Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:21:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to be contented on what you have?  (Read 9270 times)
Kaye (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 01:07:58 PM

As I observed myself it looks like I never stop on planning to buy new things that I dont have yet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 01:16:47 PM

Satisfaction with life does not depend on how many things you can afford to buy. Look at the millionaires who have everything. They do not feel satisfaction and therefore go into politics or are engaged in extreme sports.
Wowcoin

Activity: 910
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 01:53:00 PM

As I observed myself it looks like I never stop on planning to buy new things that I dont have yet.
You need to be satisfied for what you have not all you want you need to buy. Maybe help yourself make a decision for a good things so that you can be contented on what you have. And don't waste your money for the things that you don't need.
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 04:06:09 PM

It depends on how you manage your money and if you are satisfied with what you have. Because if you are not satisfied with what you have then everytime you see something you like the result will always be the same. But if you are satisfied with what you have now then you wouldn't be tempted in buying those things. Try to scribble down what are the things you want and need, want are things you just want to have because other people have it too; need would be things you need everyday and you can't do by without them because they are that important.
bikihabana

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

It's Me bikihabana

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 05:19:06 PM

I make a projection into the future, specifically that day that I will be no more, the day my precious life will come to and end on this beautiful earth - as I do this, I realize that day could be any day really, although I hope it will be much later when I can't walk up straight any longer and have to bend over a little. This projected observation helps me to search for that which is most important in my life.

Solaris - of the Sun
merchantofzeny

Activity: 1036
Merit: 279

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 06:34:21 PM

Well, I think that sounds more like consumerism. There's nothing wrong with buying new stuff, provided you can afford them and that you are not chocking in them like some hoarders.

In fact, it is sometimes great to not be content. If I'm just content I wouldn't have been able to save up for the stuff I'm using now.

bitKaBoom

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 06:48:16 PM

I also always planing planing something to buy. And every day the price of things that I want to buy increasing.
I came out of the situation - I began to make expensive and great tattoos Cool
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 07:42:24 PM

People are always setting up goals for themselves and the more cash they have the higher the goals become. I'll give you an example from my own life. When I was a kid i always saved money for computer parts. I remember setting up small goals for myself, like a printer or a new keyboard, but when I started to earn real money and didn't have to rely on my parents, my computer goals quickly grew. My old desk suddenly became too small to fit my new computer and then my room was too small and I moved to a bigger flat, and that became too small, so I moved to a house, and now my yard feels too small, I'd like to have 2x that to fit a swimming pool Cheesy

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 08:46:50 PM

There is nothing wrong in being optimistic and wanting the good things of life and in fact, its the best thing to do because I won't want to associate with anyone who is comfortable with the life of penury but the difference is what are the length you willing to go to achieve such objective and that's is what differentiate contentment with desperation. In dreaming and wishing, one should always try to work hard and also draw a line that will not be crossed when it comes to morality.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 02:21:27 AM

You need to know first if you really need that thing that you don't have, if it is just your WANTS, then you should not to buy it. We need to know that differences of NEEDS AND WANTS.
RedX

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 02:46:02 AM

I don't think its a problem as long as it's your money. Your work hard to earn that money so you can buy whatever you want in your life. It's like rewarding yourself for long hours of work so there's nothing wrong with that.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 02:47:15 AM

I think the title of the thread is mistaken, the true question is how to be content with who you are, those that are content with themselves do not need anything more.
theredproof77

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 03:13:43 AM

I also always planing planing something to buy. And every day the price of things that I want to buy increasing.
I came out of the situation - I began to make expensive and great tattoos Cool
So you have some studio? Where is it?
Keeping Up

Activity: 230
Merit: 22

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2017, 04:04:14 AM

my POV...
First of all you shouldn't be contented in you life right now...
you must always strive to become a better person..
but this doesn't mean that you'll have to spend for something you can't afford..
Cheesy

GenesisP2P Payment Ecosystem  │ GITHUBPOOLSEXPLORERBLOCK TRACKER☑ No ICO/Auction   
Equihash 192.7 ● ─[ Secure & Private Cryptocurrency ]─ ● ────[ ForumFaucetExchangeAirdrops & Bounties ]──── ● ☑ No pre-mine       
 POW/MNs     │SOLUTION FOR BUSINESSES AND E-COMMERCE│           ANNTWITTERDISCORDREDDIT           │ ☑ Fair Launch     
shileiya

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:14:33 AM

People are always setting up goals for themselves and the more cash they have the higher the goals become. I'll give you an example from my own life. When I was a kid i always saved money for computer parts. I remember setting up small goals for myself, like a printer or a new keyboard, but when I started to earn real money and didn't have to rely on my parents, my computer goals quickly grew. My old desk suddenly became too small to fit my new computer and then my room was too small and I moved to a bigger flat, and that became too small, so I moved to a house, and now my yard feels too small, I'd like to have 2x that to fit a swimming pool Cheesy
I agree with your point of view, with their own powerful, see what you want more and more, so that we will not use their own goals, the original dream has been unable to meet their needs.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:55:33 AM

I agree with this that as human being, our needs are insatiable and we will always go for more depending on the different things happening to us and as we migrate to different stages of life. However, not all our needs can be met at once currently I wish to have a car, but I cannot afford it at the moment and being contended means to strive legitimately to meet those needs without having to cross the boundary of legitimacy all in the quest of using a car by all means.
JJriver

Activity: 173

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 10:08:50 AM

Many people do not really think whether they need a thing, but go for fashion and advertising. It is necessary to be able to enjoy the surrounding world, and not to buy up everything that society imposes.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

TELEGRAM WHITEPAPER TWITTER FACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰
SacriFries11

Activity: 882
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 10:19:35 AM

It's not bad to buy things that you don't have but make sure that you have money alloted to it. Right now, I only buy the important things that I needed instead of buying things that I only want. We should learn how to manage our money and learn how to save for the future. I'm satisfied with the things I have right now, I know that I can buy the things that I want when I get a job.

BYBIT reddit                  █▀▀▄▄▄█▀█
            ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄  ▀▀▀
    ▄▄▄ ▄▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▄ ▄▄▄
  ▄▀  ▄▀    ▄▄      ▄▄    ▀▄  ▀▄
  ▀▄ █     ████    ████     █ ▄▀
    █       ▀▀      ▀▀       █
     █     ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀     █
▄▄▄▄  ▀▄                  ▄▀
█▄▄█▀▀████▀█▀▀██▀█▀█▀▀██▀█▀▀▀███▄
████ ▀▄██▀▄█ ▀ █▄▀ █ ▀ █ ██ █████
████ █ █ ███ ▀▄█▀▀▄█ ▀▄█ ██ █████
▀███████████████████████████
█▀▀█
           ▀▄        ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

SPOTS & DERIVATIVES
TRADING
24/7 CUSTOMER
SUPPORT

LAUNCHPAD /
LAUNCHPOOL
NFT
MARKETPLACE

▄█████████████▄
█████████████
█▄███████████
█████████████
████████████████▄
█████▀████▀ ▀ ▀████▄
██████████ ▀▀▀▄████
███████████ ███ ████
██████████▄ ▄ ▄████▀
█████████████████▀
█████████████
██████████▄██
▀█████████████▀

MOBILE APP
FOR IPHONE
& ANDROID
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
MOST RELIABLE
TRADING PLATFORM

GLOBAL // 2020
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                             █
                       ▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄              █
        ▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▄▄          █
   ▄▀▀█▀▀▀▄▄ ▄ ▄▀▀▀    ▄▀ ▀ ▀  ▀▄▄ ▀▄        █
  ▀▄ ▐▌▄████████▄▄ ▄ ▄  ▄██▄█▄▀██▄█▄ █       █
    ▀▀████████████████▄█▄▄██▄▀███████▄█      █
     ▄▀████████▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▄▀██▀▄████     █
   ▄██▀▀    ▀▀▀▀███▄     ▐█ ▄▄█▀█████████▄   █
  ▄█▌              ▀██   █▄▀▀▀ ▐▄██▀▀▀ ▀▀▄▀  █
  ▀▀                      ▀▀    ▀            █
                                             █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Palider

Activity: 1273
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 10:34:32 AM

Contentment is really hard to achieve. We usually set things that we want to have, and when we already get it we usually look for me. Even people who are rich has no contentment. They still work and want to be even richer. But, I think that the best thing that you can do to your problem is, just be contented with what you have. Remember that you can't have everything that you want. Just be happy with what you have.
nappoleon

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 12:34:48 PM

We don't, if were contended on what we have then we won't have internet today as we were contended using snail mails or cars as were contended on horses. Maybe you could, if you renounce knowledge and stop learning new things or go to nepal and devote your life in the ways of monks, not bad at all.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: