Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:23:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 【ANN】 【ICO LIVE !】 🔥WWAM🔥 - Decentralized messaging protocol  (Read 26963 times)
CCEDKaps (OP)

Activity: 621
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 06:27:57 PM

French and German translations have been reserved - Should be available soon !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 06:44:43 PM

Yes telegram say they respect users privacy an has chiffred data and its impossible to a govenment to have access to it but in fact its not totaly true.
Its stay a huge demand for a real private messaging service and protocol, the market is huge and i think that only a blockchain service can afford that.
WWAM is made for that !
lvsca

Activity: 1792
Merit: 293

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 06:54:01 PM

ERC20 token is better than duplicate coin.
better concept and planing. waiting ICO end and i will trade it on market.

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
PewPewGoesTheDuck

Activity: 200
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 07:08:00 PM

The internet needs more anonymous methods of communication. Hopefully this platform/protocol will gain some traction. It doesn't have to take over the world but a small chunk will do.
thedue

Activity: 662

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 07:11:13 PM

Bad for me  Shocked thought about translating to german... tell me if there is any further demand, thank you!  Wink
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 07:42:40 PM

Suggested corrections for page 6 of the whitepaper:

• The provider's: The providers
  • I would move the line "Most internet companies [...]" to the paragraph following it, and make that paragraph a list item. Because there is a difference between ISPs tracking the e-mail accounts provided by them and vulnerabilities in web clients.

Actually I'm not sure the last paragraph of section 1.2.1 is a compelling argument. Online authentication and phishing are difficult subjects that stretch way beyond e-mail. Web-based cryptocurrency wallets in particular have the same vulnerability and so may any applications using the WWAM protocol.
CCEDKaps (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 09:02:36 PM

Suggested corrections for page 6 of the whitepaper:

• The provider's: The providers
  • I would move the line "Most internet companies [...]" to the paragraph following it, and make that paragraph a list item. Because there is a difference between ISPs tracking the e-mail accounts provided by them and vulnerabilities in web clients.

Actually I'm not sure the last paragraph of section 1.2.1 is a compelling argument. Online authentication and phishing are difficult subjects that stretch way beyond e-mail. Web-based cryptocurrency wallets in particular have the same vulnerability and so may any applications using the WWAM protocol.

Funny, Maxime had the exact same train of thoughts on that sentence I remember having that discussion. I personally thought it was relevant in a way, as of today almost everyone uses a web based application for accessing their e-mails. Of course that' not a vulnerability of the protocol itself, it's more of an implementation problem and it does not belong in the same category as the other vulnerabilities exposed, but when it's so widely used it starts to become a relevant point, in my humble opinion  Smiley
chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 09:25:30 PM

Can you explain the use of the token, and give a detailed breakdown of the reward system? If I'm not mistaken, in the white paper, it says that if you participate as a node, you receive some of the transaction fees? Is this correct?

CCEDKaps (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 09:28:58 PM

Can you explain the use of the token, and give a detailed breakdown of the reward system? If I'm not mistaken, in the white paper, it says that if you participate as a node, you receive some of the transaction fees? Is this correct?

That can be found in the second post of this thread. If some points are still unclear after reading that, feel free to ask  Wink
YouShallNotPass

Activity: 392
Merit: 130

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:54:10 PM

21 Hours to Go ! The WWAM initial coin offering would take place. Be sure to read the terms and guidelines before contributing

Terms and guidelines:

-Everything in this page and the Ethereum contract itself is expressed in mWWAM (milli-WWAM, 1mWWAM = 0.001 WWAM)
-The funding goal required for the project to start is 500 ETH. If this amount isn't reached at the end of the ICO, every investor will be refunded.
-The ICO is conducted with an Ethereum smart contract issuing ERC20 Tokens. The tokens are issued instantly upon reception of an Ethereum payment,
   however token transactions remain locked until ICO ends.
   To invest in the ICO, you simply need to send funds to the following ICO contract : 0x59a048d31d72b98dfb10f91a8905aecda7639f13. The minimum
   accepted amount is 0.01 ETH.
-DO NOT send funds from an exchange or any address you don't have full control over. Tokens will be issued to the sending address. There will be no -possibility to retrieve your Tokens if they are lost.
Rigorous

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:00:40 PM

Funny, Maxime had the exact same train of thoughts on that sentence I remember having that discussion. I personally thought it was relevant in a way, as of today almost everyone uses a web based application for accessing their e-mails. Of course that' not a vulnerability of the protocol itself, it's more of an implementation problem and it does not belong in the same category as the other vulnerabilities exposed, but when it's so widely used it starts to become a relevant point, in my humble opinion  Smiley

I stand by my opinion. If there were a web client for WWAM-messaging, one that besides the anonymous part would function exactly like an e-mail app, you would end up with the exact same situation.

Or let's turn it around. Suppose WWAM is as ubiquitous as e-mail, what feature does WWAM have that makes it invulnerable to phishing and MITM attacks?

The MITM could be anywhere between the input device and the authenticating server. How is WWAM going to stop keyloggers and packet sniffers?

For phishing the attacker could create a fake mirror copy of the login page. I concede that if the user verified the sender correctly, the chance of getting a message with a forged sender field and links to the fake mirror copy is 0. But the weak spot will move to the authorization messages. For example, a bank may say on their website "Only accept WWAM authorization requests from our address 88e531b85f072474926f88053b70b05d". And then a phisher sends one from 88e531b85f872474926f88053b70b05d.
CCEDKaps (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:24:20 PM

I stand by my opinion. If there were a web client for WWAM-messaging, one that besides the anonymous part would function exactly like an e-mail app, you would end up with the exact same situation.

Or let's turn it around. Suppose WWAM is as ubiquitous as e-mail, what feature does WWAM have that makes it invulnerable to phishing and MITM attacks?

The MITM could be anywhere between the input device and the authenticating server. How is WWAM going to stop keyloggers and packet sniffers?

For phishing the attacker could create a fake mirror copy of the login page. I concede that if the user verified the sender correctly, the chance of getting a message with a forged sender field and links to the fake mirror copy is 0. But the weak spot will move to the authorization messages. For example, a bank may say on their website "Only accept WWAM authorization requests from our address 88e531b85f072474926f88053b70b05d". And then a phisher sends one from 88e531b85f872474926f88053b70b05d.

Well the thing with end to end encryption is that it does not make it vulnerable to MITM attack. I mean, what an attacker would get in an MITM attack would be the same as reading the bare blockchain.
We do not encourage the use of the WWAM protocol with any logging mechanism, that would be kind of missing the point of the project. Ideally, an application should not communicate anything about the user itself, and let the messages be decrypted client side.
Mystic90

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:28:27 PM

Is there a target for the ICO? Is there cap on it?
Im interested in this, but would like to have more details about the financials Smiley
CCEDKaps (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:35:41 PM

Is there a target for the ICO? Is there cap on it?
Im interested in this, but would like to have more details about the financials Smiley

Yes, the minimum funding goal is 500 ETH. I'ts been mentionned multiple time through the topics, checks the Q&A in the second post of the thread and our ico page : http://wwam.io/ico
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:38:58 PM

The minimum is 500 ETH for the ico, if WWAM dont reach this cap investors will be refunded.
But i really think that we will hit 500 eth very very fast. A disruptive project like that deserve it and will have it for sure. Dont miss the ICO, be here tomorrow !
Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:54:33 PM

The minimum is 500 ETH for the ico, if WWAM dont reach this cap investors will be refunded.
But i really think that we will hit 500 eth very very fast. A disruptive project like that deserve it and will have it for sure. Dont miss the ICO, be here tomorrow !

The project is good. But it's an harsh period for ICOs, one good example : Blocklancer, very popular, but decided to report the ICO because not enough people participating.

It's getting harder to get funds with ICOs since everybody do ICOs, it's becoming less and less interesting for investors.

That's why projects now need to think smaller, to build a true community, a true support, then an ICO when the development of the product has already begun.

I really hope that WWAM succeeds, the project is different, the objective is very crypto-related. We'll see  Smiley
Rigorous

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 12:28:24 AM

Well the thing with end to end encryption is that it does not make it vulnerable to MITM attack. I mean, what an attacker would get in an MITM attack would be the same as reading the bare blockchain.
We do not encourage the use of the WWAM protocol with any logging mechanism, that would be kind of missing the point of the project. Ideally, an application should not communicate anything about the user itself, and let the messages be decrypted client side.

When you say logging mechanism, do you mean logging into an account, or logging as in logbook?

Just to be clear, when I said "keylogger" I'm talking about the situation where the user's device has already been breached and the attacker can eavesdrop the symbols that are entered into web client, before encryption takes place. That way the attacker can steal the user's credentials as they are typed into the web client's log-in form, but possibly also parts of the unencrypted message.

If you mean logging into accounts is not encouraged, I am interested how the user is associated with the address. If we take cryptocurrency wallets as an example, which I think is essentially not so difference from a hypothetical WWAM messaging app, it's possible to load a wallet.dat file (= identification in the form of a public/private keypair) and decrypt/encrypt it. If the wallet software is not installed on the user's device, but on a remote server, (those things exist, eg. MyEtherWallet), the communication between the user and the remote server is open to eavesdropping with a keylogger or a MITM attack.

So, if you are actually saying "don't make web clients", well it already happened.
gliridian

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 03:26:07 AM

To be honest, I really think this to be taking off. Why? Because of their feature on privacy and anonimity. Do you know why Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter and other social media are earning so much even though we are using their services and products for free? It's because of your information. That's why they kept on asking everything about you. In fact you are their real product. They sell your info to advertisers, governments, organizations, politicians etc. so basically their services are not free. You pay it for a price, a hefty price. And the price is your privacy. To some people they see this as a fair trade. They get to use their platform (Facebook, YouTube,etc) by giving their info to them. That depends on how you look at it. If it's ok with you on being surveillanced 24/7, being sold as commodity, giving the hackers and other blackhat entities to hack your bank accounts, house, etc, have the chance of being bullied and blackmailed online, then go.

So I think the arrival of wwam will be a game changer to this field. Let's get back our privacy. I'll be watching this very closely. This has huge potential.
gliridian

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 03:58:45 AM

Hmmmm, an empty Github and no proof of concept or whatsoever. Moreover, a hard cap of 500.000 ETH, really? Over $100M of funding for a team of 4 would be $25M each? And a lead time of 1 year with this amount of funding would be ridiculous. Sounds like an attempt to get easy money, especially since the last names are hided.

I'll take the time to answer to this now, as I probably won't take the time to answer unfounded accusations in the future :
The github is actually providing the source code of the Ethereum contract. As explained many times, the project is still a concept that we needs funds for to realize. Our funding goal is a modest 500 ETH, which, let's be honest, is just a reasonable amount to fund a project of this size. The 500,000 ETH hard cap is mostly to avoid things getting out of hand, we do not believe to reach it at all. But as developers, we always try to expect the unexpected. By the way that's not how funds are used, we're working as a team, not splitting the investment in a 25% part for each of us ...
Around a year of development for such a project is realistic. You should actually be far more concerned about teams announcing unrealistic development times for huge projects, rather than people being honest about the time a project will take to be released.
There are easier way to get easy money than putting so much time and effort into building such a project. Maybe reading a bit about it, checking the website, the contents we published, and the source code of the Ethereum contract will make you realize it's not something that can be made by any monkey wandering on the Internet. We actually know what we're doing, and what we're talking about.

[/quote]

I think this is a good answer to the accusation. I actually find it detestable developers overpromising something from their Whitepaper and not delivering. I think this project is very promising. It has a huge potential in the privacy field. They can take many other directions to consider and this is a very young field. It's unexplored. I think it's ok not to underpromise and overdeliver devs. I would prepare that. Surprise us!
ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:27:52 AM

Ya , 500 ETH not to much , it's very easy to hit that target, I saw that other project hit more than 5000 eth from their investor, If it's a potential project as good idea and technology .... I will invest some $$ to support WWAM
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: