Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:34:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 【ANN】 【ICO LIVE !】 🔥WWAM🔥 - Decentralized messaging protocol  (Read 26963 times)
YouShallNotPass

Activity: 392
Merit: 130

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 02:10:15 AM

CCEDKaps

I want to understand. You ll also have mobile apps? Or you planning releasing adnroid and ios apps? Cause its more demand now

WWAM is a protocol. Anyone can build an application on top of it. If anybody wants to build a mobile app he'll be able too.
"We will provide a simple desktop client" , "A Windows instant messaging desktop client using the WWAM protocol, will be available at launch"

So do you intend not to develop this desktop client and leave it with its basic functions? and let someone to develop it?

I think that this desktop client is the start for more developments to come in this project. The purpose of ICO is to be able to acquire funds so that the team will be capable of handling the financial aspect during the their work so I am pretty sure they have more in store for us rather than just a basic desktop client.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
toolucky98

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 02:32:40 AM

CCEDKaps

I want to understand. You ll also have mobile apps? Or you planning releasing adnroid and ios apps? Cause its more demand now

WWAM is a protocol. Anyone can build an application on top of it. If anybody wants to build a mobile app he'll be able too.
"We will provide a simple desktop client" , "A Windows instant messaging desktop client using the WWAM protocol, will be available at launch"

So do you intend not to develop this desktop client and leave it with its basic functions? and let someone to develop it?

Our main goal is to provide a working and stable protocol, not a specific client. Of course, the spare time what is not used working on the protocol itself will be used for working on side projects using the WWAM protocol including chat clients for various OS.
Nicee, thats sound clear to me.
I just think because youre the first ones who know and master this protocol so that youre the first ones who have the greatest opportunity to develop the app for the better. Of course, after you maximize and stabilize the protocol if you like it that way.
Its like google with their google chrom/gmail
pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 03:58:33 AM

I can see windows and Linux clients in the roadmap but no mention about Android and iOS. Are there any plans about supporting mobile OS ?
toolucky98

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 04:48:28 AM

I can see windows and Linux clients in the roadmap but no mention about Android and iOS. Are there any plans about supporting mobile OS ?
Here is dev's answer before sir :
"WWAM is a protocol. Anyone can build an application on top of it. If anybody wants to build a mobile app he'll be able too."
Klangburg

Activity: 720
Merit: 271

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 04:49:37 AM

Please spend at least 5 minutes in reading the previous pages before asking what has been already answered many times!

CCEDKaps

Sooner than later, I'm sure someone will pick WWAM's source code to do a mobile client with its' protocol.
Many promising projects that are just uprising today will have its' real use-cases later in 2018 IMO.

t.me/cryptodeutsch
lvsca

Activity: 1792
Merit: 293

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 04:57:43 AM

if this token is protocol, it's awesome.
did anyone has information about another token has protocol system?
and, how this token work with protocol system if this token based on ERC20 token?

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
Voltaje

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:10:14 AM

Ok, I already read the whitepaper, and i have to say this could be HUGE, if you could become what DISQUS is, then you will be on the moon and Mars, this could become the new messenger, nobody could track us, and we would be free to chat away all we want, the more people use it, and the more apps, programs, chats, etc. people makes, the bigger this will become, very promising idea, good luck in the ICO Cheesy.
YouShallNotPass

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:15:43 AM

Ok, I already read the whitepaper, and i have to say this could be HUGE, if you could become what DISQUS is, then you will be on the moon and Mars, this could become the new messenger, nobody could track us, and we would be free to chat away all we want, the more people use it, and the more apps, programs, chats, etc. people makes, the bigger this will become, very promising idea, good luck in the ICO Cheesy.

i know right. This project can be on a widescale adoption. The team did a great job in creating this concept rather than just creating a anonymous messaging app they've level up the decision and create an anonymous messaging protocol which can be freely use by all. Good times will come for all of us who is supporting this project.
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:25:35 AM

Hey,

I think your project is something worth to keep an eye on, because in recent days we lose more and more control about our privacy. To be honest I am not a programmer or someone with a lot of knowledge how all this protocols work but before investing into a coin I want to understand it and know if it fits for me.

I have two questions at the moment.

The first one is: Your project ist build on an anonymous messaging protocol. Do you think this could be abused for bad? And would there be a backdoor or something for the developers to reveal abuse?

The second one is: Recently there were news about other coins that got revelead as not so anonymous than it was thought, do you think that something like that could happen in any way to you? I mean, never say never, but have you plans to keep it as anonymous as it should be? Smiley

Anyways, keep the good work up!

Whitepaper p. 9

WWAM seeks to make it impossible, for communication between users, to be compromised in any
instance, when communicating over the internet. All messages between users on the WWAM network will
be encrypted. Encryption will be mandatory, and un-encrypted messages rejected automatically by the
network.

The nodes will have zero knowledge about the users on the platform, and they will not be able to read
messages and content. Users will not be required to register to use WWAM, thereby rendering login and
password combinations useless. There will be no central server to store private information, and all
messages will stay in the blockchain. Contact lists and message history are non-existent unless the user
opts to maintain one.

WWAM will use a large network of many nodes. Whenever a user sends a message, the network will
process the message on different nodes. If a node on the network sees the user's Internet Protocol (IP)
address, the rest of the network would be oblivious to that information. With a network of thousands of
nodes, it is impossible for an attacker to control enough nodes to access the Internet Protocol (IP) address
of a specific user. Should the improbable happen, and the attacker is able to see the users IP address, they
will not be able to access the users messages

read more about it here: http://wwam.io/Whitepaper.pdf

And as it is supposed to be decentralized, I think there should'nt be the possibility of backdoors for anyone.

Summarize it pretty well, there will be no such thing as a backdoor, the code will be open-sourced anyway  Wink

Thank you for the answers. Well this could be a big help for sending informations anonymously and I think people like Snowden would have loved to be able to use this protocol. Would love to see a smartphone messanger using this protocol someday Smiley

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
helloal

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:33:37 AM

It'll be interesting to see how the issue of spam is addressed. Although the whitepaper states that spam won't be an issue because the recipient needs to authenticate the message, I would think that there is still a necessity for the recipient to look at the message first?

For example: if you want to start a chat with a friend, you give that friend your WWAM address, and then your friend sends you a message. But as there isn't a way to 'whitelist' your friend's address from the beginning, the messenger app won't know whether your friend's message is spam or not. There would be a need for you to 'whitelist' your friend's address by firstly viewing the message.
Or maybe I'm just missing something.

YouShallNotPass

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:36:44 AM
Last edit: August 10, 2017, 08:22:10 AM by YouShallNotPass

If you want to support this project more. Don't forget to visit/join the social community being handled by the team. Let's make this community bigger and bigger.

mainconcept

Activity: 588
Merit: 422

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:42:28 AM

Thats a really interesting project.

Is it possible to setup a node by myself to help the network and earn rewards from transaction fees?
LifeOfDoge

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:54:05 AM

It'll be interesting to see how the issue of spam is addressed. Although the whitepaper states that spam won't be an issue because the recipient needs to authenticate the message, I would think that there is still a necessity for the recipient to look at the message first?

For example: if you want to start a chat with a friend, you give that friend your WWAM address, and then your friend sends you a message. But as there isn't a way to 'whitelist' your friend's address from the beginning, the messenger app won't know whether your friend's message is spam or not. There would be a need for you to 'whitelist' your friend's address by firstly viewing the message.

I think that feature like that should be easily programmable so I would not be worry about something like that.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:03:17 AM

CCEDKaps

Thank you. I understand now. Sounds interesting. Its ll be a platform for other apps, not only app  Roll Eyes
hackis

Activity: 330

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:06:23 AM

Is it possible to setup a node by myself to help the network and earn rewards from transaction fees?

I think you'll be able to run a node after the launch. It would make the system centralized if users weren't able to run their own nodes.
toolucky98

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:07:01 AM

I think that feature like that should be easily programmable so I would not be worry about something like that.
I think the meaning of anonimity is no information about you at all. So i think there will be no WWAM address.
hackis

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:13:50 AM

I think the meaning of anonimity is no information about you at all. So i think there will be no WWAM address.

They're still using the blockchain so they need to have addresses. I don't think any blockchain could possibly work without addresses.
imtiazmahmood

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:32:53 AM

project look very promising. i have question what's price on ICO and what minimum goal this project. my point of views this project gonna successful project.
LifeOfDoge

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:43:49 AM

I think you'll be able to run a node after the launch. It would make the system centralized if users weren't able to run their own nodes.

If they do it as masternode feature it would really bring more attention, as those coins are really popular.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
hackis

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:46:10 AM

project look very promising. i have question what's price on ICO and what minimum goal this project. my point of views this project gonna successful project.

From http://wwam.io/ico :

1 ETH will get you 200,000 mWWAM  (200 WWAM). The minimal goal for funding is 500 ETH.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: