Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:19:16 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 【ANN】 【ICO LIVE !】 🔥WWAM🔥 - Decentralized messaging protocol  (Read 26967 times)
nonokeci

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 01:01:28 PM

I don't see platform getting any traction, without mobile app implementation
toolucky98

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 01:14:25 PM

They want to make a real decentralized platform to protect the privacy of users, they took the exemple of the success of IRC to show the possible success of WWAM.
Everyone need to discuss and IT is made for that, i think we have a big lack of privacy this time and project like WWAM is necessary to fill this gap.

real privacy is very hard to archieve nowadays. But that's the point.. starting in this branch today might cash out in some years in multiple ways!

Today many people don't care about that, but exactly they are someday the first ones that regret it most being lazy with that.
Yeah , they already said it in whitepaper.

"WWAM is a long-term project. We are still at the very early stages of development"

For me, this is very interesting project and worth for the long term.
Good luck dev
CCEDKaps (OP)

Activity: 621
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 01:28:21 PM

This has been answered at least 3 times in the last 2 pages ...
yeswepump
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 01:29:58 PM

Q:
I am struggling to understand what the ERC20 tokens will represent. An ERC20 will be used to gather funds, investors will send you ETH and they will get WWAM token (?) but how this WWAM token will be tied to the success of the project? Since the nodes, ledger with the info and fees will be in a new blockchain the ERC20 tokens will not be useful to end users, how will they carry their value?

A:
The contract is actually including an interface to make the tokens upgrade-able. This give us the possibility to issue a child contract (tied to the main contract) on the Ethereum blockchain when the time comes , allowing users to switch to new tokens. These new tokens will be burnable in exchange of the WWAM currency running in our blockchain, givng WWAM a full autonomy, running on it's own without depending on Ethereum.

Can you please explain why you didn't go the "normal way" i.e. issuing the tokens only when the ico is successfull and ended?

At this time I see this only as a marketing strategy, but without real value. Thanks for explaining me what I don't see...

YouShallNotPass

Activity: 392
Merit: 130

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 01:34:15 PM

Ready yourselves coz WWAM's about to open their Initial Coin Offering.

Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 01:35:10 PM

Hello,

The project seems interesting. Everything related to Anonymity is quite successful in the cryptocurrency field.

Do you have any competitor in this sector ?

If yes, can you make a quick comparizon between your offer and theirs ?

Thank you  Smiley

There's no way a chat app is getting funded. There are already so many options for anonymous communication.

Good thing that we are not a chat app then Smiley.

As far as we know, there's no project currently proposing to implement a whole blockchain based technology dedicated to a messaging protocol.
Security and privacy shouldn't be a competition in our opinion. We encourage any open source project based on decentralized mechanisms, even if their goal is similar to ours.
It should not be about profit but more about making software engineering progress towards a greater goal, which is strengthening privacy and anonymity.

I understand your point of view. But since there is an ICO, investors are thinking about profit and not directly about the good that your project can bring to the communication field. That's why I asked this question. Your answer enlight the fact that you're not running after profits, which is a good point from my point of view.
YouShallNotPass

Activity: 392
Merit: 130

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 01:41:06 PM

As far as I know, they will not make the actual app rather they will seek the implementation of the protocol inside other apps such as marketplaces, exchanges and other platforms. In other words, WWAM would not directly create anonymity message applications but instead they have a protocol for anonymous messaging which can be use by other people.

P.s This is from my own understanding only.
CCEDKaps (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 01:47:57 PM

Q:
I am struggling to understand what the ERC20 tokens will represent. An ERC20 will be used to gather funds, investors will send you ETH and they will get WWAM token (?) but how this WWAM token will be tied to the success of the project? Since the nodes, ledger with the info and fees will be in a new blockchain the ERC20 tokens will not be useful to end users, how will they carry their value?

A:
The contract is actually including an interface to make the tokens upgrade-able. This give us the possibility to issue a child contract (tied to the main contract) on the Ethereum blockchain when the time comes , allowing users to switch to new tokens. These new tokens will be burnable in exchange of the WWAM currency running in our blockchain, givng WWAM a full autonomy, running on it's own without depending on Ethereum.

Can you please explain why you didn't go the "normal way" i.e. issuing the tokens only when the ico is successfull and ended?

At this time I see this only as a marketing strategy, but without real value. Thanks for explaining me what I don't see...

Well, first we thought about providing an Ethereum conducted ICO as it is a safety for investors. The contract source code is publicly viewable, and it can not be rigged. The process of distributing tokens is automated, and having an ERC20 token allows investor to sell or exchange their tokens at any time if they don't like the way the project is taking (Or any other reason, it's up to them). So no one feels enclosed by investing into the project.
Tokens are issued during the ICO and not at the end, that doesn't make much difference as token trading is locked until the end of the ICO, but we thought it would be cool for investors to see their tokens sitting in their balance right after investing into the project, rather than having to wait the end of the ICO, that's all Smiley.
Klangburg

Activity: 722
Merit: 271

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 01:58:37 PM

Tokens are issued during the ICO and not at the end, that doesn't make much difference as token trading is locked until the end of the ICO, but we thought it would be cool for investors to see their tokens sitting in their balance right after investing into the project, rather than having to wait the end of the ICO, that's all Smiley.

I like that step. Shows a bit of your skills to the crowd and gives the investors some kind of proof for not being just another scammy ICO.

t.me/cryptodeutsch
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:25:05 PM

Section 1.1: "[...] personal information [...] Would require considerable effort [...] to access it".

-----------------
Some more whitepaper corrections:

Page 4:
  • stored in a separate safes: stored in separate safes
  • It will be visible to the public: they will be publicly visible
  • "It will be applied here and used for instant messaging, with the scope to replace emails or act as a means of spreading..." That was hard to read. Maybe try something like "WWAM will be used for instant messaging and we intend for our protocol to replace e-mail. We also introduce the concept of worldwide immutable messaging. "
phucdigan

Merit: 103

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:45:10 PM

Based on information on the site, white paper and 8 pages of this thread ... I feel this project is not very feasible, I will wait at least the first 2-3 days of the ICO, watching how the situation is. Decide to follow or not.   Roll Eyes
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:48:45 PM

Could you try to explain in more detail where it falls short? What weaknesses and threats have you found so far?

If you point them out the devs can address them specifically and maybe improve there.
CCEDKaps (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:52:00 PM

Could you try to explain in more detail where it falls short? What weaknesses and threats have you found so far?

If you point them out the devs can address them specifically and maybe improve there.

Excuse me sir, are you trying to use common sense and reason over the Internet ?  Grin

Jokes apart, thanks for pointing out other typos in the Whitepaper, I'll try to have them corrected by tonight
gliridian

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:14:53 PM

Another promising project. I will be following this.
toolucky98

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:19:39 PM

This could be a misunderstanding sir, it would be better if you quote phucdigan first
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:40:33 PM

Its true that a real private and Anonymous messaging service is hard to create, but WWAM as a great chance to achieve that. They have a technologie in work and with blockchain application they can do that. We have just to wait a bit to see this project sucess, i think WWAM have a lot of chance to create a very nice private and Anonymous protocol.
We will be all very glad when we could use this !
nonokeci

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:53:10 PM

As far as I know, they will not make the actual app rather they will seek the implementation of the protocol inside other apps such as marketplaces, exchanges and other platforms. In other words, WWAM would not directly create anonymity message applications but instead they have a protocol for anonymous messaging which can be use by other people.

If that's the case, I fail to see the tokens' application.
CCEDKaps (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:15:26 PM

Because you didn't searched that far to understand what is the token application Wink
Check the Q and A in the second post of that thread
wildbud

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:23:24 PM

Its true that a real private and Anonymous messaging service is hard to create, but WWAM as a great chance to achieve that. They have a technologie in work and with blockchain application they can do that. We have just to wait a bit to see this project sucess, i think WWAM have a lot of chance to create a very nice private and Anonymous protocol.
We will be all very glad when we could use this !
That would be great to see something like that! Could definitely compete with something like telegram or a service like that, they are great and desired applications can’t wait to see it!
nonokeci

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:08:36 PM

Because you didn't searched that far to understand what is the token application Wink
Check the Q and A in the second post of that thread

Will read into it deeper, cheers dev
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: