Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:36:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to be contented on what you have?  (Read 9270 times)
yourboss

Activity: 300
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 02:38:14 PM

Its normal to want more than you have. Moreover, if a person becomes content with what he or she has, they turn into boring spiritless people because they no longer have a dream. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jheke07

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 03:53:56 PM

I don't think that there's contentment in this world because whenever you get something you want there's always a thing that you wanted more. So maybe you can lessen that by appreciating on what you have.
Prime Gold

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 03:31:27 PM

Satisfied with what you have is good. We must always be happy with what we have in our lives, To be satisfied with what you mean, you appreciate the things you have. There's nothing wrong with wanting more, but with reasonable limits
Gotumoot

Activity: 1372
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 05:25:43 PM

We should be thankful for what we have and be grateful because not everyone can afford some things that we already have. On the other hand, being not contented is somewhat a good thing. Why? It's because we need to aim and crave for more even if we suceed on something. Do not limit your skills on just a single success in life. It will help to keep us doing our best.
ciceronyc

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 05:47:49 PM

Contentment doesn't come from circumstantial success.  Circumstances change like the markets.

Contentment comes from inside.  We often take a good thing like money and ascribe too much importance to it.  And therefore suffer discontentment.

It is not Stoicism, IMHO.  Epictetus said, “Begin with a cup or a household utensil, if it breaks say, ‘I don’t care.’ Go on to a horse or a pet dog, if anything happens to it say, ‘I don’t care.’ Go on to yourself and if you’re hurt or injured in any way say, ‘I don’t care.’ And if you go on long enough and if you try hard enough you’ll come to a state when you can walk your nearest and dearest suffer and die and say, ‘I don’t care.’"  Abolishing our feelings doesn't resolve the issue.  Feelings are like a water faucet that delivers both cold and hot water.  Lock out the cold and you lock out the hot too.  Ultimately, that creates depression.
wakawaka12

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:16:01 PM

the less is more)
bcnaranjo

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 06:48:50 AM

I think there is no such contentment in every human being because even our ancestors have never been contented in their lives. Even the bible during the time of Adan and Eve, the reason why Adan and Eve commit the mortal sin is because they are not contented with what God gave them, they become greedy and ask for more. And since according to them we are from Adan and Eve ancestors then we have the same natural greediness in our bones.
Ginosaur15

Activity: 132

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:04:36 AM

As I observed myself it looks like I never stop on planning to buy new things that I dont have yet.
Theres nothing bad on buying thing that you don't haveas long as you can afford it. Contentment is being happy on things that you have. You should be happy and contented on what you have

tsinelas

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 10:19:28 AM

Satisfaction with life does not depend on how many things you can afford to buy. Look at the millionaires who have everything. They do not feel satisfaction and therefore go into politics or are engaged in extreme sports.
let's face it. us human, was never satisfied.
we always ask for more.

▬▬▬▬▬      ▬     iCumulate         Investing in the future together           ▬      ▬▬▬▬▬
WHITEPAPER  ]     ████     PRESALE  /  Nov 30th - Dec 7th     ████     [   ONE PAGER   ]
▬      ▬▬▬▬▬     Twitter     ●     Facebook     ●     Telegram     ●     Medium     ▬▬▬▬▬      ▬
Jackeexx

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 10:34:36 AM

in general human being is never contented on what he has. as the income is growing, we always try to improve, no matter how happy we are. Happiness is self-contentedness. – Aristotle. very deep phrase. Contentness is leading to happiness. so you choose whom to be happy or unhappy. if you know how to be contented with less - you will always find a way to be happy.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 10:39:01 AM

Satisfaction with life does not depend on how many things you can afford to buy. Look at the millionaires who have everything. They do not feel satisfaction and therefore go into politics or are engaged in extreme sports.
let's face it. us human, was never satisfied.
we always ask for more.

Humans are always not contented in what they have in their life. Humans always want something new and new look in their eyes. Humans will not be contented on what they have because almost every year, there is a new product that is being released. If we want to have this new products, we should study hard so we can work on prestigious company where they offer high income.
deejhay

Activity: 119

for future

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 11:06:17 AM

things cannot give you satisfaction, its those people around you that can, achieving things that you dream with them, having fun and experiencing the feeling of being alive that is what can satisfy you so dont become too focus on things because there are lot that will distract you. Live youre life Smiley

mistanama

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 11:12:14 AM

As I observed myself it looks like I never stop on planning to buy new things that I dont have yet.
You need to be satisfied for what you have not all you want you need to buy. Maybe help yourself make a decision for a good things so that you can be contented on what you have. And don't waste your money for the things that you don't need.
Satisfaction depends on yourself and on how you feel. You'll be contented in some things that you have is you appreciate the value of it. You just need to value your things and know thier worth just to make you satisfied. We don't need to think that the thing we have is not enough, just think that all we have bought or all we have now is a blessing. Even if you think its not enough, you just work for it and don't even think to throw away all the things you have. Even the simple things and small things are important and we have to appreciate the worth of it.
Zivdafast

Activity: 57

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 12:21:05 PM

You'll be contented on what you have if you appreciate the worth of everyperson, thing or whatever that you have in your life. Just think that whatever it is, and all things in this world is important. If a thing should not be enough for you, maybe it is a thing that you think that you may improved more and you may reached more than what you have now. But don't even fool yourself that the thing you have is unworthy because all thing that you worked for to yours, is a very important thing to every individual. Because providing your needs by you own, makes your heart fulfilled and makes you better.
dillema018

Activity: 214
Merit: 20

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 01:43:03 PM

You can be contented on what you have by finding little things that can give you simple joy, finding things about you are happy with, assume that you, others and lives are perfect and taking a moment to be grateful for somethings. Be contented on what you have, rejoice in the way things are. When you realize that there is nothing lacking, the whole world would be grateful that you've found contentment.
piash.tanjin

Activity: 70
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 02:01:14 PM

I know contentment is not an easy task i mean no one is content with what he or she has but we should try for our own happiness or it will give u nothing but frustration for u.
Malsetid

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 05:59:29 AM

I know contentment is not an easy task i mean no one is content with what he or she has but we should try for our own happiness or it will give u nothing but frustration for u.

Well i think you just have to know what you need and then what you want. People who have less are more contented with simple things because they know how it feels to have nothing so they tend to put more importance to what they currently have

▄▄██████▄▄                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
        ▄██████████████▄           ▄▄███████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████▄       ▄████████████████████▄
     █████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄   ▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
   ███████▀        ▀█████▀ ▄███████████▀       ▀████████
  ▄█▄█████▀           ▀█▀ ▄███████████▀          ▀███████▌
▄█████▄███              ▄███████████▀             ███████▌
  ▀█▀█████▄           ▄███████████▀ ▄▄           ▄███████▌
   ███████▄        ▄███████████▀ ▄████▄        ▄████████
     █████████▄▄▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████████
      ▀████████████████████▀     ▀████████████████████▀
       ▀███████████████▀▀         ▀████████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██████▀▀                ▀▀███████▀▀▀
.CryptoMania.            ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▐██████████▄▄██▌
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████████████▄▄ ████████████  ▄█████████████▄▄
▐███████████▌  █████████▀█████████
 ██▀▀ ██████ ▄████████▌▀▀ ▄███████▌
     ██████▐█████████  ▄███████▀▀
    ▐█████████████████▄███████
    ████████████████████████
    ▐████████████████████████
   ▄███▄▐███  ▄█████▄███████▄███▄
  ▐██ ██▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███ ▐██ ██
   ▀███▄▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███  ▀███▄
   ██▄█▀▐█████▀█████▀  ███  ██▄█▀

.The Real Slots.........
.Experience on-chain.

$

$
ongels

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 07:00:25 AM

With what i have and with who i am. I have accepted that i am the type of person who will always be striving for a goal , the type of person who enjoys challenge, and who enjoys the journey, its not the goal that matters to me. its the journey to get there that is so fun. and i'm content
being that type of person. Contentment is not a matter with being content with your situation in life and never trying to improve. its a matter of being content with what you have - but realizing that as humans, we will always try to improve. no matter how happy we are. If we don't, we have given up on life.
Chikitita2004

Activity: 560
Merit: 121

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 07:07:16 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2017, 08:01:08 AM by Chikitita2004

I always take a racing horse as an example to my self.  They put this thing on the horse's eyes to keep their eyes on focus to the destination. It couldnt look to the left nor to the right so the horse look straight forward. If we have the same thing in the horse eyes we will not be looking at what our neighbors have, what do they buy and will not be comparing  ourselves  to them. If it happens, everything we  see is just ourselves, our own and what we have. So we manage with what we have and also contented because there is no point of comparison. I always put it in my mind that i may not have what others have but there are those also who wish to have what i have.

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉ ▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌
◐ o ◑ Blockchain Can Bring The Fine Art Investment World Together ◐ o ◑
┣▇  MEDIUM  ┣▇  FACEBOOK   ┣▇  TWITTER   ┣▇  LINKEDIN   ┣▇  PINTEREST   ┣▇  INSTAGRAM
dream_maker82

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 12:09:39 PM

You need to look at life as a child and enjoy what you have. Little children are happy with everything their parents give them, even if they are from a very poor family.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: