Bitcoin Forum
December 12, 2017, 10:44:37 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [WDC] Worldcoin | 3.0 Flirtatious Ant Released! | Multicoin architecture  (Read 406983 times)
Berzeck

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 07:03:51 PM

It means that bitcoin has using version 0.8.x up to december 2013 (and many nodes up to 2014) with tens of times more transactions, nodes, etc  than wdc and network was not 'disturbing' even then. Many changes that came after that, patches scalability problem giving more time to the network; we do not have those problems right now because number of transactions are very very low in comparison,  if you change to a PoW + PoS scheme that should secure a little more the network for a hashrate attack but what you do not realize is that performing a sybill atack is hundreds of times cheaper and easier to destroy a network something even btc is susceptible to. So you want fortify the front door with reinforced steel but you leave the back window open; feeling more secure.
As a side note: PoW will be changed in the future because its an enormous waste of power, the trend technology improves is always in the other direction; there are many experimental schemes that do not waste so much power that will supersede PoW, therefore securing hashrate is definitely a temporary solution because it will be changed again in the future.

But we do not need to argue about this, because as I said if someone else will invest time in temporal improvements I do not have a problem with that. We will coordinate and make the improvements

But some guidelines first:
 *We won't use alpha status code (like your last proposal), that would be crazy and very reckless (to say the least)  move.because it can kill the network. Changing core crypto functions is hard, changing it correctly with a decent QA is EXTREMELY HARD; it would be suicide if we try to implement alpha code for a new scheme and try to perform QA (Quality Assurance) ourselves
Whats more how exactly this proposal changes the 'disturbing' status of the network?!?!?!?
 *We won't change to some experimental scheme which is a project of a single coin (related to point 1)
 *The candidate schemes should be currently used and proved to work in production code (Pow + PoS for example)
 In the past you wanted to change to some established PoW + PoS which can't hurt (done right of course), other proven schemes could work too

About voting:
Example:
  suppose there are 4 options:
  we will send to your address 0.1 wdc for option 1, 0.2 wdc for option 2 and so on (to whatever you put your vote).
  you have to send us back the amount for your vote to count
  the address used to send the coins will be checked for the amount of WDC you have in it.

More coins more vote power.

Before we start vote, we need to agree on technical changes and only then vote for them.
You argue that any change with the addition of masternodes can lead to a catastrophe.
Then let's look at the my old sentence and then how the nearest coins to us (for example Potcoin, and scrypt algo) went to the POW + POSv mechanism https://github.com/potcoin/Potcoin-Seeder
Personally, I do not see that this coin is experiencing network problems, such as we now see at WDC.

I also propose to translate this discussion into a slack channel, that would not fill this forum with different ideas and reflections.

If you want, you can start a new slack channel or join the fact that I discovered worldcoin-group.slack.com (For me it does not matter)

Friend, we obviously  have a problem of communication, what I am arguing is that the link you put as a reference clearly states that it is ALPHA code, and clearly states that it still needs a lot of testing BEFORE putting it in production; its nuts to use that code in our network
I also clearly state that I am OK with PoW + PoS (please, we really need to read carefully to avoid misundertstandings)

It would be better to use the official forum to backup the arguments before the poll. Also this first thread that will be put is just choosing candidates (like PoW + PoS)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1199

Diamond Investor

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 07:40:07 PM

Friend, we obviously  have a problem of communication, what I am arguing is that the link you put as a reference clearly states that it is ALPHA code, and clearly states that it still needs a lot of testing BEFORE putting it in production; its nuts to use that code in our network
I also clearly state that I am OK with PoW + PoS (please, we really need to read carefully to avoid misundertstandings)

It would be better to use the official forum to backup the arguments before the poll. Also this first thread that will be put is just choosing candidates (like PoW + PoS)

Ok, then you can open a separate topic on this issue on the forum.worldcoin.global

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧
Berzeck

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 02:27:55 AM

Ok, then you can open a separate topic on this issue on the forum.worldcoin.global

Those who are interested http://forum.worldcoin.global/index.php?/topic/428-switching-block-chain-tech-candidates/
Berzeck

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 08:18:06 AM

Back to China! http://forum.worldcoin.global/index.php?/topic/430-back-to-china/
thunderjet

Activity: 307

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 04:53:36 PM

is that mean that WDC/CNY trading pair on BTC38 will be established again?
Berzeck

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 07:17:10 PM

is that mean that WDC/CNY trading pair on BTC38 will be established again?

No, that was just an article published by our partners. But lets see in at most two weeks what they really can do Smiley
fuongy

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 07:11:39 AM

Wow up 300% today any news?
Berzeck

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 08:04:22 AM

Our Chinese partner says that btc38 will enable wdc/cny again for trading in the coming weeks. We can't know right know if that's true
murt9000

Activity: 38

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 06:40:41 PM

Hi guys, I'm a MAC user with wallet version v0.8.6.2-g55c5572-beta

I can't find any active nodes to sync with. Can anyone confirm some IP addresses of active nodes that i can add?
shveicar
Legendary

Diamond Investor

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 07:36:23 PM

Yes, It was a good Chinese pump  Smiley

Kergekoin

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 04:27:58 AM

I downloaded the newest wallet (3.1) and also downloaded the block chain. It still takes forever to sync, 2 days and only @60%. What may be the problem or is it the normality now?
Berzeck

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 04:38:57 AM

I downloaded the newest wallet (3.1) and also downloaded the block chain. It still takes forever to sync, 2 days and only @60%. What may be the problem or is it the normality now?

Hello, it seems that I introduced a bug on the installer. When you download the blockchain please check where it does download. Then with the wallet closed edit Daemons.cfg file and change DataDirectory to the directory where blockchain is actually downloaded

Sorry. I will fix for next version
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1232

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 05:28:05 AM

always been a fan of WDC, been holding for years.

Can some decent coins be added to the wallet please? sys, xvg, dnote, nav, dgb; to name a few.

Love the wallet functionality but think a redesign away from a desktop appearance and back to an app appearance might be better from a usability stance.

dev:

Congrats on the well deserved success thus far.

Morguk

Activity: 568

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 04:40:13 PM

Chain keeps getting stuck at 81%.

How can I get my coins from my wallet?

Koltan

Activity: 35

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 05:52:32 PM

Hi, guys! Need help here.

I've downloaded the latest installer for the wallet "WorldcoinBC.exe" and have a problem downloading files.
This is what installer says:

Press Download button to begin installation.
Connection established ...
Connection validated !. ID : '46720'
ConnectionID: 46720. RequestID: 95224
Timeout trying to download file 'C:/Worldcoin/WFUserInterface/AXLib.pdz', trying again ...
Timeout trying to download file 'C:/Worldcoin/WFUserInterface/AXLib.pdz', trying again ...
And this lasts forever.

Also, after this attempt to install the new version, my old version had broken and don't start anymore.

Help me, please. What can I do to get my old wallet back to work or to make the new one to install?
shveicar
Legendary

Diamond Investor

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 09:57:55 PM

I think it's very risky to buy WDC now at the peak of the Chinese pump.
There are obvious that network the have a serious problems and they by themselves will not be solved in the near future.
I tried to attract Chinese investors to this, but they remain silent.
So it is obvious that this  high price will not hold out for long..

Berzeck

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 05:24:27 AM

Are you trying to sync? which version are you using?
Berzeck

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 05:27:17 AM

Hi, guys! Need help here.

I've downloaded the latest installer for the wallet "WorldcoinBC.exe" and have a problem downloading files.
This is what installer says:

Press Download button to begin installation.
Connection established ...
Connection validated !. ID : '46720'
ConnectionID: 46720. RequestID: 95224
And this lasts forever.

Also, after this attempt to install the new version, my old version had broken and don't start anymore.

Help me, please. What can I do to get my old wallet back to work or to make the new one to install?

Hello, sorry for the delay, everything will be back to normal in about an hour an half. Please test again!

NOTE: Since price skyrocket I am a little overwhelmed with messages and mails from people returning to wdc specially people that don't remember their wallet passwords Sad
Berzeck

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 05:42:13 AM

There are obvious that network the have a serious problems and they by themselves will not be solved in the near future.
So it is obvious that this  high price will not hold out for long..

As I post on forum, I spoke directly with Chines investors a couple of months ago and hence the price increase, the reason that they do not buy the 'PoS will save WDC' trend is that they believe that following LTC steps we are more likely to succeed. They liked new wallet  even that it has some bugs, the scripting engine which no wallet has is a good enough advantage, so they manage to post article on btc38 with thousands of readers (22k last time I checked probably more by now) and hence the second spike.

Lets be honest, you always stated that PoS inclusion was the only way  to increase price while I always stated that was not the case and I proved you wrong, the market sooner or later may have a correction but it is extremely unlikely we see  0.005 usd  levels again

The thing is that we cannot change core protocol like changing fonts or colors; we need miner consent for that (check btc drama if you do not believe me), and we need to build a community BEFORE we can start pushing around protocol changes, because if miners do not consent and stop mining then wdc is dead. Situation will improve so in the next couple of months we can think if we will follow LTC steps or if another ultimate blockchain solution emerges ...

I expect to meet chinese investors over QQ on weekend maybe they want wallet translated, we will see
shveicar
Legendary

Diamond Investor

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 08:02:20 AM

So it is obvious that this  high price will not hold out for long..

As I post on forum, I spoke directly with Chines investors a couple of months ago and hence the price increase, the reason that they do not buy the 'PoS will save WDC' trend is that they believe that following LTC steps we are more likely to succeed. They liked new wallet  even that it has some bugs, the scripting engine which no wallet has is a good enough advantage, so they manage to post article on btc38 with thousands of readers (22k last time I checked probably more by now) and hence the second spike.

Lets be honest, you always stated that PoS inclusion was the only way  to increase price while I always stated that was not the case and I proved you wrong, the market sooner or later may have a correction but it is extremely unlikely we see  0.005 usd  levels again

The thing is that we cannot change core protocol like changing fonts or colors; we need miner consent for that (check btc drama if you do not believe me), and we need to build a community BEFORE we can start pushing around protocol changes, because if miners do not consent and stop mining then wdc is dead. Situation will improve so in the next couple of months we can think if we will follow LTC steps or if another ultimate blockchain solution emerges ...

I expect to meet chinese investors over QQ on weekend maybe they want wallet translated, we will see

Well, in the end let those who have millions of WDC decide.
If they like the system of pumps and subsequent dumps and they prefer it to a balanced and well-founded growth, then the path of conservatism and the lack of reforms is the only correct decision.
I have nothing more to add..

Pages: « 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.