Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:30:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to be contented on what you have?  (Read 9268 times)
Rylei

Activity: 132
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2017, 01:04:09 PM

As I observed myself it looks like I never stop on planning to buy new things that I dont have yet.
I also feel what you have felt because I'm wishing to buy my wants that my parents doesn't provide such as the gadgets like cellphone, branded clothes and good looking shoes. But I realize that you should use your money well especially in limiting yourself to be insecured with other people. Needs is better than wants because even though you don't buy the things you want still you survive but if you don't prioritize your needs therefore you've been failed to your journey in this world.

It is not bad to dream something or plan on buying new things which you don't have. Just like you, I also want to buy all that I want.

And yes, needs first before wants. I think people have different perspective of the word contentment. I grew up in a simple family where I learn to appreciate and be contented with what we have in life. I'm thankful that somehow my parents managed to provide us things that we need.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rabi3

Activity: 1204
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 01:36:14 PM

To be satisfied about what you have you shouldn't compare you to they who are richer than you, you have to see those who are less than you that's keep you happy and more satisfy about your life

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 01:45:26 PM

It is not a problem for me actually.  I easily got contentednon things I already have.  I do not understand people who continuously buy the same things like for example keep on upgrading their phones.  Some who buy watch but already have a dozens of it.  I easily appreciate things that I have maybe that is what I should br thankful for from my father who taught us to be contentedbon what we have.  As a child we livenon a simple life and appreciates everything we have.
matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:29:53 PM

You have to first realize that you can't have everything that you want and that what you have probably is what others are only wishing for. To be contented with what you have would mean that you value the things you possess. There's nothing wrong with wanting for more, but sometimes, being contented is what you need to have peace of mind.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
Daisuke

Activity: 282

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:52:06 PM

You have to first realize that you can't have everything that you want and that what you have probably is what others are only wishing for. To be contented with what you have would mean that you value the things you possess. There's nothing wrong with wanting for more, but sometimes, being contented is what you need to have peace of mind.
I totally agree with your points. Being contented on what you have means you are happy with you're life. You have to keep in mind that there are people who wants to have the things that you have but couldn't get it. If that's the only thing that you can get and have, just be contented with it. And if ever you have extra that you can share, then don't hesitate to do so.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:14:59 PM

I've realized that after I didn't get a toy (i believe) that I've wanted so much as a kid. That crying and need over a toy lasted for a few days, then I've completely forgot about it. Later on I've realized that I've had just as fun and joyful childhood without that toy and that it wasn'tthat important after all.

As the great B would say it: "You think you do, but you don't".

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
facebookbtc

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:07:14 AM

Live a simple life in a mountain would be the answer, no electricity and no internet.
Being isolated will prevent you from wanting things you can't see or hear about.
It is the only solution and I don't think anyone can do it except those who already live in their whole of their lives.
fishbonez11

Activity: 322
Merit: 116

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:45:10 AM

As I observed myself it looks like I never stop on planning to buy new things that I dont have yet.

There is nothing wrong in buying things and commodities that we need for primary living and those we perceive to aid us in our daily functions. The problem here is what are the things that you buy, and what is the purpose? Identify first why you keep on buying new things that  you don't have yet. Is it because you need the thing? Or you don't need it but it's on sale? Or it's just so cute and nice and you can't resist it? Or maybe you want others to see your new things? Or maybe there is an empty hole in your heart which you are trying to fill in by buying and buying new stuffs? Sadly, these things accumulate over time and could give you clutter, they would wear down and be out of style. Try identifying what it is in your heart that drives you to buy and buy. Or try giving. More often than not, we are the greater recipient when we help out.
ZzV1Finn

Activity: 345

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 11:03:25 AM

It is necessary to live as a small child, they do not bother with what they have and are satisfied with any little things that parents can provide. Happiness is not in the purchases we make.

zurc

Activity: 275

SOKOS.io

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 11:11:25 AM

It is not that you are not contented at all, it is just you are being curious what this thing can do to your life so you want to buy this or that thing.

bebejhen

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 02:34:16 PM

Be happy and learn to appreciate things maybe. But at some point, I think there's no contentment in this world. I do appreciate things, I am happy too, but when we get what we want in a few days we already want something else.
BenR

Activity: 134

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 07:38:52 AM

How to be content, part 1: Log off facebook, don't obsess over what other have or what others are doing.. Do focus on yourself and enjoy what you have.
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 02:37:49 PM

People never satisfied with what he has and so always strives to be bigger and better. This is the incentive that causes one to always have a goal in life. I don't think it's bad. Without a purpose it would be boring and not interesting to live.
hydeevanz

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 02:49:50 PM

That would be a bad thing for you. Contenment is a word for those who are satisfied with what they have and not for a person who lets their feeling of desire decide. Likely, if you got all the money do not just buy and buy all the things that you want but learn how invest in more profitable business so that it wont go to waste after you spend it all and maybe in the future you will get for yourself the necessary thing/s you really need like house and lot
Butchick

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 03:02:54 PM

Contentment is one thing that's hard to achieve. When we are contented, it solely means that we are satisfied with what we have therefore, we no longer set a certain goal on ourselves to get something better than what we have. Contentment is quite a complicated thing. We all wanted to be contented, but human as we are, we always want something better, new, updated, etc. we never get satisfied nor stop to want something more. We are goal setters, ambitious. Hence, when one gets to be contented or satisfied with whatever disposition that individual is in, he no longer does anything that will make him better or have something better than what he has.

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 03:04:11 PM

How to be content, part 1: Log off facebook, don't obsess over what other have or what others are doing.. Do focus on yourself and enjoy what you have.

Actually I have read that before in an article that one of the ways to be contented is to stop opening your social media account as they only gives us the feeling of uncontentment.  All the post we shared in our social media account are only happy things.  We want to be percepted that our life were perfect and that we are happy and we are rich something like that.  Let us just be thankful on things that we already have.  
shakeeup

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 03:17:01 PM

If you want to be contented, just lock yourself in a room and stay there forever.
My point is, no one can be contented to something because that's the nature of human. World is constantly changing, we are living for the future and not for the past. No one can deny it, even its just for a little thing.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 03:36:30 PM

It's simple, really.
Before war in my country, I had material wealth but wasn't happy.
In the war my family lost everything.
But, it was blessing, in some way because I started to search for the real purpose of life.
Now, I understand that real happiness and joy comes with true love, family, wife, kids, close friends, health etc. not with money.
Money is just tool to achieve something in life, not final goal.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
VasyaPupkin

Activity: 322

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 08:34:35 PM

It's simple, really.
Before war in my country, I had material wealth but wasn't happy.
In the war my family lost everything.
But, it was blessing, in some way because I started to search for the real purpose of life.
Now, I understand that real happiness and joy comes with true love, family, wife, kids, close friends, health etc. not with money.
Money is just tool to achieve something in life, not final goal.

A person can not just begin to appreciate what he has. You have fallen into a difficult life situation and realized that for you are true values. But most people live in comfortable conditions and have false goals.
Enjoying life is a difficult work on yourself

Clover_Faith

Activity: 237

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 08:22:40 AM

We don't, if were contended on what we have then we won't have internet today as we were contended using snail mails or cars as were contended on horses. Maybe you could, if you renounce knowledge and stop learning new things or go to nepal and devote your life in the ways of monks, not bad at all.

Maybe ill be contended when i achieve my real goal in my life but now, i really dont know what i want. Maybe it's not time and i wait the right time. We know each of us dont be contended in their lives even if they have all of they needs and want. They try more more and more and they think it is good but it's not too because it's cross their limitation from others.

▬▬ ● ● Papusha ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ WHITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰     PAPUSHA ROCKET TECHNOLOGY ICO COOMING SOON   ▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
 ▲▼ WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ MEDIUM  ▲▼
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: