Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 08:44:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RX 560 hashrates  (Read 27974 times)
Vlizzjeffrey

Activity: 784
Merit: 503

Bitcoin King BTC

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:43:38 AM

Yeah, I also got a few RX 550 Aero, and they all came with Hynix. Doing about 460-500 H/s with them, didn't have enough time to figure out the best settings/timings, all this amd stuff is weird, especially sgminer settings. RI 400 (or even up to 420) works with most cards, but then there's one card that would crash sgminer 5.5.5 on start. Yet it works fine with the nicehash sgminer (but the hashrate is a bit lower in that one).

Although I got sgminer-gm 5.5.5 to hash nearly as well as xmr-stak 2.2.0, I also experienced a lot of crashes. Once I figured out how to double the threads in xmr-stak (thanks to this thread), and dialed in the other settings, I got it to perform even better than sgminer and haven't looked back since. One weird thing is that the 1st and 4th cards hash at >500 H/s while the 2nd and 3rd are stubbornly stuck at 440 & 460 H/s, and all have Elpida memory. Even weirder is that when I switch over to Ethash in Claymore 11.2 it is the 1st and 2nd cards that perform better, at 14 MH/s, while the 3rd and 4th do 13 MH/s... I tell ya, AMD cards are f'ed up

P.S. - thanks for the merit in the Intensecoin thread!

Ya, sgminer kept crashing for me too, couldnt run it more then 6 hours without a crash, xrmstak works much better for me, altho i didnt got it to run over 24 hours without a crash yet, still a work in progress.

Yeah, I also got a few RX 550 Aero, and they all came with Hynix. Doing about 460-500 H/s with them, didn't have enough time to figure out the best settings/timings, all this amd stuff is weird, especially sgminer settings. RI 400 (or even up to 420) works with most cards, but then there's one card that would crash sgminer 5.5.5 on start. Yet it works fine with the nicehash sgminer (but the hashrate is a bit lower in that one).

Ya, i think i am using your hynix timings, works well, now i feel like i also should get rid of the 550's with elpida ( got rid of micron) But the elpida's are pretty close to the hynix ones so ill let them be, since it seems like people here are hoarding on the rx550's, they are all sold out, feelsbadman.

I thought my aero 550's would be elpida cos i saw one guy in a youtube video with these cards, his were elpida.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
playfast

Activity: 131
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:57:49 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2018, 03:24:11 AM by playfast

Still trying to push my cards to the limit, one of my 2gb hynix rx560 really lucked out in the silicon lottery, now got it doing ~537 H/s stable @1292/2175 mhz
To hold this speed it needed a power limit increase to +35%, at 30% it would fluctuate and sometimes drop to 521 H/s.
Great cryptonight miner this little beast  Grin
Wish AMD didn't suck at equihash, would have more viable coins to mine now.
Vlizzjeffrey

Bitcoin King BTC

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:26:15 AM

Still trying to push my cards to the limit, one of my 2gb hynix rx560 really lucked out in the silicon lottery, now got it doing ~537 H/s stable @1292/2175 mhz
To hold this speed it needed a power limit increase to +35%, at 30% it would fluctuate and sometimes drop to 521 H/s.

You should ask yourself if pushing extra ~25% watts in the gpu's is worth the 10% extra hashrate, or maybe you dont have to pay for your electric, then its different ofcourse.

I tried to run all my rx550's at 900mV, but i got early crash, trying 975mV now.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:30:18 PM

I tried to run all my rx550's at 900mV, but i got early crash, trying 975mV now.
I'm running all my 550s and 560s at 0.875V, all 550s at 1150-1200 MHz and 560s at 1100 MHz. Didn't really test the core clocks thoroughly cause they don't seem to matter all that much for cryptonight (and don't matter at all for ETH). I wouldn't run any of these cards at voltages higher than 0.9V, their coolers are very bad and there's always a chance that there are some elements on the board that are 100°+. Memory chips aren't cooled at all on most of these, solid gpu rads just cover them (without touching obviously) and no air from the fan(s) makes it to the vram, so these chips could degrade pretty fast.
Vlizzjeffrey

Bitcoin King BTC

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:44:07 PM

I'm running all my 550s and 560s at 0.875V, all 550s at 1150-1200 MHz and 560s at 1100 MHz. Didn't really test the core clocks thoroughly cause they don't seem to matter all that much for cryptonight (and don't matter at all for ETH). I wouldn't run any of these cards at voltages higher than 0.9V, their coolers are very bad and there's always a chance that there are some elements on the board that are 100°+. Memory chips aren't cooled at all on most of these, solid gpu rads just cover them (without touching obviously) and no air from the fan(s) makes it to the vram, so these chips could degrade pretty fast.

I tried running at 900mV but it crashes inmidiatly for me, have to try to find out wich ogpu is cuasing the crash,

I just orderd asus rx550 2gb, hope its not micron memory, all the msi rx550 2gb aero's are sold out or way overpriced ( 130 euro)

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Vlizzjeffrey

Bitcoin King BTC

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:38:28 AM

This is making me nuts, i keep getting this stupid error:

ATIKMPAG.SYS FAILURE.

sometimes i have to reboot my rig 3 times b4 i can get into the amd settings again, i tried different drivers, tried stuff i found on google regarding this issue, its so annoying.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
wacko
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:20:08 PM

ATIKMPAG.SYS FAILURE.

sometimes i have to reboot my rig 3 times b4 i can get into the amd settings again, i tried different drivers, tried stuff i found on google regarding this issue, its so annoying.
Try signing out and then signing in instead of rebooting. Might work this way.
playfast

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:23:10 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2018, 04:57:20 PM by playfast

You should ask yourself if pushing extra ~25% watts in the gpu's is worth the 10% extra hashrate, or maybe you dont have to pay for your electric, then its different ofcourse.

Just did some more extensive testing of every single mhz on the card and I get the most consistent hash at 1292/2166 mhz.
It does 534 H/s with no fluctuation at all. Going higher than 2166 on the mem is not worth it, it goes as high as 545 H/s but always fluctuates to a low of 514 H/s.
My msi rx560 card does not require additional power connector. Draws ~50W, stock cooler on msi is big and does nice job, temp is 65C max (not horrible as I live in South Florida) and the mem gets plenty of airflow from shroud design.
Got the card in January for 119 usd, best value I ever got from gpu.

Found the ceiling on hash rate, next is working on reducing power usage, will test with lower core clocks.

Vlizzjeffrey

Bitcoin King BTC

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:29:01 AM

Just did some more extensive testing of every single mhz on the card and I get the most consistent hash at 1292/2166 mhz.
It does 534 H/s with no fluctuation at all. Going higher than 2166 on the mem is not worth it, it goes as high as 545 H/s but always fluctuates to a low of 514 H/s.
My msi rx560 card does not require additional power connector. Draws ~50W, stock cooler on msi is big and does nice job, temp is 65C max (not horrible as I live in South Florida) and the mem gets plenty of airflow from shroud design.
Got the card in January for 119 usd, best value I ever got from gpu.

Found the ceiling on hash rate, next is working on reducing power usage, will test with lower core clocks.

2166 memory is pretty crazy, i run my hynix at 1900 and my elpida's at 1850.
that 50 watts, is  that from gpu-z reading? because if so, thats a lot, the rx550's only do 20 watts on gpu-z.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Vlizzjeffrey

Bitcoin King BTC

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:23:35 AM

ATIKMPAG.SYS FAILURE.

Does your rig with 550's run continously on xrmstak without crashing for over 24 hours?
Mine always crashes after couple of hours, about 5 hours.

Is there a way too make the miner software restart every hour? This would really solve my problem.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
playfast

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:48:49 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2018, 01:06:03 PM by playfast

ATIKMPAG.SYS FAILURE.

Does your rig with 550's run continously on xrmstak without crashing for over 24 hours?

Is there a way too make the miner software restart every hour? This would really solve my problem.

If you have 2gb card try NOT using blockchain drivers and NOT using compute mode on newer drivers. Those drivers/compute are fine for 4gb cards but I noticed they make 2gb cards more unstable especially with high oc. I'm still using the last Crimson 17.11.4 driver on graphics mode without any problems.
You could try reducing intensity too. I backed down from 432 intensity to 424 for my gpu threads and gained stability without losing hash.

Anyone tried mining MusicCoin? It seems 4gb cards are slightly better than 2gb in ethhash, even with small dag size coins. The 4gb rx560 does about 1.2 mh/s better than the 2gb even though the 2gb overclocks better.
wacko
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:23:35 PM
Merited by Vlizzjeffrey (1)

Mine work for days with no problems. I think it's all about OC and miner settings, I'm currently using sgminer with ri 400.

There's plenty of ways to do that. Easiest I can think of (though maybe not the most elegant) is to run the miner in a loop and then run another simple script that restarts the miner's process.

Your miner's bat:

:loop
sgminer.exe -k cryptonight ... ...
goto loop

And then a separate bat-file for restarting the miner:

:start
timeout -t 3600
taskkill /t /f /im sgminer.exe
goto start

So you run your miner with the first bat, and then run the 2nd bat file. Keep them both running and the 2nd one will be automatically restarting your miner every hour.
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:37:47 PM

If you have 2gb card try NOT using blockchain drivers and NOT using compute mode on newer drivers. Those drivers/compute are fine for 4gb cards but I noticed they make 2gb cards more unstable especially with high oc. I'm still using the last Crimson 17.11.4 driver on graphics mode without any problems.
You could try reducing intensity too. I backed down from 432 intensity to 424 for my gpu threads and gained stability without losing hash.

Anyone tried mining MusicCoin? It seems 4gb cards are slightly better than 2gb in ethhash, even with small dag size coins. The 4gb rx560 does about 1.2 mh/s better than the 2gb even though the 2gb overclocks better.

Yep, I've mined MUSIC with 2GB RX 560s. I'm getting 13 or 14 MH/s per card. Note that is either 13 or 14, not a range. I'm not sure why that is, especially since the same cards that are faster at Ethash are not the same ones that are faster at Cryptonight. Also, after Windoze did its latest mandatory-despite-being-disabled update the order of which cards are fastest changed for both algos. So, there definitely seems to be something weird going on with the driver (Adrenalin 18.2.2).

Vlizzjeffrey

Bitcoin King BTC

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:30:24 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2018, 09:37:31 AM by Vlizzjeffrey

Mine work for days with no problems. I think it's all about OC and miner settings, I'm currently using sgminer with ri 400.

There's plenty of ways to do that. Easiest I can think of (though maybe not the most elegant) is to run the miner in a loop and then run another simple script that restarts the miner's process.

Your miner's bat:

sgminer.exe -k cryptonight ... ...
goto loop

And then a separate bat-file for restarting the miner:

:start
timeout -t 3600
taskkill /t /f /im sgminer.exe
goto start

So you run your miner with the first bat, and then run the 2nd bat file. Keep them both running and the 2nd one will be automatically restarting your miner every hour.

Thanks man, im using xtrmstak but i guess the proces would be the same, gonna try it today, this should fix my  problem, every day when i wake up my miner is crashed lol.

edit:

So  i had sgminer running, but one card was acting weird, i found out layer one of the pci-e power kabels one of the wires went out the plastic socket....found this out after reinstalling windows  ofcourse.
Now my sgminer just restarts when i start it, so there must be some file from a windows update thats required to run it, just trying to figure out wich one, i have updated after my reinstall of windows.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Vlizzjeffrey

Bitcoin King BTC

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:31:25 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2018, 10:57:18 AM by Vlizzjeffrey

I found out how to make your miner restart every x seconds, i wanted to share it with you guys, most probally already know this but maybe some dont.
Just make a batfile in the folder where your miner software is in, and copy this in it:

@echo off
start xmr-stak-amd.exe
timeout /t 3600 >null
taskkill /f /im xmr-stak-amd.exe >nul
goto loop

it says xmr-stak-amd.exe for me because thats the name of my miner, if your miner is sgminer, you put sgminer.exe there

3600 is 3600 seconds ( 1 hour) You can set it at any ammount of seconds you like.

Hope this helps someone.

Edit:

Now i got sgminer running, out of 7 cards 6 are hasing, and sometimes the one thats not working does like 10-20 hash, really odd.
In xmrstak i got all 7 cards working so at least the rig is mining again!

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
playfast

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:16:03 PM

Yep, I've mined MUSIC with 2GB RX 560s. I'm getting 13 or 14 MH/s per card. Note that is either 13 or 14, not a range. I'm not sure why that is, especially since the same cards that are faster at Ethash are not the same ones that are faster at Cryptonight. Also, after Windoze did its latest mandatory-despite-being-disabled update the order of which cards are fastest changed for both algos. So, there definitely seems to be something weird going on with the driver (Adrenalin 18.2.2).

With my 2gb rx560's I get 15.5 MH/s on MUSIC and 534 H/s on ETN. My max mem clock is 2130 mhz on ethhash and 2166 on cryptonight, these cards are worthless on equihash they hit the wall at only 1900 mhz for 155 Sol/s. I've just stuck with the last Crimson driver 17.11.4 and don't bother with compute mode it doesn't help at all on 2gb cards.
It seems MUSIC is slightly more profitable than ETN as I can mine 3x as many coins and MUSIC is priced at ~40% of ETN.
Vlizzjeffrey

Bitcoin King BTC

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:40:51 AM

I found something strange with my rx 550's

How serious should i take Wattage numbers from GPU-Z?
Accoring to GPU-Z my gigabyte rx550's with ELPIDA use 20 watts while mining
and  my  MSI rx550's with HYNIX use 28 watts while mining.
The gigabyte's with the ELPIDA also run cooler on the same fan speed. 50C vs 65C for the MSI's

Very strange, they are all on same settings, 1100/1850 900mV

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
stonedgz

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 04:47:42 AM

rx 560 4gb is it worth it ?? or no ?
i got my hand on 6 560 for 120usd each you think its worth te investment ?
Branko (OP)

Activity: 2478
Merit: 318

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:59:41 AM

rx 560 4gb is it worth it ?? or no ?
i got my hand on 6 560 for 120usd each you think its worth te investment ?

50% hashpower, 30% energy usage compared to RX570/580, for 20-25% price...do the math Smiley

As long as you can't buy rx570/580 for less than $300, I think its worth it
vg54dett

Activity: 501
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:36:37 PM

I switched from sgminer-gm 5.5.5 to xmr-stak 2.2.0 and tweaked amd.txt as suggested by @Vlizzjeffrey and I'm getting 1370 H/s out of (3) 2GB XFX RX 560 cards. That's exactly the same as with sgminer, but it seems a lot more stable. The specific problem I was having with sgminer is it would lock the rig up so bad it needed to be hard reset, usually, but not always, when I used the KVM switch to select it after it had been running awhile. Note that I am using the integrated GPU in the Celeron CPU for video, and not one of the mining cards, so this behavior was quite perplexing.
Do not use iGPU with AMD! Bad idead, it blocks OC settings, might be fixed with newer drivers, but it was big problem for most cards for mining. Only with Nvidia cards.
Properly configured SGminer has a lot higher hashrate than XMR-STAK 2.2 even older XMR-STAK-AMD has higher hashrate than 2.2. I've compiled latest sources from XMR-STAK it's in my guide for download, it has slightly higher hashrate but still older AMD version is better, also it has lowered dev fee to 1%.

Guys, which version is the old Stak with good results please ?
For the moment I can't equal sgminer results (500+h/s with 2 threads) when I try stak with two threads too. I tried 2.2 , 2.0 and 1.1.0.
I get approximatively the same hashrate with all the stak versions I tried (460h/s), but still less than sg miner.

I guess I missed the righ stak version. Anyone reaching good number with Stak could tell me which version he use ?

Thanks a lot!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: