Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:03:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RX 560 hashrates  (Read 27974 times)
Vlizzjeffrey

Activity: 784
Merit: 503

Bitcoin King BTC

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:59:25 AM

Im really curious about the monero fork, will the hashrates still be good for the rx460's rx560's rx550's.

specially for the rx550's im worried they could take a hit, because now they do so very well hash/watts, best of all gpu's by far. my 7x rx550's 3200h/s total system pulls 310 watt from wall.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
playfast

Activity: 131
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:17:10 PM

I switched from sgminer-gm 5.5.5 to xmr-stak 2.2.0 and tweaked amd.txt as suggested by @Vlizzjeffrey and I'm getting 1370 H/s out of (3) 2GB XFX RX 560 cards. That's exactly the same as with sgminer, but it seems a lot more stable. The specific problem I was having with sgminer is it would lock the rig up so bad it needed to be hard reset, usually, but not always, when I used the KVM switch to select it after it had been running awhile. Note that I am using the integrated GPU in the Celeron CPU for video, and not one of the mining cards, so this behavior was quite perplexing.
Do not use iGPU with AMD! Bad idead, it blocks OC settings, might be fixed with newer drivers, but it was big problem for most cards for mining. Only with Nvidia cards.
Properly configured SGminer has a lot higher hashrate than XMR-STAK 2.2 even older XMR-STAK-AMD has higher hashrate than 2.2. I've compiled latest sources from XMR-STAK it's in my guide for download, it has slightly higher hashrate but still older AMD version is better, also it has lowered dev fee to 1%.

Guys, which version is the old Stak with good results please ?
For the moment I can't equal sgminer results (500+h/s with 2 threads) when I try stak with two threads too. I tried 2.2 , 2.0 and 1.1.0.
I get approximatively the same hashrate with all the stak versions I tried (460h/s), but still less than sg miner.

I guess I missed the righ stak version. Anyone reaching good number with Stak could tell me which version he use ?

Thanks a lot!

Your mem quality just isn't good enough, it comes down to luck.
Most 2gb cards will have better hashrate than 4gb.
IMO the only benefit to go with 4gb is if you want to mine old ethash coins with big DAG size.
sdf9000

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:51:17 AM

so a while back i ordered:
5x https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B076XX769R/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
at a pre-order price of 98euro + delivery

What would you recommend to mine on these? I was thinking of mining Ethash but it seems most people are saying cryptonight is better...
I generally run that on overpowered CPU rig's just to weigh off some of the costly load those rigs have at idle.

I can see mos tpeople suggesting aroudn lets say 550hs for Cryptonight vs lets say 15mh/s ethash... Now to me right now that makes ethash more profitable on most coins... and I would expect if i mined eth for the value to increase over the year more than say "monero" in terms of %'ages...

So why are people mining cryptonight on these?
Branko (OP)

Activity: 2464
Merit: 318

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 10:08:49 AM

5x https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B076XX769R/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What would you recommend to mine on these? I was thinking of mining Ethash but it seems most people are saying cryptonight is better...
I generally run that on overpowered CPU rig's just to weigh off some of the costly load those rigs have at idle.

I can see mos tpeople suggesting aroudn lets say 550hs for Cryptonight vs lets say 15mh/s ethash... Now to me right now that makes ethash more profitable on most coins... and I would expect if i mined eth for the value to increase over the year more than say "monero" in terms of %'ages...

Well, judging by this page

https://www.cryptunit.com/

it seems that cryptonight algorithm is dead for CPU/GPU mining, and ASICs took over

So, back to ethash, although there are doubts that ASICs are taking over it too,
it seems more profitable ATM
Vlizzjeffrey

Bitcoin King BTC

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:30:43 AM

Well, judging by this page

https://www.cryptunit.com/

it seems that cryptonight algorithm is dead for CPU/GPU mining, and ASICs took over

So, back to ethash, although there are doubts that ASICs are taking over it too,
it seems more profitable ATM

But most of the bigger cryptonight coins will fork the algo so the asics become useless pieces of metal

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Vlizzjeffrey

Bitcoin King BTC

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:44:41 PM

since the fork i am only getting 200h/s per card when mining Sumokoin, used to be 450 hash . rx550 2gb hynix.
*I know the hash is suppoed to be lower since the fork but  not this much lower right?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Branko (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:51:39 PM

since the fork i am only getting 200h/s per card when mining Sumokoin, used to be 450 hash . rx550 2gb hynix.
*I know the hash is suppoed to be lower since the fork but  not this much lower right?

Well, I didn't try cryptonight heavy, but cryptonight V7 (Stellite) works pretty much the same on my RX560s
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:01:48 PM
Merited by suchmoon (1)

Heavy uses more memory so you'll probably have to dial back intensity quite a bit. I haven't yet tried this myself because the CN coins I primarily mine have foolishly delayed switching to an ASIC resistant algo...

So, I have my RX 560's churning away on MUSIC (Ethash) instead.

playfast

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 12:15:32 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2018, 12:32:55 PM by playfast

Looking to reduce power consumption on my rx560 rig, Afterburner can't access voltages so finally got around to installing OverdriveN tool.
On power limit -5% my cards can do max 1208mhz core without throttling, keeping it there as it's closest to stock core speed without going lower, don't wanna go "lower than what I bought" I'm weird like that haha.
I undervolted to 950 mV, went down to ~37W per card, they did up to ~48W at stock 1050 mV, might try to go lower but I worry about stability.
I read that the rx 550 can go down to ~30W at similar voltages? That's awesome, is it because of less ComputeUnits?

Heavy uses more memory so you'll probably have to dial back intensity quite a bit. I haven't yet tried this myself because the CN coins I primarily mine have foolishly delayed switching to an ASIC resistant algo...

So, I have my RX 560's churning away on MUSIC (Ethash) instead.

I'm mining MUSIC too but I'm also finding good ol Monero to be minable with rx 560, after the v7 fork the difficulty went down enough to be worth it, it won't last long so enjoying while I can.
Wilder wealths

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 05:15:01 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2018, 06:07:21 AM by Wilder wealths

Im really curious about the monero fork, will the hashrates still be good for the rx460's rx560's rx550's.

specially for the rx550's im worried they could take a hit, because now they do so very well hash/watts, best of all gpu's by far. my 7x rx550's 3200h/s total system pulls 310 watt from wall.

wow that's fast, and the power draw also low.
just buyin' new red rex army rig with 4x rx560 and 3x rx460 seven in total

after sellin' the rig green pascal 2x gtx 1060 6gb

just hitting 2.650 kh with cryptonight v7 with this new rig
i wonder if it's can get higher
playfast

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:23:07 PM

Looking to reduce power consumption on my rx560 rig, Afterburner can't access voltages so finally got around to installing OverdriveN tool.
On power limit -5% my cards can do max 1208mhz core without throttling, keeping it there as it's closest to stock core speed without going lower, don't wanna go "lower than what I bought" I'm weird like that haha.
I undervolted to 950 mV, went down to ~37W per card, they did up to ~48W at stock 1050 mV, might try to go lower but I worry about stability.
I read that the rx 550 can go down to ~30W at similar voltages? That's awesome, is it because of less ComputeUnits?

I finished testing them today at lower voltages with the same -5% power limit @ 1208 mhz. Tested with Claymore Zcash since it stresses core the most. It straight crashes at 880 mV, at 885 mV it gives errors then crashes, at 890 mV it doesn't crash but gives errors. At 897 mV it runs stable but this is where it starts to lose hash rate. So I settled on 902 mV, they use ~34W each. I reduced overall consumption by ~42W against stock with 3x 560's.
miningchamp93

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 01:45:10 PM

Hashrate 1.85 MHash/s
 Algorithm Ethereum
 Manufacturer Nvidia
 Power Consumption -
 Core Clock 1550 MHz
 Memory Clock -
 OS Ubuntu 14.04

Memory Interface GDDR5, Memory Clock : 1250 MHz

Nvidia GeForce GTX 560M

The Nvidia GeForce GTX 560M provides hashrate of 1.85 MHash/s for Ethereum at Coreclock 1550 MHz.

Here is the link which might help you

https://miningchamp.com/gpus/33/Nvidia-GeForce-GTX-560M-hashrate
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 09:00:04 PM

The RX 560 is an AMD product--

The GTX 560 is an outdated nVidia product no longer useful in mining.  My GTX 550ti mined scrypt at about 90kh/s, fully optimized.    It took me several weeks to earn a single LiteCoin, worth about $20, when I began mining.  The network difficulty for LiteCoin was still about 2,000 - 3,000.  The RX 560 is a modern AMD GPU capable of mining several newer algorithms at a modest energy level.

Further, the GTX 560M is a notebook GPU, and may well overheat and severely damage the notebook if used for mining. It cannot mine any current algorithm without costing more in the electricity it consumes than it would yield in mined crypto-currency.       --scryptr

Hashrate 1.85 MHash/s
 Algorithm Ethereum
 Manufacturer Nvidia
 Power Consumption -
 Core Clock 1550 MHz
 Memory Clock -
 OS Ubuntu 14.04

Memory Interface GDDR5, Memory Clock : 1250 MHz

Nvidia GeForce GTX 560M

The Nvidia GeForce GTX 560M provides hashrate of 1.85 MHash/s for Ethereum at Coreclock 1550 MHz.

Here is the link which might help you

https://miningchamp.com/gpus/33/Nvidia-GeForce-GTX-560M-hashrate

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
Eisenkopf89

Activity: 262
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 09:03:47 AM

What Setting do you have? 310W is very low for 7 Cards.
Branko (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 09:12:50 AM

Memories...certainly a lot of stuff in crypto world changed since I posted this  Grin
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 09:53:40 AM

Memories...certainly a lot of stuff in crypto world changed since I posted this  Grin

Indeed, yet the 2GB RX 560's that I only bought because nothing else was available at the time have proven to be the best purchase by far. They are still profitable to run (on CN variants) while all of the NVidia cards have been turned off or sold in the last few months. Just goes to show you should never place all your bets on one card, coin, ASIC, etc.

KriptoGuruTR

Activity: 564
Merit: 19

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 02:29:39 PM

CentOS with 18.30 amdgpu drivers. Stable 14.x with all 4gb rx560 cards at 36 watts. One click straps.

I think rx560 is the best low budget ethash card if you do 12 gpu rigs.
chrisbfrpky

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 05:21:51 PM

Indeed, yet the 2GB RX 560's that I only bought because nothing else was available at the time have proven to be the best purchase by far. They are still profitable to run (on CN variants) while all of the NVidia cards have been turned off or sold in the last few months. Just goes to show you should never place all your bets on one card, coin, ASIC, etc.

Amen, my little Sapphire Pulse RX560 cards have been happily working away at LOKI for a few months now. The 4 gig cards run around 63 to 66 C on the temps all the while turning out 380 H/s each on Cryptonight Heavy. The drain on my power supply is so minimal the cooling fan never turns on. Even the 2 gb cards hash around 318 h/s.

I figured out a few months ago the RX 560 and the 750 ti cards were the way to go. Sure they don't have as much hashrate as the 570 and 580 cards, but they barely sip any power even with stock bios, so in the long run, the most profit goes to the little brothers that nobody wanted and until recently most had to settle for. Now the big cards have entered a buyer's market on Ebay and 1070's and 1080's can be had for $200-$300. (Insert irony here)  Wink
Chris B.
MinerMonitoring

Activity: 127

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2018, 06:54:00 AM

RX560 provide hashrate of 12 MHash/s for Ethereum at Coreclock 975 MHz and Memoryclock 2000.

https://miningchamp.com/gpus/265/MSI-Radeon-RX-560-AERO-ITX-4G-OC-hashrate

You can find More On https://miningchamp.com/

Using PhoenixMiner 3.5d Windows i get 13.7mh/s
Branko (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 07:33:54 AM

RX560 provide hashrate of 12 MHash/s for Ethereum at Coreclock 975 MHz and Memoryclock 2000.

https://miningchamp.com/gpus/265/MSI-Radeon-RX-560-AERO-ITX-4G-OC-hashrate

You can find More On https://miningchamp.com/

Too low core clock frequency, imho, around 1100-1150 is ideal in my opinion, even a bit more
if micron memory
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: