Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:24:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] 🌟🌟 Datum - Unlock the Bln $$ Data Economy - ICO 29th October - 🌟🌟  (Read 84827 times)
mrk6

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 02:34:14 AM

Datum coin price is now under 1 million USD, congratulations, is this where you wanted to be? with a volume of 60k. Now logic dictates that if you don't grow your user base then you can't get the coin price up, so where is it going to go in one week, two weeks, three weeks? You won't be able to grow your user base but do you know the why?
Suke_Teki

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 04:16:27 AM

What happened with their app for android on Google play? When I trying to get the app on their site by link to Google play this says me:

We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server.

App for IOS looks works, but I don't have Iphone, and most of people using android devices. People using their app already or no?
How about their tokens? They using somehow already?
I just tried to download the Datum ID application in the Play Store and it worked. I see not many people have downloaded this application, but I will try to use it
lobat999

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 10:34:19 AM

https://medium.com/@datumorg/announcing-datum-storage-sign-up-today-to-get-1tb-free-eebeff62fe4d

Be careful, if you don't deliver the free thing then its bait advertising which is illegal in Hong Kong. https://www.consumer.org.hk/ws_en/unfair_trade_practices/p261

Yeah I've seen it in https://etherscan.io as an advertisement. I guess they are gearing up a vibrant marketing campaign that has the potential to increase user adoption. I think they are quite serious about it. Smiley
gembira

Activity: 1610
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 10:42:38 AM

What happened with their app for android on Google play? When I trying to get the app on their site by link to Google play this says me:

We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server.

App for IOS looks works, but I don't have Iphone, and most of people using android devices. People using their app already or no?
How about their tokens? They using somehow already?
I just tried to download the Datum ID application in the Play Store and it worked. I see not many people have downloaded this application, but I will try to use it

Mate, I talked about application on Google play for android users, not about for IOS on Play Store. Link to app on Google Play not working, seems this app was deleted.
Did you try this app on your Iphone? How this works? This is fully working or just a demo version?
mrk6

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 12:24:22 PM

If datum s3 storage is sub-par on price, performance or added value at all I'll make sure its evaluated very accurately against all competitors. People deserve to know the truth.
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 07:03:37 PM

This is how you can tell if they have given up or not, they will not renew the job posts here if they have given up https://vanna.com/companies/explore/datum?hl=en

Seems like they listed the jobs only a couple of days resp. one week ago. Imo that doesn't look as if they're planning to give up.

they had a very succesful ICO which means they still have plenty of funding for the next couple of years. Hopefully they'll get a big userbase soon otherwise its going to be exactly like in the dotcom bubble, a lot of good companies from those days never saw any success

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 07:32:35 PM

This is how you can tell if they have given up or not, they will not renew the job posts here if they have given up https://vanna.com/companies/explore/datum?hl=en

Seems like they listed the jobs only a couple of days resp. one week ago. Imo that doesn't look as if they're planning to give up.

they had a very succesful ICO which means they still have plenty of funding for the next couple of years. Hopefully they'll get a big userbase soon otherwise its going to be exactly like in the dotcom bubble, a lot of good companies from those days never saw any success

If the bear market continues for another couple of months / a year, a lot of projects will have problems to keep liquid funds available. Especially, when they hold most or all of their funds in cryptocurrencies (which decreased a lot in value).  So in this case it will be important for projects to 'survive' this crypto winter until the market goes up again.
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 07:36:21 PM

If the bear market continues for another couple of months / a year, a lot of projects will have problems to keep liquid funds available. Especially, when they hold most or all of their funds in cryptocurrencies (which decreased a lot in value).  So in this case it will be important for projects to 'survive' this crypto winter until the market goes up again.

we'll find out which teams were smart and which were hopeful lol, a lot will have cashed quite a bit to pay for staff and development, but most will have kept their funds in Eth so they didnt have to pay tax

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
ayoubouni95

Activity: 566
Merit: 250

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 11:26:43 PM

I agree. Crypto projects right now should have enough working cash for operations otherwise they will have have a greater risk of shutting down. Likewise, those projects with poor financial planning are in for a big trouble now.

░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░                                        
              ░░▒▓▓███▓▓░░████████████████▓░                                   
          ░▓▓▓▒██████████░ ███████████████████▒                                
       ░▓██▒░  ███████████▓ ▒███████████████████▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓                    
  ▒▓▓▓██▒     ████████   ▒██░ ██████████▓▒░      █████████████████▓▓▒░         
 ▓█▒░░        ▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░▒███░ ▓▓▓▒░░   ░░▒▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒       ░▒▓███████▓▒░  
 █                                               ░▒▒▓▓██████████▓▒░░░▒▓██████▓█
 █▒  ▒▓▓▒░▒▓█▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░░                                    ░▒▓▓████████▓▓▒░   ▒█
 ░█ ▒████▓  ▒▒░▒▒▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▒▒▒░                            ░▒      ░▓██ 
  ▒███▒▓▓██  ░              ▒░░█████▓▓▓▓██▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░          ░░ ▓██████▓▓▒
    ▓█▓▓▒▓█▓ ▒              ▒▒▓███  ███████████▓▓█▓░░▒▒░░░  ▓███████▓████████ ▓█
     ░█  ▓██▓▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓████████▓░   ████▒▒▓▓▓▓██████      ░ ████████▒█████▓▒  ▒█
      ▓▓▓▓████▓▒░░                ▒███ ░███▓█▓▓████░    ▓ ████████▓▓█▓▒    ▓▓▓ 
      ░▓█████▓▒▓██████▓▒░         ▒██▓ ██▒  ██▓▓████    ▒  ░            ▒██▒   
        ░▒         ░▒▓█████████▓▒  ██▒ █▓    ██▒█████    ▒▒▒░░░▒░░░█▓▒▓██▓     
                          ░▒▓█████████ ██    ▓█▒█████▓             ░▓██▓       
                                  ░▒▓█▓ ██ ░▒██░██████▓  ▒▒▒░   ▒▓███▒         
                                      █▓▒▓████░▓████▓ ▓▓▓██████████░           
                                       ▓█▓▓▓▓▓█████▓          ░▒▒              
                                         ▒▓▓██▓▒░                              

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ███████████▀     ██ ██
██ ██████████▌   ▄▄▄██ ██
██ ██████████   ██████ ██
██ ███████          ██ ██
██ ███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄██ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
|
Whitepaper
Ann Thread
Bounty Thread
mrk6

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 12:41:09 AM

Think about it, their coin went from position what , 200 or 300 or something to now position 778 in ranking at coinmarketcap, although its crypto winter now they clearly did something wrong otherwise people would have invested money into their project.
mrk6

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 10:24:35 AM

Datum, your not the first people to make a S3 API to a Data store, there's been many many over the years and many many failed, I've seen many fail, do your research and know why, otherwise your just doing work for no reason.
mrk6

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 12:57:28 AM

Is all Datums coin volume fake now? All buys and sells are fairly the same each day now on the exchanges, just the minimum, like Huobi is 14k, if you have no real volume your going to get delisted lol
mrk6

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 06:35:59 AM

Market cap $760,455 USD
24 hour volume 35k
Price ETH 0.00000886
A mobile app that it appears no-one uses, a API that it appears no-one uses
That's the definition of product management failure, time for ICO post mortem?
mrk6

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 10:22:06 AM

Look, a partnership between Bluzelle and SWIPE in July 2018
https://blog.bluzelle.com/bluzelle-x-swipe-27368db16ac2

"As part of the network, all data collected will be aggregated, anonymized and encrypted. It will then be channeled into an analytics engine which packages it to be monetized directly to data buyers in a decentralized data marketplace. This process provides transparency to data buyers as they can trace the origins of the data, creates a fairer way for app developers to monetize data and empowers users by giving them full control and ownership of their data. "

Amazing!
ayoubouni95

Activity: 566

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 02:37:46 PM

Datum, your not the first people to make a S3 API to a Data store, there's been many many over the years and many many failed, I've seen many fail, do your research and know why, otherwise your just doing work for no reason.

I think it would be better if you could provide the community with a factual data about your allegations otherwise it could be interpreted that you are just in to make fud on this project.

░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░                                        
              ░░▒▓▓███▓▓░░████████████████▓░                                   
          ░▓▓▓▒██████████░ ███████████████████▒                                
       ░▓██▒░  ███████████▓ ▒███████████████████▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓                    
  ▒▓▓▓██▒     ████████   ▒██░ ██████████▓▒░      █████████████████▓▓▒░         
 ▓█▒░░        ▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░▒███░ ▓▓▓▒░░   ░░▒▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒       ░▒▓███████▓▒░  
 █                                               ░▒▒▓▓██████████▓▒░░░▒▓██████▓█
 █▒  ▒▓▓▒░▒▓█▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░░                                    ░▒▓▓████████▓▓▒░   ▒█
 ░█ ▒████▓  ▒▒░▒▒▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▒▒▒░                            ░▒      ░▓██ 
  ▒███▒▓▓██  ░              ▒░░█████▓▓▓▓██▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░          ░░ ▓██████▓▓▒
    ▓█▓▓▒▓█▓ ▒              ▒▒▓███  ███████████▓▓█▓░░▒▒░░░  ▓███████▓████████ ▓█
     ░█  ▓██▓▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓████████▓░   ████▒▒▓▓▓▓██████      ░ ████████▒█████▓▒  ▒█
      ▓▓▓▓████▓▒░░                ▒███ ░███▓█▓▓████░    ▓ ████████▓▓█▓▒    ▓▓▓ 
      ░▓█████▓▒▓██████▓▒░         ▒██▓ ██▒  ██▓▓████    ▒  ░            ▒██▒   
        ░▒         ░▒▓█████████▓▒  ██▒ █▓    ██▒█████    ▒▒▒░░░▒░░░█▓▒▓██▓     
                          ░▒▓█████████ ██    ▓█▒█████▓             ░▓██▓       
                                  ░▒▓█▓ ██ ░▒██░██████▓  ▒▒▒░   ▒▓███▒         
                                      █▓▒▓████░▓████▓ ▓▓▓██████████░           
                                       ▓█▓▓▓▓▓█████▓          ░▒▒              
                                         ▒▓▓██▓▒░                              

|
|

██ ███████████▀     ██ ██
██ ██████████▌   ▄▄▄██ ██
██ ███████          ██ ██
██ ███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄██ ██

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
|
Whitepaper
Ann Thread
Bounty Thread
mrk6

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 04:31:42 AM

> I think it would be better if you could provide the community with a factual data about your allegations otherwise it could be interpreted that you are just in to make fud on this project.

Let me explain, S3 backup services have been around for a long while and there was a period of years where price and performance competition occurred and many businesses which didn't gain customer volume disappeared and I saw them disappear during that competition time as they competed for lowest price and fastest speed, or added a larger feature set, etc. In particular I have deep knowledge on NAS backup to cloud including virtual NAS on cloud, so I know this area well. Now the S3 backup market is mature with many large players, its trivial to search for S3 backup services and you can easily google and find unlimited PC backup with S3 for fixed price per month. Its really a mature market. Then there are S3 coin projects like storj and siacoin which are very low cost s3 storage.

Also on a technical level, the idea of storing S3 objects and also writing to a blockchain is a bit strange because S3 performance may be limited by the speed in which they can write to the blockchain, depending on how they do it (synchronous or asynchronous write) and I don't really see the benefit of the blockchain for the storage of the data since the other services give SLA guarantees of their storage anyway. Really customers only care about features, price, speed and cost, reliability, on a comparative basis, they don't care about sales hype and they don't want to switch providers because once your storing your S3 data on one store its a pain to go to another.
mrk6

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 05:53:15 AM

On the technical basis its not trivial to create a performant S3 storage with high concurrency of multiple clients reading and writing.
Chief__Architect

Activity: 82
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 08:03:13 PM

On the technical basis its not trivial to create a performant S3 storage with high concurrency of multiple clients reading and writing.

Isn't the idea of monetizing data with Blockchain storage in general the following?
•   Step 1: Provide Blockchain secured Object-Storage including a API. (e.g. by fingerprinting the files a mixture of Blockchain and fast storage for files could be used)
This would come close to a S3-API
•   Step 2: Provide a traceable option to monetize you data without losing the option control the data
This is nothing cheap cloud storage can provide you and I am not aware of any mass adopted solution for this. And here comes Blockchain support into play.

Imagine the following:
•   Upload your full Facebook archive to a Blockchain secured storage
•   Decide which kind of dataset of your archive you would like to monetize
       o   Anonymized  
       o   Only aggregated data
       o   Only certain characteristics or records
       o   Full-Access ($$$ )
•   Marketers are enabled to buy you data using APIs
•   A smart contract will control:
       o   The duration of the access right to you data
       o    Which data is exposed
       o   By expiring of the smart contract, all access rights will be revoked
•   Payments will be done with a corresponding Blockchain token.

Imagine what markets would pay for the full temporary access to you Facebook archive. Why should Facebook only make money by selling you data?
Some people may like to use a Blockchain supported storage solution to control and monetize their data.

mrk6

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 04:28:30 AM

Isn't the idea of monetizing data with Blockchain storage in general the following?
•   Step 1: Provide Blockchain secured Object-Storage including a API. (e.g. by fingerprinting the files a mixture of Blockchain and fast storage for files could be used)
This would come close to a S3-API
•   Step 2: Provide a traceable option to monetize you data without losing the option control the data
This is nothing cheap cloud storage can provide you and I am not aware of any mass adopted solution for this. And here comes Blockchain support into play.

Imagine the following:
•   Upload your full Facebook archive to a Blockchain secured storage
•   Decide which kind of dataset of your archive you would like to monetize
       o   Anonymized  
       o   Only aggregated data
       o   Only certain characteristics or records
       o   Full-Access ($$$ )
•   Marketers are enabled to buy you data using APIs
•   A smart contract will control:
       o   The duration of the access right to you data
       o    Which data is exposed
       o   By expiring of the smart contract, all access rights will be revoked
•   Payments will be done with a corresponding Blockchain token.

Imagine what markets would pay for the full temporary access to you Facebook archive. Why should Facebook only make money by selling you data?
Some people may like to use a Blockchain supported storage solution to control and monetize their data.

Good reasoning and of course it sounds good, but in reality there are many problems with it, IT experience tells me that's too simple, there are problems with this, firstly people won't want to store data in that API because of trust issues, not able to trust that storage will last for the time their mobile app exists, not able to trust it will be secure, not able to trust its reliable because Datum is not google, its Datum, a crypto coin which like all crypto coins has low probability of survival.
Not willing to adopt a new API because it costs time and effort to use and then what is the reward, if there's no immediate reward now then when and what is it? and why care when there are so many free databases, there is a cost in time and effort and learning to use a new API and there needs to be a compelling reward for doing so. Given the choice between a reliable free storage and this Datum which really doesn't have a data marketplace and is not popular and has no monitization option, but talks about it then ... why? really what do I get in return for storage of data in Datum. Then also if Datum had a distribution channel apart from the API it would have helped them immensely, that's a business side problem.

indika

Activity: 489

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 05:47:36 AM

this is scam project and they steel my 920 datum when trying to transfer to ku coin this is scam coin
Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 »
  Print  

Jump to: