities that they should be pandered too and everything should be made "free" based off the idea that they will always exist.  I know that's not your exact argument but you have to remember there are always indirect consequences to everything so with any extreme or drastic ideas it becomes complicated in measuring the real effect.  These are just my opinions though not the company so I won't discuss it too much here.

Simply put, the system we are building is a marketplace of image datasets incentivized by the PIX token and driven by demand in the computer vision and machine learning fields.  We expect computer vision and machine learning to strongly increase in growth which in turn will grow the demand.

With regards to the higher PIX value making it more lucrative and desirable to image mine I don't think it's a topic that is being avoided but just the opposite, I think that's what we want.  So as you explained, yes you are right, it would be better for the mining and building the ecosystem if the PIX price increased.  Similar to what happened last year with ethereum which rose in price dramatically and you saw a lot more people mining as a result as well as graphics cards being sold out for a period of time.

Phil, do you have any news about bounty?
alexvilis

Activity: 588
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:36:28 PM

Lampix Creating Blockchain-based Decentralized Database of Images for AR/AI

It’s not uncommon in the business and tech world to meet a roadblock, only to discover that many others have already come to the same place. Standing together in front of the difficulty, sometimes a single player creates a solution that benefits everyone. This is the story of Lampix.

Founded by George Popescu, founder of Boston Technologies, Lampix started life as a platform to create and build augmented reality (AR) systems that can transform any surface into a smart surface.

Imagine turning to any surface in a room, and immediately transforming that surface into a computer via AR - ala Tom Cruise in Minority Report.

As the Lampix team continued to develop their platform, they discovered that there were many around them who were having the same issues - access to machine learning for AR and Artificial Intelligence (AI) can be nearly insurmountable without significant resources.

As they saw the needs around them growing, the Lampix team decided to put Blockchain technology to work, not only for themselves, but for everyone with the same issues.

The team realized that Blockchain technology was uniquely helpful in creating the first ‘image mining’ network for computer vision systems, like Lampix’s original product. They decided the next step was the creation of a billion-image database of real world objects that are critical for AR systems.

As they began to consider disrupting traditional models of image production and distribution through Blockchain technology, the company realized that the best way to create a database large enough to serve the needs of the AR/AI world was by decentralizing participation.

Large companies with such databases (Google and others) had autonomous control of the images and could forbid use to competitors, centralize profits from the database, and control use arbitrarily.

Decentralization, however, would produce a large-scale database without such centralized control mechanisms in place. The needs could be met.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/lampix-creating-blockchain-based-decentralized-database-of-images-for-arai?utm_content=bufferfa653&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Phil_Lampix

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 05:14:08 PM

Phil, do you have any news about bounty?

I'll ask and let you know when I get an update.
lyapres

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 05:28:59 PM

very great project and concept. looking forward to this great project and wishing this project a big success. goodluck dev/team.
AlexTheGreat

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:14:37 PM

Lampix is going to be listed in additional exchange quite soon (next 10 days..) ;

That's all for the moment
alexvilis

Activity: 588
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:13:05 PM

Augmented Reality (AR) in Gaming

Gaming ecosystem is constantly evolving. Creators and developers in the gaming industry are constantly developing new games, methods, technologies to capture the attention and imagination of gamers around the world. From Mario to Tetris to Halo and now Augmented Reality (AR) powered games like Pokémon Go; the bar just keeps going higher. AR games allow the gamer to fight aliens, catch whimsical creatures or save the kingdom- all in the real world.

https://medium.com/@lampix/augmented-reality-ar-in-gaming-8db9f155f75f
TOM47

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:22:56 AM

'Lampix' Turns Any Surface Into A Computer | CNBC. Lampix is an augmented reality device that transforms flat surfaces into interactive displays. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql5IkRmZuBw
igporoshin

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:10:55 PM

Hi Phil! We're really looking forward to the bounty program news.
guystyles

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:51:18 AM

This is more of a philosophical discussion....

Thank you Phil, I appreciate you fielding my questions so quickly and thoroughly even if the questions were a little off, and they were, but you handled them eloquently and I hope everyone who reads this thread will see that. Lampix is in good hands.

Warm regards,

Guy
kololo

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:43:38 AM

Lampix just win the Best VR and AR device in 2017 reward. It is a good project in market as  a lot of spam project in cryptocurrency field.

Wish to see the good performance in Kickstarter.
Jekwizor

Activity: 630

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:07:03 PM

Lampix Is Developing The First Blockchain-Based Network For Augmented Reality

Lampix is working on the world’s first Blockchain based ‘image mining’ network for augmented reality or other computer vision system.

The data is the important prerequisite for augmenting reality systems ranging from wearable glass to their own Lampix product.

Lampix also won the best Augmented Reality in March 2017 and Virtual Reality company at SXSW festival (which is also one of the largest festivals in its domain).

Lampix is doing crowd sale token launch (CTL) for PIX tokens from August 9, 2017.

The crowd sale token launch is an important component which will bring the database and Lampix to fruition.

https://artificialreality.news/lampix-is-developing-the-first-blockchain-based-network-for-augmentedreality-ar/?utm_content=buffer7dbe6&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
kololo

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:19:08 AM

We added Lampix to the Cheddur app (https://www.cheddur.com)! This will allow new users to learn about Lampix and join the community. Cheddur allows you to link wallets, exchanges, and other services that support PIX so that new users can easily get started. You can also review the project and post your PIX addresses on your profile to receive tips/payments/donations in PIX from other users Smiley

Can others from the community please review the profile for quality and help add supported services? The more active the Lampix profile is (via user reviews and addresses), the higher it ranks in search results and the more likely newcomers are to discover the Lampix project!

Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cheddur

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cheddur/id1269377156?mt=8

Screenshots:

It is great to added Lampix in Cheddup app.  Wink
Phil_Lampix

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:25:23 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2018, 01:02:35 AM by Phil_Lampix

The Official January 2018 Update: https://medium.com/@lampix/lampix-pix-issues-company-update-4c8425ef1189

Lampix is an award winning augmented reality technology company that combines their proprietary object-sensing software platform with an advanced smart projector and camera system. Lampix recognizes hands, objects, and documents bridging the gap between the physical and the digital with universal and communal augmented data. The company’s largest customers include Bloomberg, BMW, Nespresso, and PricewaterhouseCoopers. Lampix was named winner of Highway 1 (2016), the AR/VR category in the Accelerator Pitch event at SXSW (2017), and was named Best Augmented Reality Display by Next Reality (2017).
Phil_Lampix

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:28:58 PM

Due to limitations with Slack we will be migrating our Slack community to Discord.  You can access our Discord server early right now as we test it: https://discord.gg/nSBYrjb

Feel free to leave any feedback there and join the discussions in our channels.  We hope to cultivate a strong dev community there for developers looking to create apps for Lampix. 

Thanks.
Phil_Lampix

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 04:52:30 PM

Official press release announcing our new Head of Marketing: https://chicagoeveningpost.com/2018/02/20/lampix-announces-new-head-of-marketing/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: