Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 10:59:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Before August 1, and after August 1.  (Read 3802 times)
Sterk

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 07:38:33 PM

Relax, sit back and enjoy the ride...I'll keep my coins where they are, and probably by extra by the time the price has dropped.
ABYHou

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:13:02 PM

I am pretty new to all this and don't hold much BTC, but this possible split worries me. Not sure whether to cash out prior to August 1 or hold.
iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:16:18 PM

What y'all going to do before august 1, and after? I really hope that most of them will sell their btc.

If I have any BTC and can safely split it, I'll be dumping BitcoinCash with extreme prejudice and alacrity. But everything is too fluid for me to say much more than that.

Key principles I'm keeping in mind are to protect myself from risk of malware related to BitcoinCash, malfeasance by exchanges locking down funds or screwing up or getting hacked, and preserve my capital. Which means I might be exiting BTC entirely and leave it to others to play with the BTC/BCC mess until it is safe to re-enter. Alts are likely to get hammered worse that BTC (it's a consistent pattern), so they are not a good option either.

Do you think that BCC will stick around like ETC did with that split???

Maybe sell the BCC ASAP when able to, and buy back in when it hits rock bottom and hold for a bit?

I honestly have no idea how anyone here can say anything with certainty. BCCmight have some use cases that people want to utilize.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:32:46 PM

To answer the question what I will do before August 1 with bitcoin and after the first avast, it is necessary to know what will happen to the crypto currency in this and the following days. Since we probably do not know this, there are only forecasts on this matter, it remains to wait and hope that all problems will be resolved safely.
HatakeKakashi

Activity: 1274
Merit: 513

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:56:48 PM

Its betyer to those people have bitcoin to dont sell thier bitcoin or dont be panic. Because as of now we dont know what is really happen in bitcoin in august1 but I hope it will increase. For sure after august 1 it will increase more because they dont have doubt in the mind of people . So we expect that price of bitcoin possible become at 3000 dollars so buy more bin now and make little profit in just few weeks.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 11:14:56 PM

Before aug1 I will save bitcoin into an offline wallet with private key and also Im buying cheap altcoin and hold. And after aug1, Ill just observe first the movement of btc price on what the next thing to do. With all this things happen, also I planned to hold bitcoin because I can see that price will regain and increase so I can earn profit in the future.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 11:22:26 PM

BCCmight have some use cases that people want to utilize.

Nah. The only sort of 'use case' this coin will experience is all speculative. If you closely look at how much hate is flowing towards Jihad Wu & Co (rightfully so), you'll understand that people will literally sh!t on that coin. It will be nothing more than one of the plenty of pump and dump coins that the altcoin market has. I can see a lot people converting their coins at the very first stage, which obviously will affect the price of BCC negatively. Some people will prefer to wait a while for everything to calm down, in the hope that this coin gets pumped, and then they will convert their BCC coins to Bitcoin. I think I will follow the latter route. But as you also pointed out, there is no way to tell what is going to happen, so we'll be better off waiting for what's going to happen.
makulo123

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 11:31:43 PM

So will Bitcoin split or not??? I am now so confused more than ever! 4 days ago everyone was saying that no split will happen and now different.
Ultegra134

Activity: 1568
Merit: 744

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 11:35:57 PM

So will Bitcoin split or not??? I am now so confused more than ever! 4 days ago everyone was saying that no split will happen and now different.
From what I've understood, since I am not even close to an adept user (I'd classify myself as a newbie regarding this technical stuff), Bitcoin is going to split (BCC/BitcoinCash). I'd recommend you to read this thread for more information https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2012799.0

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
oktana

Activity: 1610
Merit: 282

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2017, 12:04:00 AM

From what I've understood, since I am not even close to an adept user (I'd classify myself as a newbie regarding this technical stuff), Bitcoin is going to split (BCC/BitcoinCash). I'd recommend you to read this thread for more information https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2012799.0

Which occurred in August is only about the chainsplit between bitcoin and bitcoin unlimited, another bitcoin process will be done in november, there needs to be a calm attitude in the face of this and so is the possibility for hardfork will actually happen, panic is not a choice right due to bitcoin forward still there are many possibilities after system upgrade.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Ultegra134

Activity: 1568
Merit: 744

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 12:08:44 AM

Which occurred in August is only about the chainsplit between bitcoin and bitcoin unlimited, another bitcoin process will be done in november, there needs to be a calm attitude in the face of this and so is the possibility for hardfork will actually happen, panic is not a choice right due to bitcoin forward still there are many possibilities after system upgrade.
Panic and FUD can easily be spread though, especially for inexperienced users, I'd classify myself as one of them.
Many people including me are quite unsure of what to do which can easily deter newer people from all this process and involving in Bitcoin.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 12:32:58 AM

hm, I've read somewhere that split isn't going to happen?  Huh  I'll try to find link to that article.

I'd be probably buying 0.5BTC before the aug 1st, and then if the price goes lower, I'll invest for 0.5BTC more. That's somewhat my plan for now.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Lyancy001 (OP)

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 12:38:23 AM

I'm really not panicking  Cheesy I'm just excited what will happen, and waiting for the price to get low and then will buy after that  Grin
Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 12:41:10 AM

Well i really don't have any bitcoins for now but before august 1 if I have bitcoin, I will store those in hard wallets by now or some wallets that I have 2fa for it or change it to alternative coins. After august 1 i will get bitcoin back to exchangers.
HughCaires

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:01:41 AM

What y'all going to do before august 1, and after? I really hope that most of them will sell their btc.

I think I am doing what most people are doing. Taking Bitcoin out of exchanges before... just waiting and watching the fork play out after.
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:29:24 AM

I'll hold the Bitcoins I have but I won't be buying any more. I'll wait until after August 1 to see what happens next. I'm also halting all my trading until then as well at least with Bitcoins. I'll still trade other cryptocurrencies and US dollars.

Another thing I did was I moved some Bitcoins off of exchanges to make them a little safer. There is no point in taking more risk than we have to.
ilham nur77

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:29:39 AM

I'm really not panicking  Cheesy I'm just excited what will happen, and waiting for the price to get low and then will buy after that  Grin
that's a very good plan, relax and wait the good moment for buy, price down, buy as much as possible and you will very lucky.

ArIMy11

Activity: 519
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:39:49 AM

“august 1”. A very trending date and everyone is talking about it. It seems that no one is ignoring it. I can’t really predict and guess what will be on that date and I’m sure no one can. Since my wallet is still empty by now, I have no to cash out before august 1 and I have nothing to sell. On that date, I am just planning to monitor bitcoin price coz maybe it increases. After august 1 if the price really goes high, then maybe I cash out. Well, it is still “maybe”. Let’s see what will going to happen.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC        SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
affandi

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:44:12 AM

that's a very good plan, relax and wait the good moment for buy, price down, buy as much as possible and you will very lucky.

It will happen if the coin has a big dump ,, but if otherwise? After 1 August it turns out all the coins got a big pump, what would you do? Still buy it or will it still wait ??
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 03:00:43 AM

Do not panic, panic makes you poor.
Stay relaxed and sit sweet and drink coffee. Enjoy the lowest price after hardfork. You will be lucky. Grin

In case Bitcoin can experience some crash because of this August 1 hullabaloo, then it can be a rare opportunity to snap up more Bitcoin at its low price. I am sure that there are already many who can just be waiting for this to happen...they can smell the bloodbath and they are all prepared to exploit the whole thing.

And then Bitcoin will again rise. This has already become like a never-ending cycle for Bitcoin and yet people are still spreading FUD like there is no tomorrow and as if Bitcoin will die (it has its own power to resurrect by the way!). 

Yes, the best thing to do is just relax, drink some nice cup of coffee and then read the whole Bitcointalk forum.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: