Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:56:28 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 【ANN】 【ICO LIVE !】 🔥WWAM🔥 - Decentralized messaging protocol  (Read 26967 times)
CCEDKaps (OP)

Activity: 621
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 10:06:01 AM

I am struggling to understand what the ERC20 tokens will represent. An ERC20 will be used to gather funds, investors will send you ETH and they will get WWAM token (?) but how this WWAM token will be tied to the success of the project? Since the nodes, ledger with the info and fees will be in a new blockchain the ERC20 tokens will not be useful to end users, how will they carry their value?

That's a very good point ! The contract is actually including an interface to make the tokens upgrade-able. This give us the possibility to issue a child contract (tied to the main contract) on the Ethereum blockchain when the time comes , allowing users to switch to new tokens. These new tokens will be burnable in exchange of the WWAM currency running in our blockchain, givng WWAM a full autonomy, running on it's own without depending on Ethereum.
nolispui

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 10:14:20 AM

Italian translation completed and translated ANN posted: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2051325

Smiley
GintoniK

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

I Speak Future

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2017, 10:58:05 AM

to ease our communication i will call:
WWAMtoken the ERC20 used in the funding rounds
WWAMcurrency which is what the new blockchain will use for the transactions/information exchange.

1. Will the WWAM team create a system that will redeem WWAMtokens for WWAMcurrency?
2. Which coin will be listed in exchanges? the WWAMtoken or the WWAMcurrency ?
3. In order for a developer to create a chat application using the WWAM protocol he needs to stock up in WWAMtokens or WWAMcurrency?
4. Is there a premium converting WWAMtoken for WWAMcurrency? what is the competitive advantage of an ICO investor? does he get more WWAMcurrency because he/she redeemed WWAMtoken (proving to be an early investor) thus buying the service at a discount.
5. Does each application have its own "'branch" of the chain? or all messages from all sources use the same chain?
6. How does this kind of blockchain interoperability work out? are you using rootstock/cosmos/smart bridges or something similar?
7. The more an application uses the chain the coins the users (or service provider needs), will the coins needed gain value due to their scarcity? (a fixed number of coins with no additional minting)
8. If all the tokens will be created at the funding events, the "end users" will need to buy the coins off the initial investors at whatever price they set?

Sorry for asking so many questions but your project is complicated even at a concept level and i really dont want to misrepresent you.  

Bear markets are boring !
CCEDKaps (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 02:34:52 PM

to ease our communication i will call:
WWAMtoken the ERC20 used in the funding rounds
WWAMcurrency which is what the new blockchain will use for the transactions/information exchange.

1. Will the WWAM team create a system that will redeem WWAMtokens for WWAMcurrency?
2. Which coin will be listed in exchanges? the WWAMtoken or the WWAMcurrency ?
3. In order for a developer to create a chat application using the WWAM protocol he needs to stock up in WWAMtokens or WWAMcurrency?
4. Is there a premium converting WWAMtoken for WWAMcurrency? what is the competitive advantage of an ICO investor? does he get more WWAMcurrency because he/she redeemed WWAMtoken (proving to be an early investor) thus buying the service at a discount.
5. Does each application have its own "'branch" of the chain? or all messages from all sources use the same chain?
6. How does this kind of blockchain interoperability work out? are you using rootstock/cosmos/smart bridges or something similar?
7. The more an application uses the chain the coins the users (or service provider needs), will the coins needed gain value due to their scarcity? (a fixed number of coins with no additional minting)
8. If all the tokens will be created at the funding events, the "end users" will need to buy the coins off the initial investors at whatever price they set?

Sorry for asking so many questions but your project is complicated even at a concept level and i really dont want to misrepresent you.  

I don't mind answering as much questions as you have in mind. Actually I'm glad that someone took the time to show such interest in the project and highlighting legitimate and in-depth questions for a perfect understanding that will probably serve as a reference for any future user that might be interested in the project Smiley
We didn't realized that the project would look such complex for people external to it, so I'll try to keep it simple to answers those questions, hoping that I won't loose anyone.

As you said there will be no additional creation of coins. the WWAMcurrency will be fixed at a 1:1 supply rate with the WWAMtokens. Both are one, in fact, 1 WWAMtoken on the Ethereum blockchain will have it's equivalent 1 WWAMcurrency in our blockchain. There will be no premium for converting WWAMTokens to WWAMcurrency, as the only way to actually acquire WWAMcurrency will be WWAMTokens. It will just be like switching the currency from the Ethereum blockchain to ours.

The conversion from WWAMTokens to WWAMCurrency will be external, most likely by providing an automated platform interacting with an upgraded version of the WWAMToken contract, burning tokens in exchange of WWAMcurrency. Integrating it at the protocol level is out of the question, as it will impact the performance heavily and rely on another blockchain to process transactions.
It will be a one-way conversion, burning tokens definitively in exchange of WWAMcurrency. At that point, probably both currencies will be listed on exchange, and their price should be the exact same for a given supply. Days after days, the supply of WWAMTokens should reduce to increase the WWAMcurrency supply, until we reach a the point where no WWAMTokens will be leftm and the full supply is converted into WWAMcurrency (Ideally). The currency used by the protocol will be the WWAMcurrency, the WWAMTokens serve the only purpose of being converted to WWAMcurrency.

Moving onto the application development part, the blockchain will be unique, there's no branching system for applications. It's just aprotocol, and each application will have to comply with the protocol rules to be able to use the blockchain. As it will be standardized, it will allow any application to be able to initiate a communication with a different messaging application (As it would be the case with an IRC or Jabber client for exmaple, you don't need to use the same client as the person you're chatting with).

Regarding your last question - Yes, the WWAMcurrency is expected to gain value over time, due to the limited supply.
CCEDKaps (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 09:44:49 AM

Italian translation completed and translated ANN posted: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2051325

Smiley

Approved and added to the spreadsheet !
CCEDKaps (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 03:58:01 PM

Translated announcement topics have been added to the second post of this topic -Do not hesitate to visit your country's topic
There's still some positions to take for translating the ANN topic in other languages - Contact us by PM or e-mail if you can provide a translation that is not yet listed
EnenenemySpotted

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 04:21:52 PM

The idea is great. But is your team going to be able to do it? Any prototypes?
CCEDKaps (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 03:23:55 AM
Last edit: July 30, 2017, 03:43:17 AM by CCEDKaps

The idea is great. But is your team going to be able to do it? Any prototypes?

This has already been answered in previous posts.
cylxj88

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 03:32:26 AM

aoubut WWAM Everything looking very nice,I decided to invest in the project and I hope this will be the right decision.
Wishing for the project will be successful than what I expected
CCEDKaps (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 06:43:05 AM

aoubut WWAM Everything looking very nice,I decided to invest in the project and I hope this will be the right decision.
Wishing for the project will be successful than what I expected

That's what we wish for as well ! Thanks for your support to the project
GintoniK

I Speak Future

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2017, 01:39:32 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2017, 01:52:02 PM by GintoniK

Hello all,

Whalesfriend.com is a community crypto fund/blog, we have written a review about the WWAM project, describing the team's mission and shedding some light to the details of the protocol, the token, the ico and the team.

Original Source: http://whalesfriend.com/wwam-a-communications-protocol-to-tackle-privacy-issues/

Steemit: https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@whalesfriend/wwam-a-new-protocol-for-world-wide-anonymous-messaging

Re-tweet: https://twitter.com/ChrisNelsonCH/status/891977362140745729

Reddit upvote: https://www.reddit.com/r/Crypto_General/comments/6qnpmi/wwam_a_new_protocol_for_world_wide_anonymous/

Facebook like & share: https://www.facebook.com/Whalesfriend/posts/455441638160056

If you find any detail misrepresenting the project please pm me so we can correct it asap.

If you like the content and the WWAM project please help us promote it by re-posting it on your social media.

Thank you and good luck.

CCEDKaps (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 03:27:46 PM

Hello all,

Whalesfriend.com is a community crypto fund/blog, we have written a review about the WWAM project, describing the team's mission and shedding some light to the details of the protocol, the token, the ico and the team.

Original Source: http://whalesfriend.com/wwam-a-communications-protocol-to-tackle-privacy-issues/

Steemit: https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@whalesfriend/wwam-a-new-protocol-for-world-wide-anonymous-messaging

Re-tweet: https://twitter.com/ChrisNelsonCH/status/891977362140745729

Reddit upvote: https://www.reddit.com/r/Crypto_General/comments/6qnpmi/wwam_a_new_protocol_for_world_wide_anonymous/

Facebook like & share: https://www.facebook.com/Whalesfriend/posts/455441638160056

If you find any detail misrepresenting the project please pm me so we can correct it asap.

If you like the content and the WWAM project please help us promote it by re-posting it on your social media.

Thank you and good luck.

Thanks a lot, very well written article I'm gald you took the time to ask the right questions beforehand, we couldn't have it explained better  Wink
GintoniK

I Speak Future

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 06:29:56 AM

I have one last question,

What is the connection between Xavier (Founder of WWAM and the person who answered my questions) and Open Ledger?

Why do you sign as Ronny Boesing in your previous posts some of which are in danish. I am getting confused.

Thanks in advance !

CCEDKaps (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 08:01:15 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2017, 09:24:31 AM by CCEDKaps

What is the connection between Xavier (Founder of WWAM and the person who answered my questions) and Open Ledger?

Why do you sign as Ronny Boesing in your previous posts some of which are in danish. I am getting confused.

Thanks in advance !

This account has been bought off the market, (sold to us by the user MEGAman) as newbie accounts aren't allowed to post images Smiley
We are not affiliated with any previous post the previous owner made
boyprodn

Activity: 218

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 08:28:38 AM

Thanks in advance !

This account has been bought off the market, (sold to us by the user MEGAman) as newbie accounts aren't allowed to post images Smiley
Please check email for my translation. thanks you guy
CCEDKaps (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:07:56 AM

Thanks in advance !

Please check email for my translation. thanks you guy

Replied to you, please check
GintoniK

I Speak Future

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 02:04:56 PM

I have some concerns about the project after putting everything together.

Could someone from the WWAM team take a look on slack where i have posted some questions?

boyprodn

Activity: 218

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:00:33 PM

Reserved translation to Vietnamese, this is my translation: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2058804
CCEDKaps (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:32:42 PM

Reserved translation to Vietnamese, this is my translation: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2058804

Added to the translations in the first page !
CCEDKaps (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 07:48:58 AM

We are now listed on coingecko.com and coinschedule.com.
More coming soon !
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: